Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,772 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155413 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BeingAkorede(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hi guys, I've been following this thread for some months but my application has been submitted earlier.

So, my question is that, what is the consequences of not attaching SOP for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
bmarketing:

Hi, my eye caught this. I'm about trying to do duolingo test to get an admission. Are you saying we need none of that or ielts?

You dont at all
engrlege:

Thanks for your Swift response and encouragement. God bless you.

Have checked the two schools recommended but non of it offers Project Management or related course.

I will appreciate if anyone can as well recommend another schools with low tuition fee.

Try Conestoga college

1 Like

BeingAkorede:
Hi guys, I've been following this thread for some months but my application has been submitted earlier.

So, my question is that, what is the consequences of not attaching SOP for study permit?

Pls write one immediately and send via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ndubuisi1213(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
Greetings fam,

My school sent me a form fill in regards to online class starting by 8th September(fall intake).

Pls fam, is it wise to follow with the online class since I have not gotten any updates from embassy following the two stages of visa approval ,since Feb 26th that I submitted my application(paper route)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
Anon123:

You dont need IELTS... Sorry the money is wasted but again you can begin your admission application

Although it may not be useful and relevant for your study route, the money and experience from writing IELTS is never a waste. I practiced and wrote GRE and TOEFL, but did not use them. However, that experience made my ielts practice and exam much easier. Doing ielts now can you an exposure and experience that will be beneficial when you finally have to write it for PR after graduation. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
BeingAkorede:

In my opinion, the decision to not attach SOP or LOE only means that you rely on the visa officer to make sense of your application as a cohesive whole. Multiple, and sometimes contradictory, documents can be very confusing. A LOE or SOP should help your officer to solve this problem with less effort.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
ndubuisi1213:
Greetings fam,

My school sent me a form fill in regards to online class starting by 8th September(fall intake).

Pls fam, is it wise to follow with the online class since I have not gotten any updates from embassy following the two stages of visa approval ,since Feb 26th that I submitted my application(paper route)

Thanks

Have you gotten medical request .. If no, my advise is you defer to january

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Once you can account for your study gaps until this

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
Greetings to you all,

Reliable Information reaching me now has it that "Online courses started before study permit approval will count towards PGWP".... For more information on this topic you can read through the attached link CIC LATEST NEWS UPDATE FOR FALL-2020 ONLINE COURSES.

In my opinion, I think this update from IRCC is somewhat of a good news yet a very risky step to take in view of the fact that if things doesn't go to plan (in the case of a visa refusal), the applicant will end up losing funds tremendously to the school in Canada without a VISA. International students were named as key drivers in economic and demographic growth, which are important to Canada’s economic recovery and long-term success. Due to this fact, IRCC are taking drastic measures/changes so as to suit their economic interest. My honest suggestion is that you all should meticulously analyze the entire situation, and be very cautious of any decision you make. I will personally advise that you should secure your visa first before enrolling for any online classes from your home country!.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by creativefun: 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/08/online-study-done-before-study-permit-approval-counts-toward-pgwp-0815230.html#gs.ckds3z

I will urge everyone of us to check this link out, does it mean that they will grant one visa after studying online??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
creativefun:
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/08/online-study-done-before-study-permit-approval-counts-toward-pgwp-0815230.html#gs.ckds3z

I will urge everyone of us to check this link out, does it mean that they will grant one visa after studying online??

No guarantees boss! IRCC are bringing up new updates in an effort to suit their economic interest. Think wisely before making any decision that will cost you massively.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by creativefun: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thanks so much for your kind response, but how can they say such and still deny one visa, that's quite ridiculous , thanks so much. I think i will defer o to the next intake because, this year go rugged oo

Frankrobbn1:

No guarantees boss! IRCC are bringing up new updates in an effort to suit their economic interest. Think wisely before making any decision that will cost you massively.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
Osemigho:

Thanks! I have a friend who lost her account password. She opened another one and linked her previous application using her UCI or application number. This experience made me suggest that anyone without access to their application can open another account and link it.

It been a while. How have you been? He never reach three years though. I hope you’re good.

Thanks for your insightful comments here it's highly appreciated. As for me, I'm doing extremely well thanks for asking. It's a great pleasure to have you around once again. Stay safe and keep up with the good works.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BeingAkorede(m): 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Osemigho:

In my opinion, the decision to not attach SOP or LOE only means that you rely on the visa officer to make sense of your application as a cohesive whole. Multiple, and sometimes contradictory, documents can be very confusing. A LOE or SOP should help your officer to solve this problem with less effort.

I appreciate, trying to get one and raise a webform as he has advised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
creativefun:
Thanks so much for your kind response, but how can they say such and still deny one visa, that's quite ridiculous , thanks so much. I think i will defer o to the next intake because, this year go rugged oo

Initially they said that applicants who haven't gotten an approval from IRCC are not eligible to enrol for online classes from their home country as it wouldn't count during their PGWP. And here comes a new update which contradicts their previous statement on registering for online classes for the fall semester 2020. It's very clear that IRCC are showing some kind of desperation and don't want to lose international students this fall 2020. As a consequence, they are implementing new measures in order to make sure that applicants will begin classes this fall semester so that the Government of Canada can gain revenue for the country's economic recovery and long-term success which was as a result of the novel COVID-19 pandemic.

You may consider defering your admission to the next available intake or better still wait until your resumption date has elapsed before seeking for a deferment.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 12:52am On Aug 05, 2020
Adetunji001:

Congratulations on your admission. I was just sent a notice of acceptance form and admission letter.

OH sorry I am just seeing this... Please can I message you privately? I am unable to send an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 1:56am On Aug 05, 2020
Hello NL.
Great work here.

An agent helped me with my first application. But I plan on reapplying. Do I need the login details of the former account or I can go ahead to open to a new one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 05, 2020
Lmao with the new Covid-19 numbers and 11k+ discharge.. closing of some isolations centers in Lagos
VFS would open soon hopefully cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bettymi: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2020
Hi Guys,
Is it advisable to opt for 2 years diploma program instead of 4 years university program for 17 yr old, considering diploma might be less expensive .
Any advice ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ndubuisi1213(m): 6:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Anon123:

Have you gotten medical request .. If no, my advise is you defer to january
No medical request.. thanks bro, will defer to January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Bettymi:
Hi Guys,
Is it advisable to opt for 2 years diploma program instead of 4 years university program for 17 yr old, considering diploma might be less expensive .
Any advice ??

The chances of getting a visa is higher with a bachelor's degree program than a 2 years diploma. When the applicant has gotten his visa, he can switch to the diploma program within Canada.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Uriel12:
Hello NL.
Great work here.

An agent helped me with my first application. But I plan on reapplying. Do I need the login details of the former account or I can go ahead to open to a new one?

You don't need the login details, you can simply create a new one and begin your online application.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bettymi: 9:04am On Aug 05, 2020
Thanks
Frankrobbn1:

The chances of getting a visa is higher with a bachelor's degree program than a 2 years diploma. When the applicant has gotten his visa, he can switch to the diploma program within Canada.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bettymi: 9:06am On Aug 05, 2020
Pls does anyone know if Memorial university accepts student without English Test and how much deposit is required after acceptance?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EzekielMab(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2020
Good morning.

Pls I want to pay fees.
Someone was saying it will be cheaper if I use a dollar account to pay.

Can anyone attest to that ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by makano: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2020
There are no consequences not attaching SOP, as we have seen in previous parts of this thread(I think part 12 or 13) where few got their visas without submitting any SOP. But the truth be told, you stand a better chance attaching an SOP if u are a 1st time applicant and an LOE if u are an existing applicant.. All documents speaks about the applicant, but SOP speak more of you in your absence to the VO.. So u can actually get ur visa without an SOP, but I will advise you write and attach one.. Peace
BeingAkorede:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You don't need the login details, you can simply create a new one and begin your online application.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much sir.
How do I go about the biometrics this time?
Since I've done that before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2020
Uriel12:

Thank you so much sir.
How do I go about the biometrics this time?
Since I've done that before?
you don’t need biometrics at all
Your biometrics is valid for 10 years so it’s a good to go for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2020
Thanks. Thank you too @frankrobn1
holluville:

Client Information Section is ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 11:18am On Aug 05, 2020
Tonyodg:
you don’t need biometrics at all
Your biometrics is valid for 10 years so it’s a good to go for you

Thank you sir Tonyodg.

God bless you! wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2020
Hello house
Please is there any canadian college that accepts Bank wire transfer (FORM A) for tuition payment.
I kept seeing FLY wire and credit card and there charges are high

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.