Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1164986 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello. Yes it is IOM. Kindly send an email to iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

“Kindly inform us your preferred date for the test for proper booking of appointment, bearing in mind that we do not attend to e-medical cases on Fridays and do not work over the weekends”

It costs 46,500 Naira if you’re 15 years and above. After sending an email with your preferred date, they’ll reply you to confirm it and provide account details for payment, address (it’s in Asokoro) and further details.

If you have any more questions, I’d be happy to answer.

Godsblessings:
Hello house , pls I need the address of where to take the medical examination in abuja , cost and how to book for the appointment. Is it IOM or where?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello, I think you should post on the EE thread. People there should be more informed about this. All the best.
Oghogho1313:
Hi able Gurus in the house. Does the BCS IT certification give you points like a masters for the EE? One needs to be looking at all angles now with the spate of rejections.

Someone pls help with more information and link to resources on the certification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
impeccablerose:

I applied for the same program.
Wow great. I applied August 19th...I was told they would get back to me after 6 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Godsblessings:
Hello house , pls I need the address of where to take the medical examination in abuja , cost and how to book for the appointment. Is it IOM or where?
IOM MHAC Abuja
Address: No. 55, Hassan Musa Katsina Road ( at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street), Asokoro

Medicals at IOM, age 15 & above is #46,500

Visit the link below on
HOW TO Book for Medicals at IOMHAC online (Lagos or Abuja)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93166607

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by impeccablerose: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
Minah2020:

Wow great. I applied August 19th...I was told they would get back to me after 6 weeks

Same here.
I applied in the last week of June. I got the same 6 weeks reply from Heather.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Your profile looks good

Komolafeboy:
Hello house.

Me too i have come with my rejection letter�.

I own to to my mistakes as i knew i really didn’t do well in some aspects, however, i wish to get more advice from people on here on the next possible trajectory for my visa reapplication.

Here’s my profile:

A graduate of Psychology. 4.11 cgpa and best graduate from my dept. Got a job as a graduate assistant job in 2016 before Nysc completion coz you can’t work as a psychologist till you get some experience and go forth with your masters.

Resigned one year later and got a training offer for ship and oil rig welding in Lagos 2017/18. Upon completion i got another training offer for another welding process 2018/19. I got a job few months to completing the training in another state. Worked for 7mnths before Corona said it’s okay.

Got back to lagos in mid year and shot for Canada SP with an admission in Welding and Fabrication.

Docs submitted:

Adm letter

Professional certifications earned in Welding

Awards received from welding school

Tuition fee for the semester receipt

Bsc Statement of result

Dad’s pof 18m bal

Mine 1.3m bal

Affidavit of support

Employment letter from last work

Work ID

Dad’s work ID

2 Land docs

Screen shots from Australian schools indicating same program admitted to in Canada are not available to international students

Picture of ppe Materials required by school

Police certificate ...

My issues now is that. I was actually out of job when I applied for SP. but recently, i passed a qualification test and just awaiting medicals before job commencement. So i think i can address some issues raised. And there’s always a need for skill upgrade or else u would be on your own very soon.

Also, I recently renewed my interest in psychology and made contacts with few school lecturers. Many have accepted to accept me with funding options but am yet to apply directly to the school. Mind you, you cant practice as a psychologist till u have a minimum of Bsc but preferred PHD. So i am ultimately committing 6years to this journey if at all i go for it. There’s no terminal msc, u do it with intentions of competing phd. I already have a publication in an international journal, hence i think the reason for good response from schools I contacted.

I just need to get reviews on the best possible way to reshoot my shots and not miss target. I would appreciate everyone’s contribution

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrkingz: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thanks for sharing.

Please any ideas if any one has been successful getting a study approval using a LOA offered by a DLI that
does MBA but via a completion of MBA Foundation courses..? University Canada West offers MBA foundation courses for those with low class of degree but work experience.
Thanks.

ConradAce1:
Sure you and i haven't gotten the same sister?? LOL.
Well, applied on my sister's behalf who got a B.A in Linguistics and has been working for about 4 years now, owns land property and got straight refusal.
Awaiting the GCSM notes but i began seeing some blunders when i had already submitted the application but said ''Man na Man''
She had a third class so couldn't go in for a MSC and we decided to switch to a Diploma in Journalism since they are two correlated fields and was well elucidated on her LOE and how it would impact her, career progression but all went in vein.

Go for a progression. Can't have a B.A and go for a Diploma please. How old is she ??
There is no formular in sponsorship but makes sure it's either Mum or Dad or a study loan (best preferred).
If it's a third party (Uncle, in law...) have the money transferred to her account and get a LOS from them.
Hope we can work together, i do plan to appeal for her
Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gbjobs1: 12:23am On Sep 25, 2020
USE YOUR MSC ROUTE. ITS SAFER. BE WISE.

Komolafeboy:
Thanks for the response sir. I would like to reapply for SP but need headstart on the best route to apply with.

Should i stick to reapplication with Welding and Fabrication or i should use the M.sc route.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 25, 2020
Chizzymuna:
Good morning Guru in the house, am a slient member and have been following all post.
I was denied study visa on the ground of
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your purpose of visit

2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your personal assest and financial status.

My sponsor is my dad, though am married. My hubby is a banker but his salary is not sufficient. My name in the application is my maiden name. I have visitors visa in USA and Canada thou both are expired this year. my daughter is a USA citizen. I also used my brother based in Canada as additional sponsor apart from my dad. Please wat should I do. I want to reapply. I am a nurse and gained admission at conestoga college.

Your best option is either your husband sponsor you or you self sponsor, you are married with a child but depending on your father and brother to sponsor your study to Canada do not show you are sufficiently established in your home country. Try and get money into your husband account and let him stand as your sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 12:44am On Sep 25, 2020
Reason for Rejection

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

PLEASE ADVICE

@Justwise
@osemigbo
@frankrobbn1 , @naijaforeigner @vibrant99 @Akannitommy
and other gurus.

Help me dissect my case

had over 5.68m in my account and sch fees is $37k
I had my mum as my sponsor account of 15m and husband Account of 3m as co sponsor.
I have sibling with a PR in canada
I included four landed properties of shared by myself and husband.
I included my mums landed properties too.
I applied alone and did not include any of my 4kids and hubby.I attached birth cert, job details etc

The sch doesn't require I pay the fees yet
No 1 is accompanying me.. no need for the second reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 12:58am On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you Chocs. I submitted sponsors source of income and account for mum and husband.

1. Acting as Self sponsorship-
Is it Advisable increase funds in my account, pay the tuition fees, buy GIT worth 10K CAD and reapply after the GCMS NOTES ARE BACK.

or

2. get husband to cosponsor with the above BUT ONLY (PAY PAYING PART TUITION)

PLEASE ADVICE

@Justwise
@osemigbo
@frankrobbn1 , @naijaforeigner @vibrant99
and other gurus. Help me dissect my case

Chocs:
I’m sorry to hear about your refusal. I’ll advice you to order your GCMS notes to see the specific reason for the refusal. It can take up to 35 days and costs $12. If a Canadian citizen/PR applies on your behalf, it’s $5.

Did you submit a sponsorship letter? How many years is your course?

I’m not an expert but an applicant myself, but from my little knowledge, it would have been nice to have an amount enough for tuition and living expenses in your account. Your tuition alone is over 10 million. You also needed to show 10,000 CAD for living expenses. Your sponsor wouldn’t be able to release all the money in her account. So your finances might have been a bit tight.

Did you submit source of income for your sponsor? (Pay slips? Proof of business?)

After getting your GCMS and seeing the exact reason, please tackle it. Also, paying your tuition ahead would prove your capabilities. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abimbolakay123: 1:00am On Sep 25, 2020
vibrant99:
Your profile looks good

hello dear Nairalanders my name is Abimbola and I was denied a visa to study in Canada late last year I really should not go in details boring ya'll with how I made the application cause I hate to dwell in the past plus after coming on nairaland for the second time I realised that my former application was a total mess judging from the kind of information that have been shared on this wonderful platform. i really wished that I had seen all of this earlier

I have been really scared of another rejection so I kept on deferring my admission to the next semester and now I have another offer letter for January 2021 intake and I decided to re apply for a visa at the Canadian embassy again n

I would like to present my case to this amazing panel of elite minds and I look forward to getting your opinions on whether or not it is a good decision to re apply and what my chances are at getting a visa.

so i graduated from the university 2018 with a 2.2 and a Bachelor's degree in finance, i worked in a tax and audit firm for my nysc through out 2019, after which i worked as a facilities manager in a serviced apartment in lekki, i have not been working since the Covid 19 pandemic hit hard in march.

i have an offer letter form a college in Toronto to study a post graduate diploma (not masters)

i have completed my NYSC

my dad is my sponsor and he resides in south africa where he has a business registered in his name with a business account and a property

he also has a Nigeria bank account he opened early this year and the account is well funded

i have visited him once in south Africa so i have their stamp on my passport

my dad has visa stamps of both Canada and USA on his passport

my personal account is not well funded so i have place all my hopes of getting the visa on my dads document

my questions:

1. can the fact my dad being in south Africa and i in Nigeria hinder him being my sponsor?

2. can the fact that i not having a well funded account or work experience cause a rejection?

3. do you think i shouldn't re apply and just gather more work experience?

4. if i should re apply do you think it's wise for me to merge the Nigeria account he opened with his south African documents which carries different addresses or i should just stick with the south Africa documents alone?

I'll be waiting patiently for a response from ya'll please help provide as much relevant information as you can

p.s I'll be 24 years old in November and the fact that my dad is not here means he can't swear an affidavit of sponsorship

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2020
NairaLuck:

Please I want to understand, do you need to pay to have an Express entry profile or you can just create one? Or is the payment done when you get an invitation to apply ITA?

No you don't need to pay to set up a profile. You only pay for your application fees after you must have gotten an ITA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:08am On Sep 25, 2020
Woke up to bad news, was denied. Reasons below..

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation

I have ordered for gcms notes last week. I am weak already

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2020
Please I need someone to help review my SOP.

Nah beg I dey beg...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2020
MadeMan01:

Pick "Others"
My school asked me to pick others

Ok. Thank you.
What's your school and program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 7:43am On Sep 25, 2020
@Olayinkaji, I am sorry to hear about this news and I hope it is simply a temporary delay. I tried to back-track your profile from previous posts, but there is a limit to which I can piece together a comprehensive profile. Can you please summarize for the group your profile etc - e.g. I read where said BVL (I assume this was BCL, I also made the mistake severally until recently), I saw where you mentioned regretting using agent...and upfront medical which you passed, plus many more snippets about your profile. Please whenever you can, put these together as well as your documents list in a single post.

It shall end in praise!

Olayinkaji:
Woke up to bad news, was denied. Reasons below..

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation

I have ordered for gcms notes last week. I am weak already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 8:15am On Sep 25, 2020
Madam, calculating with 1CAD = N300, your tuition alone is over 11million.
Plus you have to show at least 10kCAD to cover living expenses.
You simply didn't provide enough money
demiiii:
Reason for Rejection

available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

PLEASE ADVICE

@Justwise
@osemigbo
@frankrobbn1 , @naijaforeigner @vibrant99 @Akannitommy
and other gurus.

Help me dissect my case

had over 5.68m in my account and sch fees is $37k
I had my mum as my sponsor account of 15m and husband Account of 3m as co sponsor.
I have sibling with a PR in canada
I included four landed properties of shared by myself and husband.
I included my mums landed properties too.
I applied alone and did not include any of my 4kids and hubby.I attached birth cert, job details etc

The sch doesn't require I pay the fees yet
No 1 is accompanying me.. no need for the second reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:39am On Sep 25, 2020
Hello! Maiden name is her original surname before marriage, not her mother’s name(except she was using her mother’s name before marriage)

Also, if she filled her marital status as “married” and attached her marriage certificate it would show that she’s married to her husband. Therefore, the different surnames shouldn’t be a problem.

It’s not new/strange in developed countries for women to keep their maiden names after marriage. So it shouldn’t cause any conflict.

Chukwubuikexo:
Posting your profile would throw more light on the “purpose of visit" reason.

Plus don't you think you using your maiden name while showing you are married would cause a little bit of conflict on your intentions to the VO, you maybe submitted other documents that had you husband's surname. You used your mother's name(maiden name) while your Dad is your sponsor, probably that suggests to the VO that you aren't close to your Dad, thus, ”the financial status" reason.

You could build your husband's account balance before reapplying, use him as your main sponsor(it strengthens home ties), then add your Dad and brother as cosponsors

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:46am On Sep 25, 2020
Akannitommy:
@Olayinkaji, I am sorry to hear about this news and I hope it is simply a temporary delay. I tried to back-track your profile from previous posts, but there is a limit to which I can piece together a comprehensive profile. Can you please summarize for the group your profile etc - e.g. I read where said BVL (I assume this was BCL, I also made the mistake severally until recently), I saw where you mentioned regretting using agent...and upfront medical which you passed, plus many more snippets about your profile. Please whenever you can, put these together as well as your documents list in a single post.

It shall end in praise!

Okay, I used a agent as advised by parents.
My profile: Got admission to NBCC for IT(Network and security)
Presently working as a Projects Officer (almost related to the course).
I wrote an SOP stating why I wanted to pursue the course as I am presently a part time Network Adminstartor in my fathers secondary school(i coordinate and install all internet/networok issues around the college) which made me manage a lots of projects around the school.
I stated after the diploma, i will later pursue a masters degree in same related field to advance my career as i grad'ed with 2-2.
I submitted land document, cac of the school, sponsor(dad) soa with a balance of 8m(total credit 22m, total debit -13m for 6 months duration; it expired on the day the agent submitted due to lockdown affecting soa release) and fixed deposit of 3m.
* Offer of employment as projects officer and letter stating as network administrator of the school(since its family-owned)
* Work ID card (as projects officer) with employment letter
* Letter of support
* CCNA cerficate
* I have never traveled outside Africa before except to benin on tour.

Grad year:2017,
Work date: immediately after my nysc ( more than a year work experience)
Medicals: did upfront medicals
Date of application: may 1,
BCL: May 2,
Upfront Medicals updated to pass: May 25

I hope this is enough profile if not, please feel free to ask me for more details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2020
I will let our in-house experts comment on this but I think we are missing your timeline(s) here. Age, grad year, marital status, work years, application date, online or paper application? (because I wonder why SOA will be delayed if you use self generated e-ticket option), BCL, MER (did you get a medical request even after doing upfront medical? etc). I think those additional details will get you some objective feedback here.

Olayinkaji:

I wrote an SOP stating why I wanted to pursue the course as I am presently a part time Network Adminstartor in my fathers secondary school(i coordinate and install all internet/networok issues around the college) which made me manage a lots of projects around the school.
I stated after the diploma, i will later pursue a masters degree in same related field to advance my career as i grad'ed with 2-2.
I submitted land document, cac of the school, sponsor(dad) soa with a balance of 8m(total credit 22m, total debit -13m for 6 months duration; it expired on the day the agent submitted due to lockdown affecting soa release) and fixed deposit of 3m.
* Offer of employment as projects officer and letter stating as network administrator of the school(since its family-owned)
* Letter of support
* CCNA cerficate

I hope this is enough profile if not, please feel free to ask me for more details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2020
Olayinkaji:

* Letter of support
* CCNA cerficate

na wa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wisdomchigbu(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2020
I was been rejected yesterday please can someone help me and tell me when I can be able to reapply again. And also can someone help me with the idea on how I will tackle with some of the reasons why I was been rejected please find my attached rejection document below. I am notsatisfiedthatyouwillleaveCanadaattheendofyourstay,asstipulatedin
subsection216(1)oftheIRPR,basedonyourtravelhistory.
•IamnotsatisfiedthatyouwillleaveCanadaattheendofyourstay,asstipulatedin
subsection216(1)oftheIRPR,basedonyourpersonalassetsandfinancialstatus.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2020
Akannitommy:
I will let our in-house experts comment on this but I think we are missing your timeline(s) here. Age, grad year, marital status, work years, application date, online or paper application? (because I wonder why SOA will be delayed if you use self generated e-ticket option), BCL, MER (did you get a medical request even after doing upfront medical? etc). I think those additional details will get you some objective feedback here.

Sorry about that, I am presently not in right state of mind, lol. But I have updated as requested, kindly check if anything is missing.
And I used a agent throughout
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2020
Wisdomchigbu:
I was been rejected yesterday please can someone help me and tell me when I can be able to reapply again. And also can someone help me with the idea on how I will tackle with some of the reasons why I was been rejected please find my attached rejection document below. I am notsatisfiedthatyouwillleaveCanadaattheendofyourstay,asstipulatedin

SOme of us denied on travel , some on finance . I don't even understand
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2020
I understand your state of mind, sorry about that once again. You already requested for GCMS notes so let's wait for that to arrive. Am sure the infor you provided already will get you some feedback as I am not very qualified to comment on the rationale etc for this decision.

#It shall end in praise!

Olayinkaji:

Sorry about that, I am presently not in right state of mind, lol. But I have updated as requested, kindly check if anything is missing.
And I used a agent throughout
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2020
Akannitommy:
I understand your state of mind, sorry about that once again. You already requested for GCMS notes so let's wait for that to arrive. Am sure the infor you provided already will get you some feedback as I am not very qualified to comment on the rationale etc for this decision.

#It shall end in praise!

Alright bro, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2020
mazeb:
My sister’s application was rejected by IRCC today based on home ties and getting employment in home country. However, she has started her online classes this September 2020.

She is confident that she can address the issues raised but the question now is :

1 How soon can she reapply.
2 Can she use the same documents before and add LOE.
3. How long is the reapplication process likely to take to enable her know if she can continue with her online lectures.

Was she given an AIP before rejection? These rejections are becoming too much oh!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:22am On Sep 25, 2020
Sorry to hear about your rejection. You did not provide any information about your application, so no one can offer any advice.

Please kindly share your profile (Age, current employment, etc) and all the documents you submitted.

Also, please order your GCMS note. This will show a more specific reason why you were denied as the reasons stated in your refusal letter are generic. You can google GCMS note and you’ll see how to order it. It can take up to 30 days to be ready and you need to pay about $12 for it.

I’ll advice you not to rush to reapply until you get your GCMS notes, so you can tackle the issues raised by the visa officer to avoid another refusal.

Wisdomchigbu:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2020
I am so sorry for your delayed visa, you can still try again bro, pls don't give up o
Olayinkaji:

* Letter of support
* CCNA cerficate

Grad year:2017,
Work date: immediately after my nysc ( more than a year work experience)
Medicals: did upfront medicals
Date of application: may 1,
BCL: May 2,
Upfront Medicals updated to pass: May 25

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.