Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1167607 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:
I dare say that if you are yet to receive an AIP and you applied for a study permit in the last 4 months that it might have been denied. IRCC for some reason have not been communicating denials directly to people. Applied in May for a study permit and received gcms notes today. I do not agree with 90% of the VOs conclusion based on my application but what do I know.

Wow!

tonyodg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by CanadaPR: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
vibrant99:

@CANADAPR

You had to give urself the CanadaPr name to Confess what you want out of the whole thing, abi? Motivational speakers and You.

Anyway, no need filling spaces with unnecessary mentions and dragging... I have heard you, Keep praying.

What it does to most people here is they keep throwing their monies away, why is everything about prayer associated with Money?

Your Last Bolded wasn't your concern, stop holding on a straw, i replied someone else in his own context, let us be guided.

Keep praying and advising the ones that will do likewise , I am still gonna stick around .

Lol. I usually won't respond but I will because I have great faith in prayers.

Regarding the bolded, what if I tell you that my confession worked for me? A practical proof that prayers and confessions work for real. I saw myself as a Canada PR in 2018 even when I had no WES report at that time but it's all history today. I wish you would learn from this.

You seem to have an issue with people who pray and faith but let that be your personal problem. Don't try to convince others to dish prayers.

I'm on this thread monitoring things for my cousin who's gotten AIP already. I read and don't comment but I'll spread my tent on this matter because I'm a living proof that prayers work wonders.

All I have, I've gotten by God's Grace and not my strength so I'll always encourage people to pray as much as I would that they work.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Wow!

tonyodg
hey how’s it going
The case tire me
Have you received your notes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please let’s try to maintain decorum on the group and avoid controversial issues like religion, politics etc. The group was created for a reason, please let’s focus on that. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by omojehovah(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
vibrant99:
Do you Know one good reason Nigeria can never be a Country "YOU" will be proud of ? Because of the Sentiments that you Write about ...

Take a look at the likes you garnered... because 95% of people on this page are looking for a way around something they could have just walked into, solved it or just back off when it is glaringly impossible but NO, we believe that something supernatural can change something stupid.

I won't argue with BUHARI that called us lazy, we are actually lazy people as we want it the easy way, why is the sudden craze for CANADA? Answer--- Because we will be able to Remain THERE.

We are that kind of people that always want to hear "don't Give up", Why actually did we give up on NIGERIA when God can possibly Support us? why the Individual growth?

American that you just talked about is not even a religious country, but they call God as a "CONSCIENCE" sign , there lives is not dependent on God i can tell you, they don't even live like it. Do You know the Idea of a "GOD" was to bring SANITY amongst human?

My Parish Priest when i was boy in Ilorin moved to USA in 2001, he is "GAY" now.... Because he discovered the Truth, He said.

You are all thinking "GOD" because you are in a "DIRT", Nigeria stinks, you are in a place where nothing works, where you have to steal and lie to get through the simplest and basic forms of life , even FOOD and water!!! CANADA gave out over $2000 for Covid alone , how much did Nigeria give to YOU? That is why you will die to go there, you will use JUJU sef to go there, pray to go there? A BLACKMAN?

When Last did a Japanese pray to get a USA visa, when LAST did someone from SINGAPORE pray to go to CANADA? This are economies that are running so well that AMERICANS and CANDIANS want to live there, why pray about it?

Use ur GOOGLE and INPUT "LUXEMBOURG", No country will pay you the minimum wage that country will pay in the whole world , do you know this ? NO, because everybody wants to go to CANADA and when they get the visa it is a miracle .

The only God that exist is You and your Conscience, ... Luck is Opportunity meeting preparations, anyone can have it, let us pray for Nigeria to get better not pray to leave Nigeria , it is the worst thing that will happen to us as a people.

I know a lot of guys who left here with prayers , They have not attended a Christian Gathering in 3 Years, They have not even remembered to pray, The best they can do is, do an update with "GOD-IS-GOOD", everyone wants to use that God slogan to get out and forget it when they get in, a typical African Man.

Until Nigeria is reshaped and revamped, You will continue to see everything as something you should pray about, Prayer is for a BLACK man, and A black Man is actually praying against themselves.

Hello Sir,

Everyone has a basic right to believe what they want to believe. You accused the previous poster of misleading people on this thread based on what she believes. You are no different from what you're trying to condemn. This post here is as good as you trying to shove your beliefs down the throat of people. You speak as though you have Adobe mind reader to read the mind of everyone. I have seen people in this Canada who don't belief GOD and doing well in research, while other areas of their lives is a complete mess. I have seen those who claim to believe GOD and their lives shows the complete opposite. And I have also seen white Canadians who believes GOD, they're doing great in their career and are very good people to be with. No one can no the mind of a man save the spirit that dwells in him. You can't possibly speak for everyone. Let everyone stick to whatever works for them. You can't just shove your idiosyncrasies down everyone's throat.

Whoso reads, let him read with understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chocs:
Please let’s try to maintain decorum on the group and avoid controversial issues like religion, politics etc. The group was created for a reason, please let’s focus on that. Thank you all.

Thanks. This group has almost lost its pragmatic essence. In the past, successful and unsuccessful applicants share ideas and documentation before and after applying. These days, it is more of insults and praises than information. It is so hard to get information about current applicants and successful documentation. What we see more is “God did it” and “I have been rejected” with little or no information about applicants.

Yes God did or did not do it, but how? What did you submit? How and When did you apply? Even when Jesus perform his miracles, he prayed, use soil, or command People to open the tomb, etc. An absolute miracle is getting a visa without applying. I am waiting for someone to share that news. Until then, please tell us about your application and documentation, whether successful or not.

It is well.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Happydodo2: 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
As a point to further strengthen your SOP you may imply that one of the reasons for choosing that program is to acquire the much need knowledge and apply it to your husband's business when you come back home on the completion of your program.
This would further clarify your purpose of visit
I already explained in my SOP that currently Data science staff are paid twice because there is shortage of skills and when am done with studies i will resume back as head of IT as discussed with my HR and Recommendation later signed and issued by HR on behalf of my company.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
hey how’s it going
The case tire me
Have you received your notes

no notes yet my brother. And you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
All I can say is "omo"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Am sorry Guys, if you get me all twisted.

I don't Mean to be here and be a goat in a sheep flock, I am just super real.

Confirm from anyone who tries to reach out to me from the page , i don't even encourage you when i see that you have more imaginary hope than realities , Things have changed people .

It hurts me so very much the way Nigerians pour money away in the name of going to Canada, sincerely i feel like crying.

Let everyone see me as a Voice in the wilderness, we can never be on the same path of thought

Appreciate people who go out of the ways to watch your backs, Their back is completely unsecured.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

not yet I don’t know why the delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
CanadaPR:

Lol. I usually won't respond but I will because I have great faith in prayers.

Regarding the bolded, what if I tell you that my confession worked for me? A practical proof that prayers and confessions work for real. I saw myself as a Canada PR in 2018 even when I had no WES report at that time but it's all history today. I wish you would learn from this.

You seem to have an issue with people who pray and faith but let that be your personal problem. Don't try to convince others to dish prayers.

I'm on this thread monitoring things for my cousin who's gotten AIP already. I read and don't comment but I'll spread my tent on this matter because I'm a living proof that prayers work wonders.

All I have, I've gotten by God's Grace and not my strength so I'll always encourage people to pray as much as I would that they work.

your confession worked for you, good! kindly share your profile with us please so others can spot their mistakes.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
not yet I don’t know why the delay
I did not see AIP now I am waiting for gcms. I am weka already embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
I am very interested in you situation, Incase it comes, please tag me!

NwanyiOkpa:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:
I dare say that if you are yet to receive an AIP and you applied for a study permit in the last 4 months that it might have been denied. IRCC for some reason have not been communicating denials directly to people. Applied in May for a study permit and received gcms notes today. I do not agree with 90% of the VOs conclusion based on my application but what do I know.

This your comment is broad ranging.
I was under the impression AIP and the two stage process was specifically for those applying for Fall 2020 start dates.
Enlightened gurus kindly confirm. Now that almighty September 15 has come and gone, what does one expect @Frankrobbn1 @Lekiboboe @Osemigho @Tonyodg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
vibrant99:
I am very interested in you situation, Incase it comes, please tag me!

Thank you so much... The 35days given to me to get my notes will finish on monday hence, i will br sharing my notes soon hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:

I don't agree with you that everyone without AIP has been denied. Did you agree? tonyodg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
Maybe rules need to be made to maintain order in the group. It’s getting too bad. If your post isn’t going to help others or if you’re not asking questions, kindly desist from posting it. Think about every post properly before hitting the submit button, please. If your post is about any controversial issue, please do not post it. We are all adults here, let’s act it please. For the newbies, welcome. Please endeavor to read through the thread from the beginning. Check from page one and take it one step at a time, asking people to help is good, but nobody can give you all the information you need. You can only get it by reading! Read from the beginning, read other threads, google, read your university or college’ website. Many have information about visa applications. If you do not understand anything, feel free to ask. But don’t just ask that someone tells you everything in one post. Please put in effort. All the best to everyone. May our dreams come true.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

I don't agree with you that everyone without AIP has been denied. Did you agree? tonyodg

with the look of things I would agree because eligibility would have taken place 3-4 weeks after submission
It’s sad but it’s true these people are crazy lol
I would accept my faith if it so happens it’s a denial

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
I am a bit unclear, my course says:

BMT1B - Business Management, London South
Start Date: January 04, 2021 End Date: August 31, 2022
Level: Graduate Certificate Program Status: Full-Time

As you can see, mine is a 2years programme but described as a graduate certificate on the offer letter which is contrary to your explanation of most 2 year courses being diplomas. What will my certificate say? I selected College Certificate on my IMM form not diploma. The options were: College certificate, college diploma and college applied degree.

Naijaforeigner:

PGC = College certificate

In Ontario, for most schools, usually 2 semesters (8 months). However, It also depends on school and program. Some PGC programs in Ontario are 3 semesters - 12 months duration (includes compulsory coop).

I think most 1 year programs in Quebec takes full 3 semesters (12 months).

Your certificate will state Ontario College Graduate certificate or Ontario College certificate depending on the school.

If you are going for PGC, on IMM form, you choose College certificate

PGD = College diploma. In ontario, it is Usually 2 years duration. You will end up with a certificate that says Ontario College Diploma or Ontario College Graduate diploma depending on the school.

If you are going for PGD, on IMM form, select College diploma

Applied degree is below PGC and PGD. Usually longer in duration depending on the school.
I think Applied degree is same level as Bachelors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
with the look of things I would agree because eligibility would have taken place 3-4 weeks after submission

hmmmm... are there not people that saw their approval via their notes? even when they didn't get any update on their profile?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chocs:
Maybe rules need to be made to maintain order in the group. It’s getting too bad. If your post isn’t going to help others or if you’re not asking questions, kindly desist from posting it. Think about every post properly before hitting the submit button, please. If your post is about any controversial issue, please do not post it. We are all adults here, let’s act it please. For the newbies, welcome. Please endeavor to read through the thread from the beginning. Check from page one and take it one step at a time, asking people to help is good, but nobody can give you all the information you need. You can only get it by reading! Read from the beginning, read other threads, google, read your university or college’ website. Many have information about visa applications. If you do not understand anything, feel free to ask. But don’t just ask that someone tells you everything in one post. Please put in effort. All the best to everyone. May our dreams come true.

Better still,
Any comment about God and religion should not be found here. Religious views are a personal choice

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

hmmmm... are there not people that saw their approval via their notes? even when they didn't get any update on their profile?
these people are not first timers like we
Yes some are receiving approvals still but of recent when last did you see any one from May/ June receive a message of good news from em
But people who apply now they answer them within 2 weeks or less
I might be wrong but honestly rate of denial as we haven’t heard from them is high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
Yes some are receiving approvals still but of recent when last did you see any one from May/ June receive a message of good news from em
I might be wrong but honestly rate of denial as we haven’t heard from them is high
Are you also first timer app. I applied may but yet to get replies even AIP. Fate accepted

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:

so you have concluded that you have been denied right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Are you also first timer app. I applied may but yet to get replies even AIP. Fate accepted
yea bro first timer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

so you have concluded that you have been denied right?
Yes literally hopefully notes comes in time that proves a point cause wtf since June 10 C’mon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
As his quote says (might be refused), yes possibly.

A paper application since February for a family of 3 (mother and 2 child) - just the mothers SP alone got an update for MER and to submit a new LOA even without AIP yet.(AIP dropped later same day)

Definitely it's a rare case to the common trend.

Anything is possible
All hope not lost....

Tonyodg:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by CanadaPR: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

your confession worked for you, good! kindly share your profile with us please so others can spot their mistakes.

Thanks

Hi, I did Express Entry and didn't go through study permit route.

However, I helped my cousin with her study permit application and that's why I monitor this thread. She's gotten her AIP so I'll give a clue on what I submitted for her.

First, she just completed A-level and applied for undergraduate study.

I wrote her LOE explaining why she wants to study in Canada and that she understands her obligation as a student.

I wrote a Letter of Sponsorship for her Dad to sign. Letter had different subtitles. Started with who he is, what he does, why he will want to spend such amount of money on her studies. I did a table for proof of his financial capability.
1. Bank statement Zebra Bank, Value in Naira, Value in Canadian dollars
2. Roof Investment, Value in Naira, Value in Canadian dollars
3. Property at ABC, Value in Naira, Value in Canadian dollars
Total in Canadian dollars= xxxxx. Please let me know if you need further information or clarification.

Her full tuition was paid and receipt attached.

I submitted the normal application forms and other documents.

Nothing more....

They sent Medical Request few weeks later. Then AIP after about 2 weeks after medical exams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
CanadaPR:

Hi, I did Express Entry and didn't go through study permit route.

However, I helped my cousin with her study permit application and that's why I monitor this thread. She's gotten her AIP so I'll give a clue on what I submitted for her.

First, she just completed A-level and applied for undergraduate study.

I wrote her LOE explaining why she wants to study in Canada and that she understands her obligation as a student.

I wrote a Letter of Sponsorship for her Dad to sign. Letter had different subtitles. Started with who he is, what he does, why he will want to spend such amount of money on her studies. I did a table for proof of his financial capability.
1. Bank statement Zebra Bank, Value in Naira, Value in Canadian dollars
2. Roof Investment, Value in Naira, Value in Canadian dollars
3. Property at ABC, Value in Naira, Value in Canadian dollars
Total in Canadian dollars= xxxxx. Please let me know if you need further information or clarification.

Her full tuition was paid and receipt attached.

I submitted the normal application forms and other documents.

Nothing more....

They sent Medical Request few weeks later. Then AIP after about 2 weeks after medical exams.

okay. Nice application you put up for her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.