Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155417 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hamilah11(f): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2020
Hi guys. [b]This post is to give hope to those with AIP. [/b]Below is my profile:
Applied July 25
Received AIP August 5
Received Medical Request August 6
Passed Medicals August 14

After doing my medicals, I started seeing posts here on how the AIP might be a scam and a way for Canada to collect our money because it was so frequent then. Apparently now, it seems refusals are more. This was why I decided to apply for my gcms notes so that I can be sure. My classes were starting online in September and I already took a risk of paying my fees. I couldnt defer because the next term for my course is Fall 2021.

Applied for gcms notes on August 23
Biometrics August 28
Received notes September 16

I've attached the notes to this post and apparently it shows eligibility passed. I applied for the notes before doing my biometrics which was why it hasnt reflected in the notes.
Though I want to ask if there is anyone familiar with the notes that can explain what that 2023 date means and also the remark stated.
I also noticed in the notes that an original passport request correspondence has been created since the day my AIP was sent. Apparently because of covid and probably because I havent done my biometrics then, it hasnt been sent to me.
Also note that I applied with an agent. I didnt know anything about study permit when i applied so they assisted a lot. Though I wrote my SOP myself and it was very strong. This is also to encourage those that applied with agents. Not all of them are bad.

I wish everyone success. I hope this relieves someone. Sorry for the long post.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2020
Why rejections yakpa like this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2020
I gave my biometrics on the 4th of Sept.

List of documents submitted includes
Bank acc statement (5.5m)
My tuition for my 1 year prog is 9666cad (not paid yet)
4 months payslip (salary of 230k monthly)
Employment letter
Promotion letter
Pension acc of over 1m
My current position is an executive asst while I applied for a masters in HR (but I explained that I was about to be promoted to HR in my cover letter and I have professional certification in HR)
no study leave letter as I do not want to inform my place of work yet
no landed properties
sole sponsor

Lekiboboe:

Hi sleekcheek,

The text from this GCM note by the VO looks inconclusive

Did you do BIOMETRICS?

Do share your Profile (list documents you submitted for this application)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:40am On Sep 16, 2020
chloe3:
Hello house, please help, my brother was refused Visa.
He ordered for his GCMS note and discovered he was refused. His refusal reasons are in the image.

Diploma!!!! No na.. This won't work. You should have gone for a PGD in similar course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2020
chloe3:

Thank you very much for your response. The program he applied for is actually a postgraduate certificate course. He said that while filling his SP forms that he was asked what certificate to be obtained after his study in Canada, but there was no postgraduate diploma on the option drop down on the forms, so he just selected the Diploma that was there since he was not going for a master's, PHD or a degree program. He clearly stated it on his LOA that he wanted to advance his career that and the company also said on there letter that he will be advance/promoted upon completion of his study because they are willing to retain him. He also said he didn't submit his ID card, bank statement or payslip because his payment was not regular and most at time his boss pay him from his own account.

CHAI!!!!! Error.. Should have asked though. Theres PGD in the drop down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 9:48am On Sep 16, 2020
please drop timeline too
sleekcheek:

Employment letter
Promotion letter
Pension acc of over 1m
My current position is an executive asst while I applied for a masters in HR (but I explained that I was about to be promoted to HR in my cover letter and I have professional certification in HR)
no landed properties
sole sponsor

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2020
drop timeline
chloe3:
Hello house, please help, my brother was refused Visa.
He ordered for his GCMS note and discovered he was refused. His refusal reasons are in the image.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2020
chloe3:

Thank you very much for your response. The program he applied for is actually a postgraduate certificate course. He said that while filling his SP forms that he was asked what certificate to be obtained after his study in Canada, but there was no postgraduate diploma on the option drop down on the forms, so he just selected the Diploma that was there since he was not going for a master's, PHD or a degree program. He clearly stated it on his LOA that he wanted to advance his career that and the company also said on there letter that he will be advance/promoted upon completion of his study because they are willing to retain him. He also said he didn't submit his ID card, bank statement or payslip because his payment was not regular and most at time his boss pay him from his own account.
Really, if you were aware when he was filling the form, he should have asked you and then relate the Question in the forum

Yes, there is no PG.Cert in the drop down options.
Since he was going for a PG.Cert, what he ought to have selected is College Certificate not Diploma. So his selection in the IMM(SP form) has contradicted his LOA (PG.Cert.).

He should have submitted his ID Card , that would have also complimented the letter the organization gave him.

I would assume his Sponsor would be be his Dad or Mum, or Sibling since he didn't upload his bank statement due to the irregular payment he gets from the organization he works.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2020
applied may 3rd

Annettevoke:
please drop timeline too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2020
Tonyodg:
nawa for them
big wa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:04am On Sep 16, 2020
22nd August
Tonyodg:
i am so sorry about this I hope you get it on your next trial
Please when did you apply for this notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
big wa
notes can drop real soon
Still hopeful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:06am On Sep 16, 2020
i am 27
Minah2020:

Awwwwn I am so so sorry about the refusal.. I will like to know, at what age did you apply for the sp?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2020
Did you get AIP, or medical request?
sleekcheek:
applied may 3rd

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2020
sleekcheek:

Employment letter
Promotion letter
Pension acc of over 1m
no landed properties
sole sponsor

From my own point of view,

Relating the text in your GCM note to your Profile

- You did stated "no landed properties",
But You seem not to show any Hometies here ,most especially Family Ties - your Parents (Marriage certificate if any or their Birth Certificate , Sibling's (birth certificate) and/or if you are married.

- Did you also give future job prospects and organization you might likely work in Nigeria in your SOP

- The Economic Ties
I feel they discovered you didn't carry your workplace along with your application, cos no study leave letter, and that didn't even corroborate the explanation of that sentence which you said "i was about to be promoted to HR" in your cover letter. It might look not genuine to the VISA Officer.

And it would have suffice if it was your workplace that wrote that letter which you stated you were about to be promoted.

- POF
5.5 million looks too exact for a Proof Of Funds,

Cos calculating your
tuition of $9666 CAD to Naira Its around 2.8 Million Naira

Living Expenses of $10,000 - that's like 2.9 million

Which is altogether around 5.9 million Naira, approximately 6 Million Naira

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2020
Applied July 6th
review of eligibility started 1st week of august, shortly after AIP rain.
GCMS notes show eligibility failed 27th July grin
submitted bio metrics 24th august
medicals 28th August.

Proof of funds was solid 3 times the required amount for both living and tuition expenses
4 landed properties shown
father was sponsor, with affidavit of support, sponsor letter, payslips, CV, Id card
All family members here in Nigeria
i submitted employment letter, transcripts, certificates, SOP stating my study/career plan for 5 -10 years above.

NwanyiOkpa:

please when did you apply? and what's your full profile?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2020
So sorry about your refusal.

Was it an online or paper application?

Did you receive AIP or Medical request?

sleekcheek:
applied may 3rd

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2020
Annettevoke:
drop timeline
June 6th application submitted,
June7th biometrics letter,
September 10th biometrics
Requested GCMS note on August 20th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Really, if you were aware when he was filling the form, he should have asked you and then relate the Question in the forum

Yes, there is no PG.Cert in the drop down options.
Since he was going for a PG.Cert, what he ought to have selected is College Certificate not Diploma. So his selection in the IMM(SP form) has contradicted his LOA (PG.Cert.).

He should have submitted his ID Card , that would have also complimented the letter the organization gave him.

I would assume his Sponsor would be be his Dad or Mum, or Sibling since he didn't upload his bank statement due to the irregular payment he gets from the organization he works.

He just confirmed now, what he selected was not Diploma instead College certificate. His sponsor is our sister who is in USA and also a citizen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Applied July 6th
medicals 28th August.

Proof of funds was solid 3 times the required amount for both living and tuition expenses
father was sponsor, with affidavit of support, sponsor letter, payslips, CV, Id card
i submitted employment letter, transcripts, certificates, SOP stating my study/career plan for 5 -10 years above.

Wow! So you got AIP and medical request, completed your medicals and still failed eligibility?

Or you got just AIP and did medical without medical request?

Please kindly clarify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Applied July 6th
medicals 28th August.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2020
Sanovsky007:
Applied July 6th
medicals 28th August.

quite unfortunate mehn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2020
I just sent a webform trying to tackle most of their concerns. If it does not fly I will repackage my application by getting more funds, stronger SOP, promotion letter from company. For family ties I am not married and have no kids so I will work on proving how close I am to my siblings and my dad.

Thanks a lot for your comment

Lekiboboe:

From my own point of view,

Relating the text in your GCM note to your Profile

- You did stated "no landed properties",
But You seem not to show any Hometies here ,most especially Family Ties - your Parents (Marriage certificate if any or their Birth Certificate , Sibling's (birth certificate) and/or if you are married.

- Did you also give future job prospects and organization you might likely work in Nigeria in your SOP

- The Economic Ties
I feel they discovered you didn't carry your workplace along with your application, cos no study leave letter, and that didn't even corroborate the explanation of that sentence which you said "i was about to be promoted to HR" in your cover letter. It might look not genuine to the VISA Officer.

And it would have suffice if it was your workplace that wrote that letter which you stated you were about to be promoted.

- POF
5.5 million looks too exact for a Proof Of Funds,

Cos calculating your
tuition of CAD to Naira Its around 2.8 Million Naira

Living Expenses of - that's like 2.9 million

Which is altogether around 5.9 million Naira, approximately 6 Million Naira

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2020
Hi guys. This post is to give hope to those with AIP. Below is my profile:
Applied July 25
Received AIP August 5
Received Medical Request August 6
Passed Medicals August 14

After doing my medicals, I started seeing posts here on how the AIP might be a way for Canada to fraud students because it was so frequent then. Apparently now, it seems refusals are more. This was why I decided to apply for my gcms notes so that I can be sure. My classes were starting online in September and I already took a risk of paying my fees. I couldnt defer because the next term for my course is Fall 2021.

Applied for gcms notes on August 23
Biometrics August 28
Received notes September 16
I've attached the notes to this post and apparently it shows eligibility passed. I applied for the notes before doing my biometrics which was why it hasnt reflected in the notes.
Though I want to ask if there is anyone familiar with the notes that can explain what that 2023 date means and also the remark stated.
I also noticed in the notes that an original passport request correspondence has been created since the day my AIP was sent. Apparently because of covid and probably because I haven't done my biometrics then, it hasnt been sent to me.

I wish everyone success. I hope this relieves someone. Sorry for the long post.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2020
librangyps:

Wow! So you got AIP and medical request, completed your medicals and still failed eligibility?

Or you got just AIP and did medical without medical request?

Please kindly clarify.

did she say that she got AIP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vosquare: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2020
Anon123:

Woow.. The bolded is an issue here
How?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

did she say that she got AIP?

I saw AIP rain somewhere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2020
Halimah1 congratulations!

from where did you get your gcms note? I wonder why buddy is taking too long
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:46am On Sep 16, 2020
sleekcheek:
I just sent a webform trying to tackle most of their concerns. If it does not fly I will repackage my application by getting more funds, stronger SOP, promotion letter from company. For family ties I am not married and have no kids so I will work on proving how close I am to my siblings and my dad.

Thanks a lot for your comment

You are welcome ma'am

All da best!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2020
librangyps:

I saw AIP rain somewhere

yes but she didn't say she got.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:48am On Sep 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

yes but she didn't say she got.

Ok o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2020
Sanovsky007:
i am 27
Ohhh okay..
It is well and all will end with praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58