Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160820 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2020
fehinebony:
Exactly what I was told by my school(Royal roads University) my fees wont be refunded if i start online and get rejected.(My tuition has being paid in full)
I was also adviced to defer my admission just to be on the safe side which I think is the best decision at this point.

Besides IRCC has clearly stated that the first stage approval does not guarantee a second stage study approval.

I rejoice with everyone who has gotten an AIP and hopefully, study permits will be issued to all!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
I believe all we can do for now is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best as usual. Few weeks ago we were all in the dark as to what was happening due to the long silence but now there seem to be some hope with this new process and we’ve began another round of rationalising.

Passing through stage 1 which includes a successfully verified POF and home ties isn’t an easy feat, applications have been rejected in the past based on issues from these.

To all those awaiting feedback, we also hope and pray for a positive news soon too. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
TimAke:
I believe all we can do for now is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best as usual. Few weeks ago we were all in the dark as to what was happening due to the long silence but now there seem to be some hope with this new process and we’ve began another round of rationalising.

Passing through stage 1 which includes a successfully verified POF and home ties isn’t an easy feat, applications have been rejected in the past based on issues from these.

To all those awaiting feedback, we also hope and pray for a positive news soon too. All the best.

Don't forget the medical requests too. The conventional procedure is to get a medical request if you've scaled through the eligibility hurdle. Almost everyone who has gotten the AIP has either gotten or will get the medical request. A medical request is not needed if your application is bound for rejection.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dicedapples: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
Just saw this on a forum, this should be enough for us to know that not everyone is getting the first stage approval.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Taiwolus:
Let us skip the plenty grammar.

If you passed the first stage approval, you will have to be an international criminal to not get the approval.

#My2Cents

grin grin grin

One thing I know for sure is, this Covid19 is a blessing in disguise for International students whether living in Canada or about to come in.

Schools need International students, Canada needs money in the system.

For those of you with AIP and you are medically fit, not a criminal and did not submit fake documents, relax and be praising God in advance.

While waiting for second approval, start thinking of the skills you will need in Canada to survive. I know most people will likely defer.

Please go and learn how to drive and get your license.

Learn French. Learn French. Learn French.

Can you learn how to make hair? Barb hair in 4 months if you are thinking of waiting till next winter 2021?

What technical skills do you need in Canada for your program post graduation? When you get to Canada, there will be no time. Why not start now while waiting?

Professional Certifications you can start reading for? Get ahead of your colleagues.

All the best.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Wow! Just yesterday and today, this thread is already on page 209, so fast shocked shocked, what info have I missed?. I can relate how everyone is showing great happiness about the new update and the massive AIP letters going about on this platform. In all honesty, I celebrate with you guys and hope it ends favourably for you all in the later stage.

With regards to your question @Tonyodg, majority of first time applicants will definitely receive a notification from IRCC declaring that they have passed the first stage approval in principle. This is because the requirement for the first stage is basically about the applicant's proof of funds and confirmation of genuineness of acceptance letter from the DLI in Canada. The other IRCC standard visa processing assessments which includes Criminality, Overall Eligibility, Security and Information Sharing with other countries are yet to be initiated by the senior immigration officer on the applicant's application. I will probably say that its just the R10 check that has been done so far by the immigration case analyst at the High Commission of Canada, which is primarily to ensure that applicant submitted the right documents for the program (study permit) they have applied for.

Applicants should be more concerned about the second stage as there are higher chances that the visa officer at the High Commission of Canada may likely reject the application if the applicant hasn't demonstrated that they are a bonafide student to undertake the proposed program in Canada. Be properly enlightened that it is at the second stage, the Visa officer will assess the overall credibility and reasonableness of the applicant's intended program in Canada, whether or not is in tandem with their previous studies, current employment or career path/future goals. More importantly, however, the biometrics enrollment details will be used to run a background check on the applicant by the CBSA in an effort to ascertain the applicant's criminality and security status. Kindly note that it is at this second stage the Visa officer will review the entirety of the application and make a final decision. Please be advised that commencement of online classes doesn't influence the discretion of the visa officer or guarantee an applicant's application success. A visa officer can still refuse the application if the applicant doesn't meet the IRCC Act requirements for study permit issuance.

My introspective thought tells me that IRCC is using this new update (AIP letters) to lure applicants into starting their programs from their home country as they can't afford to lose international students for the fall 2020 semester. In a nutshell, let's be optimistic that everything ends well.

I hope this information is helpful to everyone.

As always, it will end in praise.

Hello Frankrobbn1,

I share from your point analysis but based on our respective anchored viewpoints, we may not think nor agree equally.

My standpoint here is that the eligibility review falls into the FS of AIP. Quickly, this is strictly a supposition base on my opinion and what I understand. What IRCC directly classified under the SS approval for the Final approval to be granted viz. Biometrics, Medicals, PCC. I agree to the fact that other verification like the genuineness of the admission letter is done in the FS AIP.

Meanwhile, there may be rare or few rejections for the FS AIP. If there are rejections in the FS AIP., this may not be the resulting effect of failing R10 Check. It maybe the point in which the VO applied discretion and/or eligibility wasn't passed. IRCC clearly stated that an application won't be rejected based on incomplete document(s) but not directly stated if the right documents were missing. This maybe a ground whereby the VOs may use discretion to issue out rejections in the FS AIP causing eligibility not passed.

With the biometrics after it has been given for the SS AIP., the continuing part of BC to suit the flexible IRCC new rules which is the criminality and medical check will begin. Let's not forget that prior before this time, supplied documents and information verification may be conducted with the limited access to information currently available and may still be open for further intel sharing and verification. As it may have been observed in the erstwhile, the VOs can't be too thorough as security and criminality checks are not too rigorous for SP route but doesn't undermine the fact that it will be checked. Though, this is more beneficiary to applicants without travel experience.

As it stands and based on my little observation, getting refused at the SS of AIP constitute that admissibility wasn't met after the requirements for the SS AIP was found not satisfactory. Another conjectured point on eligibility which supports your points breakdown on the SS AIP is that Eligibility review maybe split between both stages for the FS and SS AIP to be approved before the Final approval. The Final approval in a way intertwine the SS AIP.

The further breakdown of the AIP by IRCC for the Indians on 'Covid-19' visa requirements and instructions are very similar yet slightly different from other regíons in the globe like Nigeria. The VOs handles the current SP applications based on the guidelines of the two-stage approval especially on Eligibility in the FS.

This is a Point of View.

One love bro!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Tonyodg:
my advice submit your application now !!! IRCC states it would work with the two stages approval for those beginning fall 2020 on or before sept 15th .. it’s Gods grace for those starting winter 2021 to receive AIP as it doesn’t apply to them .

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
Genevach:

How far, which University are you applying can we connect

I'm thinking University of Manitoba or University of Regina.

Yeah.
Should I send you a PM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
Uriel12:

I'm thinking University of Manitoba or University of Regina.

Yeah.
Should I send you a PM?
Check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
Chai.. Life isn't supposed to be this hard na shocked

JustMellow:

Hello Frankrobbn1,

I share from your point analysis but based on our respective anchored viewpoints, we may not think nor agree equally.

My standpoint here is that the eligibility review falls into the FS of AIP. Quickly, this is strictly a supposition base on my opinion and what I understand. What IRCC directly classified under the SS approval for the Final approval to be granted viz. Biometrics, Medicals, PCC. I agree to the fact that other verification like the genuineness of the admission letter is done in the FS AIP.

Meanwhile, there may be rare or few rejections for the FS AIP. If there are rejections in the FS AIP., this may not be the resulting effect of failing R10 Check. It maybe the point in which the VO applied discretion and/or eligibility wasn't passed. IRCC clearly stated that an application won't be rejected based on incomplete document(s) but not directly stated if the right documents were missing. This maybe a ground whereby the VOs may use discretion to issue out rejections in the FS AIP causing eligibility not passed.

With the biometrics after it has been given for the SS AIP., the continuing part of BC to suit the flexible IRCC new rules which is the criminality and medical check will begin. Let's not forget that prior before this time, supplied documents and information verification may be conducted with the limited access to information currently available and may still be open for further intel sharing and verification. As it may have been observed in the erstwhile, the VOs can't be too thorough as security and criminality checks are not too rigorous for SP route but doesn't undermine the fact that it will be checked. Though, this is more beneficiary to applicants without travel experience.

As it stands and based on my little observation, getting refused at the SS of AIP constitute that admissibility wasn't met after the requirements for the SS AIP was found not satisfactory. Another conjectured point on eligibility which supports your points breakdown on the SS AIP is that Eligibility review maybe split between both stages for the FS and SS AIP to be approved before the Final approval. The Final approval in a way intertwine the SS AIP.

The further breakdown of the AIP by IRCC for the Indians on 'Covid-19' visa requirements and instructions are very similar yet slightly different from other regíons in the globe like Nigeria. The VOs handles the current SP applications based on the guidelines of the two-stage approval especially on Eligibility in the FS.

This is a Point of View.

One love bro!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
Genevach:

Check your email

Already replied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mantleouchtele: 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hello All,
Please experts is there a number of courses you must do in a Semester to be eligible for PGWP and considered a full time Student.
My school is only offering one course this semester but someone said I need to do 3 courses to eligible for PGWP.

Please how true is this experts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Frankrobbn1,

This is a Point of View.

One love bro!

You've made a good point bro, we have a right to express our opinion and also the responsibility to believe whatever we think is right. I have shared my perspective based on my working knowledge about IRCC latest update and what people may potentially see in front. The twists and turns of IRCC updates which kept on changing is for the betterment of her economy's recovery amidst the novel Corona virus pandemic. IRCC may not dish out approvals in massive numbers in the later stage as it is observed in the first stage. I can tell you for sure that no applicant's overall ELIGIBILITY has been passed until the completeness of the application has been received. Above all else, a GCMS note will confirm the provenance of this information. To this end, I may not go back and forth on the subject matter but will watch and see the next step of action that will be taken by IRCC afterwards.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You've made a good point bro, we have a right to express our opinion and also the responsibility to believe whatever we think is right. I have shared my perspective based on my working knowledge about IRCC latest update and what people may potentially see in front. The twists and turns of IRCC updates which kept on changing is for the betterment of their economy's recovery amidst the novel Corona virus pandemic. IRCC may not dish out approvals in massive numbers in the later stage as it is observed in the first stage. I can tell you for sure that no applicant's overall ELIGIBILITY has been passed until the completeness of the application has been received. Above all else, a GCMS note will confirm the provenance of this information. To this end, I may not go back and forth on the subject matter but will watch and see the next step of action that will be taken by IRCC afterwards.

It will end in praise.

Just as a caveat:

Complete applications still get the AIP because VACs are closed. There are quite a number of persons with complete applications that received the AIP. If your opinion about overall eligibility is to be contextualised here, then it will fail woefully in accounting for why otherwise fully eligible applicants are getting AIPs! The reason is simple: VACs are not open for biometrics and visa stamping. The AIPs for "incomplete" applications and for the complete ones are on the same pedestal but one is simply ahead of the other.

In any case, we are not VOs or IRCC staff so whatever we say here are simply opinions. May the odds forever be in our favour.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
Adetunji001:
[/b][b][b][/b]
In respect to the above, please how realistic is it to get three years work permit with a year masters program. Sir, you are in Canada, have you seen anyone who has gotten 3 years PGWP with one year master program.
Thanks sir for your prompt response, as it will help clear my thoughts.

You don’t need to call me sir. Yes I have friends that got 3 years PGWP with one year masters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Also for Indian applicants but may be relevant to Nigerians too:

*Source:- IRCC Delhi*
7th August webinar by IRCC

1. Getting a stage 2 refusal is very low to none
2. no issues in deferment even after getting AIP
3. You can start the online classes without having AIP and that time will be counted for PGWP.
4. You cant enter canada even if you have a POE stating your presence is needed with a visa issued after 18th march.
5. If you have submitted your file in SDS category without upfront medicals then it will be shifted to non SDS
6. all of the semesters divided by half is your 50%.
7. even if you have complete application with biometrics you will still be issued AIP.
8. you can said the new Loa Via ircc web form.
9. even the evacuated staff are working towards the issuance of AIP's no ETA.
10. even if you give biometrics outside of India it still falls under the 2stage process..
11. you can submit your passport if the vac's outside of india is functioning (if you have given the bio metrics there) for getting a physical visa.
12. if stage 1 approval is denied you can reapply using the same LOA provided its for the future sem or the current one.
13.despite any internet connectivity issues and a stong poe with a visa issued after march 18th you still cant go. but if you have got before 18th march it depends on the border officer.
14. SDS, non SDS all timelines are same but the priority is given to the students who have differed to the current sem(fall intake).
15. for the financial you have to show how you are gonna pay for the 1st year and also how you are going to pay for the 2nd year. if you have a loan you can show that and show how you got the funds applies for SDS as well. you need to show how youbare going to support yourself for 2 years (excluding part time).
16. IRCC wont give you authorization letter to board. All you need is to board a plane is..
• your passport
• your visa before 18th
• why your presence is needed (documentation)
17. you can work full time while attending online classes (remote) provided you devote yourself to education.
18. you can apply for winter ASAP. ( for jan students)
19. if travel restrictions are lifted and if you have a visa you can travel to Canada even if its online.
20. IRCC doesn't accept any online english tests. it will accept only IELTS, TOFEL and PTE.
21. in medicals the IRCC mainly looks for TB and if they suspect you will be called for further testing and be prescribed meds and will be checked again after 18 weeks.
22. SOP's are not mandatory but they are beneficial to you it makes or breaks your approval.
23. dependent visa are also being processed along with student visa provided the cine through as a family group
24. given the situation they may accept IELTS general test if they need more they will send you mail asking for more.
25. if you have your medicals expired then they will review it and if they need more they will send you a mail if you have to redo it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
fratermathy:

I don't totally agree with you on this. There are legal implications for "luring" students to register and pay fees if you cannot guarantee their study permits. IRCC won't be able to take the legal backlash that will come from students across the world. Yes, getting a visa is a privilege but making students pay fees without any intention of ultimately giving them their visas will not float.

The matter appears simple to me; the first stage approval is the most important part of the visa approval process. We are only seeing the high numbers now because we are yet to see the first stage rejections. Our analysis will not be complete until we balance both. Don't forget that Nairaland users represent less than 1% of Nigerian study permit applicants.

If you have passed the eligibility stage, the factors that will stop you from getting the final permit are clearly stated by the IRCC and they include: criminal history, medical issues, and fraudulent documents. The last item is very significant because complete applications will be vetted, like you rightly said, before final decisions will be made but negative final decisions will be contingent on misrepresentation by the applicant. As long as every other thing goes well, applicants should expect their study permits based on this pre-approval.

IRCC never forced you to pay or register for any online classes. From the AIP letter they mentioned "while you wait for the final decision to be made on your application you may commence your studies online". You failed to read between the lines and the tricks employed by IRCC. They never at one point impose it as a rule on the applicant that they must pay for their fees and begin classes from their home country. Again, payment of tuition fees is also not a requirement in the eligibility review of IRCC Act. So don't think you can sue them for rejecting any application in the second phase of the process. IRCC are smart and intelligent beings and are well-resourced for cases like this that might arise as a result of this update. Trust me, they know what they are doing and will eventually win the case in the long run, i.e if you're suing them on the basis of tuition payment.

Come to think of it, haven't you noticed lately that it's majorly the first time applicants that have been receiving the first stage approval in principle letter? What is the fate of those whose visa was rejected and now reapplied the subsequent time? From my personal standpoint, getting a notification on the AIP letter doesn't guarantee that everyone will receive an approval in the later stage of the Visa process. As a matter of fact, proof of funds and genuineness of LOA doesn't in no way complete the overall eligibility requirements for study permit approval. I'll be here to see how things unfolds in no distant time.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

IRCC never forced you to pay or register for any online classes. From the AIP letter they mentioned "while you wait for the final decision to be made on your application you may commence your studies online". You failed to read between the lines and the tricks employed by IRCC. They never at one point impose it as a rule on the applicant that they must pay for their fees and begin classes from their home country. Again, payment of tuition fees is also not a requirement in the eligibility review of IRCC Act. So don't think you can sue them for rejecting any application in the second phase of the process. IRCC are smart and intelligent beings and are well-resourced for cases like this that might arise as a result of this update. Trust me, they know what they are doing and will eventually win the case in the long run, i.e if you're suing them on the basis of tuition payment.

Come to think of it, haven't you noticed lately that it's majorly the first time applicants that have been receiving the first stage approval in principle letter? What is the fate of those whose visa was rejected and now reapplied the subsequent time? From my personal standpoint, getting a notification on the AIP letter doesn't guarantee that everyone will receive an approval in the later stage of the Visa process. As a matter of fact, proof of funds and genuineness of LOA doesn't in no way complete the overall eligibility requirements for study permit approval. I'll be here to see how things unfolds in no distant time.

It will end in praise.

IRCC didn't force anyone to pay fees but do not think that those who get AIPs and end up getting rejected without inadmissibility clauses won't resort to immigration lawyers. Whether or not they win the case, they have a right to resort to legal battles. Prior to this time, rejected applications have been upended by immigration lawyers. This situation is a fertile ground for immigration lawyers to thrive should things go south. Don't forget that even Americans, Britons, and foreigners who are visitors or workers in Canada are getting AIPs, not just Nigerians!

Secondly, old applicants are still getting AIPs! Like I said, not all applicants are on Nairaland. I have seen quite a number of complete and second or third time applications getting AIPs. You are basing your opinion on anecdotal data. You have to see the bigger picture and you will, soon enough. There is no way Covid-19 won't affect what we understand about immigration. This argument just proves that there are interesting days ahead...

Again, may the odds forever be in our favour!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
fratermathy:

IRCC didn't force anyone to pay fees but do not think that those who get AIPs and end up getting rejected without inadmissibility clauses won't resort to immigration lawyers. Whether or not they win the case, they have a right to resort to legal battles. Prior to this time, rejected applications have been upended by immigration lawyers. This situation is a fertile ground for immigration lawyers to thrive should things go south. Don't forget that even Americans, Britons, and foreigners who are visitors or workers in Canada are getting AIPs, not just Nigerians!

Secondly, old applicants are still getting AIPs! Like I said, not all applicants are on Nairaland. I have seen quite a number of complete and second or third time applications getting AIPs. You are basing your opinion on anecdotal data. You have to see the bigger picture and you will, soon enough.

Bear in mind that it's not everyone that can afford to fight through the judicial review route. It's a very cumbersome and time consuming process, which can last upto 7 months or more. The fees involved in hiring a lawyer is very crazy too (5,500CAD to 8,000CAD) and should be enough for the applicant to reapply and make appropriate amendments in the subsequent application. We have all expressed our opinions on the subject matter and it's very informative to have analyzed the entire situation in our possible ways. In the meantime, let's wait for IRCC final decision on the applications.

Before I conclude on this piece of information, my personal advice still remains that no one should pay for any fees until you've received the final approval verdict from IRCC.

As always, It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Bear in mind that it's not everyone that can afford to fight through the judicial review route. It's a very cumbersome and time consuming process, which can last upto 7 months or more. The fees involved in hiring a lawyer is very crazy too (5,500CAD to 8,000CAD) and should be enough for the applicant to reapply and make appropriate amendments in the subsequent application. We have all expressed our opinions on the subject matter and it's very informative to have analyzed the entire situation in our possible ways. In the meantime, let's wait for IRCC final decision on the applications.

As always, It will end in praise.

Funny enough, Nigerians won't have to get lawyers to fight the battle. Those from within Canada or the US or the UK will fight the battle should it come to that. There is more to fear from a potentially successful lawsuit than the lawsuit itself. I strongly believe that the IRCC is well informed and prepared to handle this situation.

In any case, we must disagree to agree and the truth of this matter is that IRCC has truly shown good sportsmanship by permitting students to start their programs online from their home countries. The AIPs will douse the anxiety and uncertainty that come with schooling remotely, especially in this pandemic period. I do not see a situation where those with AIPs will regret enrolling for classes whatsoever. Rather, I see a situation where things will be pretty straightforward. There is just too much at stake in this matter.

Let us allow those with AIPs to celebrate their success and start their programs in peace. Those with AIPs are one step ahead of those with nothing. Those with nothing should have something to hope or aspire towards. We shouldn't take that away from people now. Their study permits are near final approval and indeed, they will get approved! The odds will be in their favour!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 11:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
fratermathy:

Funny enough, Nigerians won't have to get lawyers to fight the battle. Those from within Canada or the US or the UK will fight the battle should it come to that.

In any case, we must disagree to agree and the truth of this matter is that IRCC has truly shown good sportsmanship by permitting students to start their programs online from their home countries. The AIPs douses the anxiety and uncertainty that come with schooling remotely, especially in this pandemic period. I do not see a situation where those with AIPs will regret enrolling for classes whatsoever. Rather, I see a situation where things will be pretty straightforward. There is just too much at stake in this matter.

Let us allow those with AIPs to celebrate their success and start their programs in peace. Those with AIPs are one step ahead of those with nothing. Those with nothing should have something to hope or aspire towards. We shouldn't take that away from people now. Their study permits is near final approval and indeed, they will get approved! The odds will be in their favour!

Period.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
fratermathy:

Funny enough, Nigerians won't have to get lawyers to fight the battle. Those from within Canada or the US or the UK will fight the battle should it come to that. In any case, there is more to fear from a potentially successful lawsuit than the lawsuit itself. I strongly believe that the IRCC is well informed and prepared to handle this situation.

In any case, we must disagree to agree and the truth of this matter is that IRCC has truly shown good sportsmanship by permitting students to start their programs online from their home countries. The AIPs douses the anxiety and uncertainty that come with schooling remotely, especially in this pandemic period. I do not see a situation where those with AIPs will regret enrolling for classes whatsoever. Rather, I see a situation where things will be pretty straightforward. There is just too much at stake in this matter.

Let us allow those with AIPs to celebrate their success and start their programs in peace. Those with AIPs are one step ahead of those with nothing. Those with nothing should have something to hope or aspire towards. We shouldn't take that away from people now. Their study permits is near final approval and indeed, they will get approved! The odds will be in their favour!

I think you're misinterpreting the whole story. No one is stopping anyone from celebrating the receipt of an AIP letter. I'm practically telling you what will likely be expected from IRCC and the uncertainty involved in payment of tuition fees and starting program from home country when you've not been finally approved. Let's not sugarcoat things for people that they end up not seeing the truthfulness of the situation.

I end my comment on this matter. I wish everyone success!

It will end in praise.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I think you're misinterpreting the whole story. No one is stopping anyone from celebrating the receipt of an AIP letter. I'm practically telling you what will likely be expected from IRCC and the uncertainty involved in payment of tuition fees and starting program from home country when you've not been finally approved. Let's not sugarcoat things for people that they end up not seeing the truthfulness of the situation.

I end my comment on this matter. I wish everyone success!

It will end in praise.

Many countries are not asking international students to do their programs online and pay tuition. Those countries won't become 100% broke because of that. The US, for instance, won't suffer for years to come because international students won't be able to commence studies this fall.

Canada had a choice between keeping the international student population and maintaining the safety and health of her citizens and she did both in one fell swoop. The AIP, while not a study permit in itself and not its equivalent, gives the student some assurance of final approval. In fact, after getting the AIP, the student can still decide to defer!

Like TimAke earlier said, we shouldn't rationalise what should be pretty straightforward. Every student knows the risk involved in this and should be willing to take it or not. The decision is ultimately the student's. In any case, the AIP gives you an advantage and as the situation changes in Canada and the rest of the world, those with AIPs will be the first to get their study permits and travel visas!

I believe all the points that should be made on this matter has been made. Those with AIPs can decide what's best for them at this juncture. Good luck to all TRV hopefuls! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aldeon: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
fehinebony:
Exactly what I was told by my school(Royal roads University) my fees wont be refunded if i start online and get rejected.(My tuition has being paid in full)
I was also adviced to defer my admission just to be on the safe side which I think is the best decision at this point.

Besides IRCC has clearly stated that the first stage approval does not guarantee a second stage study approval.

I rejoice with everyone who has gotten an AIP and hopefully, study permits will be issued to all!

Yes i believe everyone should liaise with their institution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nomsy33(f): 12:38am On Aug 08, 2020
Genevach:

BSC or Masters??.
Graduate Diploma in English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nomsy33(f): 12:50am On Aug 08, 2020
Ayodeji786:
Anyone here coming to memorial university grenfell campus in corner brook?
please reply to my mail, I need you to guide me in my application process. Am applying for a Graduate Diploma in English in MUN, I really need your assistance. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 1:21am On Aug 08, 2020
Hi everyone,
Please I will like to ask, after submitting my study permit application online I went ahead to make part payment towards my tuition but didn't pay completely. Do you advise I send it to IRCC using webform. Thanks all for the great work you do here�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:11am On Aug 08, 2020
Congrats to everyone that have AIP. As evident in response uploaded here, some Schools have warned candidates to defer until they get their visa or they will not refund if otherwise. This support my previous suggestions based on my knowledge and experience on Nairaland and in Nigeria and Canada.

This is a new game style from IRCC and no one can predict how it will fully end. The only thing we can do is to learn from current candidates experience. While we wait to learn from you, we don’t want you to loose money. Owo oniru and owo oniyo something. Before the story turns to Nkan Mbe ft Ide Esu.

Except you are funded by your proposed school, starting online class without full approval is a financial and emotional risk. Before you do it, ask yourself if you can afford to loose the money. If your mind say no, please don’t start your class without full approval.

It not that we don’t want you to celebrate. We just want you to be wise in your next decision. The court battle is not for the weak or poor. It is best to pause online classes till we understand the new style. Na some people experience we go take learn am, but let it be those that can afford the risk.

IRCC is known for pulling some negative tricks on study permit applicants, particularly those from Nigeria. No one can predict the end until the end. Watch your cards and play it right.

It will end with praises. All the best!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 08, 2020
rebeccausoro:

I didn't see your PM too.

Has your medicals been uploaded?

Mine has not.

They have updated it to Passed. You should check yours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ogidigan1: 4:01am On Aug 08, 2020
Pls gurus in the house...I presently have a B.Eng 2-1 in Chem Engr. from a Nigerian university. I also have over 8yrs oil & gas cognate exp. I wanted to apply for PGD Chem Engr in any Canadian college since I'm very sure I will secure admission easily...Unfortunately, no college in Canada offers PGD in Chem Engr...all I see is Advanced diploma in Chem Engr.... Pls Gurus, do you think I will be rejected by the Visa officers if I apply for student visa with Adv dip admission letter. (Note: I don't intend to do MSc)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kaffy4tope(m): 5:06am On Aug 08, 2020
Hello my people pls save a soul

My parents believes so much in agents that any contrary advise would be shoved off.

Now to the present issue, there is this agent they approached to process Canada study visa for my sis. She truly applied and letter of admission was sent from the Uni. They asked us to pay some amounts and we’ve paid infact so far it’s close to 3m.

Now this agent has directed us to go and get police report and medical fitness certificate at any Federal Hospital. But, I sense something is wrong, the whole process seems to be different from what I’m reading here. House please kindly help out before more harms is done.

My question are?
Is it true that we must get a medical fitness certificate even before applying?

He promised to help us out with statement of account do you think that is not a red flag?

The hospital is asking us to pay 50k for covid19 test amid other tests that I can’t even remember now.

Please I need your advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2020
kaffy4tope:
Hello my people pls save a soul

My parents believes so much in agents that any contrary advise would be shoved off.

Now to the present issue, there is this agent they approached to process Canada study visa for my sis. She truly applied and letter of admission was sent from the Uni. They asked us to pay some amounts and we’ve paid infact so far it’s close to 3m.

Now this agent has directed us to go and get police report and medical fitness certificate at any Federal Hospital. But, I sense something is wrong, the whole process seems to be different from what I’m reading here. House please kindly help out before more harms is done.

My question are?
Is it true that we must get a medical fitness certificate even before applying?

He promised to help us out with statement of account do you think that is not a red flag?

The hospital is asking us to pay 50k for covid19 test amid other tests that I can’t even remember now.

Please I need your advise.

agents don start again

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.