Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160644 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2020
Osemigho:
Congrats to everyone that have AIP. As evident in response uploaded here, some Schools have warned candidates to defer until they get their visa or they will not refund if otherwise. This support my previous suggestions based on my knowledge and experience on Nairaland and in Nigeria and Canada.

This is a new game style from IRCC and no one can predict how it will fully end. The only thing we can do is to learn from current candidates experience. While we wait to learn from you, we don’t want you to loose money. Owo oniru and owo oniyo something. Before the story turns to Nkan Mbe ft Ide Esu.

Except you are funded by your proposed school, starting online class without full approval is a financial and emotional risk. Before you do it, ask yourself if you can afford to loose the money. If your mind say no, please don’t start your class without full approval.

It not that we don’t want you to celebrate. We just want you to be wise in your next decision. The court battle is not for the weak or poor. It is best to pause online classes till we understand the new style. Na some people experience we go take learn am, but let it be those that can afford the risk.

IRCC is known for pulling some negative tricks on study permit applicants, particularly those from Nigeria. No one can predict the end until the end. Watch your cards and play it right.

It will end with praises. All the best!
True Talk & Very Factual

In a Scenerio like this,

An Applicant Got this mail from the international dept. Of his school based on the mail he sent to them.

Note : Tuition Paid for Fall 2020 Program, No Online Class (Strictly In-person Class), Gotten AIP, Programs Starts Early September

Hello,

Hope this note finds you well!

If I am understanding your situation correctly –

- You have applied for a prog. which is NOT offered in January 2021 ( next intake available for Fall 2021 only)

- You have applied for the Visa but have not received a decision yet

- The program has lab component so you cannot start from overseas and need to be in Canada to start your program

In this situation there are three things you can do –
-Wait for your visa decision and then see if the Government makes any changes to travel restrictions for those students who receive their visas after March 18

- Based on if and when the Government announces changes, you may then think about applying to another January program

- Request a refund

We would suggest wait for your Visa Decision before making any decision.

Regards

In this situation what would likely be the best option to choose?

Though the Applicant is looking at REQUSTING A REFUND
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adetunji001(m): 7:33am On Aug 08, 2020
Osemigho:

You don’t need to call me sir. Yes I have friends that got 3 years PGWP with one year masters.

Thank you bro. Your answer begets the question of how they did it. What was done by them? Or it was favour or luck? Or it's something that needs to be done during study permit application? Or everything will be sorted while the person is in Canada? Thanks bro once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 7:51am On Aug 08, 2020
Lekiboboe:

True Talk & Very Factual

In a Scenerio like this,

An Applicant Got this mail from the international dept. Of his school based on the mail he sent to them.

Note : Tuition Paid for Fall 2020 Program, No Online Class (Strictly In-person Class), Gotten AIP, Programs Starts Early September

Hello,

- You have applied for a prog. which is NOT offered in January 2021 ( next intake available for Fall 2021 only)

- The program has lab component so you cannot start from overseas and need to be in Canada to start your program

-Wait for your visa decision and then see if the Government makes any changes to travel restrictions for those students who receive their visas after March 18

- Based on if and when the Government announces changes, you may then think about applying to another January program

- Request a refund

Regards

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2020
kaffy4tope:
Hello my people pls save a soul

My parents believes so much in agents that any contrary advise would be shoved off.

Now to the present issue, there is this agent they approached to process Canada study visa for my sis. She truly applied and letter of admission was sent from the Uni. They asked us to pay some amounts and we’ve paid infact so far it’s close to 3m.

Now this agent has directed us to go and get police report and medical fitness certificate at any Federal Hospital. But, I sense something is wrong, the whole process seems to be different from what I’m reading here. House please kindly help out before more harms is done.

My question are?
Is it true that we must get a medical fitness certificate even before applying?

He promised to help us out with statement of account do you think that is not a red flag?

The hospital is asking us to pay 50k for covid19 test amid other tests that I can’t even remember now.

Please I need your advise.
Hmmm.... Since ur parents believe so much in agents, it might be hard to change their mind with mere talk cos they feel someone whose not an agent won't make any sense & I understand they don't want efforts to be in vain that's why they feel an agent is the best option for this.

To ur questions,
1) That's not true

2) There is high chances it will raise a red flag, cos the statement of Account is likely not going to be from either your mum, dad or elder sibling,
Cos the best person to be ur sponsor is either ur Mum, Dad or Sibling

3) It's not true

If this questions are based on what the agent said, this is not LEGIT AT ALL

My Own Suggestion,
1) Go to YouTube & search for this exact Video
HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDENT VISA IN NIGERIA + TIPS, if possible convert it to MP4 or MKV and download it.

This is a Canada Study Visa Application experience from a NIGERIAN, now in CANADA

Find attached the screenshot below of the Video below.

Let your parents watch it from the beginning to the end, am sure that after watching this video, they should possibly look at things in another perspective

2) Also show your parents the IRCC website for Canada Study Visa for more information.

All da best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2020
kaffy4tope:

My parents believes so much in agents that any contrary advise would be shoved off.

Now to the present issue, there is this agent they approached to process Canada study visa for my sis. She truly applied and letter of admission was sent from the Uni. They asked us to pay some amounts and we’ve paid infact so far it’s close to 3m.

Now this agent has directed us to go and get police report and medical fitness certificate at any Federal Hospital. But, I sense something is wrong, the whole process seems to be different from what I’m reading here. House please kindly help out before more harms is done.

My question are?

He promised to help us out with statement of account do you think that is not a red flag?

The hospital is asking us to pay 50k for covid19 test amid other tests that I can’t even remember now.

AGENTS DON’T GUARANTEE YOU VISA
READ THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanctification1(f): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2020
Hello guys, I've a friend currently in a situation i don't really understand anymore, and it's concerning Canada student visa processing time which is now becoming so annoying and frustrating for him to bear .....He got admission into Confederation College, Thunder Bay, Ottario for a two years Undergraduate program....He had this agent that assisted him with application and getting of neccassary documents...he should have submitted his application since September last year buh due to uncompleted documents and financial support there was a little delay....As God says, he applied for biometric last year November 3 and got a response to give bio November 7 and he got it done.

Finally, he got the application submitted exactly November 9......It's exactly 9months plus and he is yet to receive any response...

Pls, have anyone experience this before or what do you guys think is going on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 8:57am On Aug 08, 2020
My application changed from 'your action required' to 'submitted' but no changes to my apllication nor have i recieved any email. what does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2020
Sanovsky007:
My application changed from 'your action required' to 'submitted' but no changes to my apllication nor have i recieved any email. what does this mean?

Hello, please when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2020
Lekiboboe:

True Talk & Very Factual

In a Scenerio like this,

Hello,

- Request a refund

Regards

As you can see, you are advised not to register without physically present in Canada. Wait to see if you can get your visa before one or two weeks to the deadline. If you are able to, get a letter from your program that you need to be physically present in Canada for your program. The final entry decision is made at the border, and evidence have shown that they are allowing students with good reasons in. Let this be a sign to anyone that think everyone just follow government directives like Zombies. The power and discretion to allow you enter lies on your border officer and not the fact that you have a visa. Same way the power and discretion to visa lies on your visa officer not that you fulfill visa requirements. Na make you meet people that believe in you and your evidence from application to entry.

If you don’t get your visa one or two weeks to registration deadline, Ask to defer your admission to Fall 2021. They way you request this matters. You have to be polite and friendly about it because they may not be doing this but can consider you for COVID reasons. When you are ready to defer, I.e. close to deadline, send a polite and friendly email citing the uncertainty and .... around COVID. You can copy the graduate program director and your supervisor if necessary. No body expected or prepare for what COVID has done to us and our plan. So, many are open to suggestions on how to help. However, most Canadians like polite and friendly manner to things. Not completely “it is my right” approach.

Seek relevant College post graduate diploma or cert January admission as a back up now. You don’t want to loose your admission and not have a back up plan if you are able to do biometrics finally. Make sure the college accept little or no acceptance fee. A lot of colleges will not return your acceptance fee if you can’t provide evidence of visa refusal. So you want to make sure your back is not an expensive one because you may likely loose your acceptance fee if your university plans work out.

My answer is based on my knowledge and experience. It may not reflect your reality. All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2020
July 6th

Minah2020:

Hello, please when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2020
I have been on this thread for some time and I have observed most of your prophecies in regards to Canada student visa and almost all of your prophecies come to pass. As a matter of fact, I keep wondering who's your Intel.

I always look forward to read your comments.

I could remember the last one you said was come August, this thread will be rain with approval and of which almost everyone that applied for fall 2020 admission got approval even though it is "approval in principle" but still it's an approval grin

Now to do subject of the final approval, a word is enough for the wise as they say. If people feel AIP guarantee second approval, only time will tell and the time is almost here. All fingers crossed.

Peace!!!

Frankrobbn1:

I think you're misinterpreting the whole story. No one is stopping anyone from celebrating the receipt of an AIP letter. I'm practically telling you what will likely be expected from IRCC and the uncertainty involved in payment of tuition fees and starting program from home country when you've not been finally approved. Let's not sugarcoat things for people that they end up not seeing the truthfulness of the situation.

I end my comment on this matter. I wish everyone success!

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2020
My medical has been updated to pass.
Please check your mail and respond

rebeccausoro:

I didn't see your PM

Has your medicals been uploaded?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 9:36am On Aug 08, 2020
Sanovsky007:
July 6th

Oh actually I applied for July 31st. Since then it's always show "your action is required" and untill last night my current status changed to "application/profile updated".
But then you said yours was submitted, I just wonder what the difference is tho... Let's see how it goes Sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2020
Minah2020:

Oh actually I applied for July 31st. Since then it's always show "your action is required" and untill last night my current status changed to "application/profile updated".
But then you said yours was submitted, I just wonder what the difference is tho... Let's see how it goes Sha

Have you done biometric before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2020
Sanctification1:
Hello guys, I've a friend currently in a situation i don't really understand anymore, and it's concerning Canada student visa processing time which is now becoming so annoying and frustrating for him to bear .....He got admission into Confederation College, Thunder Bay, Ottario for a two years Undergraduate program....He had this agent that assisted him with application and getting of neccassary documents...he should have submitted his application since September last year buh due to uncompleted documents and financial support there was a little delay....As God says, he applied for biometric last year November 3 and got a response to give bio November 7 and he got it done.

Finally, he got the application submitted exactly November 9......It's exactly 9months plus and he is yet to receive any response...

Pls, have anyone experience this before or what do you guys think is going on?

He did biometrics November 3rd and submitted November 7th, then submitted his application November 9th.

That's a ridiculous timeline.
If its paper route, biometrics and submission is same day.
If its online route, you submit your application, letter requesting you to go for biometrics comes withing 48hrs...

I advice you to get your application number from the agent and you can check online if this application is real or not.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2020
Urrch:

Have you done biometric before?

No
I think the error is from them. I checked now again and it's saying action required... angry shocked. The error is definitely from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2020
kaffy4tope:

My question are?

It's just two clinics that are authorized to carry out the medical tests for IRCC and they are not fed govt owned....big red flag
Sourcing bank statement for you?.....another red flag
Whatever money you paid to the supposed school , I hope you did a direct transfer to the school, if it's to the agent....last last na police station all of una go end up.

Let your parents know what you have found out and your stand on it, if they still go ahead, leave them, they will learn...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2020
Osemigho:

As you can see, you are advised not to register without physically present in Canada. Wait to see if you can get your visa before one or two weeks to the deadline. If you are able to, get a letter from your program that you need to be physically present in Canada for your program. The final entry decision is made at the border, and evidence have shown that they are allowing students with good reasons in. Let this be a sign to anyone that think everyone just follow government directives like Zombies. The power and discretion to allow you enter lies on your border officer and not the fact that you have a visa. Same way the power and discretion to visa lies on your visa officer not that you fulfill visa requirements. Na make you meet people that believe in you and your evidence from application to entry.

If you don’t get your visa one or two weeks to registration deadline, Ask to defer your admission to Fall 2021. They way you request this matters. You have to be polite and friendly about it because they may not be doing this but can consider you for COVID reasons. When you are ready to defer, I.e. close to deadline, send a polite and friendly email citing the uncertainty and .... around COVID. You can copy the graduate program director and your supervisor if necessary. No body expected or prepare for what COVID has done to us and our plan. So, many are open to suggestions on how to help. However, most Canadians like polite and friendly manner to things. Not completely “it is my right” approach.

Seek relevant College post graduate diploma or cert January admission as a back up now. You don’t want to loose your admission and not have a back up plan if you are able to do biometrics finally. Make sure the college accept little or no acceptance fee. A lot of colleges will not return your acceptance fee if you can’t provide evidence of visa refusal. So you want to make sure your back is not an expensive one because you may likely loose your acceptance fee if your university plans work out.

My answer is based on my knowledge and experience. It may not reflect your reality. All the best.
Tnx so mch for your input,

Yes I noticed the polite way of communication from the sch. international director to me, and i have imbibed the Politeness Culture in our conversations (mail).

Owing to the remaining days left for September to come, only a Miracle can happen on this cos VFS/VAC Nigeria is not opened (doing biometrics, medicals, getting a decision, Passport Request, getting Passport back, booking flight etc.)

To ur 2nd to the last paragraph, yes I have applied to a related/relevant PG.Cert program slated for January (Winter) 2021 intake as a back-up plan, & still waiting for the admission.

If possible I don't get a decision a week or two weeks to resumption date, is it possible to request for a refund
or
I will av to wait to av decision before I can request for a refund?
cos am not interested in the FALL 2021 deferment option.,that's the reason why I considered a PLAN B, and if that clicks, its the refund thats gonna be used to pay for the back UP plan school

And would a webform to CIC be essential owing to an Applicant not getting a decision a week pr two before resumption ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by trvassurance: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
My medical has not been updated since Tuesday. I did it at IOM. Others have said theirs have been updated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 10:51am On Aug 08, 2020
trvassurance:
My medical has not been updated since Tuesday. I did it at IOM. Others have said theirs have been updated.

I am in the same dilemma..Did upfront medicals since july 22 but then it hasn’t been updated

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nomsy33(f): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2020
Taiwolus:
Let us skip the plenty grammar.

If you passed the first stage approval, you will have to be an international criminal to not get the approval.

#My2Cents
Hi, am on my application process, MUN, I need to make inquiries from you. please reply your mail.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by trvassurance: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2020
Iceman2020:
My medical has been updated to pass.
Please check your mail and respond

Did they send you a mail or you just saw the notification on your portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 11:31am On Aug 08, 2020
i think profile updated means you have a new message, once you click the message it will return to action reqiured because of pending biometrics

Minah2020:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ome102595: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2020
Hello,
I applied for Study permit on the 29th of July, last night I received a mail from cic (Picture of document below). I check my status saying, we are reviewing the result from your medical exam. Mind you haven't done medical's.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2020
Ome102595:
Hello,
I applied for Study permit on the 29th of July, last night I received a mail from cic (Picture of document below). I check my status saying, we are reviewing the result from your medical exam. Mind you haven't done medical's.
congrats this is approval in principle
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 11:54am On Aug 08, 2020
have you been granted AIP

dicedapples:
Hi guys, please does anyone know what this means, my application status has been on awaiting your action for the past month, but this morning my status changed to submitted , although eligibility and background is still under review and I haven’t gotten any message or mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Sanovsky007:
have you been granted AIP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EzekielMab(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
Sanovsky007:
i think profile updated means you have a new message, once you click the message it will return to action reqiured because of pending biometrics

Oh yeah that's true... Pending biometrics.... Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63