Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159507 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yang2020: 9:11am On May 07, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Hi Yang, your question caught my attention and I would like to contribute and motivate you.

You see, getting a supervisor is a very demanding hustle. But in the end, it is always worth it. I was in your shoes of searching for a supervisor, to be honest, I spent more than 6months sending proposals, write up, and all, but no, it didn't work out.

But you know why it didn't work out? Because I haven't find a school that was meant for me. And when I found what is mine, the process was very simple and easy. I exchanged a conversation with the Prof and I sealed his interest the same day. I thought I was dreaming!

My advice for you is simple, keep trying, keep keeping up, be hopeful and trust the process.

Take note of this very vital stuffs when reaching out to your potential supervisor.
No generic emails
Read their interest, read their publications, get some information about their current projects and what their current students are working on.
Look for a supervisor that is currently searching for students, you will find this information on their personal webpage
Try to have customize your first message, very important.
Attach your RESUME and transcript. If you have a very strong background in a course that is related to the supervisors area of interest, mention it, boost about it.
Most importantly, find a supervisor whose interest fits well with yours.
If you have any publications, talk about it, and make sure you have an online directory for your papers..

Good luck.
Thanks Bro. I appreciate the contribution. Have been doing most of the things you mentioned and I will try and incorporate those have not been doing. Kind of stressful but I believe it will end well. At some point, I was thinking it's because I couldn't finish with a first class. But I will keep head high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 9:25am On May 07, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Greeting All. Please who knows if the vfs office in Lagos is opened for biometrics?

Good Morning. Please o. Who has done biometrics or who know if they are open?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 9:47am On May 07, 2020
Please someone should talk to me abeg. I can't find my submitted application on the mun page. I applied 2 days ago and i have been charged for it. Please i am worried
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:51am On May 07, 2020
Kinzeerichy:

Good Morning. Please o. Who has done biometrics or who know if they are open?
they are not opened till further notice. Hopefully soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 10:13am On May 07, 2020
Yang2020:

Thanks Bro. I appreciate the contribution. Have been doing most of the things you mentioned and I will try and incorporate those have not been doing. Kind of stressful but I believe it will end well. At some point, I was thinking it's because I couldn't finish with a first class. But I will keep head high.

Well, I had a first class, but I wouldn't say your GPA isn't strong either.

Even with my first class, I can't remember how many profs I contacted, at a point, all my inbox msg was a failure msg ' Sorry, I am not taking any student at the moment'.

I even get agidi, I applied without any supervisor accepting me, I got rejected, or got switched to course based. In total, I applied to about 10schools in Canada and USA. Until one day, @Blema came through for me, and I gave Uwindsor a shot. I found a supervisor and also got some sort of funding.

So, keep trying, its not all about class, there is a spirit of believing too.

Meanwhile, I am still writing my Epistles to appreciate @Blema for her help.

Good luck everyone!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Martinomi: 10:41am On May 07, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please someone should talk to me abeg. I can't find my submitted application on the mun page. I applied 2 days ago and i have been charged for it. Please i am worried
Hello chimzy4real.
Stay calm, you're safe.
You'll eventually get a mail from MUN regarding the receipt of your application. This will also contain your student application number. The application will also pop up on the portal hopefully this week or next week.
Goodluck on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 10:56am On May 07, 2020
Thanks alot. Cos i have been sending mails back and forth. Hahahaha
So it is after this links will be sent to my referees contain the letter of appraisal form yeah?

Martinomi:

Hello chimzy4real.
Stay calm, you're safe.
You'll eventually get a mail from MUN regarding the receipt of your application. This will also contain your student application number. The application will also pop up on the portal hopefully this week or next week.
Goodluck on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Headachetoigboh(f): 11:03am On May 07, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello Yinka,

U can't do a Masters with an HND

Ur best options are either u go for a MicrioBiology Related Post Graduate Certificate Program or Post Graduate Diploma Course (PGC/PGD)

Or

Or u go for a PGD in Cyber Security, I.T Business Analysis, or a Telecoms Related field (if available) due to ur 7-years work experience

Possible Document Requirements for Admission to a PGD/PGC program (Most especially colleges in ONTARIO)

*Proof of Citizenship*
- Birth Certificate
- International passport Data Page (Valid one and has not expired, )

*Academic Documents*
-Certificate (Notarized)
- Transcript (Notarized)
Note: Some school ask for Notarized Documents, some don't ask

*Supporting Documents*
Recommendation letter
Letter of Confirmation of English Language proficiency from the school u graduated from (optional)
Cover Letter
Professional Certifications (If any)

Section for
Resume/CV

HI bro.
Please the program I want to do(PGD) is about $18,200 total 1 year school frees. How much will I raise as POF.My husband is my sponsor.
Do you have any idea how much will be in my account and his so as to get approved for visa.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 11:11am On May 07, 2020
Good morning, I intend reapplying again this weekend, please what are the likely questions CIC can ask my employer...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 11:22am On May 07, 2020
Gurus in the house, please i received BVL since 24th April till now there is no update.
Application status: reviewing if you meet eligibility
Note: No upfront medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:28am On May 07, 2020
Headachetoigboh:

HI bro.
Please the program I want to do(PGD) is about $18,200 total 1 year school frees. How much will I raise as POF.My husband is my sponsor.
Do you have any idea how much will be in my account and his so as to get approved for visa.Thanks

No one can tell u how much... U will need to do some calculation and conversion

The conventional thing to do is to know what ur Tuition fee amounts to in Naira (I.e Conversion of CAD to Naira) and also the minimum Living expenses which is $10,000CAD , ($11,000 if ur sch. Is in Quebec)

Then , Ur Sponsor must show he can sponsor u and also be able to take care of himself while u are away and most especially if u av kids..(Hometies/Family Ties)

U can use the Currency Converter below for ur Conversion from CAD to Naira
https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/

I can only assume a POF of 16 million Naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Martinomi: 11:30am On May 07, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Thanks alot. Cos i have been sending mails back and forth. Hahahaha
So it is after this links will be sent to my referees contain the letter of appraisal form yeah?

No.
You'll download the appraisal form and send them to your referees. They'll fill it out and send it back to MUN by email ofcourse.
Bear in mind that it should be sent from their official email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 12:09pm On May 07, 2020
They stopped it. They now send it directly to them.

Martinomi:

No.
You'll download the appraisal form and send them to your referees. They'll fill it out and send it back to MUN by email ofcourse.
Bear in mind that it should be sent from their official email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Headachetoigboh(f): 12:11pm On May 07, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No one can tell u how much... U will need to do some calculation and conversion

The conventional thing to do is to know what ur Tuition fee amounts to in Naira (I.e Conversion of CAD to Naira) and also the minimum Living expenses which is $10,000CAD , ($11,000 if ur sch. Is in Quebec)

Then , Ur Sponsor must show he can sponsor u and also be able to take care of himself while u are away and most especially if u av kids..(Hometies/Family Ties)

U can use the Currency Converter below for ur Conversion from CAD to Naira
https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/

I can only assume a POF of 16 million Naira

With school fees and living expenses is about 8m.Must the whole 8m be in my account and 16m in his account?
Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 2:16pm On May 07, 2020
Chimzy4real:
That's a regular application i mistakenly created. The one i submitted is no longer there. Can you just tell me what is suppose to happen after submission

Even up till now, mine is still there. it’s meant to still show and when you click on it will tell you about your application status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 2:20pm On May 07, 2020
Chimzy4real:
It would turn up, sometimes MUN takes time even before the pandemic. When I submitted my transcript and appraisal letter(was losing my shit as it didn’t reflect for a while), think I sent mails but it did eventually. So it still will.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 2:21pm On May 07, 2020
Chimzy4real:
They stopped it. They now send it directly to them.

Be sure about this though, cause as at December was still in effect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 2:26pm On May 07, 2020
Thanks for these encouraging words and recommending Uni of Windsor. Pls did you submit your application with GRE score? I intend to apply for Engineering Management and it seems GRE is needed and are the school fees on the website per year or term? I just want to be double sure

Also, I'm about to apply to University of Manitoba but the supervisors, even as I intend to study course based masters, aren't responding so I think I should chop agidi like you and quote any name I like in that section and send a final email up the chosen supervisor telling him that I've chosen him in my application
I wonder why the school even requires a supervisor for course based MEng

Thanks in advance for responding.

Phatkayconcept:

Well, I had a first class, but I wouldn't say your GPA isn't strong either.

Even with my first class, I can't remember how many profs I contacted, at a point, all my inbox msg was a failure msg ' Sorry, I am not taking any student at the moment'.

I even get agidi, I applied without any supervisor accepting me, I got rejected, or got switched to course based. In total, I applied to about 10schools in Canada and USA. Until one day, @Blema came through for me, and I gave Uwindsor a shot. I found a supervisor and also got some sort of funding.

So, keep trying, its not all about class, there is a spirit of believing too.

Meanwhile, I am still writing my Epistles to appreciate @Blema for her help.

Good luck everyone!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:34pm On May 07, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm unable to get a stamped bank statement. My husband requested for one year bank statement from his bank via email but the pdf copy of his statement is not stamped and he insists he wont walk in to the bank this period that I can use it like that.

I have my own statement showing tuition for one year,

Scholarship to cover 1 year living expenses

I only needed his account as a co sponsor to show availability of more funds.

Can I use the bank statement like that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 3:35pm On May 07, 2020
Good afternoon everybody ,

Please am planning to include my share certificate as part of my applications but the issue is that my other name didn’t match with my new name

My dad bought the shares pre Waec

I don’t know if that raise a red flag during the application process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:42pm On May 07, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:
Good morning, I intend reapplying again this weekend, please what are the likely questions CIC can ask my employer...

CIC don't have anything to do with your employer... if you are reapplying this weekend, obviously you have filled your IMM forms and also included docs to show u are employed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:43pm On May 07, 2020
silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody ,

Please am planning to include my share certificate as part of my applications but the issue is that my other name didn’t match with my new name

My dad bought the shares pre Waec

I don’t know if that raise a red flag during the application process

Don't include it as long as the name in your application and the shares don't tally.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:45pm On May 07, 2020
librangyps:
Hello everyone,

I'm unable to get a stamped bank statement. My husband requested for one year bank statement from his bank via email but the pdf copy of his statement is not stamped and he insists he wont walk in to the bank this period that I can use it like that.

Pls do not use it like that!
If you do, u will be BANNED for 5 YEARS!

If you can not wait, u can go ahead with your own statement and also scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 3:51pm On May 07, 2020
Anon123:

CIC don't have anything to do with your employer... if you are reapplying this weekend, obviously you have filled your IMM forms and also included docs to show u are employed.

Yes, using my previous employment letter , but I want to change the employment letter because I got a new offer.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 4:12pm On May 07, 2020
Godsblessings:
Please house come to my aids ooo,I tried to apply for our last born of family for a degree program at memorial University but I wasn't able to continue when the school stated asking for test of English proficiency scores result and until i came to this group,some ppl suggested Regina and university of Winnipeg and I applied Winnipeg for her , now , the university of Winnipeg is also requesting for test of English proficiency . please assist me

What's your little sister's grade in English language (WAEC certificate). The university of Winnipeg doesn't require any english proficiency test for undergraduate studies if she has A1, B, or C grade in english language.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 4:15pm On May 07, 2020
librangyps:
Hello everyone,

Dear Mrs, you have to talk things through with your husband. His decision can make or Mar your application. It doesn't really cost him anything more than the stress. Yes, it's stressful to walk in to the bank and do some transactions this days. But then, anything what doing at all is what doing best.

I was in your shoes few days back, I downloaded my sponsors bank statement and it wasn't stamped, I requested for mybank statement online and it didn't dropped. It occurs to me that I should use it like that, but no I didn't.

I explained things with my sponsor and she was kind to go to the bank, queued for about 6hrs before she was attended to. And eventually got a stamped statement forwarded to her mail.

I encourage you to encourage him to encourage you in your application by getting you what you really needed. Although, it may be possible to use the non stamped one, as long as it is genuine. After all they usually do their verification and they can even asked you to send an updated statement later if they wish.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 4:15pm On May 07, 2020
Anon123:

If you do, u will be BANNED for 5 YEARS!

If you can not wait, u can go ahead with your own statement and also scholarship.

So all the pages of the statement must be stamped?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 4:17pm On May 07, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Dear Mrs, you have to talk things through with your husband. His decision can make or Mar your application. It doesn't really cost him anything more than the stress. Yes, it's stressful to walk in to the bank and do some transactions this days. But then, anything what doing at all is what doing best.

I was in your shoes few days back, I downloaded my sponsors bank statement and it wasn't stamped, I requested for mybank statement online and it didn't dropped. It occurs to me that I should use it like that, but no I didn't.

I explained things with my sponsor and she was kind to go to the bank, queued for about 6hrs before she was attended to. And eventually got a stamped statement forwarded to her mail.

I encourage you to encourage him to encourage you in your application by getting you what you really needed. Although, it may be possible to use the non stamped one, as long as it is genuine. After all they usually do their verification and they can even asked you to send an updated statement later if they wish.

Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 4:20pm On May 07, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Memorial university doesn't require English test as far as your university degree was taught in English.

It is a compulsory requirement for undergraduate studies in MUN. I believe that's the OP's current circumstance.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 4:21pm On May 07, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Thanks for these encouraging words and recommending Uni of Windsor. Pls did you submit your application with GRE score? I intend to apply for Engineering Management and it seems GRE is needed and are the school fees on the website per year or term? I just want to be double sure

Also, I'm about to apply to University of Manitoba but the supervisors, even as I intend to study course based masters, aren't responding so I think I should chop agidi like you and quote any name I like in that section and send a final email up the chosen supervisor telling him that I've chosen him in my application
I wonder why the school even requires a supervisor for course based MEng

Thanks in advance for responding.

Actually, I wrote GRE because I was initially interested in studying in the USA. But with Uwindsor, for my course, they didn't request for it, so I didn't submit it. However, if your course requires the GRE exam, it will be best you appear for the exam and Ace it as much as you can.

If you choose to apply without the consent of a supervisor, it's not a big deal. But then, ensure you at least meet the minimum requirements. Afterwards, there can only be two negative scenarios, they either switch you to course based or denial your application altogether.

If you are aiming for a course based program, I think the conventional practice is that 'you do not need a supervisor'.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:25pm On May 07, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Yes, using my previous employment letter , but I want to change the employment letter because I got a new offer.....
If you change, do u have a 4-5months payslips?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:27pm On May 07, 2020
librangyps:

So all the pages of the statement must be stamped?
Yes..thats what makes it an official copy from the bank.. cos without a stamp, the visa officer can assume it was forged.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97