Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1163630 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
fratermathy:

Some Indians on another platform ordered their GCMS notes and found that they've since scaled through the eligibility hurdle even before AIPs were issued. Others without AIPs ordered their notes and saw that they were rejected as well (although no formal communication has come).

Maybe Nigerians with AIPs can also do the same and order their GCMS notes before they pay tuition. In any case, many universities have extended the refund deadline to late September or even October. This should ease worries on whether tuition would be refunded in the worst case scenario.
Totally agree with this. I received a reply to my email by the VAC handling my case informing me I had past the first stage when I inquired about the progress of my application, this was about 7weeks into my application. AIP letter arrived from IRCC 4 days after VAC response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justexcellent: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Seen! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anon123:

Kindly send a webform to make inquiries on why the delay as you haven't gotten an update on your application. How to send a webform, just google "Canadian webform".. The rest is something you can do. Please dont pay a kobo until you are certain about your SP as already stated by someone here..
Sorry, made i mistake, the school sent me a new offer letter on 10th August, should i send the new admission letter and also make the request about the status of my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
chloe3:

Sorry, made i mistake, the school sent me a new offer letter on 10th August, should i send the new admission letter and also make the request about the status of my application?

Yes pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buggi102kruse: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good day house,

Please what is the fate of this brother?
He got admissions letter from 2 schools, one is may start term and the other is September start term. He decided to process student permit with the may admission which is 1yr program. On getting to Canada, for some reasons he chose to wait for 5 months working(hustle jobs less than 20hrs/week) so that he can resume with the September admission that's is 2 yrs program.
Will this action affect his pgwp/pr in the future?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
Thanks boss?

Frankrobbn1:

See the attached link:

AUTHORIZED IRCC ATIP LINK TO ORDER YOUR GCMS NOTE. Please note that you will require the information of an individual presently residing in Canada to assist you in ordering the case notes. The information needed for the process include the following:

1. Individual full name
2. Mailing Address in Canada
3. Phone Number.
4. Email address

On your own part, you will be required to fill a GCMS consent form using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Upon completing this form, scan, and upload it on IRCC ATIP platform.

The processing fees for GCMS notes goes for $5CAD. Currently, it takes about 15days to receive the notes delivered to you via email due to less rush for it. More importantly, you may use your email address as the requester, so you can receive the notes delivered to you.

In the absence that you don't have any individual presently living in Canada, you can make use of the third party GCMS note websites, which can be found on the internet.

I hope this information is useful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Technically no, he is allowed to defer his May admission until the following semester. He is also allowed to change schools, but he must inform IRCC that he has switched school. I recommend that he notify IRCC ASAP because his May school will inform IRCC that he did not show up to school.
As for working for 5 months. I don't know about that. I'm not sure if his off-campus working permit allows him to work before school begins. Whatever the case, tell him not to say tell any soul that he has been working.

buggi102kruse:
Good day house,

He got admissions letter from 2 schools, one is may start term and the other is September start term. He decided to process student permit with the may admission which is 1yr program. On getting to Canada, for some reasons he chose to wait for 5 months working(hustle jobs less than 20hrs/week) so that he can resume with the September admission that's is 2 yrs program.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anon123:

Yes pls
This is what i want to send them, please read through if it's ok.

'Hello,
Good day, I want to inform you that a change had occur on my application. My admission have been differed from September 2020 intake to January 2021 intake. I want to also enquire about the status of my application that was submitted on 7 june 2020.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Graceee:
Please nairaluck
which bank did you use for western union business solution.
and can they approve tuition of up to 20k cad??

I used Sterling Bank. And yes, any amount but mind you, the bank has its own service charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
I applied July 1st and after receiving the BVL the next day, I haven't heard from them till date. I don weak!. School day resume 14th Sept, 2020. Na wa!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yr2020: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Please . Someone should answer my question

yr2020:
Hello seniors in the house,

Please am about applying for a student visa, but I want to know if my two kids can accompany me to Canada and what it takes.

I will appreciate a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
buggi102kruse:
Good day house,

From my understanding, it will affect him greatly IF the payment goes to his bank account and he paid taxes for those months. If he did cash jobs, then he's 100% safe.
Cause the rule says you can only work as an enrolled student ( from your first day of academic work/ holidays) but with cash jobs he won't be tracked.
Most times they act like you've not committed a crime until you're filing for PR then they disqualify you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Foski01:
I applied July 1st and after receiving the BVL the next day, I haven't heard from them till date. I don weak!. School day resume 14th Sept, 2020. Na wa!
Keep the hope high bro, very very soon!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
yr2020:

Yes they can provided you have enough to cater for them when they get there and also it wouldn’t affect your studies.
Just make sure you make plans for them as much as you’re making plans for yourself.
BTW : they can serve as good home ties for you here and you get them there as soon as you get your TRV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Graceee: 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Did you do it in Lagos or please where is ur location??
, coz i tried doing it thru fidelity bank in Onitsha and they said they will have to courier my request to Lagos head branch.
So i was thinking of going to Lagos and doing it from Lagos.

NairaLuck:

I used Sterling Bank. And yes, any amount but mind you, the bank has its own service charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adurami040517: 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good day guys, please can anyone name a credible third party site where I can get my gcms notes. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Graceee:
Did you do it in Lagos or please where is ur location??
, coz i tried doing it thru fidelity bank in Onitsha and they said they will have to courier my request to Lagos head branch.
So i was thinking of going to Lagos and doing it from Lagos.

Yes I did it in Lagos, Dokpemu branch (Egbeda)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by deveid: 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
If one is in Canada, will one be able to withdraw from a domiciliary account created here in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
yr2020:

Yes you can apply with them.
You need to show you have enough funds to cater for the three of you. I will advise you should have more than the minimum required funds on IRCC website.
Depending on their age, you can make arrangement for their daycare/school and attach it to their application.
You need to have other home ties, e.g: husband, your family, your job and others.
Pray, pray and pray!

All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
chloe3:

This is what i want to send them, please read through if it's ok.

'Hello,
Good day, I want to inform you that a change had occur on my application. My admission have been differed from September 2020 intake to January 2021 intake. I want to also enquire about the status of my application that was submitted on 7 june 2020.

Nice!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
buggi102kruse:

Can a partner who is on a spousal work permit enrol for a professional course that can boast employability or even take a pgc program as long as they can afford it?

I believe you can work or study with the work permit. However, work in a NOC B, A, or O gives you a better opportunity to immigrate. If I have to choose between work or study with an open work permit, I will work in a profession that increases my PR chances. Some jobs like admin assistant and daycare worker are more easier to get. You can actually get them within the Nigerian-Canadian network. However, these jobs don’t fit most people’s expectation of Canada. Some also don’t know that some hustle are more professional or recognized than others. As such, many end up wasting most months, if not all, Of their work permit in search for more competitive jobs, while some do jobs that do not increase their immigration opportunities. To be successful in Canada, you have to be determined and strategic. You need to know opportunities to pursue, and Why and how to pursue them.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hello house, is it right to raise a webform to enquire about the status of ones application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
chloe3:

Hi, please i need assistance house. I applied for a study permit since june 6th and got my biometric request on june 7th ever since then no response from the embassy. Now the school have been disturbing me to pay my fees and enroll in an online program which i don't want to, so i differ the admission on the 10th of August. Now am worried if this will affect the status of my application as i have not heard from them and already differed my admission, please i need advice on what to do next

I applied June 6th also only changes so far is eligibility and background is undergoing. Check If yours has started also. My advice defer to January 2021 to be on a safe side..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
My department is planning to send my stipends for the entire fall semester (September to December) via cheque to me in Nigeria (as per new directives due to the pandemic). I need advice on this. Should I ask them to hold action till I am in Canada or should I get the cheque since I am not even sure of when I'll be in Canada. The money will be enough to cater for 200% of my needs here. Does anyone even know whether or not I can cash a Canadian cheque into a Nigerian bank account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
jubrilx:
Hello house, is it right to raise a webform to enquire about the status of ones application?

When did you apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rufus0705: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Guess you are for fall term

Fgmp12:

Congratulations Dameelee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
rebeccausoro:
My department is planning to send my stipends for the entire fall semester (September to December) via cheque to me in Nigeria (as per new directives due to the pandemic). I need advice on this. Should I ask them to hold action till I am in Canada or should I get the cheque since I am not even sure of when I'll be in Canada. The money will be enough to cater for 200% of my needs here. Does anyone even know whether or not I can cash a Canadian cheque into a Nigerian bank account?
This is very tricky, very very tricky. My school refused to pay my funding until I arrived Canada and that’s the position of most schools. They literally told me to pay the fees myself and if I’m able to enter Canada, they would re-imburse me. So your school saying this is tricky. Make sure you read the terms and conditions before signing any documents. If your visa was issued before March 18, find your way to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
Blema111:

This is very tricky, very very tricky. My school refused to pay my funding until I arrived Canada and that’s the position of most schools. They literally told me to pay the fees myself and if I’m able to enter Canada, they would re-imburse me. So your school saying this is tricky. Make sure you read the terms and conditions before signing any documents. If your visa was issued before March 18, find your way to Canada.

Thanks for replying. My school typically follows the policy you highlighted prior to this covid-19 wahala. However, due to the pandemic, they sent a mail that they've been authorised to send stipends to international students via cheques. They anticipate delays in processing the cheques so they'll send the entire funding for the fall semester once (September to December) and they'll pay tuition themselves.

I have not even gotten my final permit yet. I got only an AIP. I am really confused about it. I may ask them to suspend action and keep my funding in my student account (which is the second option anyway) pending when I can get to Canada. If I am to remain in Nigeria beyond September, they'll have to send the funding to me here. I just don't know how it will work with our Nigerian banks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Rufus0705:
Guess you are for fall term

Yes and patiently waitingggggggggg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Fgmp12:

Below are list of sites you can get GCMS notes from.

This is not allowed here

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64