Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156124 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by francophone134: 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Visit the link below , scroll down and check out Canada Resume format/Style (in ATS STANDARD) .jpg & .docx samples

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/86
thanks sir. Please I sent you a dm. I want to show you the one have been using. God bless you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
wendynuel:
Hello Anon,

I believe medicals is part of stage 2 requirement just like biometrics and security police certificate (see below)

How to obtain a study permit for fall 2020

The first stage is much like the regular study-permit process. International students have to submit:

letter of acceptance;
Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (for Quebec students only);
proof of funds;
proof that they can leave Canada when they no longer have legal temporary or permanent status; and
any family ties to Canada.
Immigration officers will assess these applications and issue pre-approval at their discretion. International students can begin studying at this stage.

To get the full study permit, and eventually be able to travel to Canada, international students will need to submit:

Immigration medical examination
Security-Police certificates
Biometrics

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/canada-makes-huge-changes-to-help-international-students-0715032.html#gs.coz4w8
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/how-to-get-a-canada-study-permit-for-fall-2020-0715089.html#gs.coyr6k

Duly noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
younghero2:
hello house,
good day. please i have a question,
i submitted my application online two months ago, and i was sent a letter to go for my bio-metrics in any of their centers around.
I was given three months deadline to do so, which will expire this month. but the issue now is that VFS centers both in abuja and lagos are still closed. i cant even book appointment online.
please what do i do at this stage. am confused.

please help me out.

my deadline is around the corner.

You dont need biometrics now.. Applications are being attended to without biometrics as you can see from the updates people here are sharing ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Queenmama03(f): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
francophone134:
Visit empowergmat.com. Thank me later

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tracy2020:
I just received my Approval in Principle letter. Medical has been updated to passed also. Thank you Nairalanders.
Congratulations, when did you apply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
I have not seen any update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
I Know I'll be here to testify soon.
Will soon submit my SP application for winter '21.

Congratulations to about 9 AIP's Applicants. Today in indeed a great day in NL. we're expecting more AIP's

Esp Lekiboboe you deserve it for your patience and tireless assistance rendered in the forum.
Congrats one again.

Everyone expecting a good news for AIP, I join my faith with yours,it will end in PRAISES

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Olayinkaji:
I have not seen any update
Have faith it’s coming everyone’s application is different cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tonyodg:
Have faith it’s coming everyone’s application is different cheesy
Amen o, congrats to you guys o. Na to open border remain everybody runnnn

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wanted to ask, did the guys raise webform? The guys that got AIP, did you all raise webform in inquiring about your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Congrats to everyone that has gotten their approvals.

I also applied June 10 but nothing yet. na wa ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Just got my AIP now

Applied : June 10

Appreciation to @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Qudkom & every HONORABLES who has bin contributing to this forum...

To everyone waiting for approval, ur Testimony is on the Way

Big congrats, very well deserved.

To all others who got AIP's as well, congrats.

Those waiting, you will get it, just be patient..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Just got my AIP now

Applied : June 10

Appreciation to @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Qudkom & every HONORABLES who has bin contributing to this forum...

To everyone waiting for approval, ur Testimony is on the Way

my oga, I am so so so so happy for you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Congratulations, when did you apply?
Thank you.
I applied June 10
Medical Request- July 23
Went for Medicals - July 30
Medical passed- August 5

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
May God remember those of us still waiting. It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by francophone134: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
People of God, I greet you all. Let me not lie, I don't know. Where to start from. I have about 3m in my account and I want to study in Canada.

I have an HND in accounting (upper credit).
Abeg where can I start from one... NIGER DON TIRE ME

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by francophone134: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
I'm looking at a cheap school... I don't mind doing a baccalaureate program in finance of my HND can go for it. The essence of that is to study for two years bcus of PGWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hallelujah! Jesus has done it! I got my AIP this morning!!!

Submitted for my 2 sons and I: July 5th
Did upfront medicals for myself.
Medical request for the 3 of us: 25th July.
Raised webform to inform them that I did upfront medicals. They acknowledged receipt of my upfront medical sheet.
Medicals passed for my sons only: 4th August, 2020.

Still waiting for them to pass my medicals.
Thanks to everyone who contributed when I had questions. Special thanks to JustMellow, Mcobex, MsJu, Penitential and everyone who contributes on this forum

We will all testify in Jesus Name!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Adunola20:
Hallelujah! Jesus has done it! I got my AIP this morning!!!

Submitted for my 2 sons and I: July 5th
Did upfront medicals for myself.
Medical request for the 3 of us: 25th July.
Raised webform to inform them that I did upfront medicals. They acknowledged receipt of my upfront medical sheet.
Medicals passed for my sons only: 4th July, 2020.

Still waiting for them to pass my medicals.
Thanks to everyone who contributed when I had questions.

We will all testify in Jesus Name!

choi! everyone is getting AIP. Na me remain ... Congratulations!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by theconsortium: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Anon123:

You dont need biometrics now.. Applications are being attended to without biometrics as you can see from the updates people here are sharing ..

You need biometric, only those who had biometric done in the last year's are exempted. I am equally waiting for vfs office to open so I can do mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tracy2020:

Thank you.
I applied June 10
Medical Request- July 23
Medical passed- August 5

wow! first time applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Below is mainly for Indian students but we can learn a thing or two from it

Here is some information from today's WEBINAR.

1. They have No Idea when VACs(India) reopen
2. Non-sds will also be processed if it is a complete application which includes bio and medical.
3. No need to write IELTS again if your test results have expired after you submit an application. If visa approved and IELTS expires by the time you reach Canada then also you do not have to take IELTS again.
4. New Delhi office and sister offices are working on Indian applications.
5. Update the date in your LOA if the start dates change by a week or two so you don't face any issue at the port of entry.
6. If your course is HYBRID and you have a proof from DLI or if it's mentioned in your LOA then you may travel to Canada(applicants after March 18th approval)
7. PTE results accepted.
8. PTE doesn't fall under SDS.
9. 2 stage approval is for complete applications too - it is not just for incomplete applications.
10. 1st stage refused - considered as a complete refusal.
11. You can work in home country while doing online class. This won't impact PGWP.
12. According to IRCC, they have already issued AIP to some Indian Applicants.
13. According to IRCC, they will try to issue AIP before Sep 15. However, there are some chances that some applicants may receive AIP after Sep 15 for fall 2020 course.
14. Stage 2 will only be refused if you have a criminal record or you do not pass the medical. Then there are other factors like if you have done something illegal or you are a spy. Stage 1 approval means that you have passed the usual eligibility criteria ie you are a genuine student, enough funds, gic paid and stuff like that.
15. If you are planning to travel to Canada, you must provide a QUARANTINE PLAN to the relevant team. If not you may not be found admissible to enter Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tracy2020:

Thank you.
I applied June 10
Medical Request- July 23
Medical passed- August 5
Okay thanks, congratulations once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fortuneforever: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Am assuming you might be mistaking AIP for AIPP oh

"AIP" is Approval In Principal which is a first stage approval for Study Permit

"AIPP" is Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program which one of the requirement is job offer from a designated Atlantic employer

francophone134:
Congratulations to everyone on AIP, please you guys should show me the way. Am in my kneels o. I have done my best in apying for jobs but nothing yet.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

my oga, I am so so so so happy for you smiley
Tnx onyeisi nwanyị smiley,

Appreciate!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
NairaLuck:
I Know I'll be here to testify soon.
Will soon submit my SP application for winter '21.

Congratulations to about 9 AIP's Applicants. Today in indeed a great day in NL. we're expecting more AIP's

Esp Lekiboboe you deserve it for your patience and tireless assistance rendered in the forum.
Congrats one again.

Everyone expecting a good news for AIP, I join my faith with yours,it will end in PRAISES
Thanks Honorable Nairaluck @ I double sight u.

Your faith will bear a speedy testimony soon

It will end in Praise!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
AIP just rained on me as well o. Somebody help me shour halleluyaaaaa grin[color=#770077][/color]

Applied July 14,
Request for medicals July 24 even though I had already done upfront medicals
Raised general webform July 24 and Nairobi webform July 25 attaching evidence of upfrnt medicals
AIP this morning
Eligibility, background check and Medicals still ongoing.

Course doesnt begin until Jan 2021 so hopefully visa submission offices will open up for biometrics before then

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Big congrats, very well deserved.

To all others who got AIP's as well, congrats.

Those waiting, you will get it, just be patient..
Tnx Chief,

Remain Blessed cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Please who can recommend the best school for MSc in Cybersecurity or other IT related courses that offers funding too. I’m asking for a friend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by francophone134: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hello NL's.

Anyone going to the University of Manitoba?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Damian457: 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
TimAke:
Good morning guys.

After a delayed response , my supervisor finally sent me a letter with a breakdown of funding I’ll receive as a GTA. I would like to attach this document to my already submitted via the web form to strengthen my POF. Is this okay?
can i pm you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.