Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1179337 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
MadeMan01:

For what start date. When do her lectures start?
she got admission for the fall semester but defer to January, winter semester,2021.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
You are spot on. I could not agree more. As typical of Africans, we are quite religious. The way people from other countries outside of Africa get AIPs of study permits we might as well say God favors them more than Nigerians/Africans.

Kimkalash:
Good morning guys, i hope you are doing fine.
Although i have been following this thread hourly for about a month, i joined nairaland just a few minutes ago.
First of all, i would like to commend the selflessness of many of you that take it in your stride to help newbies with their application. Infact, if i had joined nairaland before applying, i can imagine how much more i would had learned.

What nudged me to comment is a combo of a few things and i will relate them to my application:

1)The issue of luck: Albeit trained, these visa officers are humans whose moods could flip at anytime and ascribe different amounts of weight to the same item in peoples's applications. If not for this thread, i wouldnt had known how difficult or tight canadian visa was. This is because spending two years studying abroad during undergrad in Eastern Europe came quite easy as regards getting a visa. Seeing the gigantic profiles of some people actually made me to think whether mine would even be considered at all. However we choose to look at it, luck plays a role when the v.o's discretion is all that's left to make a decision

2) The issue of announcements: I applied on the first of August and even my POF was combined by someone on this thread that got admitted alongside me for the same course in the same school. It seemed like rocket science how she did it though. Infact, she helped me to register for biometrics and we did biometrics on the same day just minutes apart. This lady gave out the same thing i put out. She has a scholarship and money in her account. She has proven home ties and a great job. On the 2nd of September, i got a medical request and she was the first person i told. I decided not to post it on the group because most people that do it do so to announce their arrival. Since my application procedure wasnt gotten from this thread, i felt it would be hypocritical if an announcement is the only thing i would do. You would notice that immediately after getting congratulations, they would go mute. This doesnt speak well because giving practical details of how and what you submitted is the least you could give back when something positive comes out of what you post on this thread.

3) The issue of God: I dont know why we Nigerians like to infuse hypocrisy in our opinions. This group is strictly for practical details and advice on how best to apply for a study permit. The lady that helped me register for biometrics and compile my POF is more God fearing, more religious and more helpful than i am. I got my AIP on the 4th of September but she hasnt even gotten a medical request. If i come out and start with " It can only be God or i told God to make his angels descend and exhaust the v.o and not have time for any other application till he approves mine', what impression am i trying to create? Am i saying God decided to help me and not help other applicants despite them having stronger documents and even more prayer prayer points? What if someone else starts with "It can only be Sango or Amadioha?'.Would that not so divide us? The spiritual attribution to your success should be kept as personally as you can or else some people who were refused would begin to think all they need is more prayers. Overly ascribing your success to prayers when others have failed even when they put in more than you only implies that you are mocking them indirectly. God did it for you? Okay keep it to yourself. Give us details and share your experience. There are other threads on nairaland for spiritual testimonies.

I hope my post doesnt get misunderstood. It's quite tough to be on the waiting list for months and even i am not fully gone. Let's keep being supportive and realistic at the same time. I really wish everyone the best

It will end in praise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
By the way, here are the things i submitted
1) SOP of six paragraphs stating my contribution to society while abroad inside and outside the school, the reason for the stark difference between my first degree and my present course of study(I have a B.A in Russian Language in Literature but am going for an MBA), my job as an Assistant manager and why the need for an upward reach in management would need me to take an MBA, what each course in an MBA from MUN would add to me, my long term and short term goals and what i intend to contribute to the global economy if this goals come to actualize. I didnt even say a word about my sponsor. My mind no even go there

2) My GMAT result

3) Acceptance letter and list of courses to be taken

4) My B.A certificate ( had a 4.46 cgpa from Unilag)

5) Transcripts

6)The forms to be filled

7) Sponsor's account statement of 15 million naira balance. My uncle is my sponsor

cool His business reg docs

9) Letter of sponsorship from him

10) Affidavit of financial support that even detailed his kids studying abroad, his asset base(landed properties valued at one billion naira) and quarterly income of one hundred million naira)

11) Tax receipts of four months

14) Passport data page

15) My police clearance certificate.

16)My CV

17)Letter of appoitment

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I need help on how to begin my application to university of Manitoba or Brandon university. I can’t send pm to people here. Please I need someone to help me out������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

Saw this somewhere...

Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program - McGill University, Quebec - Masters Studies (Non-Thesis) for FALL 2021 is now OPEN

https://www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/apply-program

Interested & Qualified applicants can give it a shot

Check the link above for more DETAILS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Happydodo2: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please my able gurus,

How can I get the GCMS note please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
Aderin0la:
Most probably YES. Congrats in advance.

Please can you share her profile and which documents you submitted...

Thanks so much �, will be very happy if it's granted ooo. applied on 21st September, biometrics and medical request on 24th September,
documents uploaded,
sponsor statement of account worth 60M, transfer of 3M(10,000cad) to the girl naira account, sponsor(bro in law) Landed docs, marriage certificate of sponsor, sponsor is brother in law(marriage certificate with aunt ) family and wedding pictures with Applicant, acceptance letter from school (no tuition paid) , applicant secondary school certificate, reference letter for sponsorship declaration from secondary school, church , co-sponsor affidavit (her dad), dad land agreement, no account of dad included. only sponsor account and Applicant account. God will continue to crown our efforts with success, insha Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
DINO71:

A Beautiful profile, i dont understand, what did your GCMS notes say that was lacking? Hmmmmm

Well, they said they are not sure I would want to come back after studies. Link between my previous study, gap in studies, work experience and course of study planned in Ca etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Godsblessings:
she got admission for the fall semester but defer to January, winter semester,2021.

Ok. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
Happydodo2:
Please my able gurus,

How can I get the GCMS note please?
Search google for gcms notes and prepare to pay between 12 dollars
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Go to the school official website and access their admissions menu for international students
Oluwatosin2000:
Hello everyone, I need help on how to begin my application to university of Manitoba or Brandon university. I can’t send pm to people here. Please I need someone to help me out������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
what
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
Good day everyone,

Please how can I pay my tuition fee from Nigeria?

Most banks don't have forex.

Anyone with a link of where I can buy CAD?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello,

Please is it a trend now that if you receive correspondence letter about biometric after passing medical (upfront) refusal is coming next?
Applicant's profile:
Applied on May 14th from china (finished msc there).
Admission for PhD in Alberta
29k/annum funding from Agri Food Canada
Denied visit visa last year (mentioned this in SOP)
Upfront medical (passed on August 5th)
Sept 13 applied for GCSM note
Correspondence about biometric (today Sept 24)

Please is it likely a refusal (I understand that its just speculation but I know many people here have experienceand could tell even before formal decision)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by atiteb4: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Hello,

Please is it a trend now that if you receive correspondence letter about biometric after passing medical (upfront) refusal is coming next?
Applicant's profile:

Please is it likely a refusal (I understand that its just speculation but I know many people here have experienceand could tell even before formal decision)?
I don't think so sir. It's rare to see PhD guys get denied with full funding. Just remain positive. You will receive a positive decision by God grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thank you for the kind response. We will keep fingers crossed
atiteb4:
I don't think so sir. It's rare to see PhD guys get denied with full funding. Just remain positive. You will receive a positive decision by God grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Hello,

Applicant's profile:

Your BVL message can indicate only one of two things but given your profile, I doubt that it is a rejection. However, since many people are not receiving passport requests at the time, we really can't say what is in store for your application. Do keep us updated when an update comes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kimkalash:
1) SOP of six paragraphs stating my contribution to society while abroad inside and outside the school, the reason for the stark difference between my first degree and my present course of study(I have a B.A in Russian Language in Literature but am going for an MBA), my job as an Assistant manager and why the need for an upward reach in management would need me to take an MBA, what each course in an MBA from MUN would add to me, my long term and short term goals and what i intend to contribute to the global economy if this goals come to actualize. I didnt even say a word about my sponsor. My mind no even go there

2) My GMAT result

5) Transcripts

6)The forms to be filled

7) Sponsor's account statement of 15 million naira balance. My uncle is my sponsor

10) Affidavit of financial support that even detailed his kids studying abroad, his asset base(landed properties valued at one billion naira) and quarterly income of one hundred million naira)

14) Passport data page

16)My CV

17)Letter of appoitment

It will end in praise

your profile is nice man... when did you submit your application?

SOP of 6 paragraphs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by atiteb4: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Thank you for the kind response. We will keep fingers crossed
you are welcome sir. Kindly check Ur gmail, I pm you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by atiteb4: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
Did anyone apply to DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY winter session? Any update on the admission?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Hello,

Applicant's profile:

Do you think this l could be a COVID safety measure. Not saying you are infected or refused,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
First of August

NwanyiOkpa:

your profile is nice man... when did you submit your application?

SOP of 6 paragraphs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
Yea, I have replied.
atiteb4:
you are welcome sir. Kindly check Ur gmail, I pm you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
Dietminute:
Good one, please how did you go about strong home ties?

Just mentioned parents and siblings in my SOP, and maybe the properties documents helped. Only them knows the basis they accept or reject applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mazeb: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
My sister’s application was rejected by IRCC today based on home ties and getting employment in home country. However, she has started her online classes this September 2020.

She is confident that she can address the issues raised but the question now is :

1 How soon can she reapply.
2 Can she use the same documents before and add LOE.
3. How long is the reapplication process likely to take to enable her know if she can continue with her online lectures.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Go to your bank and request for Form A to pay your tuition

LordAA:
Good day everyone,

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vslayer: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kimkalash:

2) My GMAT result

5) Transcripts

6)The forms to be filled

14) Passport data page

16)My CV

17)Letter of appoitment

It will end in praise

All this kind profile dey fear me oo... Where I wan see this kind money for sponsorship

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
LordAA:
Good day everyone,

Thanks

flywire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sent you one since morning

Sanovsky007:
Please I need someone to help me out with an SOP that has got approval.

I think I was rejected because I did not convey clearly my intentions(I thought I did). every other thing looked solid, I want to reapply by December.

I don't intend to plagiarize, just need something to compare with to know where my gaps could have been.

or alternatively if the someone with experience in the house is willing to review my SOP I would appreciate

wirehay76 at Gmail dot com.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by impeccablerose: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
atiteb4:
Did anyone apply to DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY winter session? Any update on the admission?

I submitted my application since June. No feedback yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
atiteb4:
Hello I also applied as well... No update yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please house ,. I have been trying to book appointments for my sis ion VFS global but it has not been successful oo , what could be wrong ? Which brouser are ppl using cos I used chrome . Help ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.