Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1157484 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 6:05pm On May 06, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Thanks. Can you help with link to this particular page

https://www.mun.ca/undergrad/admissions/applied/supporting-docs.php
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 6:09pm On May 06, 2020
This is for undergraduate. I need for graduate studies. Msc computer science

Yads97:

https://www.mun.ca/undergrad/admissions/applied/supporting-docs.php
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by penitential(m): 6:09pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=Success2Success post=89244830]Please guys, I need some answers to these questions that I have been holding close to my chest for years;

Scenario
- I was denied a US visiting visa in 2018, and I remember I was asked to state my highest level of education. I stated I have a MBA.
1. please answer the visa denial truthfully.
2. If you’re going for MBA, I will advise you take out your MBA qualification. But if you’ve stayed it earlier before now, no going back bro.

Question
- I intend to apply for a 1 year PGC/PGD or a 2 years M.Sc course in Canada, do I need state my MBA degree in my visa application? especially if I decide to settle for a 1 year PGC considering that PGC is lower than a MBA, but the focus is actually to gain technical knowledge in a field related to my BSc degree.
Your best shot is to apply be MBA. Don’t attempt to go for PGC(D). I’m saying this because of the so many questions that the proposed program will dig out considering your previous qualifications. You might not be ready to start Answering those questions because of their technicality.

- Is Post Graduate Certificate the same as Certificate of Achievement?
[\quote]
don’t know if it’s same. You can check online though

[quote]
Scenario
- I had my BSc over 10 years ago in geology but only have about 1 year experience in the field. I have worked in other sectors not related to geology for over 7 years but with my current employment, I can tilt towards needing my geology experience.

This is is strong o.
1. You will have to explain study gap of ten years( should you be tendering your undergrad cert)
2. You will have to clearly convince the V.O why you’re going back to further in your geology field with vast Work experience in other field.
3. If you can tilt towards geology, then explain the correlation between your proposed course of study with your work experience. (Omo, dey prepare better SOP)

Question
- How difficult would it be to convince a VO that I want to go back to study for a PGC (1 year) in geology/ or geography for a field I left 10 years ago and have not practiced?

I won’t advise you go that route bro. It’s damn such a crazy route with very little hope of pulling through.

- Would going for a M.Sc of 2 years with the sole purpose of actually wanting to go back to my field which I have a BSc background in be a better argument?
[\quote]

I will advise this.

Apologies for the long story, I want to be sure on how to submit the best application and if possible get back to geology.

Help a brother, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adwoa816: 6:18pm On May 06, 2020
Hello house. I am applying for a study visa as a Ghanaian. Just got my admission letter from Utoronto for fall 2020. However, I just checked the processing time for Ghana from Cic website and it says 37 weeks by which my program would have already began. I know we are not in ideal times because of covid pandemic. In this situation what do I do?
Guys please what is your take on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:20pm On May 06, 2020
sarmamotors:
My Ogas,Help ur boi
I graduated 2012 from a private school(cov uni).
No travel history, am the first born.. Have three siblings,one is employed and the others still in sec school and covenant university.
For employment, I worked 2014 in a microfinance bank, left and continued working in my Dads business till today.He is an auto dealer,my mum is not well to do. but the thing is he doesn't pay me but gives me cash for upkeep.
So I got admission last year for MBA.applied January, then got rejected february on the following grounds:
1.family ties in canda and country of residence
2.not satisfied I will leave due to my current employment situation. I submitted the following docs:
Police report
Property docs
Utility bills
Payment receipt of 8k
SOP
LOA
My siblings birth certificates and mine

Reference letter from my previous employment
Sponsor letter from my Dad.
Though I made mistake of not submit anything from my current employment with my Dad

Now the school gave me scholarship of $7500 to assist with visa processing.
Though I did my traditional wedding 2017 but did not include that in my last application and my fiancee lives with me in my family house.
Now how do I strengten my new application.
Advise me guys.All my Ogas,am loyal. I need help.

Hello Sarmamotors,

Work on your employment story and keep it straight by providing necessary evidence and strongly edify your Letters. It will be advisable to declare her now no matter the cataclysmic consequences. It MAY or NOT affect your application, hence the more reason for a strong letter. If the fear of the consequences thwarts you from declaring such sensitive information NOW the consequences TOMORROW might choke you in regrets.

You can as well decide to request for your GCMS notes or improve on your application based on search and comparison and including some relevant documents that may help your application before reapplication.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 6:27pm On May 06, 2020
Jephehe:
BVL is not the end of story.

We shall all make it to the promise land.

Congratulations bro or sis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 6:31pm On May 06, 2020
Bro what address did you send your transcript to

Cflow10:

@chimzy4real
This reply was meant to quote your message, not yours @Qukudom sorry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 06, 2020
Have you gotten admission yet or you’re about applying?
Success2Success:
Please guys, I need some answers to these questions that I have been holding close to my chest for years;

Scenario
- I was denied a US visiting visa in 2018, and I remember I was asked to state my highest level of education. I stated I have a MBA.

Question
- I intend to apply for a 1 year PGC/PGD or a 2 years M.Sc course in Canada, do I need state my MBA degree in my visa application? especially if I decide to settle for a 1 year PGC considering that PGC is lower than a MBA, but the focus is actually to gain technical knowledge in a field related to my BSc degree.

Scenario
- I had my BSc over 10 years ago in geology but only have about 1 year experience in the field. I have worked in other sectors not related to geology for over 7 years but with my current employment, I can tilt towards needing my geology experience.

Question
- How difficult would it be to convince a VO that I want to go back to study for a PGC (1 year) in geology/ or geography for a field I left 10 years ago and have not practiced?

- Would going for a M.Sc of 2 years with the sole purpose of actually wanting to go back to my field which I have a BSc background in be a better argument?

Apologies for the long story, I want to be sure on how to submit the best application and if possible get back to geology.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sarmamotors: 6:40pm On May 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Sarmamotors,

Work on your employment story and keep it straight by providing necessary evidence and strongly edify your Letters. It will be advisable to declare her now no matter the cataclysmic consequences. It MAY or NOT affect your application, hence the more reason for a strong letter. If the fear of the consequences thwarts you from declaring such sensitive information NOW the consequences TOMORROW might choke you in regrets.

You can as well decide to request for your GCMS notes or improve on your application based on search and comparison and including some relevant documents that may help your application before reapplication.

All the best

Thanks Boss, I concur...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:40pm On May 06, 2020
GucciOluwa:

I just got admitted into St. Mary’s University with a 2.2. 3.0 CGPA to be precise. The requirement was at least 70% in the last 60hrs.

I read the comments of some gurus here but I kept saying to myself “my case is different” and I trusted God.

I’d say if you can spare the application fee, package your SOP and give it a shot. You never know.

I’m really excited and I look forward to guidance from everyone on my visa application.

Stay safe people, it will end in praise.

Hello GucciOluwa,

Congrats on your admission. And for the 2.2 thingy, it won't be appropriate to give such advise even in a worst case scenario. Its more like a heads up. Be it as it may, its still not advisable to apply for a Master with a 2.2 especially if;

1. The Interest Letter isn't strong
2. Weak recommendations
3. No professional and categorized written exams
4. The last two years GPA is poor or below average.
5. Work experience

Another important factor to put in mind is the discretion of the graduate committee adopted to consider an application whether it exceeds, meets or not the admission requirements.

It is well-advised for 2.2 applicants to opt for PGD/C or as a backup option to its counterpart. Once again, congratulations.

This is not an attack, I only seized the opportunity to share my standpoints on the subject matter.

One love!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Success2Success: 7:00pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=penitential post=89259010][/quote]

Thanks a lot @Penitential for taking the time. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:00pm On May 06, 2020
Success2Success:
Please guys, I need some answers to these questions that I have been holding close to my chest for years;

Scenario

Question

Scenario

Question

Hello Success2Success,

Your application is right on track already, just declare your previous MBA and go for a PGD/C with a solid reason. You can decide to use the study of a specific course which wasn't thought in full capacity and taken as more of an elective course. Then forge through. This can be of your favour esp if you can demonstrate good financial background, good finance, and good home ties.

A PGC is higher than a CoA which is comparable to a Post-secondary program or less and focus more on specialty courses. However, you can get more knowledge via Google.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Success2Success: 7:04pm On May 06, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Have you gotten admission yet or you’re about applying?

Hi @Wunaarroon69, I just applied to Sasks Polytechnic (PGC - GIS) and I am trying to evaluate my chances with the VO considering the gap in my education and my work experience in other areas different from my BSc.

I would also appreciate your input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:07pm On May 06, 2020
Legacyedition:

Thanks for your response, I so much appreciate it. Many schools won't accept PGD/C for MBA, I don't want to limit my career again. Kindly do correct me if I am wrong. My target is MBA , then to executive MBA and doctor of business administration. What those billionaires are being taught in business schools, I must see it and apply it to my business also.

Hello Legacyedition,

The choice you have now is to work with your current or personal circumstances. Go for a related course and apply for your visa, getting there you can pursue your choice program. However, if immigration isn't the main objective, you can bear the throes of the difficulty to get admission into your desired program. Afterall, dreams are exceptionally big.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 7:16pm On May 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Legacyedition,

The choice you have now is to work with your current or personal circumstances. Go for a related course and apply for your visa, getting there you can pursue your choice program. However, if immigration isn't the main objective, you can bear the throes of the difficulty to get admission into your desired program. Afterall, dreams are exceptionally big.

All the best

Thanks boss...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Success2Success: 7:18pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=JustMellow post=89260792]

Hello Success2Success,

Your application is right on track already, just declare your previous MBA and go for a PGD/C with a solid reason. You can decide to use the study of a specific course which wasn't thought in full capacity and taken as more of an elective course. Then forge through. This can be of your favour esp if you can demonstrate good financial background, good finance, and good home ties.

Many thanks @JustMellow, I appreciate you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 7:29pm On May 06, 2020
DOES THIS MEAN MY SCHOOL WOULD HAVE TO SEND THE TRANSCRIPT VIA EMAIL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GucciOluwa: 7:30pm On May 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello GucciOluwa,

Congrats on your admission. And for the 2.2 thingy, it won't be appropriate to give such advise even in a worst case scenario. Its more like a heads up. Be it as it may, its still not advisable to apply for a Master with a 2.2 especially if;

1. The Interest Letter isn't strong
2. Weak recommendations
3. No professional and categorized written exams
4. The last two years GPA is poor or below average.
5. Work experience

Another important factor to put in mind is the discretion of the graduate committee adopted to consider an application whether it exceeds, meets or not the admission requirements.

It is well-advised for 2.2 applicants to opt for PGD/C or as a backup option to its counterpart. Once again, congratulations.

This is not an attack, I only seized the opportunity to share my standpoints on the subject matter.

One love!

No offense taken.
I just shared my experience and gave hope to people who may need it. Imagine if I assumed it wasn’t possible and didn’t apply....

All I’m saying is if someone can spare the application fee and package a good application, there might just be a chance.

Have a good one.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 06, 2020
Thank you very much
Naijaforeigner:

Hello sir,

(1) Please don't stress yourself about address. The popular VI address is fine for SOP and reference letter.
The Visa officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowose street, Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria.

(2) Can he give you an official letter to show proof of employment? Letter of introduction, employment letter to state duration, roles and responsibilities in the company and so forth? If he can, he may also state in his letter that he gave you xyz amount monthly.

If you don't have a salary account that's fine. Attach your normal savings or current account plus your sponsor's to the application.

There are numerous reference letters via google search. You can get sample headings from there and guidelines on content of such letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:49pm On May 06, 2020
JustMellow:

You can either leave it blank or print out and append your signature. Both ways are not susceptible to your application.

Okay boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:50pm On May 06, 2020
Chimzy4real:

You have to pay your school to send official transcript via courier to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:17pm On May 06, 2020
sarmamotors:

@mcobex thanks so much for the response. Well I did a traditional 2017 but I have pictures as proof, and it wasn't in the first application. Can I use my siblings as hometies since am the firstborn?
Then for the employment situation can I add a reference letter from my Dad and also my company Id and my company pictures and receipts. What do u think.
Since it was traditional then no worries, just explain you didn't include proof of marriage because you didn't do it in church or law court (those are the only places you can get certs). Another option is go to court and "legalize" your marriage and use your wife, parents and siblings as hometie (your wife will be a very good one). You can also use your dad's company as hometie, let your dad state in his letter of support that you will take over the company when you are done with studies (it will work perfectly if the business is related to your intended course).
Please try to order for your gcms note just to be sure of the vo's concern, all the suggestions I or anyone will give you here will be guess work due to past experiences, but with the gcms note you get to know the exact reasons behind your refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:19pm On May 06, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Please if I am to write this letter the money for upkeep is it meant to be written in naira ?
If you write in Naira make sure you put the dollar equivalent of it as well(to make the job easier for the vo).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sarmamotors: 8:26pm On May 06, 2020
mcobex:
Since it was traditional then no worries, just explain you didn't include proof of marriage because you didn't do it in church or law court (those are the only places you can get certs). Another option is go to court and "legalize" your marriage and use your wife, parents and siblings as hometie (your wife will be a very good one). You can also use your dad's company as hometie, let your dad state in his letter of support that you will take over the company when you are done with studies (it will work perfectly if the business is related to your intended course).
Please try to order for your gcms note just to be sure of the vo's concern, all the suggestions I or anyone will give you here will be guess work due to past experiences, but with the gcms note you get to know the exact reasons behind your refusal
@mcobex am so grateful for this advise.i will do just that.you guys have tried for me. Morale High
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:27pm On May 06, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Is it still safe to travel to Canada this year for studies? I don’t want online classes.

Any idea people?
Yes it is, hopefully before Fall things would have settled a little bit. Though there's a high possibility it will be both ways(first online then normal classes)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:31pm On May 06, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

There is a huge possibility that fall lectures might even be online. Some schools are deliberating on it. I honestly don't know how they can ensure physical distancing in Universities and Colleges.

There is no real safety anywhere in the world until the vaccines are out.

If you are allowed to travel this fall, I suggest you come to Canada. Agreed, online classes are just there when compared to normal classes but having 1 out of 4 or 5 semesters taught online is not too bad.

Also, think of the upside of having online classes in Canada. Too many benefits.
Very correct bro, from the information I got earlier today Fall 2020 session will start online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 8:33pm On May 06, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Pls I still need answers to this esp the bolded

My brother I was in the same situation when I applied. The supervisor I approached did not respond. I sha summoned faith and applied all the same. I was given admission with another supervisor. I applied to many schools o. Even the school where the Supervisor responded eventually did not give me admission. If you can spare the admission fees apply to more than one school.

You can also try to approach the faculty advisor or graduate school advisor. Summarize your research interests and ask suggestions for a Supervisor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 8:55pm On May 06, 2020
They just replied my mail which they said due to the pandemic if i can have them send via email it would be better so as for them to process it fast cos they are working remotely. Tho they send an address for courier but they said it would take a longer time

NwanyiOkpa:

You have to pay your school to send official transcript via courier to them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 06, 2020
Hope this message meets you well sir
Please do check your pm when you are chanced God bless you
dommakavelli:
Well, I hope that info helps someone else. and why do you have to write at me in CAPs?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 10:13pm On May 06, 2020
ok my guy

Matildaben:
Hope this message meets you well sir
Please do check your pm when you are chanced God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vokay91: 10:35pm On May 06, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Is it still safe to travel to Canada this year for studies? I don’t want online classes.

Any idea people?

230 Elizabeth Avenue , St John’s NL AIC 5S7 Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vokay91: 10:43pm On May 06, 2020
Chimzy4real:

No . Via post mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.