Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1158865 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2020
ConradAce1:

Let him worship them. People have paid fees and are now getting rejections after AIP. Not everyone would get their full tuition refunded.
Imagine $1k deducted tuition x 300k students who get refusal = $300M gotten from international students.
Not to talk of those who paid full tuition & won’t get a dime because they didn’t apply for a refund within that specific time frame ??

It really amazes me how people view Canada and their immigration strategy as self righteous people. These are all tricks used in a very strategic manner yet professional way, albeit people are blinded folded to agree on it. Its only a matter of few days or weeks from now, IRCC will begin exhibiting what they have been cooking up for quite a long time. The immigration process of Canada is not for the faint-hearted, so one has to fully prepared for any outcome that arises.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2020
oma22:

So why can’t IRCC do that? Because they are God abi wetin? Our slave man mentality is too much, the way we see white folks as perfect or they can do no wrong. The way some people will say “IRCC cannot do this” or “how can IRCC do that” like say they be God. If the same where to be said about Nigeria you all will believe. Frank is right! They dangle this AIP in our faces so people can go ahead and start school and yet put the clause that “they will let you know of the final decision(approval or denial), infact some people are getting AIP in 3 days! 3 days oo!! All of a suden Canada that takes 4months to process visa on a normal day dey give approval under 3 days this period they are understaffed. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but e go shock a lot of people. Wait till you get your full approval! Defer your studies, don’t take the bait! Frank is right! This is a bait! Canada makes a lot of money from international students and they are not above baiting people to pay fees to improve economy. The way u people think this people can do no wrong is funny. You better believe it, this is a bait! We all dey here, let’s watch and see.

Well said Sis!

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2020
As for me and my house, they won't see one naira until I get full approval.

Frankrobbn1:

It really amazes me how people view Canada and their immigration strategy as self righteous people. These are all tricks used in a very strategic manner yet professional way, albeit people are blinded folded to agree on it. Its only a matter of few days or weeks from now, IRCC will begin exhibiting what they have been cooking up for quite a long time. The immigration process of Canada is not for the faint-hearted, so one has to fully prepared for any outcome that arises.

It will end in praise.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise.
Actually this is like a test between IRCC & International students, and no one knows the final outcome of things even after getting AIP and both parties don't want to be on the loosing end

But something came to my mind based on a response of the international director of my school in Canada,

What if the IRCC are monitoring the students that will start online before they issue visas?

Cos it’s possible they may not issue any visa this early September & they are just Waiting to see evidence that students have started online classes before issuing visas.

He said that;

If you have applied for the Visa and have not received any decision as yet, you need to wait till September 15 for AIP (Stage One Visa Approval) to be issued.

If you receive an AIP by September 15, you need to then register immediately and start your program online as we are expecting IRCC to ask you for a proof of registration for September 2020 program before they issue Stage Two Final Visa Approval. If you DO NOT receive any decision by September 15, you need to defer your intake to January 2021

To the bolded @everyone, what's your take on this?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Actually this is like a test between IRCC & International students, and no one knows the final outcome of things even after getting AIP and both parties don't want to be on the loosing end

But something came to my mind based on a response of the international director of my school in Canada,

What if the IRCC are monitoring the students that will start online before they issue visas?

Cos it’s possible they may not issue any visa this early September & they are just Waiting to see evidence that students have started online classes before issuing visas.

He said that;

If you have applied for the Visa and have not received any decision as yet, you need to wait till September 15 for AIP (Stage One Visa Approval) to be issued.

If you receive an AIP by September 15, you need to then register immediately and start your program online as we are expecting IRCC to ask you for a proof of registration for September 2020 program before they issue Stage Two Final Visa Approval. If you DO NOT receive any decision by September 15, you need to defer your intake to January 2021

"We are expecting IRCC to ask you for a proof of registration for September 2020 program before they issue State Two Final Visa Approval".

From the excerpt it appears that the international director of your proposed school in Canada is NOT definite about the next steps to be taken by IRCC. I would suggest that you should wait until CIC news have been published this week, so you can be aware of the future action to take in regards to course registration.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

"We are expecting IRCC to ask you for a proof of registration for September 2020 program before they issue State Two Final Visa Approval".

From the excerpt it appears that the international director of your proposed school in Canada is NOT definite about the next steps to be taken by IRCC.

It will end in praise.
Exactly..... looks more like a speculation, probably if there is a certainty about it, they would av inform the general public (international student)

Also @frankrobbn1, what is it about this SEPTEMBER 15

Cos lot's of school keep mentioning it, is it a deadline for FALL 2020 to get a decision?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Exactly..... looks more like a speculation, probably if there is a certainty about it, they inform the general public.

Also @frankrobbn1, what is it about this SEPTEMBER 15.

Cos lot's of school keep mentioning it, is it a deadline for FALL 2020 to get a decision?

SEPTEMBER 15 as it's incessantly been announced by IRCC is the stipulated date when all study permit applications for the fall 2020 intake will come to a close and the visa officer will begin dishing out responses to international students. Any application submitted after this verified date will not be considered for the Approval-in-Principle starting fall 2020. Please be advised that it's not a deadline for FALL 2020 to get a decision. Also note that it is not every application that will meet up for the Fall 2020, some applicants will have to defer their admissions to the next available intake as IRCC will not be capable of processing the entire applications received by their office.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2020
This shows not even the school knows what the outcome of a SP would be.
They needed money while you're in haste too.

Frankrobbn1:

From the excerpt it appears that the international director of your proposed school in Canada is NOT definite about the next steps to be taken by IRCC. I would suggest that you should wait until CIC news have been published this week, so you can be aware of the future action to take in regards to course registration.

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anndav(f): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2020
Thanks.
]NO 2
For those looking to Passport return from VAC, I just saw this now and decided to share. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:04am On Sep 01, 2020
Spotlights:

I'm glad you're doing your personal research with respect to the "AIP" and "course registration without final approval". This is a very brief warning and explanation which I believe should be sufficient for an intelligent person in and outside of this platform.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I'm glad you're doing your personal research with respect to the "AIP" and "course registration without final approval". This is a very brief warning and explanation which I believe should be sufficient for an intelligent person in and outside of this platform.

It will end in praise.

I had to defer the admission even after getting Medical request letter.
Awaiting medical to be uploaded since done on 27th August..

Eligibility check still on blablabla

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2020
The embassy works with the bank statement you send to them. There is no way they can check your balance to confirm with the bank statement you sent. I asked a friend who works at access if they do that for third party he said no. Godspeed to your application.
dommakavelli:
Absolutly no! Don't send a new bank statement. If the VO needs any additional document, they will ask for it. Don't complicate things for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2020
Chief did you cancel and reapply online?
Tomitomeroo:
yes it was, February 24

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2020
Spotlights:

This is perfectly the best move. You're such a clever person to have made that decision. I'm of high optimism that it will turn out well in your application.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:28am On Sep 01, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello @frankrobbn.

I did upfront medicals and submitted my appliction since July 14. Up till now my medicals has still not reflected despite several emails and web forms attaching the e medical slip.You said not to send any more of these so I am anxiously waiting for my CIC log in page to be updated. I already have AIP since August 5. Do I need to order GCMS notes for this as previously suggested by another moniker?

While researching, i read that during stage 2 of the approval process (having now done biometrics), they will check if there has been a change in your eligibilty from when your AIP was initially issued. So with the Naira appreciating against the dollar, hubby decided to liquidate all his investments and monies in Naira accounts, purchased dollars and kept in his dorm account. Now wondering if there will be a problem if they look into my proof of funds again in Stage 2 only to realise that there are no monies in the statements i submitted with my application (although research and enquiries again shows that they cant check past the last date of the statement submitted with your application hence they can never know your account balance as at today). My qstn is if I should be proactive in sending them a new bank statement of the dorm account reflecting the dollars purchased and deposited or I should wait until they ask for an updated statement? I read in previous page that a lot of times the Nigerian embassy here stil looks into proof of funds after the study permit has been issued and before PPR hence my qstn

Finally, can you kindly direct me to the link for how to secure admission for phd? this is not for me but for a friend

Many thanks

Can you also kindly advise

Order for your GCMS note in two (2) weeks time to know the current status of your application since you've gotten an AIP and have already completed your biometrics enrollment.

It is really not much of an issue if you hubby has transferred his funds from Naira to his dorm account. My instincts tells me that your application has gone pass the funds review (Bank statement verification). If the embassy eventually request for an updated statement from you, you can send the dollar account to them and provide a brief explanation as to the source of funds and/or why the transfer of funds to dollar. Above all, I wouldn't advise you to proactively send the dorm account when they (IRCC) haven't requested for it.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thermodynamics(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2020
Hello house, I have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, I want to apply for a MSc degree in scientific computing (IT area).

What are my chances of getting the admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

This is perfectly the best move. You're such a clever person to have made that decision. I'm of high optimism that it will turn out well in your application.

It will end in praise.

Thanks sir.
Thanks for always been there for us!
More knowledge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2020
Thermodynamics:
Hello house, I have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, I want to apply for a MSc degree in scientific computing (IT area).

What are my chances of getting the admission?
Hi Thermodynamics,

They are somehow unrelated,
except you go for a Masters Program that has a Collaboration of Mech. Engineering & Computing, also if probably you have work experience in the I.T industry, u can stand chance

Why not check out a Masters in Artificial Intelligence and look for a Way it relates to Mechanical Engineering.

Schools offering Masters in Artificial Intelligence
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Artificial+Intelligence&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Since Software are used for Mechanical Engineering design, you can also find a way to look how you can relate it together (Mech eng. & Computing)

Schools offering Masters in Software Engineering
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Software+Development&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Also Your CGPA (2nd Class Upper Minimum) and success in getting a Supervisor for ur thesis-based M.SC program will increase your chance in getting the Admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2020
Spotlights:

Exactly the school themselves are in a confused state.

It would have bin nice if IRCC carry Canadian DLI's along and Everyone (international Student, DLI's & IRCC) will eventually be happy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Exactly the school themselves are in a confused state.

It would have bin nice if IRCC carry Canadian DLI's along and Everyone (international Student, DLI's & IRCC) will eventually be happy

Exactly! But just because of the secrecy in treatment of application!
A consular would just do anyhow and refuse.
Since I have known the VOs to be crazy was when a brother of mine applied with his dad to attend a conference in Canada, upon getting his passport he saw a refusal note in it where as he was granted Visa LOL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taiwolus: 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
I have researched and one question remain unanswered.

My 12 months masters program that starts this fall have been moved completely online due to COVID-19. Do I still need to apply for a Study Permit to be eligible for the PGWP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Johlek: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
ConradAce1:

Let him worship them. People have paid fees and are now getting rejections after AIP. Not everyone would get their full tuition refunded.
Imagine $1k deducted tuition x 300k students who get refusal = $300M gotten from international students.
Not to talk of those who paid full tuition & won’t get a dime because they didn’t apply for a refund within that specific time frame ??

Well, I think the restlessness is creeping in as a result of waiting so long for update and final decision. While the internet has numerous benefits which many of us has benefitted from in one way or the other, it is also rife with farce and sham news which the aim of the perpetrators is not farfetched.

This document that claims that a receiver of AIP was denied has been circulated from one platform to the other and many have claimed it to be largely doctored. This claim holds water since we are yet to see any other such occurrence. So do not say that many have paid fees after getting AIP and are now getting rejection. It won't be surprising that it's just one of the umpteenth fake documents online—one with basic knowledge of htmls could come up with something like that even the one showing rejection without biometrics. I'm not asserting that these documents are fake, try to listen to what I am not saying.

Tellingly, IRCC might be delaying sending out final decisions until a chunk of people who are yet to enroll for the biometrics do so; a measure that would align with the current battle against the novel Covid-19. As it has been iterated on this platform, AIPs and medical requests are major plusses and if you're yet to get one, keep the hope alive.

I believe it is important to stay calm at this moment and see how everything pans out instead of trying to predict what may not exist. Some applicants have waited since January, it's just 14days to September 15th and staying unperturbed despite the rumors would greatly help everyone.

Let us be calming down. May the month be fulfilling by God's grace.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been following this channel for sometime now... I have a few urgent questions.

I would like to know if anyone has tried to pay for tuition recently. I need to pay around 9,000 CAD for Lambton college for the first semester. I can see on Access Bank Western Union page that there is a sending limit of 1000 USD for each customer per quarter, does this apply to university fees as well?

Also, who has used Flywire, how does it work?

In summary, how can i process my fee payment within the next week as the deadline is fast approaching.

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
Pls How did you Differ ur Admission pls I also want to Differ my Admission as well pls nd zpls
Spotlights:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
Londonboi7960:
Pls How did you Differ ur Admission pls I also want to Differ my Admission as well pls nd zpls

Just send a mail to your school that you want to defer your admission whilst your SP application is in process!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Informanta: 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
femzyacess:
Bro i feel your pain.. Online studies however dont count towards EE have that in Mind.... IRCC is taking Piss on all applicants simple

Canadian certificate as a master's holder is a strong boost towards the application, apart from the points gathered and selection from the pool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BiggestAmaju: 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
I submitted a complete application with upfront medical since April 1. Background Check, Eligibility review and review of medicals has been on since May. I got AIP August 6 with no changes in the check and reviews. Course start date is Sept 8. I see other's medical review completed within days of submission. The wait hasn't been easy. Thinking of deferring till January start date. I have however applied for GCMS note and still waiting. Deferment might be the next best alternative. Don't know if anyone is in same boat. Online submission anyway.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lighthousearc: 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
This AIP thingy eeh you're on your own ooo, no follow mouth and no follow crowd....No one is paying anyone's tuition here and nobody sabi pass.

BUT FOR ME! i rather defer, get a rejection or approval with my money intact than play 50/50 chances with my AIP when Fanshawe College clearly stated i'm not allowed to start online classes without my SP because they won't refund if for any reason I get denied.

I'm just gonna sit and watch how this AIP thingy unfolds.....Highest if na rejection i have my cash intact na to reapply or stay back in Europe than make person dey tell me eeyah sorry oo.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by femzyacess: 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2020

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
Has anyone gotten or knows anyone that has gotten passport request recently?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

He said that;

Those guys are playing advanced mafia with people. Then why reject later after issuing an AIP. I won’t advice anyone to enroll and kick off with classes. The schools are saying they will refund. We shall people calling and hanging on their neck when the time comes.

Start school and they later issue a denial after you have paid fees? Everything is just in the wind.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fortuneforever: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
I defered my admission thanks to my husband's advice cos he knew I couldn't handle the pressure of waiting for an outcome from ircc but I admire the bravery of everyone that went ahead life is all about risk. By God's grace it will end in your favor!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.