Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161021 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Please any one starting classes this September in University of Manitoba? Kindly reach out please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
mayored:
Hi Gurus, kindly assist.

I plan to do upfront medical after submitting my application in May with no update, school starts next month end. I hope this fine? In addition;

1. Can I also inform the VO that I now have more funds in my acct, just to strengthen my application?

2. Should I include a copy of my latest SOA as proof?

Thanks,

Pls send the updated soa to show you now have enough to support your studies and living expenses via webform. Also if you are not certain about getting a visa decision before classes starts, yiu may need to defer your admission to the next session unless if you are okay with the online classes.

I will also advise you apply for your gcms note to be certain about the status of your application if you haven't gotten an update and hold on from doing the medicals until you get the gcms note in order not to waste money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
This is a very matured response. Obviously, you are already thinking and acting like a Canadian. If we can be giving constructive criticisms probably this country would be habitable for many.

Each time I see your write-up, I always read in between the lines as if I will be examined on your post.

You earlier talked about the confirmation of the AIP from a legal person or something.

Could you please tell us more?

Thank you once again for your beautiful assistance here.

Osemigho:

Thanks for your great contribution on this thread. You have given excellent answers, but I think I need to clarify some of it.

1) Meeting the standards does not guarantee admission. It depends on the level of competition and some times departmental goals/protocols/politics.

2) There are several masters program below 15,000 cad. However, accounting programs are usually on the higher side.

3) Study permit does not come with a work permit. Both are two different things that you must not mix up. You are only allowed, not mandatory, to work 20 hrs off-campus during school session and full-time during school break. Please don’t mix things up.

4) Departments determine admission requirements. There is a general pattern of English language test exemption for Nigerians. However, you program may request it from you for certain reasons like Teaching Assistant Scholarship. Also, GRE or GMAT is usually required for business or accounting graduate program.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
SKEPTA:

I applied july 16th,got mine july 30
Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dimejalex(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Genevach:

Am still thinking university of Regina or uni of Manitoba. Have you applied??
yeah i have applied there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
SKEPTA:

yes

You're very lucky oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
Tracy2020:
Please any one starting classes this September in University of Manitoba? Kindly reach out please

I'll be able to make a decision from next week
For now , I just registered for the prep week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eightyeight: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
mayored:
Hi Gurus, kindly assist.

I plan to do upfront medical after submitting my application in May with no update, school starts next month end. I hope this fine? In addition;

1. Can I also inform the VO that I now have more funds in my acct, just to strengthen my application?

2. Should I include a copy of my latest SOA as proof?

Thanks,

I think it is smarter to request for your gcms note first. This helps you know What stage your application is in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
SKEPTA:

I applied july 16th,got mine july 30

I applied same day ooo.....no response yet. In God we trust
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
SKEPTA grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday.
Hope we're preparing for this week as biometrics resume and AIPs continue to drop.
I hope to meet some of us tomorrow at the VAC grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vslayer: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

No regret necessary at this point. You're at the right platform. So long as you're here, I see no reason why you should make further mistakes because all the information necessary for admission and visa application is available on this platform for free consumption.

In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out here for professional assistan
It will end in praise.

Please oo.. Does Algonquin College require ielts from Nigerians. Is there anyone doing this program Food and Nutrition Management in that school.

Since it's 1yr program what is the chance of PGWP there. Please help �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bbclue(f): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
It been months... how are you all doing. I can see frankrobben hand .kudos.

.please some people have been sending me mails concerning SOP and arrangement of documents...am very much busy..from next month I will be available to reply back...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hello all,

Please do I have to use the three names I used on my SP application for ordering GCMS notes as I was only asked First name and Family name on their website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
philonyx:
Hello all,

Please do I have to use the three names I used on my SP application for ordering GCMS notes as I was only asked First name and Family name on their website

i think the first name and family name is okay. the application number will take care of the rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

i think the first name and family name is okay. the application number will take care of the rest.

Where did you fill application number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
Happy Sunday Team, may this week bring good tidings to all hopefuls Amen.. Safe journey to everyone traveling to get their biometrics done.. May it be worth the effort in the end.. Amen

Those that have received GCMS which must be via third party, pls did u submit again to cancel the Appointment of a Representative afterwards?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by efficiency123: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Good day all,

Please guru in the house and any that can render useful advice on admission to Concordia University. Kindly assist to attend to these questions concerning the school.

Is it easy or difficult to gain admission into the school ?

Is the tuition fees of the school cost or not ?

Is the school's scholarship easy to come by or not ?

I want to apply for theavailable incoming fall admission of the school, into the Dept of Religion and Culture of Faculty of Arts Science.

Kindly advise and guide me properly less I wait time and money in applying to the school that will eventually reject my application. I have strong 2.1 in Religious Studies from one of earlier federal universities of our DEAR country. Any other advice into other universities in Canada for my master degree is highly welcome.

Thank you for anticipated favourable response. Shalom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rvpbae: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

2.1 is the Minimum Req. For M.SC , I doubt if ur CGPA is sufficient for a Masters

Ur best shot is to go for a PG. Cert/PGD program in a College

How is a PGC different from a PGD? I checked online and saw the major difference is that the certificate has lesser credits.

I've been checking various colleges for a PGD in health science ( my bsc is microbiology) but I keep seeing certificate.

Can you help out? Any course that aligns with microbiology and is at least 2years.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Okay; noted.... thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
Biometrics dates in August is gone sad argh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
librangyps:

Where did you fill application number?

It's the same as file number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taisonlee: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hello nairalanders, vac says open with limited service. Can biometrics be done?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Taisonlee:
Hello nairalanders, vac says open with limited service. Can biometrics be done?
book now before they push you to September Ending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hello everyone...please I need clarification on what I need to submit to the Visa office...

I downloaded this IMM 5483 (document checklist) form and noticed that many of the docs that were listed on nairaland [[https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575 ]] were not on the IMM 5483 form...Docs like copy of employment letter, copy of confirmation letter, applicant's statement of account, copy of family picture, copy of international passport of family members, letter of introduction from employer e.t.c WERE NOT ON THE IMM5483 form..

Abeg Which one should I follow?? Cause the list pasted on nairaland is quite long and I dont have many of the docs (but I have all the docs on the IMM5483 form)...

Also, please how will get this police character certificate??

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Toluchenko:
Hello everyone...please I need clarification on what I need to submit to the Visa office...

I downloaded this IMM 5483 (document checklist) form and noticed that many of the docs that were listed on nairaland [[https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575 ]] were not on the IMM 5483 form...Docs like copy of employment letter, copy of confirmation letter, applicant's statement of account, copy of family picture, copy of international passport of family members, letter of introduction from employer e.t.c WERE NOT ON THE IMM5483 form..

Abeg Which one should I follow?? Cause the list pasted on nairaland is quite long and I dont have many of the docs (but I have all the docs on the IMM5483 form)...

Thanks

Hello Toluchenko..

First you are to create an account on the IRCC website. You then proceed to answering series of questions on the questionnaire provided. From there , you get the forms applicable to you for download.

And for employment letter, international passport and the rest, there is an upload section for them

Employment letter and all that concerns you are to be merged together as a file and uploaded in the client information section

Statement of account ( means of proof of funds)

Just check this link and you are good to go.

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
dimejalex:
yeah i have applied there
Ok, I applied to u of Manitoba Winter.

God no go shame us

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
Tracy2020:
Same school undergraduate but Winter (January)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Toluchenko:

Thanks
@Toluchenko,

Watch the Videos in this LINK for CANADA STUDY PERMIT STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/64

As regards u not having the documents u saw in the above Nairaland link, its not compulsory u have all, the documents you should have depends on ur profile, status etc., that's why no two application is the same

The documents a single applicant will show will be quite different from the documents a married Applicant or married Applicant with kids will show, So the documents u are to show are the ones that resonates with you, same as if u are employed or not or you just concluded ur NYSC

Do check this link out for
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

Police Character Certificate is gotten @ Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos

- u are to go there with ur International Passport (Valid) & a Passport Photograph,
The price ranges from #5K to #10K

Note: Police Clearance Certificate is valid for 3-Months

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
holluville:

Hello Toluchenko..

First you are to create an account on the IRCC website. You then proceed to answering series of questions on the questionnaire provided. From there , you get the forms applicable to you for download.

And for employment letter, international passport and the rest, there is an upload section for them

Employment letter and all that concerns you are to be merged together as a file and uploaded in the client information section

Statement of account ( means of proof of funds)

Just check this link and you are good to go.

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33

Thanks a lot...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

@Toluchenko,

Watch the Videos in this LINK for CANADA STUDY PERMIT STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/64

As regards u not having the documents u saw in the above Nairaland link, its not compulsory u have all, the documents you should have depends on ur profile, status etc., that's why no two application is the same

The documents a single applicant will show will be quite different from the documents a married Applicant or married Applicant with kids will show, So the documents u are to show are the ones that resonates with you

Do check this link out for
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

Police Character Certificate is gotten @ Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos

- u are to go there with ur International Passport (Valid) & a Passport Photograph,
The price ranges from #5K to #10K

Note: Police Clearance Certificate is valid for 3-Months

Thanks a lot my bro!

For the police Character certificate parole, can I go on a Saturday? And do I need to pre-apply (online) before gojng there with my ID and passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Toluchenko:

Thanks a lot my bro!

For the police Character certificate parole, can I go on a Saturday? And do I need to pre-apply (online) before gojng there with my ID and passport?
U are welcome Honorable,
Make sure u ask questions in the forum incase u ain't clear of anything along the line u are uploading docs. , filling ur IMM forms etc., so u can be certain & sure u did not make any errors bfor submitting ur Application and Paying the app. fee

I doubt if they work on a Saturday, am not sure.
Monday - Friday is your best shot to go there.

You don't need to pre-apply online or even do anything Online,
jz go there with the above requirements

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.