Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168263 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
Evening ,

I have Age parents two siblings . One is a coowner a reputable printing company in Nigeria And the other one who is my half brother is permanently based in the UK as an engineer

Am the last born

I want to confirm if Mentioning these facts won’t work against my family ties situation

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
Yes literally hopefully notes comes in time that proves a point cause wtf since June 10 C’mon

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
with the look of things I would agree because eligibility would have taken place 3-4 weeks after submission
It’s sad but it’s true these people are crazy lol
I would accept my faith if it so happens it’s a denial

You are quite correct. To provide a bit of context. I applied in May and the elligibiity review was done a month later in June. So, from June to September no update reflected online via the ircc portal besides biometric done in August and medicals(Upfront) done in August. I hope they still give out approvals to everyone still waiting for approvals in the gcms notes. I am only saying its quite likely it might not be the case.

Timeline

Applied on 15th May
Biometric letter 16th May
Upfront medical 1st August
Send webform to update on deferment from Fall to Winter semester due to processing delays August
Biometric enrolment 24th August (Updated same day online)
Medical passed 27th August (after sending same via webform and email some weeks earlier)
Requested gcms notes on 1st September
received gcms notes on 23rd September (note that eligibility failed as at 10th June as that was when the entry was made in the gcms notes)

Documents

B.Eng Degree Cert with 2-1
Intro letter from the office indicating position, gross salary etc
Land docs in lagos and another state
Tenancy docs in current abode
Police certificate
LOA from school for MBA program along with other documents
Payment of 1,000 CAD tution deposit evidenced by official receipt from school
Professional certification certificates
1 year Bank Statement with balance of 1.2m (inflow of 12m and outflow of 11m within 6 month period)
6 month pay slip with more than 1m monthly pay
Mutual Fund dollar statement signed and stamped with balance of 10,000 USD
Mutual Fund naira statement signed and stamped with balance of 19,000,000 NGN
Passport and Visa pages with valid UK visa at the time
Confirmation letter from the office
Salary review letter
Children's birth certificates
Marriage certificate
Letter of explanation/SOP detailing why I chose the program, Canada, short and long term career goals and how this fits in, family ties etc
NYSC Certificate
IELTS Results
WAEC Result
First Degree Transcripts

As Frank would say, "It will end in praise"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uki247: 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
I don’t understand Tony and Nwanyiokpa, I thought u guys got MER and AIP. Which one be all this misinformation.
quote author=Tonyodg post=94233722] cheesy[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:

You are quite correct. To provide a bit of context. I applied in May and the elligibiity review was done a month later in June. So, from June to September no update reflected online via the ircc portal besides biometric done in August and medicals(Upfront) done in August. I hope they still give out approvals to everyone still waiting for approvals in the gcms notes. I am only saying its quite likely it might not be the case.

Timeline

Applied on 15th May
Send webform to update on deferment from Fall to Winter semester due to processing delays August
Medical passed 27th August (after sending same via webform and email some weeks earlier)
received gcms notes on 23rd September (note that eligibility failed as at 10th June as that was when the entry was made )

Documents

Police certificate
1 year Bank Statement with balance of 1.2m (inflow of 12m and outflow of 11m within 6 month period)
Salary review letter
Marriage certificate
Letter of explanation/SOP detailing why I chose the program, Canada, short and long term career goals and how this fits in, family ties etc
NYSC Certificate
IELTS Results
WAEC Result
First Degree Transcripts

Why will they say eligibility failed with this profile again. Wawu

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chocs:
Nice video. According to the letters he projected, the applicants were rejected based on the purpose of visit. But he addressed home ties in the video. Aren’t those 2 completely different things? From the little I know, purpose and home ties aren’t the same. Correct me if I’m wrong please. Thank you.
Actually what he meant was that IRCC isn't processing applications as it ought to be. They're just addressing application with the aim to reduce backlog applications they are also overwhelmed too so no time to critically examine applications.

Then from my understanding the denial on the purpose of visit maybe, despite the pandemic we're still defering even tho we can study online yet we still want to come which questions our real intention.

Lastly, the recent update of 57,000 AIPs don't we think they're approaching their target for the year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nyengisam: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
https://bowvalleycollege.ca/programs-courses/community-studies/early-childhood-education-and-development-diploma
Good day please I would like to know if this is a diploma course or a post graduate diploma course and what chance do I have to get a visa if my B.A is in linguistics and communication studies but I've been an early child educator for 4 years . thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
Yes literally hopefully notes comes in time that proves a point cause wtf since June 10 C’mon
Hello, you can never say never, I applied March, I didn't get any update till August, It was my first application. They later sent me MR and AIP within 4 to 5 days. Keep the hope bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hello, did you watch the video fully? I think you didn’t understand my last comment. He addressed the rejections and was giving suggestions on how it can be tackled. And the suggestions were related to home ties, while the rejection reason was purpose of visit. Two different things. I hope you understand what I’m saying now.
NairaLuck:

Actually what he meant was that IRCC isn't processing applications as it ought to be. They're just addressing application with the aim to reduce backlog applications they are also overwhelmed too so no time to critically examine applications.

Then from my understanding the denial on the purpose of visit maybe, despite the pandemic we're still defering even tho we can study online yet we still want to come which questions our real intention.

Lastly, the recent update of 57,000 AIPs don't we think they're approaching their target for the year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
blinn007:

Hello, you can never say never, I applied March, I didn't get any update till August, It was my first application. They later sent me MR and AIP within 4 to 5 days. Keep the hope bro.
online or paper ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Kindly advise on the reason for failed eligibility as seen on GCMS notes (Profile looks quite solid). Did you apply with family? Also I read somewhere that using mutual fund bank statement is not advisable as it is better to redeem the funds and show all in bank statement (do not know how true this is)

Oghogho1313:

Timeline

Applied on 15th May
received gcms notes on 23rd September (note that eligibility failed as at 10th June as that was when the entry was made in the gcms notes)

Documents

Police certificate
Payment of tution deposit evidenced by official receipt from school
Mutual Fund dollar statement signed and stamped with balance of
Salary review letter
Marriage certificate
NYSC Certificate
IELTS Results
WAEC Result
First Degree Transcripts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Uki247:
I don’t understand Tony and Nwanyiokpa, I thought u guys got MER and AIP. Which one be all this misinformation.
quote author=Tonyodg post=94233722] cheesy
hmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
It looks like a diploma to me (to be 100% sure, send them an email) also have you looked at the admission requirements? Please check and be sure that you meet the requirements. All the best
nyengisam:
https://bowvalleycollege.ca/programs-courses/community-studies/early-childhood-education-and-development-diploma
Good day please I would like to know if this is a diploma course or a post graduate diploma course and what chance do I have to get a visa if my B.A is in linguistics and communication studies but I've been an early child educator for 4 years . thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
nyengisam:

Nobody can tell you or guarantee you visa success here.. All you need to is package your application the best you can and spice it up with prayer. But abeg, if you want to apply, avoid diploma as you mentioned and stick with the post graduate diploma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:

Timeline

Applied on 15th May

Documents

Police certificate
Salary review letter
Marriage certificate
NYSC Certificate
IELTS Results
WAEC Result
First Degree Transcripts

Hi Oghogho1313,

You seem to have quite a strong profile, hence my intervention. Everything appears reasonable and good with your documents. Many people get approved with even fewer documents. It appears the VO was not quite satisfied concerning your reasons for doing an MBA, especially since your first degree was in Engineering. You may have to address this issue directly as it seems to be the major issue with your application. Perhaps, when reapplying, you should write a comprehensive L.O.E. and state why an MBA is the best path for you now, considering your prior work experience and future prospects in terms of career advancement. You have to show that an MBA is absolutely necessary for your career and that you will get a return on investment. It is interesting that the VO did not comment negatively on your proof of finance. That's a good thing. The family ties that is mentioned is basically within the context of your failure to prove that an MBA is the logical and necessary step for you, especially in Canada, and more especially as an MBA can easily be done in Nigeria.

I wish you good luck as you repackage your application. May the odds favour you next time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Backcheck: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Why will they say eligibility failed with this profile again. Wawu

Asin ehn! cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Eilenora:
I am a bit unclear, my course says:

BMT1B - Business Management, London South
Start Date: January 04, 2021 End Date: August 31, 2022
Level: Graduate Certificate Program Status: Full-Time

As you can see, mine is a 2years programme but described as a graduate certificate on the offer letter which is contrary to your explanation of most 2 year courses being diplomas. What will my certificate say? I selected College Certificate on my IMM form not diploma. The options were: College certificate, college diploma and college applied degree.

You are coming to Fanshawe College.

I said most NOT ALL PGC are 8 months - 1 year and PGD usually 2 years. That was why I added a clause that school and program determines these things as well.

It does not mean you can’t have situations where there will be 2 years PGC. The school, program and degree type determines duration of these programs.

So back to your question, your program is a 24 months PGC as stated on your LOA. That’s fine.

What you selected on your IMM form is correct.
PGC = college certificate. You have nothing to worry about.how

What will appear on your certificate is Ontario College Graduate certificate.

I shared an image of how a fanshawe PGC certificate looks like about 3 pages back. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
There’s no how we can’t attribute most of the successes to God.
I applied on 10th of September
Biometrics letter: 11th September
Medical request: 18th September
AIP: 19th September

I applied for a diploma totally not related to my previous course.
I uploaded:
SOP
Sponsor’s SOA (about 6.8m)
Sponsor’s properties documents
Sponsor’s letter
Bank reference letter
School statement of result (as certificate is not ready yet)
Transcript
NYSC certificate
IELTS result
Sponsor’s passport
Receipt of admission confirmation fee ($500)
Police character
Submitted with faith.

And glory be to God I’ve been getting positive vibes so far.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Many thanks for the candid feedback. I will keep these in mind.

I would appreciate more feedback from the house in terms of advise on how to move favorably forward.

fratermathy:

Hi Oghogho1313,

You seem to quite a strong profile, hence my intervention. Everything appears reasonable and good with your documents. Many people get approved with even fewer documents. It appears the VO was not quite satisfied concerning your reasons for doing an MBA, especially since your first degree was in Engineering. You may have to address this issue directly as it seems to be the major issue with your application. Perhaps, when reapplying, you should write a comprehensive L.O.E. and state why an MBA is the best path for you now, considering your prior work experience and future prospects in terms of career advancement. You have to show that an MBA is absolutely necessary for your career and that you will get return on investment. It is interesting that the VO did not comment negatively on your proof of finance. That's a good thing. The family ties that is mentioned is basically within the context of your failure to prove that an MBA is the logical and necessary step for you, especially in Canada, and more especially as an MBA can easily be done in Nigeria.

I wish you good luck as you repackage your application. May the odds favour you next time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
online or paper ?
It is an online application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
nyengisam:

offered twice a year. January and September. January admission is closed.

To get a seat, you will be waitlisted for September, 2021.

It is an undergraduate diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uki247: 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
hmm
l
I thought so ooo. Sorry it will come
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
sleekcheek:
Kindly advise on the reason for failed eligibility as seen on GCMS notes (Profile looks quite solid). Did you apply with family? Also I read somewhere that using mutual fund bank statement is not advisable as it is better to redeem the funds and show all in bank statement (do not know how true this is)

I attached an excerpt from the gcms notes a few hours ago. This should be in the previous page. It was basically generic reasons - study plans viz a viz previous study and work experience, current & future employment prospects etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
nyengisam:
This looks like an Ordinary DIPLOMA program, cos even in the Admission requirement, a University Bachelor's Degree wasn't mentioned

As suggested by Honorable Chocs, do mail the school to confirm the Qualification of the Program (if its a PGD or an Ordinary Diploma)

By the way,
You can check the following schools for their
Early Childhood Education Graduate Certificate Program

- Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

- Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

- Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

- Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Are we saying those that got rejected did not submit with faith or did not back it up with prayers? The point is let’s leave this forum for information and practical responses and leave the religion part for our religious groups. Besides a denial can also be God’s way of saying not yet or not for you

Dame24:

I uploaded:
SOP
Sponsor’s letter
Bank reference letter
Transcript
NYSC certificate
IELTS result
Sponsor’s passport
Police character
Submitted with faith.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Dame24:

I uploaded:
SOP
Sponsor’s letter
Bank reference letter
Transcript
NYSC certificate
IELTS result
Sponsor’s passport
Police character
Submitted with faith.

hmm so you didn’t submit any source of income ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

PGC = College certificate

In Ontario, for most schools, usually 2 semesters (8 months). However, It also depends on school and program. Some PGC programs in Ontario are 3 semesters - 12 months duration (includes compulsory coop).

I think most 1 year programs in Quebec takes full 3 semesters (12 months).

Your certificate will state Ontario College Graduate certificate or Ontario College certificate depending on the school.

If you are going for PGC, on IMM form, you choose College certificate

PGD = College diploma. In ontario, it is Usually 2 years duration. You will end up with a certificate that says Ontario College Diploma or Ontario College Graduate diploma depending on the school.

If you are going for PGD, on IMM form, select College diploma

Applied degree is below PGC and PGD. Usually longer in duration depending on the school.
I think Applied degree is same level as Bachelors.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tonyodg:
hmm so you didn’t submit any source of income ?

Just the sponsor’s source that I mentioned in the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Uki247:
quote author=Tonyodg post=94233722] cheesy

please quote us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Dame24:

I uploaded:
SOP
Sponsor’s letter
Bank reference letter
Transcript
NYSC certificate
IELTS result
Sponsor’s passport
Police character
Submitted with faith.

congrats! AIP yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.