Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160173 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2020
Canhopeful:
@Frankrobbn1,

Please, I sent you a PM. Kindly assist me. Thanks

I can confirm to have received your PM. I will respond to your concerns shortly.

Thank you for your patience Ma.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2020
Great! Thanks very much @Frankrobbn1 as always. Please once again, I await your response to my email as usual. Thanks once again!
Frankrobbn1:

The date on the marriage certificate doesn't have any impact on the credibility or genuineness of your marriage. You need to include other supporting documents like traditional wedding photos, the marriage licence from the church or mosque etc. to substantiate your claims.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Priceless200(f): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Good morning all, does anyone know about Durham College Of Applied Arts And Technology? ON.??

Got admission letter for January session, tuition total of 14,000 CAD and part payment of 8000+ CAD.. pls what next. Should I go ahead and make payment, how do I go about making payment and is it a good school.? For visa application purposes.

Also what documents should I prepare for visa application. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Akannitommy:
Great! Thanks very much @Frankrobbn1 as always. Please once again, I await your response to my email as usual. Thanks once again!

I received your email, I'll be with you shortly. I have been inundated with emails from prospective applicants over the weekend, hence my delayed response.

I'm also waiting to hear your success story soon.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dubajek: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2020
For MBA try University of Canada West.

Chimmy609:
Goodmorning everyone. My name is Anyim Godswill
Please I need your assistant and guidance.this has been giving me sleepless night, because i dont know where to start, I want to study project management or Architecture technician, I also want to apply for post graduate student visa at Canada, but I wish to know from the Gurus in the house,
1) which school would easily offer me admission without too much stress?
2) which school is affordable?
3):can I use the soft copy of my transcript in securing an admission in any of the schools?
I have a GPA of 2.75. Please I need your help or maybe your number or email in other to seek your advice often thanks and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Pls house, is this response generic?

I applied for study permit May 23rd. No update till date.

I sent a detailed email of enquiry to Nairobi on September 2nd restating the pros in my application and attaching correspondence from my scholarship board and got this response this morning.

Just want to know if its generic or I should stay hopeful cos I'm already hopeless... lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2020
Priceless200:
Good morning all, does anyone know about Durham College Of Applied Arts And Technology? ON.??

Got admission letter for January session, tuition total of 14,000 CAD and part payment of 8000+ CAD.. pls what next. Should I go ahead and make payment, how do I go about making payment and is it a good school.? For visa application purposes.

Also what documents should I prepare for visa application. Thank you all.

Durham College is a good institution and most of her programs are eligible for PGWP. You can proceed with the tuition payment and subsequently prepare for your VISA application. With that being said, be very sure that the program in which you've been admitted is reasonably in light with either of your previous studies or current employment status.

Please check on this link to gather the documents for your study permit application - LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION.

It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:
Pls house, is this response generic?

I applied for study permit May 23rd. No update till date.

I sent a detailed email of enquiry to Nairobi on September 2nd restating the pros in my application and attaching correspondence from my scholarship board and got this response this morning.

Just want to know if its generic or I should stay hopeful cos I'm already hopeless... lol

This is NAIROBI's Immigration response to enquiries sent to their office. It appears that they have acknowledged your enquiry and appended the supporting documents you submitted in your last enquiry. Give it a month and reorder your GCMS note to be certain they have worked on your file.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

This is NAIROBI's Immigration response to enquiries sent to their office. It appears that they have acknowledged your enquiry and appended the supporting documents you submitted in your last enquiry. Give it a month and reorder your GCMS note to be certain they have worked on your file.

It will end in praise.

I ordered for GCMS notes August 23rd, still expecting it. I believe it will tell me more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

I ordered for GCMS notes August 23rd, still expecting it. I believe it will tell me more.
it surely would let’s hope for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

The GCMS notes have taken longer than expected. Did you use an individual presently living in Canada to request for the notes on your behalf. Apparently, the processing times for GCMS note doesn't take more than 15 to 17 days. I know applicants who ordered for theirs in late August and have received their notes already. You may send a subtle reminder to the ATIP department of IRCC to expedite the processing of your notes.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Those who ordered notes and still didn’t get it within 20days this is a response from the gcms people provided it’s still within timeline you would receive it

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Tonyodg:
Those who ordered notes and still didn’t get it within 20days this is a response from the gcms people provided it’s still within timeline you would receive it

Thanks for this, very helpful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2020
Olayinkaji:

I ordered my recently and was given a time frame of 35 days too. Looks longer than Chief Frankrobbn 15 days.

15days works if you have someone in Canada apply for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Intrepid01(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Guidelines on How to write an SOP (Statement of Purpose)

Most important thing: Avoid Plagiarism

While writing SOP, the following things to be mentioned which will boost chances of convincing a VISA OFFICER and possibly getting a STUDY VISA APPROVAL:

1. Introduce yourself in first paragraph. Write, what kind of person you are, your interests and personality etc. This may also include one line background of work & study you did earlier. This should be related to the course your are going to pursue.

2. Explain what do you know about the area of study you are applying for.
Like HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Multimedia, Engineering etc. Market trends, application of knowledge in work, organisations/roles where you can work after studying in this XYZ field and if possible, 1-2 real life example where you experienced this personally (in your current job or someone in family who works in this field etc.)This shows you are well read and know what you are getting yourself into.

3. Now explain Why Canada.
Mention all points Canada is famous for like low crime rate, diversity (which helps in learning), livability and quality of life related statistics etc. Facts & figures help you here. Google a little

4. Why this particular college/Univ. Explain ranking of the same or relevance of course being offered or if someone known is studying there etc. Mention positive points which you can gather from ex-student's testimonials and college website itself. Again, write in your own language and by your own understanding.

5. Why this Program:
Mention why you chose this program. Explain how courses (subjects) of this course will help you in your career, how some of these subjects you have learnt earlier (basic knowledge) and need better and upgraded knowledge about these (especially if applying for PG/masters), explain application of subjects in real job scenario etc.

6. Summarize with reason of coming back to home country: Now summarize all details by mentioning your career goals and what will you do post completing this course.Mention how this course will help you in making your career in your home country. Be passionate about job market of your home country and coming back to your country. Because "You'll not leave Canada" is one of the biggest reason for Student Visa refusal.

7.Travel history
If u av not travelled bfor, state the reason why u av decided to travel at this point of ur life, and how important the program is to ur career & personal development back home

8.Family Ties-Hime ties
U can talk about how children are apparent to family inheritance, and how u are obliged to take care of ur family (parent and siblings). U can attach their birth certificates

Secondly, talk bout Landed Properties (Documents, deed of assignment, Deed of conveyance,survey plans and other important doc.) to of prove ur Hometies

9. Proof of Funds
Mention that you have paid ur tuition fee or made a deposit of ur tuition fee and so so as amount has bin set aside by your sponsor for ur Tution fee (if not yet paid), so so amount for ur One year Living Expenses (might be more than one year) and so so amount for ur flight itinerary

10. Final Note
U can end it like this or in ur own language
Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you will find all my documents in proper order and I kindly request you to process my visa application as soon as possible. I am very much thankful to you for giving me your valuable time to process my student visa application.

Your Sincerely,
Write ur name and Surname

Happy Writing

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP

https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buggi102kruse: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I would personally prefer that you should get the Court Marriage at the Ministry of Interio. This is very much acceptable and recognized by Embassies not only Canadian embassy. It would also be very helpful in your spousal open work permit as an evidence that you're legally married to your spouse.

It will end in praise
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buggi102kruse: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Akannitommy:
I have used my own marriage certificate issued/signed by our parents and Islamic officials at our marriage ceremony more than 10-years ago. We used it in the US visa application and I have personally used it for a successful Canada visitor visa. I have submitted it as part of my ongoing SP application. If the LGA thing (which may even carry more weights than mine in the face of western culture and/or laws) is what you have and it is genuine, I don't see any problem using it. But to be on a safe side, maybe get an "affidavit/statement of fact" with their pictures and signed by both yours and spouse's parents. This further attests to the validity of your marriage - they basically confirm what is already on the document and throw aside any doubts. My two cents only but more experienced people can add to it.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Intrepid01(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2020
dommakavelli:
So, I thought I would leave some hints about how to write a statement of interest. I think it is better if you break your essay down into sessions so the visa officer can find it easy and interesting to read. You may use the example below.

Background:
Here, you should talk about your academic background, your work experience(s) that are relevant to your studies, annual income, your program in Canada, start and end date. Who is your sponsor, your relationship with your sponsor and how much you have paid towards your tuition.
Note: Keep whatever you say regarding the bolded to one or two sentences because you will elaborate later. Also, don't worry about repetition, you want to keep putting those good things about you in the Visa officer's mind as they read.
Note: They often read everything. I've seen a GCMS note where the officer said the statement of interest is Vague. This part is like your introduction, more like a summary of everything you have to say in your letter. The rule of thumb is that if the introduction doesn't make sense, the body of the letter or essay won't make sense too.

My Study Plan
This is the part where you have to kill it. You should link whatever you say to your future goals. You must be concise and clear. It is not about how much you write, you don't want to be vague. Make whatever your writer personal. Think like you are in front of a visa officer and you have to convince him to approve your visa. The goal of this part is to address the first condition of the study permit (PURPOSE OF VISIT).

Note: Keep this part to 4 to 5 paragraphs and each paragraph should be between 5 to 8 lines, 12 font, new times roman. This font and font size are standard for APA academic writing.

Example:

In the first paragraph, talk about why you are interested in your proposed program and link it to your future goals. This should be brief because you will elaborate in the next paragraph

Paragraph two, talk more about why you choose your program. You can get information from your program website. (You know that info about your program on the school website, paraphrase it and make it sound like they are your words). Conclude the paragraph by linking whatever you say to your future career goals.

Paragraph three, you should talk about your career goals. In this part, you need to put everything together. You could talk about how your previous study has prepared you for this new program. Link your previous studies and work experience with your proposed study. Then link everything to your future plans.

Paragraph four, you should link what you spoke about in paragraph three to coming back home to pursue your goals. For example, if you have a job /business that you will be going back to, talk about them. Talk about how your study in Canada would help you to grow in your future career. Talk about the possibility of progression in your current job and how studying your program in Canada would help you. You may also talk about how you plan to contribute to your country's development.

Why I choose my school (name the school)
You can get information from the school website. Remember to paraphrase and link whatever info you get to how studying your program in that school is the best choice. Keep to one or two paragraphs.

E.G, After much research, I realized that to grow in my career, I have to study where education is best taught. I choose MUN, amongst other schools because of whatever. I have learned that MUN emphasis on whatever that helps students to learn better. The availability of best professors, and cutting edge research opportunities and whatever inspires me to study at MUN. Something like that. Don't use my words, please. As you know, many people would be reading this.

Why I choose Canada.
Keep this to two paragraphs.

Financial Sponsorship
Here, talk about your sponsors, how much they will support with, mention it if you have paid tuition/accommodation and how much you paid. You may have said this in the introduction, don't worry, it is okay to repeat yourself. Think about it like you are reminding the visa officer about your proof of funds. (The goal here is to talk about the second condition, PROOF OF FUNDS).

Home Ties and Assets
You have to kill this part too and don't worry about repeating yourself. You maY keep it to 3 to 5 paragraphs. The goal here is to convince the officer about the third condition (HOME AND ECONOMIC TIMES). I must say this is the most difficult part.

Example

Paragraph one: Talk about your job/business in Nigerian, how you are doing with them and your plan to come back to them upon completion of your studies.
Paragraph two: You can talk about your professional connections and associations.
Paragraph three: Talk about your relationship with your family. Let the officer know that family is important to you. Your goal is two make this emotional so the officer can understand that your whole life is in Nigeria and you will not throw it away for living in Canada.

Paragraph four: Talk about your financial ties. Do you have properties, cars, rental agreement, stock, money in savings etc. Mention them and conclude this paragraph by saying you have strong economic and family ties to your home country and ask the officer to give high consideration to this. If you signed an affidavit, mention it state that you assure the officer that you will be coming back home after your studies. (I recommend you provide documents for whatever you say here)

Last paragraph: This part, your goal is to make this emotional and connect with the officer's mind. Visa officers are humans too. Remember you have said lots of positive things about yourself, so this is the time to assume that the officer likes you and sees you as a qualified candidate. You should ask the officer to be part of your success story. Write this part as if you are in a job interview and you have the feeling that you will get the job.

Write your conclusion by stating that you believe you are qualified for the study permit based on the info you have provided and urge the officer to approve your application. You should also include your contacts in case they need additional information.

lastly, make sure you use good grammar. Like you are writing an academic paper. It's annoying to have to read a letter that is written poorly. I will be happy if I read a sentence once and understand what you're saying. If I have to read most of your sentences two-three times, to understand, I will be pissed and lose interest. I hope this is helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Hello sir/ma, thank you for this valuable piece. Pls my question is, i believe the statement of purpose I’m going to use for visa application is different from the statement of purpose I used to apply for the masters program? Pls educate me, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

15days works if you have someone in Canada apply for you.
I just hope gcmsbuddy comes earlier than expected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2020
Intrepid01:

Hello sir/ma, thank you for this valuable piece. Pls my question is, i believe the statement of purpose I’m going to use for visa application is different from the statement of purpose I used to apply for the masters program? Pls educate me, thanks
definitely
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

. Nwanyiokpa said she sent their support a reminder and they told her it's not yet 35days. She applied for hers August 25.

Thank you

You're making use of third party GCMS website, for this reason, it will take up to 30 days for the notes to be released to them. However, assuming you're using someone presently living in Canada, the processing times doesn't stay long (15 to 17 days max). All fingers crossed, let's wait until you've received your notes, then we can have a clearer insight on the current status of your application.

It will end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Tonyodg:

Ah.. True true, no 2 application is the same in this Canada Waka o.. Pls how are u able to chat them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Ah.. True true, no 2 application is the same in this Canada Waka o.. Pls how are u able to chat them?
His WhatsApp contact is on the gcmsbuddy site
Exactly what happens for A might / Cannot be the same for B

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SeunAde01: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
I am new in this forum.
Good afternoon to my seniors, I salute you all. You are doing a great job here, trust I will join your association soon ...lol

Please I need your recommendation on best school to study in Canada.

With hope of starting in Fall 2021, Research based ( either scholarship or no scholarship, will like the option of full funding though)
Course option: Computer Science or Data science
Working experience: 10 years
First degree: Computer Engineering with 2:1.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Priceless200(f): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Thank you so very much for your response.
Frankrobbn1:

Durham College is a good institution and most of her programs are eligible for PGWP. You can proceed with the tuition payment and subsequently prepare for your VISA application. With that being said, be very sure that the program in which you've been admitted is reasonably in light with either of your previous studies or current employment status.

Please check on this link to gather the documents for your study permit application - LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hi Newbie... Welcome grin.. When u say best, I wonder.. Anyway, Google search should be able to give u plenty options cos that's where Lekiboboe (our most resourceful cool) will get answers for you from, but remember to check cost, admission requirements and most importantly, if the school offers PGWP afterwards.. When u've selected some schools, u can come ask to know if some old students are here for specific questions et al.. Good luck
SeunAde01:
I am new in this forum.
Good afternoon to my seniors, I salute you all. You are doing a great job here, trust I will join your association soon ...lol

With hope of starting in Fall 2021, Research based ( either scholarship or no scholarship, will like the option of scholarship though)

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
@SeunAde01:

I want to add that while you are working on seeking admission, you should also start thinking about how to explain the 10-years gap (experience) and how your quest for a research degree works or justify as academic or professional progression. You simply need to think of the end before you start. Take a day or two to reflect, research and consult on the best strategy that fits your profile. Best wishes in the journey that lies ahead.

Pee2Jay9:
Hi Newbie... Welcome grin.. When u say best, I wonder.. Anyway, Google search should be able to give u plenty options cos that's where Lekiboboe (our most resourceful cool) will get answers for you from, but remember to check cost, admission requirements and most importantly, if the school offers PGWP afterwards.. When u've selected some schools, u can come ask to know if some old students are here for specific questions et al.. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
SeunAde01:
I am new in this forum.

With hope of starting in Fall 2021, Research based ( either scholarship or no scholarship, will like the option of full funding though)

Thanks
Hi Honorable,

Due to competition world wide on Masters/PHD program in Canada, you shouldn't be looking for best (limiting yourself to one or two skools), most Canadian Universities are dope, so shoot your shot in Canadian Schools as much as you can via Potential Supervisors, if you are lucky to get Positive responses from them you can now decide which is the Best for You

See the link below for
Masters in Data Science & schools offering them
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Data+science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Computer Science & Schools offering them
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Computer+science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

As per Masters Admission, Getting Supervisor, funding etc.
Do revert to this link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/347#94151140

Also take note of based on experience additional advice & suggestions from members in house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taisonlee: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hello nairalanders, how do I raise web form to add additional information on cic website?

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.