Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1172893 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hi Oghogho,
just to weigh in on the matter too, my background is in engineering and I am going for MBA, I got an AIP on September 10. Don't know about ur work experience but in my case I am a safety engineer for a company, I just argue that I had master the technical aspect but I was lacking in project management and financial skills which made me realize diversifying would assist me to have a fulfilling career.
Oghogho1313:
Many thanks for the candid feedback. I will keep these in mind.

I would appreciate more feedback from the house in terms of advise on how to move favorably forward.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
What’s your profile like - if you don’t mind sharing...

undergraduate degree?
Program you’re going to study
Tuition and fees
When did you complete your ist degree? / any study gaps?
Age?
Is the sponsor directly related to you?

Dame24:

Just the sponsor’s source that I mentioned in the letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
Eilenora:
I am a bit unclear, my course says:

BMT1B - Business Management, London South
Start Date: January 04, 2021 End Date: August 31, 2022
Level: Graduate Certificate Program Status: Full-Time

As you can see, mine is a 2years programme but described as a graduate certificate on the offer letter which is contrary to your explanation of most 2 year courses being diplomas. What will my certificate say? I selected College Certificate on my IMM form not diploma. The options were: College certificate, college diploma and college applied degree.

I think you’re right with the selection of the college certificate and your certificate should say “College Graduate certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
silvamania:
Evening ,

I have Age parents two siblings . One is a coowner a reputable printing company in Nigeria And the other one who is my half brother is permanently based in the UK as an engineer

Am the last born

I want to confirm if Mentioning these facts won’t work against my family ties situation

Thank you

Who is your sponsor?

If they are sponsoring you, then you need to show how they are related to you, what they do for a living, statement of account and so forth. There is no way you wont disclose the above information.

If they are not sponsoring you, you don't need to if you are not asked.

In my opinion, disclosing you have a family member outside the country does not affect your application if he/she is a legal resident of that country, you can convince the visa officer you will come back to your country, clearly state why you chose your program and your study plans post completion of your studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Dame24:
There’s no how we can’t attribute most of the successes to God.
I applied on 10th of September
Biometrics letter: 11th September
Medical request: 18th September
AIP: 19th September

I applied for a diploma totally not related to my previous course.
I uploaded:
SOP
Sponsor’s SOA (about 6.8m)
Sponsor’s properties documents
Sponsor’s letter
Bank reference letter
School statement of result (as certificate is not ready yet)
Transcript
NYSC certificate
IELTS result
Sponsor’s passport
Receipt of admission confirmation fee ($500)
Police character
Submitted with faith.

And glory be to God I’ve been getting positive vibes so far.

Wow, going for diploma & it's not related to your previous education, this is fantabolous, To God be the Glory

But do you have work experience in the Diploma program you are going for?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

congrats! AIP yet?

Thanks! Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Aderin0la:

undergraduate degree?
Tuition and fees
Age?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Wow, going for diploma & it's not related to your previous education, this is fantabolous, To God be the Glory

But do you have work experience in the Diploma program you are going for?

No I do not have a work experience in the field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Aderin0la:

undergraduate degree?
Tuition and fees
Age?

Undergrad: Kinesiology 2018
Program I’m going for: International hospitality management
23yo
Sponsor is my dad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok good. And Congrats

Dame24:

23yo
Sponsor is my dad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
Yes I am going to Fanshawe

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it

Naijaforeigner:

You are coming to Fanshawe College.

I said most NOT ALL PGC are 8 months - 1 year and PGD usually 2 years. That was why I added a clause that school and program determines these things as well.

It does not mean you can’t have situations where there will be 2 years PGC. The school, program and degree type determines duration of these programs.

So back to your question, your program is a 24 months PGC as stated on your LOA. That’s fine.

What you selected on your IMM form is correct.
PGC = college certificate. You have nothing to worry about.how

What will appear on your certificate is Ontario College Graduate certificate.

I shared an image of how a fanshawe PGC certificate looks like about 3 pages back. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
nayo10:
Hi Oghogho,
just to weigh in on the matter too, my background is in engineering and I am going for MBA, I got an AIP on September 10. Don't know about ur work experience but in my case I am a safety engineer for a company, I just argue that I had master the technical aspect but I was lacking in project management and financial skills which made me realize diversifying would assist me to have a fulfilling career.

Thanks and Congrats on your AIP. That's no mean feat.

What was your profile like? Did you have all funds in one account or had investments. As per my SOP, I actually thought I did a good job explaining why I needed the MBA and the particular concentration within the MBA I would specialize.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:

Thanks and Congrats on your AIP. That's no mean feat.

What was your profile like? Did you have all funds in one account or had investments. As per my SOP, I actually thought I did a good job explaining why I needed the MBA and the particular concentration within the MBA I would specialize.

Is ur MBA at New Brunswick ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oghogho1313:

You are quite correct. To provide a bit of context. I applied in May and the elligibiity review was done a month later in June. So, from June to September no update reflected online via the ircc portal besides biometric done in August and medicals(Upfront) done in August. I hope they still give out approvals to everyone still waiting for approvals in the gcms notes. I am only saying its quite likely it might not be the case.

Timeline

Applied on 15th May
Biometric letter 16th May
Upfront medical 1st August
Send webform to update on deferment from Fall to Winter semester due to processing delays August
Biometric enrolment 24th August (Updated same day online)
Medical passed 27th August (after sending same via webform and email some weeks earlier)
Requested gcms notes on 1st September
received gcms notes on 23rd September (note that eligibility failed as at 10th June as that was when the entry was made in the gcms notes)

Documents

B.Eng Degree Cert with 2-1
Intro letter from the office indicating position, gross salary etc
Land docs in lagos and another state
Tenancy docs in current abode
Police certificate
LOA from school for MBA program along with other documents
Payment of 1,000 CAD tution deposit evidenced by official receipt from school
Professional certification certificates
1 year Bank Statement with balance of 1.2m (inflow of 12m and outflow of 11m within 6 month period)
6 month pay slip with more than 1m monthly pay
Mutual Fund dollar statement signed and stamped with balance of 10,000 USD
Mutual Fund naira statement signed and stamped with balance of 19,000,000 NGN
Passport and Visa pages with valid UK visa at the time
Confirmation letter from the office
Salary review letter
Children's birth certificates
Marriage certificate
Letter of explanation/SOP detailing why I chose the program, Canada, short and long term career goals and how this fits in, family ties etc
NYSC Certificate
IELTS Results
WAEC Result
First Degree Transcripts

As Frank would say, "It will end in praise"

This profile is too tight. I can’t figure out why they rejected it. What did your VO write in the note portion? Who is your sponsor? Did you apply with family or alone? If alone, any support letter from your spouse or guardian of your kids when you are away? Work experience? Previous education? IELTS score? What’s your career goal and how does it match with your experience and proposed program? I also don’t know how mutual funds work, but is it accessible if you are self-sponsored. Which financial organization is registered with? Is the organization well known in Nigeria?

I have only asked these questions to clarify your application and maybe figure out why you failed the eligibility test.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Dame24:
There’s no how we can’t attribute most of the successes to God.
I applied on 10th of September
Biometrics letter: 11th September
Medical request: 18th September
AIP: 19th September

I applied for a diploma totally not related to my previous course.
I uploaded:
SOP
Sponsor’s SOA (about 6.8m)
Sponsor’s properties documents
Sponsor’s letter
Bank reference letter
School statement of result (as certificate is not ready yet)
Transcript
NYSC certificate
IELTS result
Sponsor’s passport
Receipt of admission confirmation fee ($500)
Police character
Submitted with faith.

And glory be to God I’ve been getting positive vibes so far.

Congrats.

1. Relationship to your sponsor.

2. proposed and past program.

3. Did you submit statement of account? If yes, what amount?

4. What other documents did you submit?

Thanks. These information will be beneficial to future applicants. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
sleekcheek:
Are we saying those that got rejected did not submit with faith or did not back it up with prayers? The point is let’s leave this forum for information and practical responses and leave the religion part for our religious groups. Besides a denial can also be God’s way of saying not yet or not for you

I can testify to your last statement and the fact that Some testimony are just mockery as they do not offer any insights to other members. I wish we can leave the part of “God did it” to church members. We are here to know how.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FifthTribe: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please i need an answer..is there any advantage in having a sibling in Canada who has PR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
FifthTribe:
Please i need an answer..is there any advantage in having a sibling in Canada who has PR?

For student visa process? I’m not sure about that. I think it will make visa officers to raise eyebrows, particularly if the sibling is the sponsor. I will just mention the person in family form as living in Canada. Beyond this, I may just silent the person. I have only speculated sha.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please I need clarification; when applying to University for Graduate Diploma, in filling the IMM1294 form, what should one select between college certificate, Masters Degree Or Others?

My Course is:

BMT1B - Business Analytics
Level: Baccalaureate Diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ddgirl05(f): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hi Guys,

Would you suggest this as a good program for my sis who asked the early childhood diploma question earlier? https://werklund(dot)ucalgary(dot)ca/undergraduate-programs/future-students/pathways-and-admissions/two-year-campus-bachelor-education
It. This program offered by UniCal is for graduates who want to pivot into teaching, although it's an undergraduate degree (B.Ed) at the end of the program. From past experiences do you think it would raise questions from the VO? since my sis is a mature adult doing another "undergraduate" degree?

All responses are appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Dame24:

No I do not have a work experience in the field.
Alright.... Congratulations Honorable Dame24
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ddgirl05(f): 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
I agree, having too many family ties to Canada especially with siblings might make the VO think you're more likely to stay back.

Osemigho:

For student visa process? I’m not sure about that. I think it will make visa officers to raise eyebrows, particularly if the sibling is the sponsor. I will just mention the person in family form as living in Canada. Beyond this, I may just silent the person. I have only speculated sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ddgirl05(f): 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wow, congrats.

My sis also wants to apply for an early childhood diploma offered by Bow valley college, although her BA is in linguistics. But she's been teaching for 4 years. Posts from here have advised against Diplomas due to past cases but your story is giving us hope. Thanks for sharing

Dame24:

23yo
Sponsor is my dad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BNTtech: 12:00am On Sep 24, 2020
IlesanmiG:
Good Morning All. Please who has done BCS-IT (British Computer Society) here? I need urgent help with how to even register...and the most suitable module for WES evaluation. Registration closes in 4 days.

Thanks to @JustMellow, I got the notif for this. What sort of help do you need to register? All you need to do is visit their website and make payment for membership and the exam, 140 pounds (if you choose a year). The only challenge you may face now is international spending limits on some bank debit cards.

The most suitable module, I believe you are alluding to is the Certificate in IT. 3 courses. I hope you have a lot of time to prepare before exam day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrkingz: 12:46am On Sep 24, 2020
Greetings Great Minds,

May i ask if it is COMPULSORY for me to include bio data page of int'l passport of my both parents as
part of the documents to be submitted for STUDY VISA to prove home ties..?
Thank you in advance for helping out with an answer.

Cc; JustMellow

justwise:

Credit to Luckymama

[b]

Credit to Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uki247: 1:42am On Sep 24, 2020
House please what does this mean?

Counterfoil request: YES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hayqinsbFX: 2:10am On Sep 24, 2020
Your application was made outside of canada and you require a visa stamp upon approval of application.
Uki247:
House please what does this mean?

Counterfoil request: YES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abiliboi: 2:23am On Sep 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello,

U are welcome

3.5m ain't sufficient to study in Canada

Apart from tuition fee (in which International Student pay more than Domestic Students),

U need to show One Year Compulsory Living Expenses of $10,000 Canadian Dollar, that's equivalent to like 2.9 to 3.1 million Naira (Depending on Exchange Rate)

Do visit the website of the school you wanna apply to, Check their Tuition for International Students , Convert it to Naira, Add it up with the One Year Living Expenses ($10KCAD), that will give you an idea on what to Budget for.

Finally,
Since you are new to the thread,
visit the link below and get some
Enlightenment & Education as regards CANADA STUDY VISA
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

okay thanks bruh. I will do just that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kasmilla(m): 3:43am On Sep 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

NO,
If u are a NIGERIAN, u don't need an English Test to apply for a PGD or M.SC in Canada,
Ignore it when you see it as an admission requirement for a program of ur interest.

NIGERIA is an English Speaking Country & ur medium of instruction from the University/Polytechnic you graduated from is English etc
pls can you guide me on how to get admission in a Canadian University 08107639148

IELTS (English Test) for admission in Canada are meant for countries whose language or official language is not ENGLISH e.g India, China, Philippine , Vietnam etc.

Its only when you want to apply for a Canada Permanent Residency (PR) that its highly required of u to do IELTS test

If the school u graduated from is opened (Registrar Office) , U can get an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter from them I.e LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, this is optional though

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kasmilla(m): 4:26am On Sep 24, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I don't give mere speculations here. I think its high time you all should understand my stance on any topic been raised here. If I am not too sure of a particular topic, I don't go into detail debating about it. I remember vividly and very clearly that I said it on this platform that the receipt of an AIP letter is NOT a guarantee that an applicant will be approved of the second stage. Many counterattacked my post and were obivoulsy thinking that I'm depriving people on this window from showing great happiness. However this is not the case, as I was merely advising applicants here from the wisdom of my knowledge and the number of applications and cases I see on a regular basis and the tricks that are likely to be employed by IRCC this fall 2020. I reiterate that IRCC are using this AIP as a means to lure applicants into paying their tuition fees for the survival of her economy. Do not begin classes until you have received the final verdict from IRCC. Please be properly guided if you've not been told before, a Visa officer can decide to start your ELIGIBILITY review afresh after receiving a complete application (biometrics enrollment details and medicals), this I have seen on numerous GCMS notes especially when a new VO picks up the file for a final review.

I'll be here to watch how things unfolds in no distant time.

As always, it will end in praise.
Mr Frank I need your advice ,as a graduate with 2.2 in civil engineering . , Should I apply for masters programs or go for undergraduate University visa. Which one of them will be more quicker in getting a visa and less costly. I really need to leave this country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 4:45am On Sep 24, 2020
kasmilla:
Mr Frank I need your advice ,as a graduate with 2.2 in civil engineering . , Should I apply for masters programs or go for undergraduate University visa. Which one of them will be more quicker in getting a visa and less costly. I really need to leave this country.

you can’t get admission for a masters with 2.2,your best bet is postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uki247: 4:56am On Sep 24, 2020

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.