Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159171 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
buggi102kruse:
Pls house help it's Urgent!

My spouse will soon apply for a student permit and our concern is that the Marriage certificate we have is the one issued by the Local Government.
Does Canada Embassy honor the one from LGA or we must go for Court Marriage at the Ministry of Interio?
This is because I intend to apply for a spousal work permit later.

A friend of mine used a LGA marriage certificate to successfully apply for his spousal immigration. however, I think you can register the marriage at federal registry without the need for another marriage.

I see someone ask about if marriage after childbirth won’t be a red flag. It won’t. Rather, it shows stronger tie between the parties.

In Canada, whoever born for you have more power over your assets and income because of your child. Marriage is more like 50-50 power, but children together makes it 80 (mother) and 20 (father). That is why some Oyinbo avoid marriage and childbirth.

childbirth is a plus, but paternity test may be required for immigrating those children to Canada if the parties are not married. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olajigaolamide: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please any update for winter semester
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for the information. I may consider that at some point.

Osemigho:

A friend of mine used a LGA marriage certificate to successfully apply for his spousal immigration. however, I think you can register the marriage at federal registry without the need for another marriage.

I see someone ask about if marriage after childbirth won’t be a red flag. It won’t. Rather, it shows stronger tie between the parties.

In Canada, whoever born for you have more power over your assets and income because of your child. Marriage is more like 50-50 power, but children together makes it 80 (mother) and 20 (father). That is why some Oyinbo avoid marriage and childbirth.

childbirth is a plus, but paternity test may be required for immigrating those children to Canada if the parties are not married. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
Taisonlee:
Hello nairalanders, how do I raise web form to add additional information on cic website?

Google canadian webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

I used gcmsbuddy. Nwanyiokpa said she sent their support a reminder and they told her it's not yet 35days. She applied for hers August 25.

Thank you

30 days will complete in two days time. by monday, 35days wold be complete. Hopefully from now till monday next week, i would have known my fate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

30 days will complete in two days time. by monday, 35days wold be complete. Hopefully from now till monday next week, i would have known my fate.

Infact I thank God that we will know soon.

Did you finally settle for mun?
I sent you a dm sometime ago but later saw where you said you dont have access to that email.
We should connect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Staymotivated40: 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

This is NAIROBI's Immigration response to enquiries sent to their office. It appears that they have acknowledged your enquiry and appended the supporting documents you submitted in your last enquiry. Give it a month and reorder your GCMS note to be certain they have worked on your file.

It will end in praise.
Frankrobbn1:

This is NAIROBI's Immigration response to enquiries sent to their office. It appears that they have acknowledged your enquiry and appended the supporting documents you submitted in your last enquiry. Give it a month and reorder your GCMS note to be certain they have worked on your file.

It will end in praise.

FRANKROBBN1 PLEASE I HAVE SENT YOU A PM, I need your help, I’ve just been refused the study permit visa. I applied online in March, I want to try it again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
Staymotivated40:

FRANKROBBN1 PLEASE I HAVE SENT YOU A PM, I need your help, I’ve just been refused the study permit visa. I applied online in March, I want to try it again
I am so sorry about this
When was you refused ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lovewins: 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
jimohib:
You should download the GetBarter or Wallets Africa app. If you really need to do this right now, I think you should use their virtual card service.

Although you will pay more compared to the bank rates but it's likely the only option you have for now. Else, you need a dollar card from your bank. It took me about 2 weeks to get mine from GTB, and it was before COVID19.

So friend, GetBarter or Wallets Africa are your best bet right now. But expect to pay between 450 - 490 per dollar sha. And it works!

How do you fund the dollar card? Or is there a facility provided by GTB for holders of card like these to get dollars at bank rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
lovewins:

How do you fund the dollar card? Or is there a facility provided by GTB for holders of card like these to get dollars at bank rate?
you only find a dollar card by paying dollars into the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

Infact I thank God that we will know soon.

Did you finally settle for mun?
I sent you a dm sometime ago but later saw where you said you dont have access to that email.
We should connect?

Yes, I am processing SP for MUN. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
Staymotivated40:

ah ah. na wa. Which kine wahala be this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Yes, I am processing SP for MUN. smiley

Same here o.
The flexibility of that school is just awesome.

libran.gypsy@hotmail.com

Let's connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
Staymotivated40:

Pls order for your gcms note. Dont rush to reapply. Meanwhile list out the denial reasons given lemme know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
librangyps:

Same here o.
The flexibility of that school is just awesome.

libran.gypsy@hotmail.com

Let's connect

i just sent a mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please my husband is my sponsor. He want to send my tuition to my account 8900 CAD. Do I write a letter explaining the lump sum or do I make it clear in my SOP. My school does not require tuition deposit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please if you are going for masters at the University of Regina, lets connect.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
Staymotivated40:

Sorry about the delay.
Stay Motivated Bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sapte:
Please my husband is my sponsor. He want to send my tuition to my account 8900 CAD. Do I write a letter explaining the lump sum or do I make it clear in my SOP. My school does not require tuition deposit.

Make it known on your sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sapte(f): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
Thanks

Anon123:

Make it known on your sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nyengisam: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hello my name is nyengi please I want to ask is it OK to pay for first term tuition before applying for students visa is that option available.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
nyengisam:
Hello my name is nyengi please I want to ask is it OK to pay for first term tuition before applying for students visa is that option available.

It’s not compulsory but it makes a lot of sense to pay because it shows financial buoyancy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DanielDriz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
Yes dear it is very important,even if you're refused visa, you email your sch they would refund you

nyengisam:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DanielDriz(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sapte:

Can i email you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hey guys.. can someone please send me the vfs contact info or link for Lagos Centre. I can't seem to register. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wasd4luv(m): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pls what does InterSummer means
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BaaleOfOntario: 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sapte:
Hello Sapte, pls kindly send a message to my mail "jinmidayo@gmail.com". I can't access this nairaland mail. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mildred01: 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please house I hope everyone is fine?? My sister submitted her study permit since 24th February and she did upfront medicals .. the only update she has received since them was in March when she was notified that she passed her medical test.. since then she hasn’t gotten any other update.. please how can she handle this.. gurus in the house please I need your help. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Thermodynamics,

Its not required. All the best
please check your mail thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mildred01:
Please house I hope everyone is fine?? My sister submitted her study permit since 24th February and she did upfront medicals .. the only update she has received since them was in March when she was notified that she passed her medical test.. since then she hasn’t gotten any other update.. please how can she handle this.. gurus in the house please I need your help. Thank you.
Tell her to apply for her GCMS NOTE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mildred01:
Order GCMS note asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
Good evening house please I would be needing your help in criticisms and all help I can get please I would really appreciate it on how to tackle my refusal letter...
I finished high school 2015 and since then I haven’t attended a university but 2019 I made up my mind to go to the university so I tried applying to USA but was denied. 2020 I then applied to study in Canada but I choose a diploma in business administration and my gcms notes came out today and here’s the outcome I was denied due to the following reasons

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.