Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1157349 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:32am On May 06, 2020
Engager69:
Hi Nairaland Family,

Congrats to wunaarroon69 on her approval.

So far so good, only 4 people have responded with their profile summary. The idea behind doing this is to enable us to establish a timeline as to how CIC operates. Please if you applied for a TRV, I would encourage you to share your timeline. This would help us study or attempt to establish a pattern to how CIC operates.

2020 TRV HOPEFULS
1. Luckymama
Applied online - April 12th
Biometrics done - April 29th
Background check - In progress

2.segzyndpep
Applied online - March 14th
Biometrics done - March 18th

3.faith243
Applied online - March 19th
Biometrics - March 25th
School resumption- University of Regina Fall2020

4.wunaarroon69
1st Online Submission : September 10th 2019
Correspondent Letter : October 15th 2019
Refusal Letter : October 15th 2019

2nd Online Submission : February 12th 2020
Original Passport Request Letter : March 6th 2020.

5. Rolly
Online Application: 4th march 2020
Biometrics: done 4th of feb for a previous application
BVL -17th April 2020
Eligibility started- 18th April

Also please let’s try and provide our school resumption date also. Thanks all

Kindly edit this list with the date of BVL as that is the main controversy I believe.

First Online Application: 30th March 2020
Biometrics Done : from 2014 updated 9th April 2020
BVL: 24th April2020
Eligibility check started 24th April 2020
No other update

School resumption: Fall 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 9:29am On May 06, 2020
sarmamotors:
My Ogas,Help ur boi
I graduated 2012 from a private school(cov uni).
No travel history, am the first born.. Have three siblings,one is employed and the others still in sec school and covenant university.
For employment, I worked 2014 in a microfinance bank, left and continued working in my Dads business till today.He is an auto dealer,my mum is not well to do. but the thing is he doesn't pay me but gives me cash for upkeep.
So I got admission last year for MBA.applied January, then got rejected february on the following grounds:
1.family ties in canda and country of residence
2.not satisfied I will leave due to my current employment situation. I submitted the following docs:
Police report
Property docs
Utility bills
Payment receipt of 8k
SOP
LOA
My siblings birth certificates and mine

Reference letter from my previous employment
Sponsor letter from my Dad.
Though I made mistake of not submit anything from my current employment with my Dad

Now the school gave me scholarship of $7500 to assist with visa processing.
Though I did my traditional wedding 2017 but did not include that in my last application and my fiancee lives with me in my family house.
Now how do I strengten my new application.
Advise me guys.All my Ogas,am loyal. I need help.

First I will suggest you order for your gcms note just to be sure of the vo's concern.
Secondly, about your wife, you didn't mention at all that you are married to her or you didn't include your marriage certificate?
Third, let your dad/sponsor state in his letter that you have been working for the family business but there's no salary for it, but he gives you monthly allowance (let him state the amount, cos I want to believe there's a particular amount you get monthly for your upkeep).
NB: Your answer to the second question will really decide a lot, because if you lied that you weren't married then and saying something else now means you might get banned for concealing such vital information from CIC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 9:45am On May 06, 2020
@Engager, well done for your work on data collation. However there’s an error in my profile. I did not do biometrics on 29th. I did biometrics since last year for visitors visa. What I got in 29th April was BVL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:46am On May 06, 2020
hello!!!
Please I am about apply for my study permit, I'm in the process of getting a gift of deed from my dad but I'm not sure how to go about it. Is it okay to get it from Court of Appeal (my dad works with the court of appeal) or does it have to come form a law chamber?
I really hope someone understands what i mean.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jephehe: 9:55am On May 06, 2020
Your dad that works in Court of Appeal is best person to offer suggestion.

Dameelee:
hello!!!
Please I am about apply for my study permit, I'm in the process of getting a gift of deed from my dad but I'm not sure how to go about it. Is it okay to get it from Court of Appeal (my dad works with the court of appeal) or does it have to come form a law chamber?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:57am On May 06, 2020
Luckymama:
@Engager, well done for your work on data collation. However there’s an error in my profile. I did not do biometrics on 29th. I did biometrics since last year for visitors visa. What I got in 29th April was BVL.

Ohk ma’am, would have that corrected soonest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sarmamotors: 10:05am On May 06, 2020
mcobex:
First I will suggest you order for your gcms note just to be sure of the vo's concern.
Secondly, about your wife, you didn't mention at all that you are married to her or you didn't include your marriage certificate?
Third, let your dad/sponsor state in his letter that you have been working for the family business but there's no salary for it, but he gives you monthly allowance (let him state the amount, cos I want to believe there's a particular amount you get monthly for your upkeep).
NB: Your answer to the second question will really decide a lot, because if you lied that you weren't married then and saying something else now means you might get banned for concealing such vital information from CIC
@mcobex thanks so much for the response. Well I did a traditional 2017 but I have pictures as proof, and it wasn't in the first application. Can I use my siblings as hometies since am the firstborn?
Then for the employment situation can I add a reference letter from my Dad and also my company Id and my company pictures and receipts. What do u think.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 10:14am On May 06, 2020
Dameelee:
hello!!!
Thank you.

Your dad will definitely know better. He is experienced in this thingy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:18am On May 06, 2020
Please if I am to write this letter the money for upkeep is it meant to be written in naira ?
mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nicerichard05: 10:30am On May 06, 2020
Jephehe:
BVL is not the end of story.

We shall all make it to the promise land.

Did you do upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Success2Success: 10:53am On May 06, 2020
Please guys, I need some answers to these questions that I have been holding close to my chest for years;

Scenario
- I was denied a US visiting visa in 2018, and I remember I was asked to state my highest level of education. I stated I have a MBA.

Question
- I intend to apply for a 1 year PGC/PGD or a 2 years M.Sc course in Canada, do I need state my MBA degree in my visa application? especially if I decide to settle for a 1 year PGC considering that PGC is lower than a MBA, but the focus is actually to gain technical knowledge in a field related to my BSc degree.

- Is Post Graduate Certificate the same as Certificate of Achievement?

Scenario
- I had my BSc over 10 years ago in geology but only have about 1 year experience in the field. I have worked in other sectors not related to geology for over 7 years but with my current employment, I can tilt towards needing my geology experience.

Question
- How difficult would it be to convince a VO that I want to go back to study for a PGC (1 year) in geology/ or geography for a field I left 10 years ago and have not practiced?

- Would going for a M.Sc of 2 years with the sole purpose of actually wanting to go back to my field which I have a BSc background in be a better argument?

Apologies for the long story, I want to be sure on how to submit the best application and if possible get back to geology.[/quote]

Help a brother, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 12:17pm On May 06, 2020
Qudkom:

From a Canadian context of 4.0 GPA Scale a B average will be considered 3.0/4.0 you can always make use of online platforma to convert your CGPA from 5.0 to 4.0 format.
It’s a case by case basis. 3.59 is definitely enough. Had a 3.77 and got admission to the two schools I applied to including MUN. My cousin had a 3.56 and got admission to Ottawa and already had a supervisor in MUN. Moreover mun requirement is 70% whivh is 3.5. Plus I’m still not yet sure but if you pay for a Wes conversion or with most other conversions when going from a 5 point to a 4 point scale, our gpas are always higher than the supposed approximate. So in summary you have more than enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 12:24pm On May 06, 2020
Cflow10:

It’s a case by case basis. 3.59 is definitely enough. Had a 3.77 and got admission to the two schools I applied to including MUN. My cousin had a 3.56 and got admission to Ottawa and already had a supervisor in MUN. Moreover mun requirement is 70% whivh is 3.5. Plus I’m still not yet sure but if you pay for a Wes conversion or with most other conversions when going from a 5 point to a 4 point scale, our gpas are always higher than the supposed approximate. So in summary you have more than enough.

@chimzy4real
This reply was meant to quote your message, not yours @Qukudom sorry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 12:35pm On May 06, 2020
WHICH APP WAS USED GTWORLD OR GTBANK APP. THE right one is GTWORLD AND IT TAKES A WHILE IT WILL COME.

Kellymaria:
Hi guys, I'm having a issue which is causing a delay.

My sponsor has completed the statement of account form through the gtb app for 'statement to embassy'

It's over 24hrs now, the account has been debited but there is no any notification or email from the bank. Is anyone having the same issues, please, how do you resolved it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 06, 2020
Greetings to you sir please I have two questions
1) what address to the embassy should my SOP carry and also my reference letter from employer

2) My employment was to gain work experience so it wasn’t on a salary basis but I was given allowance steady as I was working in my sibling please what title can I give as the heading for the reference letter
Regards

mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 1:44pm On May 06, 2020
Thanks a whole lot. I really appreciate.

Cflow10:

@chimzy4real
This reply was meant to quote your message, not yours @Qukudom sorry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:03pm On May 06, 2020
Congratulations!!!!!
GucciOluwa:

I just got admitted into St. Mary’s University with a 2.2. 3.0 CGPA to be precise. The requirement was at least 70% in the last 60hrs.

I read the comments of some gurus here but I kept saying to myself “my case is different” and I trusted God.

I’d say if you can spare the application fee, package your SOP and give it a shot. You never know.

I’m really excited and I look forward to guidance from everyone on my visa application.

Stay safe people, it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 2:12pm On May 06, 2020
Annettevoke:
WHICH APP WAS USED GTWORLD OR GTBANK APP. THE right one is GTWORLD AND IT TAKES A WHILE IT WILL COME.

I used GTBWORLD for my sponsor, it's more than 48hrs now, nothing came in. I even try it again the second time, still nothing came up and they have debited me 800naira plus at both attempt.

I won't advice anyone to try this process at all. The most frustrating this is, no way to make complain.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by taiwotosho22(m): 2:23pm On May 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Taiwotosho22,

That's not what I meant. In terms of sponsorship, two is a suitable number but scrutinizing their financial strength put together isn't strong/good enough and sufficient to cover your tuition and LE expenses for the first year.

All the best
Okay, Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fruitfulie: 2:35pm On May 06, 2020
I saw this and I needed you to clear something for me. I have MBA but because I am changing career to social work ( to face the NGO I have registered since 2016) I applied for an advanced diploma of 2 years. What's your thought on this

quote author=igbarasdynasty post=88932766]

Going for a college diploma program is a Red flag already.... It's Questionable...

You won't be seen as a genuine student given your status and age....[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 4:15pm On May 06, 2020
Hi guys, I have been granted admission to UofL in Canada for a preparatory nursing program for a year, after which I’ll enter the nursing program for two years. I already have a degree in an unrelated course here in Nigeria, which I completed last year. I’m preparing to apply for my study permit but I need tips on how to make my SOP strong and also to explain why I am taking another undergraduate. I will be using two sponsors ( my dad and my sister). I also do not know if I need to show my travel history, as my travel history is over 12 years. I’ll be expecting feedback, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 06, 2020
Is it still safe to travel to Canada this year for studies? I don’t want online classes.

Any idea people?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 4:52pm On May 06, 2020
People that have sent transcript to mun please what address did you use as recipient details

Please reply urgently needed. Thanks
@Cflow10
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 5:07pm On May 06, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Is it still safe to travel to Canada this year for studies? I don’t want online classes.

Any idea people?

There is a huge possibility that fall lectures might even be online. Some schools are deliberating on it. I honestly don't know how they can ensure physical distancing in Universities and Colleges.

There is no real safety anywhere in the world until the vaccines are out.

If you are allowed to travel this fall, I suggest you come to Canada. Agreed, online classes are just there when compared to normal classes but having 1 out of 4 or 5 semesters taught online is not too bad.

Also, think of the upside of having online classes in Canada. Too many benefits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 06, 2020
1) what address to the embassy should my SOP carry and also my reference letter from employer

2) My employment was to gain work experience so it wasn’t on a salary basis but I was given allowance steady as I was working in my sibling please what title can I give as the heading for the reference letter
Regards
Naijaforeigner:

There is a huge possibility that fall lectures might even be online. Some schools are deliberating on it. I honestly don't know how they can ensure physical distancing in Universities and Colleges.

There is no real safety anywhere in the world until the vaccines are out.

If you are allowed to travel this fall, I suggest you come to Canada. Agreed, online classes are just there when compared to normal classes but having 1 out of 4 or 5 semesters taught online is not too bad.

Also, think of the upside of having online classes in Canada. Too many benefits.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 5:22pm On May 06, 2020
Nkechi48:
Good morning house,
I have 2 big concerning questions I want to ask, if you can shed more light, i will appreciate.

1.For bank statement, can I use a family friend who is a UK citizen, also based there as my sponsor, he is 60 years of age. We are not related by blood, he is Yoruba, I am Igbo?

2. For working class, is the job enough proof of family ties? Because my job is the only thing I have as family ties atm

If you see this post, kindly share your advice, even if you not mentioned. Thank you

Cc Naijaforeigner Justwise

(1) If he can explain why he wants to sponsor you, you are good to go. Third party sponsors are accepted by cic.

(2) You mean home ties? Yes a job is a good home tie if they can give you study leave letter.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about. If you have properties, attach documents, if you don't, don't fret about it.

If you don't have properties, your major focus should be convincing the VO you are a genuine student. Also, show proofs you are financially capable of supporting yourself while in Canada. This is where who your sponsor is and why he is sponsoring you comes into play.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Headachetoigboh(f): 5:31pm On May 06, 2020
Hello house,how much can I show as POF for a PGD program?

I have a sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 5:38pm On May 06, 2020
Adetayoade1:

Regards

Hello sir,

(1) Please don't stress yourself about address. The popular VI address is fine for SOP and reference letter.
The Visa officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowose street, Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria.

(2) Can he give you an official letter to show proof of employment? Letter of introduction, employment letter to state duration, roles and responsibilities in the company and so forth? If he can, he may also state in his letter that he gave you xyz amount monthly.

If you don't have a salary account that's fine. Attach your normal savings or current account plus your sponsor's to the application.

There are numerous reference letters via google search. You can get sample headings from there and guidelines on content of such letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 5:43pm On May 06, 2020
Chimzy4real:
People that have sent transcript to mun please what address did you use as recipient details

Please reply urgently needed. Thanks
@Cflow10

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 5:45pm On May 06, 2020
Thanks. Can you help with link to this particular page

[quote author=Yads97 post=89258056][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:59pm On May 06, 2020
silvamania:
Good Evening Everybody ,

Please I want you candid advice on this

I want to apply for Graduate Diploma Programmes in Accountancy at the Concordia University but they have a standing rule that an international cannot apply to this course directly except I complete some courses at the undergraduate level
Hence I should apply for Bcommerce to complete those required courses and later will migrate to the Graduate Diploma Programme which is a CPA accredited problem

I want to if this a choice won’t affect my chances of securing a TRV especially when explain to the VO

Please I need your advice before any further step

Thank you

Hello Silvamania,

Irrespective the case, if you think properly on how to be unique in putting in an application that only few might have attempted courageously, you will be positively astoned by the response.

I believe there has been email correspondence between you and your prospect school. That is a gold mine of evidence you're standing on. Do well to support it with a strong study plan. If feasible, contact your prospect department and see how they can assist you with a letter to that effect.

You should do well not to mention any academic weakness or average performance rather garnish your narratives and focus on the program benefits. If its up to me, I will advise you to go ahead but only on the exception if you can't convincingly satisfy the VO.

All th3 best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:04pm On May 06, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello, I am having difficulties with signing my IMM5645E form on Adobe Acrobat. I can't click the space to type in my name. I can only fill in the date. Please, how did you sign yours?

You can either leave it blank or print out and append your signature. Both ways are not susceptible to your application.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.