Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156545 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
skull4eva:
Please how many days does it take ti get gcms note after one applys.

Hello Skull4eva,

It can take up to 30 - 45 days but that of Chichi93 came in 16 days. So, I think getting it now is somewhat fast.

All he best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Noms11:

July 8th.
I applied July 8th too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2020
Noms11:
Hello,

Please can someone really explain what happens when the application status changes from ‘Your Action is Required’ to ‘Submitted’ and has remained like that for about two weeks.

Those that got AIP did you observe this in your accounts and what do your statuses currently show?

Thanks!

Hello Noms11,

Your application have been received successfully. Thereafter, the commencement of the processing.

What is the eligibility review and background check stating?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
sarmamotors:
Submitted my Reapplication since May 23rd.No update at all. No WA o. Am tired

Send a webform to enquire about the delay. How? Google "Canadian webform" or yiu apply for your gcms note which takes 30days but might be lower depending on the amount of gcms applications on ground.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
MadeMan01:

Thanks @Anon123.
Like how long will it take to reflect on my profile?
How will I know if Q-Life has sent it.
I'm going for biometrics on Monday August 24
4 working days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Noms11: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Noms11,

Your application have been received successfully. Thereafter, the commencement of the processing.

What is the eligibility review and background check stating?

All the best

Applied July 8th

We are processing your background check... a day or two after.

24th July - We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility... ( Then status began to show ‘Your Action Required’ I guess Cos of pending biometrics)

8th August - Status changed to ‘Submitted’. It’s been like that since then!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
Olashore09:
I have 8m in my company account and I want to move it to my personal account. How can I explain that and which proof can I provide?

Just take a screen shot of the transfer and also state that it was moved from your company account to your personal account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Sapte:
I raised a web form few days ago to know the status of my application submitted on the 19th of June and this was the response.

Good day ......

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:.

Sha I have ordered gcms note.
I think that’s a generic response everyone gets after raising a webform. Good you ordered GCMS note already , that would tell what the status is at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by flexerking(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Fgmp12:

I think that’s a generic response everyone gets after raising a webform. Good you ordered GCMS note already , that would tell what the status is at the moment.
please whats the meaning of GCMS note ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Anon123:

4 working days

Thank you for your response.
I will keep you posted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
Sapte:
I raised a web form few days ago to know the status of my application submitted on the 19th of June and this was the response.

Good day ......

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:.

Sha I have ordered gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by butterfly55(f): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
Please advice, as a bachelors degree holder in Theatre Arts, what type of masters program should I apply for in Canada?

Or should I apply for a post graduate diploma in IT courses?

Please advice anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 5:46pm On Aug 22, 2020
flexerking:
please whats the meaning of GCMS note ?
Global Case Management System and it provides detailed records of an applicant file. This is the Safest and easiest way of tracking visa application status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Skull4eva,

It can take up to 30 - 45 days but that of Chichi93 came in 16 days. So, I think getting it now is somewhat fast.

All he best
Thanks brother. I appreciate it. My application changed to submitted on monday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

Please does anyone know if visiting visa applications are being treated and if so, is it treated by the same people handling study permits? i want to put in an application for hubby as soon as possible with the hope that he can accompany me in December to at least settle down. yet to receive my study permit o but in my head i have already bought ticket. lol grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
butterfly55:
Please advice, as a bachelors degree holder in Theatre Arts, what type of masters program should I apply for in Canada?

Or should I apply for a post graduate diploma in IT courses?

Please advice anyone

Hi butterfly55,

If u want to apply for a Graduate program (M.SC or PGD/PGC), u need to go for a program that relates to ur theatre arts degree for Career Progression purpose

If u av a 2.1,
visit the links below for theatre arts Masters Program & Theatre related masters program as well , google them ,and explore their websites

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Theatre&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Cinema&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Do visit this link below to know how to craft
your Masters Admission Application well and increase your chances of getting admitted

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

If its a 2.2/3rd class,
PG. Cert is ur best Shot

Visit the link below for PG. Cert programs in Theatre related programs and the colleges offering them

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=cinema&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

Also check out
PG. Cert, Expressive Arts,
Fleming College, Ontario

https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/expressive-arts

Do take note of their Admission intakes so as to know when u can apply

Admission Intakes
Fall (September)
Winter (January)
Spring (May)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jago2016(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Greetings my fellow Nairalanders
I hope you all are staying safe? Thank God for keeping us all in good health during this pandemic era...

I would be absolutely grateful to receive every bit of suggestions and advise you give regarding this matter .

I want to apply for Masters in one of the universities in Canada that is pretty affordable (cheap) for international students.
I studied accounting and graduated with a cgpa of 4.04 in my field. I would probably be looking for a graduate program that is related to my course.
I have started researching on universities where I could run a masters program but still need the assistance of everyone here.. Things i look out for are:
1. A university that has a high acceptance rate for international students (Nigerians)

2.Affordable tuition fee ( $6000 cad - $ 15000 per year)
3. A province that has high employment rate for international students , i really need to get a job while studying

4. Also is it possible to get admitted without GRE and IELTS?

Please i would appreciate everyone’s contributions...Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
jago2016:
I hope you all are staying safe? Thank God for keeping us all in good health during this pandemic era...

I would be absolutely grateful to receive every bit of suggestions and advise you give regarding this matter .

I want to apply for Masters in one of the universities in Canada that is pretty affordable (cheap) for international students.
I studied accounting and graduated with a cgpa of 4.04 in my field. I would probably be looking for a graduate program that is related to my course.
I have started researching on universities where I could run a masters program but still need the assistance of everyone here.. Things i look out for are:
1. A university that has a high acceptance rate for international students (Nigerians)

3. A province that has high employment rate for international students , i really need to get a job while studying

1)Check out the link below for Masters in Accounting & Accounting Related programs

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

There is no acceptance rate for specific sets of International Students (whether Nigerian, Vietnamese, Philippine etc.),
once u have the requirements needed by the skool, u are good to go.

Do visit this link below to know how to craft
your Masters Admission Application well and increase your chances of getting admitted

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

2) You can determine their tuition affordability when u visit the respective school tuition fee section for International Students on their websites

3) Do await a response from the house as regards that

4) Yes it is very possible,
IELTS is not compulsory , since u come from an English Speaking Country, so u are exempted from doing IELTS,
but just in case u are opportune, Visit ur school Senate (Registrar) and request for a Letter of Confirmation of English Language Proficiency

- Check the Program Admission requirement if u need to do GRE, programs like M.BA needs you to have a GRE. Not all program needs GRE

Do await more inputs & experience response from Members in House as regards ur enquiry.

All da best!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fluxyb: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Fluxyb,

Use another browser maybe try Sarafi if Chrome or Mozilla isn't responding. Better yet, clear the cache. If it still persist, take a break and try afterwards.

All the best

Thank you very much, I have successfully uploaded all my documents now. It's to pay now that is the problem. I just learnt that I can't pay above 100dollars on my card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Processing time is 34 weeks today shocked angry cry undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fluxyb: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Spotlights:

Reason would be that the amount you could use with your Naira Mastercard has been reduced to 100usd per month.

Try other banks or get a dollar card
okay. Thank you very much for the information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
leave those people they are literally waiting for biometrics to start rolling out decisions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
Annettevoke:
Has any May applicant in the house received AIP?

No ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

This changes at any time. As from next two weeks, once biometrics capturing has fully started, the weeks will reduce.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Preshy2004: 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hello, great ones. Pls I want to find out if one can do medical without request from ircc. Because I will be going for biometric on the 1st and am going from Phc. I don't want to fly twice that is going for biometric and later going for medicals later. My boy submitted application on the 25th of june. He has gotten biometric message but no AIP and medical request yet. I don't want a situation whereby when asked for medical one has to fly down to Lagos again for the medical. So I am thinking if it is possible to do the medical at once and send it through a web form or what is the best way. Because I am optimistic that by God's grace he will be given an approval. Pls I need your advice Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply and candid advice. Famly of 2 (H/W), no kids yet. I'm traveling alone, she'd join me later via visitor or open work permit visa.
I actually didn't meet up with the 11k CAD living expenses for Québec last year. Had just less than a million naira savings and no additional award, thought my sponsor's SOA would cover . This time reapplied for CAQ and Letter dropped from Quebec before I applied on July 8.
Didn't include extended family landed properties cos they're not documented. I personally have none now, only non documented ones in my village.
Thanks once again.

fratermathy:

I'll advise that you order your GCMS notes immediately to know your current standing.

PhD students seldom have study permit refusals due to purpose of study. In your case, it seems you were unable to show proof of Quebec living expenses of 13,000 CAD per year. Note that at the PhD level, VOs prefer self-sponsorship or scholarship than third party sponsorship. Your brother-in-law is not a strong sponsor. Maybe your wife may be better. Another factor that complicates your application is whether you'll go with your family. If so, you'll need more proof of funds. If not, you have to convince the VO that they'll be catered for. It may help if you list some landed assets that you own or that is owned by your family, immediate or extended.

Until we have your complete profile, we can only guess. You should raise a webform and order your GCMS notes ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
jago2016:

1) All universities accept international students as long as you meet their acceptance requirements and standards.

2) no masters program has that range of tuition fees. Its from 24k upwards.

3) a study permit comes along with a work permit therefore its mandatory as an international student ,you must be working.. You can consider ontario.

4) Neither IELTS nor GRE is required for admissions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
Preshy2004:
Hello, great ones. Pls I want to find out if one can do medical without request from ircc. Because I will be going for biometric on the 1st and am going from Phc. I don't want to fly twice that is going for biometric and later going for medicals later. My boy submitted application on the 25th of june. He has gotten biometric message but no AIP and medical request yet. I don't want a situation whereby when asked for medical one has to fly down to Lagos again for the medical. So I am thinking if it is possible to do the medical at once and send it through a web form or what is the best way. Because I am optimistic that by God's grace he will be given an approval. Pls I need your advice Thank you

Yes you can do do a medicals without a request from IRCC but you need to book for the medicals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ucy12,

Since you will be taking online studies, there is still time for you to plead with your school for a little bit before considering the option to defer for the second time. You must also pray not to lose your scholarship and award.

Your application seems good. You may want to request for your notes. This you should have done before this time in order to know if you've passed eligibility. This enables you to easily blend comfortably well with the online studies without too much worries.

Only the VO knows the fate of the application but I hope it comes successful.

All the best

Thanks so much , JustMellow. I really appreciate your candid suggestions and advice.
From the look of things, it appears I could even start online classes before my bill drops. And from resumption I think we all have about 3 weeks or so within which we must pay our fees. Is it reason enough for me to relax and wait for the outcome?
Just like you indicated, I would still find it difficult to concentrate with studies without knowing the outcome of my SP.
Note: I didn't do PCC because of lockdown et al, hope this won't be an issue. Though they indicated that I don't need submit other document, that they are complete.
Step in bro and throw more light.
Thanks so much in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by butterfly55(f): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
Thank you so much for your response. God bless you.

Lekiboboe:

Hi butterfly55,

If u want to apply for a Graduate program (M.SC or PGD/PGC), u need to go for a program that relates to ur theatre arts degree for Career Progression purpose

If u av a 2.1,
visit the links below for theatre arts Masters Program & Theatre related masters program as well, google them ,and explore their websites

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Theatre&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Cinema&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

If its a 2.2/3rd class,
PG. Cert is ur best Shot

Visit the link below for PG. Cert programs in Theatre related programs and the colleges offering them

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=cinema&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

Also check out
Thank you so much!!

PG. Cert, Expressive Arts,
Fleming College, Ontario
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/expressive-arts

Do take note of their Admission intakes so as to know when u can apply

Admission Intakes
Fall (September)
Winter (January)
Spring (May)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2020
[quote author=butterfly55 post=93112417][/quote] u are welcome @butterfly55

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.