Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1172195 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eightyeight: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2020
chichi93:

Previous denial was based on ties, financial status and purpose of visit.(initial application was done with spouse)
Reapplied without spouse to address ties. For funds, I invested the available funds in TB and presented investment certificate and reference letter stating it was fixed for 6 months. I also presented thé breakdown of remuneration and benefits from my place of work. Study leave letter stating immediate reabsorption on return. For purpose of visit, I tried to make my career plan a bit more specific and detailed. I am looking at a masters program in University of Guelph. Police certificate was submitted.
On the profile, it’s still saying eligibility under review. Medical is still under review too.

Are you resuming this September or January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chichi93(f): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2020
eightyeight:

Are you resuming this September or January
September

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olashore09: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
I have 8m in my company account and I want to move it to my personal account. How can I explain that and which proof can I provide?

Olashore09:
No pain, no gain bro. The major problem is pof. I have a good account running and its legit. Inflow and outflow exceeding 60m for 6 months period. In fact, opening balance is 500 and closing balance is like 3k or so but it runs fine. Like car without engine. I believe if I can sort that now I'll apply for the AIP and pray. And also, ideas about how much I need to have in the account. Tuition is CAD18,449 and ive paid CAD9260 since March

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Good morning,
As per connection/Link, NO I DON'T, but I can remember the Officer who attended to me,

U can send me a PM on that
Though u will still pay for it (#5k to #10K)

By the way,

Sometimes last year or early this year, I can remember someone posted the details of an Officer here in the Forum which I had the screenshot, though I wasn't able to get across to her

POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE

Address: Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone : 08051794949, 08081772907
Name - Officer Hassan R. Oluwafunke
Cost : N3,000
(Note: things have changed since that time, so expect to pay more than that)

Also note that some kinda street wise stunt can be essential in the aspect of Negotiation wink

Alright.
I perfectly understand.
I just sent a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sarmamotors: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Submitted my Reapplication since May 23rd.No update at all. No WA o. Am tired

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
I raised a web form few days ago to know the status of my application submitted on the 19th of June and this was the response.

Good day ......

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:.

Sha I have ordered gcms note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
chichi93:
Hi guys! So I applied for gcms notes on the 5th Via applygcms and it was quite insightful though I can’t explain the meaning of most terms and codes. Received it yesterday.
Timeline:
Reapplied: June 10th
Eligibility passed on gcms: 30th June
Medicals review assigned but not started: 30th June (I submitted upfront and I noticed it has been under review since July 1st. I don’t know why)
Criminality: Passed
Information sharing: Complete, ready to be reviewed.
Original passport request assigned but not started: 30th June
AIP sent: 5th August but I received on 6th
Officers notes: previous refusal noted, rebuttal in SOP noted. Documentation adequately supports proposed study(in my own words). Eligibility passed. Final decision pending biometrics and medical result (even though the application is complete.)

So fingers crossed.
congratulations God bless your new journey

From this notes, and the other gcms notes sent by another individual look at the start dates of eligibility by the VO after submission it’s always 2-4 weeks interval I believe IRCC has definitely checked our files and eligibility and awaiting biometrics to give a reply + they are also randomly picking applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fluxyb: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Spotlights:

That's network issue.
Keep trying, clear cache or use another browser.

Make sure your network is strong.
Don't be scared
Thank you very much, I have bn able to upload all documents now but still declining my payment. I tried gtb and ecobank card.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Anon123:

No.. Q-Life will send it themselves
Thanks @Anon123.
Like how long will it take to reflect on my profile?
How will I know if Q-Life has sent it.
I'm going for biometrics on Monday August 24
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Fluxyb:
Thank you very much, I have bn able to upload all documents now but still declining my payment. I tried gtb and ecobank card.

Reason would be that the amount you could use with your Naira Mastercard has been reduced to 100usd per month.

Try other banks or get a dollar card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
yungdril:
Gurus in the house, please I need some advice. I applied June 10th submitted with upfront medical and police certificate. Eligibility and background check still been reviewed.i have sent a web form to verify IRCC has received medical from Qlife and was replied that they received it and application is still in progress.i’ve recently sent a second web form to let them know school is resuming soon. Question: should I apply for GCMS note now since application has been about 10weeks or I should still exercise patience and expect a reply from the web form? Thanks for the expected reply

Hello Yungdril,

While waiting, the GCMS notes should be the most priority if the application has exceeded its normal time or tarried. Irrespective of the sent CSE., its advised to still get the notes.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Foski01:
Pls Gurus, I applied on the 1st of July and haven't heard from them till date. Should I be worried?

Hello Foski01,

Please, kindly relax yourself by trying to have more leisure time or other busy engagement. You will surely get a decision.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
Miide2:
Do we paper applications need to order gcms too

Yes, it is advised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sharonyeah: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
@Nnwanediutor, so sorry to hear this. Am happy you are planning to give it another push.

Can you please give idea of how much you had as POF and you they said it's not sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Try switch between different web browsers. I experienced the same thing countless times in the last one week and that is what I did. I was finally able to submit this morning.

Fluxyb:
Good evening everyone. Please I will like to know if anyone has successfully submitted their study permit application this week because I have been trying to login into my account to upload all my documents but unsuccessful since Wednesday. Once I typed in my login details, it takes me back to the beginning again. Please what can I do? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
Fluxyb:
Good evening everyone. Please I will like to know if anyone has successfully submitted their study permit application this week because I have been trying to login into my account to upload all my documents but unsuccessful since Wednesday. Once I typed in my login details, it takes me back to the beginning again. Please what can I do? Thank you.

Hello Fluxyb,

Use another browser maybe try Sarafi if Chrome or Mozilla isn't responding. Better yet, clear the cache. If it still persist, take a break and try afterwards.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

I applied for my Study permit on the 16th of June and didn't get any update on my application until I ordered for my GCMS notes 15 days ago.

I just received the notes now to discover that I FAILED the eligibility review done on the 17th of July, 2020.

Part of the reasons for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

I acknowledge that I do not have any travel history and was single when I did the application (married now though). I will defer my admission and use the next 6 months to get travel experience and increase my POF and then reapply again. Unfortunately, my course can only be started in the fall term, so I will be defering to Fall 2021.

I am pained but not discouraged. We will do this once again.

I am grateful to everyone for the knowledge I have gotten from this forum.

Hello Nwannediutor,

Stay strong and I wish you the very best of luck in your next application.

Stay Focus!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Fluxyb:
DM let's talk. I was like you few days ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Please how long does it take to get the GCMS notes after it has been requested ? I applied for it yesterday. Please i need your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chichi93(f): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2020
skull4eva:
Please how long does it take to get the GCMS notes after it has been requested ? I applied for it yesterday. Please i need your response.
30 days but of recent it takes only 15 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Noms11:
Hello,

Please can someone really explain what happens when the application status changes from ‘Your Action is Required’ to ‘Submitted’ and has remained like that for about two weeks.

Those that got AIP did you observe this in your accounts and what do your statuses currently show?

Thanks!
Hi,
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
seyiki:
Hello the gurus- @frankrobin , @Justwise @justmellow and all other gurus, pls kindly help with my question. Advice needed on my wife's application.

1. She has admission for January 2021

2. She just gave birth

3. Our initial plan was for only her to apply before while the other family members join her later but with the recent delivery (just a month ago) , we felt if only her should apply it might want to raise the question of who will take care of the new babies

My question is hope it won't reduce our chances of visa approval if all the families should apply together considering the fact of home ties?
What is the beet approach to this situation ?

Hello Seyiki,

Its seems you welcomed a set of twins, congratulations.

She not applying with her 2 months old baby may also be a wrong move. The VOs also works with human emotions in assessing a person's situation. Applying with only the babies should be considered. There are services (daycare or nanny) to be employed to cater for the children while she's away studying.

It is expensive but may be the appropriate ethic to go by, in that, leaving behind your other family and considering a substitute option. This is a way to demonstrate genuineness. On the exception of accampanying dependent older that 18 (16yr for Quebec), if the POF is significantly not strong, a sole application is well in-place. HT is also not far-fetched.

There is no implication for filing a family application if the requiremnts are met satisfactorily. POF and HT are the major obstructions but its possibly met.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hey ericksen, is there any update on ur application since medical passed? MAY applicant.

ericksen:
You guys should not believe the rumour that it takes time for QLIFE to upload medical results. I did mine on Friday (31/07/20) last week and my profile was updated yesterday (05/08/20).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Has any May applicant in the house received AIP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ucy12:
Greetings to y'all Nairalanders! I've been a silent follower of this thread even before joining. You guys are doing a great job here, I must confess.
I need advice from these great experts here, please.

* Second timer for Study Permit (had a rejection last year2019 June ending on 3 grounds of the 216(1) of the IRPR: Purpose of visit, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status). Biometrics was done last year.

* I won two scholarships: one exempts me from paying as an international student: so my fee is 2k+CAD like Canadian citizens; the other is a 5k CAD faculty welcome scholarship I won, to be paid cash upon resumption and registration in Québec.

* My programme is a PhD in Université Laval QUÉBEC. I did my BA in UI Ibadan (2,1) and my Masters in France (2.1 equivalent).

* My sponsor is my brother-in-law ( sitting Registrar of a Federal University here in Nigeria) who gave me a SOA of about 7m Naira balance, and myself (2.6 m Naira balance salary account). I indicated my wife's support (a lecturer) in my SOP but didn't present her as sponsor.

* Repackaged and reapplied online with a strong SOP on July 8th (Eligibility and background checks from the next day July 9) and no updates till now. No AIP, no medical request. My Resumption is August 31st and I'm a bit worried because of time but much hopeful.

Abeg Nairalanders, make una put mouth for this matter. What are my hopes of having the SP this time and what do I do because of the time factor? Already chosen and registered my courses but yet to receive my bills to pay. Just two weeks to go ooo!

NB: I had only the exemption scholarship last year and it was retained after I deferred to this year. I got the additional 5k CAD scholarship this year.
Thank so much for your inputs, Nairalanders. May God bless us all!

Hello Ucy12,

Since you will be taking online studies, there is still time for you to plead with your school for a little bit before considering the option to defer for the second time. You must also pray not to lose your scholarship and award.

Your application seems good. You may want to request for your notes. This you should have done before this time in order to know if you've passed eligibility. This enables you to easily blend comfortably well with the online studies without too much worries.

Only the VO knows the fate of the application but I hope it comes successful.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
LordAA:
Good morning everyone.

Please I have few questions regarding my study permit application.

1. In the Tuition/Room and board section, should I put the fees for one year or fees for 2 years? (I am going for a 2 year program)

2. Is NYSC regarded as a military service? I saw a question if one served in any military or para military units.

3. My sponsor will transfer my POF from a joint account with his wife. Does the wife also need to write a letter of sponsorship?

Thank you all as I wait for your response.

@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@Naijaforeigner
@Lekiboboe

Hello LordAA,

To your questions:

1. One year

2. Its a paramilitary

3. Since its a joint account, the spouse also needs to give a consent letter attesting to the
( arrangement and) agreement with her husband for the purpose of the fund transfer.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
Temidayo8630:
Hello,good morning my people
i’m new here
please can you recommend some good colleges in canada where i can obtain an Msc Course based degree

cc
@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@Naijaforeigner
@Lekiboboe

Hello Temidayo8630,

Couple of pages back have the information you seek.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
chichi93:
Hi guys! So I applied for gcms notes on the 5th Via applygcms and it was quite insightful though I can’t explain the meaning of most terms and codes. Received it yesterday.
Timeline:
Reapplied: June 10th
Eligibility passed on gcms: 30th June
Medicals review assigned but not started: 30th June (I submitted upfront and I noticed it has been under review since July 1st. I don’t know why)
Criminality: Passed
Information sharing: Complete, ready to be reviewed.
Original passport request assigned but not started: 30th June
AIP sent: 5th August but I received on 6th
Officers notes: previous refusal noted, rebuttal in SOP noted. Documentation adequately supports proposed study(in my own words). Eligibility passed. Final decision pending biometrics and medical result (even though the application is complete.)

So fingers crossed.

Hello Chichi93,

This gives proper clarify in regards to receiving AIP and eligibity review in about 20 days. Kindly begin to sip on something chilled. The race is close to successful.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Noms11: 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
Tohbieee:

Hi,
When did you apply?

July 8th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Noms11: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Noms11:
Hello,

Please can someone really explain what happens when the application status changes from ‘Your Action is Required’ to ‘Submitted’ and has remained like that for about two weeks.

Those that got AIP did you observe this in your accounts and what do your statuses currently show?

Thanks!

@justmellow, any thoughts on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fluxyb: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
NairaLuck:

DM let's talk. I was like you few days ago.
please I have sent you a message though I don't know if I sent it correctly though. �

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.