Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1157272 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jaysberry: 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
Dear GreatMage, i also applied to College of North Atlantic this September 2020 for spring 2021 but i only received a mail from them confirming that my online application has been received. no further instruction as to details of how i will be sending the official transcript and other documentations. please i need to confirm if u applied this year 2020. thank you.
GreatMage:
I am applying to College of North Atlantic and I have paid my application fee and filled details but they told me to mail my official transcript and documents to them...
Please with this travel ban and all...
How will I do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
Sapte:
Save your money and apply for a post graduate certificate program or post graduate diploma. I was refused on the same ground

please which site did you use just a name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
August 22

Sanovsky007:
when did you apply for you notes?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
Get GCMS

Tonyodg:
please which site did you use just a name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thank you Luckymama

Luckymama:

So sorry about this. It’s a good thing you now have your GCMS notes. You will be able to repackage and a better application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
I applied same day with gc..buddy, still yet to get a response. Reassess your application and try again, it will work in your favor.
Sapte:
August 22

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Onweke:

Have you received ?

God remember us today o

not yet oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
Sapte:
Alot of things were wrong with my application.

Home ties - I applied with my hubby and kids

Career progression - I went for undergraduate admission instead of masters

Proof of fund - I used an uncle instead of my hubby.

These were the three major reasons.

But I will get it right by Gods grace, already applied for mastera admission.

quote author=NwanyiOkpa post=93954440]

On what grounds were you refused?

I did opposite of what you did:

I applied without hubby and kids
Masters in Business Administration.... I had Bsc Accounting with 2.1
Used Hubby and scholarship as sponsor

Yet nothing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

the thing sef tire me. i contacted their support and they are saying that i am still within the 30-35 timeline.
nawa for them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
librangyps:

Yet nothing

inside life!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2020
There is hope for you, just get your note

librangyps:

Yet nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
Please someone should help?

Urrch:
Gurus in the house please I need help

I have 3 million in my account which will go a long way for my Tuition fee. Tho I am trying to get an extra 3 million and add to the account to cover-up the living expenses.

Now my question is this:

1. Should I go ahead and use self sponsorship or I should get a letter from my parents that they are the ones that fund the account?

2. If I should use my parents as my sponsor, will I still need their statement of account? Why I ask this is because currently, my mom doesn't have any money in her account tho she is the one that transferred the 3 million to me and that the last money in her account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2020
Good day guys, please how do I request for a copy of my medical report? I did the medicals today with IOM. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
nayo10:
Good day guys, please how do I request for a copy of my medical report? I did the medicals today with IOM. Thank you
nice nice they don’t give a copy since it was requested by IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
Sapte:
Just got my GCMS notes application was refused long even before biometrics. I knew alot was wrong after going through this thread. I used an agent who didnt give the right information, he just wanted money. Told me to go for another undergraduate studies instead of masters and also apply with my family. Thank God I got to know about this thread, I will get the next one right by God's grace

Am so sorry about this news.. Please can you tell me your current status of your application?
Is your background check running? Or just eligibility review running?
Am so sorry for the rejection ones again..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2020
nayo10:

You can only get a copy of the lab report, if you did yours at IOM. To request for it, mail: IOMLagosClinicalTeam@iom.int (for Lagos) OR IOMAbujaClinicalTeam@iom.int (for Abuja). Don't forget to add your IME or UCI number when making this request.
You can also request for your eMedical proof of submission if your medical was requested and not upfront. Request via same email above.

For QLife, you can get a copy of medical report after paying an amount. I don't know the process so do well to contact QLife if you did your medicals there or someone who knows this can explain better.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Yes oh. Background and eligibility check still running since July.

(quote author=Minah2020 post=93956902]

Am so sorry about this news.. Please can you tell me your current status of your application?
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
Sapte:
Yes oh. Background and eligibility check still running since July.

(quote author=Minah2020 post=93956902]

Oh wow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hello House, I want to know if [url]Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)[/url]https://moving2canada.com/best-gic-bank-canada-student-direct-stream/ can improve the success of SP application.Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2020
It is well with you!
Kindly prepare better with the notes on your next approach and it would be successful..

Please can you share your timeline?
If AIP
If Medical Request etc

Sapte:
Just got my GCMS notes application was refused long even before biometrics. I knew alot was wrong after going through this thread. I used an agent who didnt give the right information, he just wanted money. Told me to go for another undergraduate studies instead of masters and also apply with my family. Thank God I got to know about this thread, I will get the next one right by God's grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
Applied for GCMS too using to same medium on the 22nd of august. Still no reply at all
Sanovsky007:
I applied same day with gc..buddy, still yet to get a response. Reassess your application and try again, it will work in your favor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2020
Anon123:

Ooh okay.. I dont really know much on that aspect.

Hi, could I trouble you for some advice?

I have admission for January and I want to apply with my (4) kids. People say I'm crazy for even considering that but these are some of the reasons why I think I can pull it off . ..

1. My husband is staying behind . .
2. I don't plan to travel immidiately, I plan to start my study online and continue working here, until the summer of next year.
3. PoF - 35kCAD in a Canadian Bank Grarantee certificate (Which I can only access when I arrive there); Payment of one year upfront school fees; evidence of continous (about 700k) earning between now and whenever I'm ready to relocate (Including 25% pension funds which I can access after I travel . . worth about 10kCAD).
4. Letter from my current employer stating that the degree will be an added advantage in my career prospects here in Nigeria after completion.
5. Travel history (3 of my kids were born in the US)

Of course I have the option of going first without my kids, and then requesting for them to join me later. But I will rather consider that as a Plan B.

So do you guys think I'm crazy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
Educhinedu:
Good day guys. Please I need your advice on my visa process. i got admission in Canada for another BSc in software engineering I'm currently 32 years and Im planning to start processing my visa application by December. But the issues I'm having is the sponsor who happens to be my uncle but we are not answering the same surname name. I should have gone for masters but I a have very low CGPA Which is not upto 3.0, please I'm asking based on people experience on what is the best for me right now, I have 5 years of experience in Telecommunication currently working with Huawei. Do you guys think I will be given a visa. Your advice is welcome please. God bless!!!!

Massive red flag here.. Purpose of visit might also happen here...
Pls why a bsc and not a PGD or a masters?

Since you have a low cgpa, why not a PGD ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
vosquare:

He studied elect elect and chose computer programming as his intending course. Going for diploma

Woow.. The bolded is an issue here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2020
librangyps:

Yet nothing

Business Administration and Accounting are kinda different. What was your denial reason pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2020
Yes, it can because it removes all doubts about your ability to afford the costs of your education (or at least most of it). However, it depends on if you can obtain it in the first place and also assumes that all other aspects of your SP application are carefully covered. Check out the link very well and be sure that you qualify to apply for a GIC from Nigeria (I am assuming you are a Nigerian based in-country and apply locally).

mankind5050:
Hello House, I want to know if [url]Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)[/url]https://moving2canada.com/best-gic-bank-canada-student-direct-stream/ can improve the success of SP application.Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
Urrch:
Please someone should help?

3million is not enough ... You need a co-sponsor related to you.
Anybody that will be your sponsor, you need their statement of account likewise that of a co-sponsor. If your parents are sending the 3m to your account, you will state it in your sop.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
nayo10:

After your medicals , I believe you were given a slip. That is the slip you send to IRCC via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
letskeeptalking:

Hi, could I trouble you for some advice?

I have admission for January and I want to apply with my (4) kids. People say I'm crazy for even considering that but these are some of the reasons why I think I can pull it off . ..

1. My husband is staying behind . .
2. I don't plan to travel immidiately, I plan to start my study online and continue working here, until the summer of next year.
3. PoF - 35kCAD in a Canadian Bank Grarantee certificate (Which I can only access when I arrive there); Payment of one year upfront school fees; evidence of continous (about 700k) earning between now and whenever I'm ready to relocate (Including 25% pension funds which I can access after I travel . . worth about 10kCAD).
4. Letter from my current employer stating that the degree will be an added advantage in my career prospects here in Nigeria after completion.
5. Travel history (3 of my kids were born in the US)

Of course I have the option of going first without my kids, and then requesting for them to join me later. But I will rather consider that as a Plan B.

So do you guys think I'm crazy?

Its not crazy and as a mother it shows you dont want to be away from your kids. Well . I would say dont take all of them at once but if you are insistent, you will also apply for day care schools for your kids thats if they are still young and include it in your visa application while your husband remains behind and acts as your hometies.

For the listed documents you have. I believe you are okay and good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Anon123:

3million is not enough ... You need a co-sponsor related to you.
Anybody that will be your sponsor, you need their statement of account likewise that of a co-sponsor. If your parents are sending the 3m to your account, you will state it in your sop.

Thank you.

I am getting an extra 4 million from my cousin but he will send it through my parent's account, that's a total of 7million which will cover for the 1 year PGD

With this, I don't need anybody's statement of account right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.