Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156458 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ysakaws1: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hello gurus, please how long does the entire student visa processing takes? (I know it is not specific, but I need like a minimum and maximum days it could take for me to get the visa). I am planning to apply this month and my school says I have to pay fees by October 15 latest. My sponsor wouldn’t pay any dime until he sees the visa, so I’m worried if I apply now, the visa status may still be unknown by that October 15.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Eilenora:
AIP just rained on me as well o. Somebody help me shour halleluyaaaaa grin[color=#770077][/color]

Applied July 14,
Request for medicals July 24 even though I had already done upfront medicals
Raised general webform July 24 and Nairobi webform July 25 attaching evidence of upfrnt medicals
AIP this morning
Eligibility, background check and Medicals still ongoing.

Course doesnt begin until Jan 2021 so hopefully visa submission offices will open up for biometrics before then

today is a day of massive AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Tnx onyeisi nwanyị smiley,

Appreciate!!!

gist us the timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
theconsortium:

You need biometric, only those who had biometric done in the last year's are exempted. I am equally waiting for vfs office to open so I can do mine.
I know ... Thats why I said you dont need biometrics now till you get to the second stage of visa approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

gist us the timeline
Applied : June 10
Didn't do Upfront Medical
No Medical request

Got AIP today August 6

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ysakaws1:
Hello gurus, please how long does the entire student visa processing takes? (I know it is not specific, but I need like a minimum and maximum days it could take for me to get the visa). I am planning to apply this month and my school says I have to pay fees by October 15 latest. My sponsor wouldn’t pay any dime until he sees the visa, so I’m worried if I apply now, the visa status may still be unknown by that October 15.

You can apply for visa without paying a dime on the tuition but its always good to pay a deposit to show a bit of genuineness of your intensioñs to study.. The standard time for visa processing is 22weeks but not certain cos it fluantuates based on number of application received.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tracy2020:
Please who can recommend the best school for MSc in Cybersecurity or other IT related courses that offers funding too. I’m asking for a friend
Try Mun.. Memorial university Newfoundland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
francophone134:
People of God, I greet you all. Let me not lie, I don't know. Where to start from. I have about 3m in my account and I want to study in Canada.

I have an HND in accounting (upper credit).
Abeg where can I start from one... NIGER DON TIRE ME

You will need more than 3m.. If you can get a sponsor. It will give you an advantage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
drBuqi:
Connect me too o
Check your email and reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sollie123(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No Medical request

Got AIP today August 6
Big congrats chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
francophone134:
thanks sir. Please I sent you a dm. I want to show you the one have been using. God bless you sir
Check this YouTube Channel, he has lot of great contents about AIPP ranging from JOB OFFERS & finding an EMPLOYER. This is based on his own experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Damian457:
False information bro. PGWP experience counts as Canadian Experience

Hello Damian457,

This is a quick advise. Always take time to read and understand before any hasty comment(s). It MAY help in the offing.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No Medical request

Got AIP today August 6

what did you submit? did you pay tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
Adunola20:
Hallelujah! Jesus has done it! I got my AIP this morning!!!

Submitted for my 2 sons and I: July 5th
Did upfront medicals for myself.
Medical request for the 3 of us: 25th July.
Raised webform to inform them that I did upfront medicals. They acknowledged receipt of my upfront medical sheet.
Medicals passed for my sons only: 4th August, 2020.

Still waiting for them to pass my medicals.
Thanks to everyone who contributed when I had questions. Special thanks to JustMellow, Mcobex, MsJu, Penitential and everyone who contributes on this forum

We will all testify in Jesus Name!

Hello Adunola20,

I celebrate with you and your family on this glorious occasion. My congratulations will come after the final race. Keep the head high and await for the good news ahead.

Bless up!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sarmamotors: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
God remember me o. Since may 23rd...am on my knees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cuteesthy(f): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Congratulations to all those that has gotten their AIP
It seems this approval is applicable to online applicants
February paper applicants, let's keep our hopes high, even if AIP didn't rain for us this fall, Let it rain Approval for us anytime RICC remembers us, some have even deferred to winter nd Spring

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
Congratulations to you all..... Your testimonies will remain permanent.. Our's is on the way

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Just got my AIP now

Appreciation to @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Qudkom & every HONORABLES who has bin contributing to this forum...

To everyone waiting for approval, ur Testimony is on the Way

Hello Lekiboboe,

This is a feat well achieved. I will be celebrating you with a big congratulations upon the completion of the final lap. You're winning this race.

Bless up bro!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Congratulations, Please can I message you through your mail?. I want to ask questions as regards how you packaged the sop for the kids.
Adunola20:
Hallelujah! Jesus has done it! I got my AIP this morning!!!

Submitted for my 2 sons and I: July 5th
Did upfront medicals for myself.
Medical request for the 3 of us: 25th July.
Raised webform to inform them that I did upfront medicals. They acknowledged receipt of my upfront medical sheet.
Medicals passed for my sons only: 4th August, 2020.

Still waiting for them to pass my medicals.
Thanks to everyone who contributed when I had questions. Special thanks to JustMellow, Mcobex, MsJu, Penitential and everyone who contributes on this forum

We will all testify in Jesus Name!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tonyodg:
Morning boss please I need your take on this
This one almost everyone is getting aip,does it mean that the stage 1 will be passed as long as you have the necessary funds and admission?
or does it mean that the stage 2 is where they’ll check home ties, sop and all that stuff?

Hello Tonyodg,

All that you've mentioned including eligibility falls into Stage 1 approval. The Stage 2 only entails for applicants to submit their Biometrics, Medicals, PCC and pass it for the final approval to be granted.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
cuteesthy:
Congratulations to all those that has gotten their AIP
It seems this approval is applicable to online applicants
February paper applicants, let's keep our hopes high, even if AIP didn't rain for us this fall, Let it rain Approval for us anytime RICC remembers us, some have even deferred to winter nd Spring

Pls link your application to online so you can start getting updates on your application. All paper applications are not being attended to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
silvamania:
Good day All,

I got admitted for a one year MBA with 29500CAD . I have paid compulsory 1,000CAD with a balance of 28,500

All my efforts to raise fund wasn’t really forthcoming but I’m my savings account I have #11.7M

Is it advisable to apply with this amount ?

Thanks in advance

Hello Silvamania,

Your funds would have been okay if the tuition cost wasn't expensive. However, its still okay. You should consider getting a family member to either cosponsor you or give you a promissory letter of support. This way, your financial circumstances gets a breath of fresh air.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vslayer: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No I can't, u will av to do a research on that cos the program u intend to do would likely not be in all schools in Canada.

3 million for Tuition fee is around
$10,332.9 (CAD)

Check out the following cheap schools (Universities & College) for the program that relates to ur former degree and check their international tuition fee amount for the program

Universities, Masters
1.Brandon University, Manitoba
2.Canadian Mennonite University, Manitoba
3.Dominican University College, Ottawa
4.Memorial University of Newfoundland
5.Simon Fraser University, British Columbia
6.University of Prince Edward Island
7.University of Winnipeg, Manitoba
8.University of New Brunswick
9.University of St. Paul, Ontario
10.Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Alberta
11.University of Saskatchewan

Colleges, PGD/PGC
Holland College (Prince Edward Island)
https://www.hollandcollege.com/

New Brunswick Community College - (New Brunswick)
https://nbcc.ca/tuition-fees

Bow Valley College (Alberta)
- https://bowvalleycollege.ca

Confederation College -( Ontario) http://www.confederationcollege.ca

Naigara College - (ONTARIO)
https://www.niagaracollege.ca

Camosun College - (British Columbia)
http://camosun.ca

Lethbridge College - (Alberta)
https://lethbridgecollege.ca

Vanier College - (Montreal , Quebec)
http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/mikete...

Fanshawe College (Ontario)
- https://www.fanshawec.ca

Selkirk College (British Columbia)
- http://www.selkirk.ca

Loyalist College - (Ontario)
https://www.loyalistcollege.com

..please the 3m is it per term or per section.. Cos most of college I checked in BC they charge $7420 per term and it's public school. Camosun college..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
please this one that they are giving AIP without admissibility and background check, what is the implication of that? is there a possibility that the application can still be refused later on for these same reasons? I have done upfront medicals and also police clearance so ordinarily it should just be biometrics left but still need to know the full implication of this 2 stage AIP thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
Iffylove:
Congratulations, Please can I message you through your mail?. I want to ask questions as regards how you packaged the sop for the kids.

Thank you. I have responded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

This is a feat well achieved. I will be celebrating you with a big congratulations upon the completion of the final lap. You're winning this race.

Bless up bro!
A Big Amen to dat!!!

Tnx so much Prof. JustMellow cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

I didn't do Upfront Medicals as well, nor got a medical request, and I got AIP, in which I was told that my application has advanced to the next stage of processing.

Though Reviewing of Eligibility & Background Check is still on.

@Anon123, what does this signify

- should I await a Medical Request?
- Do an Upfront Medical?
- or I should await further instructions from IRCC?

Thanks

Hello Lekiboboe,

The first and third option on the list should be considered. They paint same picture.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Swtibogirl88: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Mine is 31st may. I know that God will answer our prayers soon. I believe and I know my God will remember us that are waiting on our own to land.
sarmamotors:
God remember me o. Since may 23rd...am on my knees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vslayer: 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
francophone134:
I'm looking at a cheap school... I don't mind doing a baccalaureate program in finance of my HND can go for it. The essence of that is to study for two years bcus of PGWP

Me too oo.. I have BSc nutrition and dietetics. But am looking for a college outside Ontario that I can do course on child care(diploma) for 2yrs.. Please is this achievable my gurus. Finish school since 2014
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by cuteesthy(f): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Anon123:

Pls link your application to online so you can start getting updates on your application. All paper applications are not being attended to
I have linked my application in march, sent webform sometime ago but got d response that they are working with limited staff blablabla
i got nothing else to do than to wait, almost 6months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by graceyajayi(f): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
WOW! Thank God.
Congratulations Boss.
Lekiboboe:
Just got my AIP now

Appreciation to @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Qudkom & every HONORABLES who has bin contributing to this forum...

To everyone waiting for approval, ur Testimony is on the Way

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Toluchenko:
Hello everyone,

I am quite new here. Pardon if I am asking a question that has been asked before.

I saw on this thread that the proof of living expenses that the Visa office requires form my sponsor is 10,000 CAD. However the estimated living expenses on the pdf file that my University sent is more than 10,000 CAD (about 24,000 CAD; accommodation, meals, books and supplies e.t.c). Which do you think the Visa office will consider?? 10,000 CAD or the one my school requires??

Also, peradvaenture I defer till January (winter 2021), can I start processing my Visa from now? hope it's not too early?

Hello Toluchenko,

You may want to consider working towards the amount stated on your admission letter. The VO may want to apply discretion in analyzing the living sitiation when you come to Canada. This is because each province has its price control and pricing system.

However, you can simply the cost of your LE to the IRCC required 10k and demonstrate the availability of the other half. Thus, you failed to state if the 24k estimated by your school is for a year or two and if the duration of your program is for 2yrs.

The stipulated time to apply for a study visa ahead of an admission intake/resumption by IRCC is 6 months. At most 2 - 3 months. This enables a possible reapplication in terms of time just in case of a rejection.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.