Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1179995 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Purpose of visit and Finance.

Anon123:

Pls what was the reason given to why she was rejected in respect to the study permit and not the visiting visa .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hello, I bet it’s really upsetting . I’ll advice every other person, once some months have gone with no feedback, order your GCMS notes to see what’s going on with your application. From the note you’ll most likely find out if anything has gone wrong, instead of just waiting in limbo.
ayoadefantastic:
Just a rant!

I really think its unfair that you have determined an applicant ineligible since July 6th and just communicating that about 3months later.
Ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hello, typing everything in caps is a bit distracting.

(1) Let him defer his admission to a later start date.

(2) Order his GCMS notes immediately to see the specific reason for denial. You can google GCMS notes and you’ll see how to order it, it costs $12. It can take up to 35 days to be ready.

(3) Once he gets the GCMS notes and sees the visa officers comment(s), he can then repackage his documents and letter of explanation and reapply.

All the best

Londonboi7960:
HELLO PLS MY FELLOW GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLS KINDLY HELP ME OUT I NEED A GOOD ADVISE MY GOOD FRIEND ND BROTHER FRM ANOTHER MOTHER APPLIED FOR SP ON THE 19 MAY BIOMETRIC DONE ON 21 SEPTMBER RECIEVE IS REFUSAL LETTER ON THE 24 OF SEPTEMBER BUT HIS ADMISSION IS GOING TO END 2021 PLS WHAT TO DO PLS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Anon123:

For ATIP, its working days as explained in the attachment

NwanyiOkpa:

they said that i am still within the 30-35days wait. so my watch continues

Anon123:

It takes 30-35 working days.

@Anon123, you're not getting it right on this ground.

ATIP - processing times for GCMS notes takes max 15 to 17 days. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's a business day or weekends. Generally, processed requests are received between Monday's to Fridays, other non working days also count towards the processing times. Therefore, for those using third party GCMS websites, you should receive your notes delivered to your email address in 30-35 days not working days as advised by @Anon123

I hope this information is sufficient to your concerns.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hello,

Interviews are not needed for Canada study permit except in very rare cases

Q-life is one of the approved clinics for the medical exam.

Try to follow up with the agents and ask for every single information.

Read this thread from page 1 until the end and it will give you a good knowledge of the application process, maybe you’ll be able to help if something wrong is being done concerning your relative’s application.

All the best

kode12:
@justwise @other elders in the house please help me out.

A relative is applying to study in Canada via an agency. He is going to study a program in a College, although he's over 18, not a full B.Sc. yet. I have not been privy to the application details from the onset and no one in the family seems to have complete information as regards the process, they simply gave it off to the agency.
He's currently in the Medicals stage, and the agency has asked him to go for Medicals in one hospital within VI. I am a bit skeptical as they aren't really providing information about the full process.

Questions
1. Does Canada not require an interview before granting the student visa?
2. At what point will he be called for the interview?
3. Does Canada Visa allow medicals to be done at just any hospital or is ........Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,................................ An approved clinic for Canada medical tests.

I'd appreciate if anyone with information about this can help clarify, thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
my advice in your next attempt is that you should properly build your husband's account statement to the tune of 10M if possible while your mum can co-sponsor your education.

demiiii:
Thank you

I have applied for GCMS NOTES but I need to ask if I should apply as

1. Acting as Self sponsorship-
Is it Advisable increase funds in my account, pay the tuition fees, buy GIT worth 10K CAD and reapply after the GCMS NOTES ARE BACK.

or

2. get husband to cosponsor with the above BUT ONLY (PAY PAYING PART TUITION)

PLEASE ADVICE

Also when reapplying Can I resuse my Police report, Upfront medical earlier used in August.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

@Anon123, you're not getting it right on this ground.

ATIP - processing times for GCMS notes takes max 15 to 17 days. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's a business day or weekends. Generally, processed requests are received between Monday's to Fridays, other non working days also count towards the processing times. Therefore, for those using third party GCMS websites, you should receive your notes delivered to your email address in 30-35 days not working days as advised by @Anon123

I hope this information is sufficient to your concerns.

It will end in praise.

Okay Chief.. Thanks for the correction

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Oh that’s aight so definitely this week, I am rooting for you wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tonyodg:
Oh that’s aight so definitely this week, I am rooting for you wink

next week is max for us both. monday will make line 35days. today makes mine 31days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
JustMellow:

My brother,

You've said well and I second your take. But I still think these VOs are still not thorough enough in their vetting process especially towards an applicants financial standing and study plan. I have read good letters that clearly demonstrated all what needs to be said yet the issue of finance and vague letter was brought up.

Why I say they are not thorough enough, if ten refused applications are compared, from the evidence/reasons given by the VO in their gcms notes, five of the cases are almost similar with a little tweak. On one of the notes I happened to read, the VO raised concerns that the applicant has never traveled to any African country as a determinant to assess the level of establishment in home country.

Its true that 'most' applications were assessed accordingly and the reasons given for refusal was based on justifiable facts but many others wasn't the case. From my observations based on several gcms notes, decisions were made within 16 days prior to submission but only communicated at a later date. I understand that SDS are processed in likely swift manner but weighing the fact on how applications from Nigeria are been processed, beats my imagination of how thorough and steadfast in their processing approach these VOs can be.

From my personal viewpoint based on my own assumption and observation in trying to create a timeline of how the VOs operates and process applications for study permit during this pandemic, I concluded that many documents submitted wasn't verified including bank statement. Why and How do I know? I can't say or answer as this is just an unproven theory based on my presumable gatherings.

What I think for those who were recently refused and have proper correlation to show in respect to their course/program level and as well satisfied other requirements in terms of funds and home ties shouldn't make too much adjustment in their next application, only where necessarily. This information is not for those applications that has lots of visible loopholes.

This spate of refusals is nothing when compared to that of 2019, especially for those who had applied August ending and September upward. The gcms notes as of then were also bloody as they came in generic copy and paste. At least, this time around is better as the notes comes more explained.

P.S: I will be needing your assistance in the future. I will hit you up when its time.

One love bro

Well said brother. I hope the visa officer's at the High Commission of Canada in Nairobi will be compassionate to an extent in processing study permit applications from Nigeria. Honestly speaking, the occurring refusals from these VO's is seriously giving the Gurus of this thread intense concerns as to the viable way/option of addressing these issues. Apparently, i suggest that applicants with good profiles but yet refused of their visas are better off opting for a judicial review than reapplying by themselves. Fighting the VO reasons for a refusal through JD process is the best option here, though it might cost the applicant some certain amount of money and the process may take quite a long time. However, considering the rate of refusals, I think it's worth going for a JD because at the end of the day the applicant will have a better chance of winning the case and getting his/her application reviewed and approved by another visa officer. Well, this is my subjective opinion based on the current situation of things. My brother, It's interesting to know that you're making good moves and plans for yourself. I look forward to providing my assistance to you in the best possible way I can in the near future.

I wish you the very best in all of your endeavours.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2020
jwon1:
Hi Olayinkaji,

Sorry to hear about your visa delay. I also applied to NBCC.

Did you get Biometric Verification Letter before you got the decision email?

Sorry for the late reply, I do not know if I got bvl before decision as I have limited access to my account for now. I am yet to do Biometrics

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
Legacyedition:
Please I need someone to help review my SOP.

Nah beg I dey beg...

Can do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Basically you can see that in your last application you applied with an ordinary diploma instead of a post graduate diploma. Its good I was able to direct you better on the right step to take.

All the best.

It will end in praise

Wow wow this really angered me. I chose the course, The agent chose the school and told me it's post graduate diploma. I am livid and feeling stupid for allowing myself to be forced to use agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kode12: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Anon123:

Thats the disadvantage of using an agency. They will never ever give you access to see your own application yoy paid for.

Pls you dont need an interview, in fact Canadian immigration protocol does not need physical interviews, you do your talking via an SOP (statement of purpose).
My advice is this, demand you know the status of the application cos if the applicant got a medical request, they should be a letter telling him to do so. If they dont offer you pls dont bother cos those guys are just playing with you. They tell you to go for medicals making you have hope and at the end, they present one lie as a reason. Finally the only approved clinics for medicals for Canadian immigration is just Family clinic in VI and IOM in Ikeja only in lagos and Abuja.

But do not go for that medicals unless you have an evidence telling you to do so. Besides the medicals is not free..

Finally why is an 18yr old not applying for a Bsc in a university but rather applying to a college for a different program thats not BSc..

Pull the plug now before its too late.

Thanks for your response. I've been very busy and I've not really followed up with the process up till now. I saw a mail from the agent saying he doesn't need to pay extra for the medical, so I'd imagine it was all part of the initial payments made to the agency. I'm still trying to understand the whole canada student visa process.
Is it right to assume the clinic will forward details of the medicals to Canada immigrations or to the visa processing agents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Wow wow this really angered me. I chose the course, The agent chose the school and told me it's post graduate diploma. I am livid and feeling stupid for allowing myself to be forced to use agent.

Never to worry or blame yourself for anything that happened in the past. I believe you've been able to learn from your past mistakes through my advices and fully prepared now to put up an airtight application in your subsequent attempt.

Make no further mistakes Boss, and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Never to worry or blame yourself for anything that happened in the past. I believe you've been able to learn from your past mistakes through my advices and now ready to put up an airtight application in your subsequent attempt.

Make no further mistakes Boss, and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

It will end in praise.

Amen boss thanks you. Sorry for my questions, 1) how long do you advice I can reapply again?
2) And also can I change schools as nbcc don't offer project management courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kode12: 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,

Interviews are not needed for Canada study permit except in very rare cases

Q-life is one of the approved clinics for the medical exam.

Try to follow up with the agents and ask for every single information.

Read this thread from page 1 until the end and it will give you a good knowledge of the application process, maybe you’ll be able to help if something wrong is being done concerning your relative’s application.

All the best

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

next week is max for us both. monday will make line 35days. today makes mine 31days
same here we Should get it soonest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
demiiii:
Reason for Rejection

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

PLEASE ADVICE

@Justwise
@osemigbo
@frankrobbn1 , @naijaforeigner @vibrant99 @Akannitommy
and other gurus.

Help me dissect my case

had over 5.68m in my account and sch fees is $37k
I had my mum as my sponsor account of 15m and husband Account of 3m as co sponsor.
I have sibling with a PR in canada
I included four landed properties of shared by myself and husband.
I included my mums landed properties too.
I applied alone and did not include any of my 4kids and hubby.I attached birth cert, job details etc

The sch doesn't require I pay the fees yet
No 1 is accompanying me.. no need for the second reason.

Suggestions:
1. Can you look for a cheaper school? 37k is a lot of money. My tuition for UBC was 18k for a two year masters and I had 14m in my account and my first application was still rejected.
2. Build your account and especially your husband’s to show that he can continue to fend for your family
3. Get your mum to transfer whatever tangible sum she can into your account and write a letter of support that she is supporting your education with so and so amount which she has already transferred into your account
4. If your school has a good return policy you may pay at least one semester school fees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Amen boss thanks you. Sorry for my questions, 1) how long do you advice I can reapply again?
2) And also can I change schools as nbcc don't offer project management courses.

You can reapply for your visa anytime, there is no immigration regulations of Canada that declared
that an applicant has to wait for a particular duration before submitting a reapplication. Given that you already have an idea why the visa officer refused your initial application, the first course of action is to secure an admission in another College (Conestoga College and the likes) in Project Management. Gather enough documents to support your present application and rewrite your explanation letter to demonstrate that your situation has significantly changed.

Let me know if you've any other questions.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
demiiii:
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate.

I actually included fixed deposit of 10m for my husband in the application

I have applied for GCMS NOTES but I need to ask if I should apply as

1. Acting as Self sponsorship-
Is it Advisable I increase funds in my account, pay the tuition fees, buy GIT worth 10K CAD and reapply after the GCMS NOTES ARE BACK.

or

2. get husband to cosponsor and increase funds in both our account with GIT 10k CAD BUT ONLY ( PAYING PART TUITION OF LIKE 20K FROM 37K

PLEASE ADVICE

Also when reapplying Can I resuse my Police report, Upfront medical earlier used in August.

Perhaps you can liquidate the fixed deposit of your husband so the funds are consolidated along with your
Mom transferring the sum she is supporting you with into your account.

I think medical report is valid for a year so you can reuse. Police report is valid for only 3 months so you can’t reuse that. Strictly speaking the police report is not really an essential document though I also used it o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
kode12:

Thanks for your response. I've been very busy and I've not really followed up with the process up till now. I saw a mail from the agent saying he doesn't need to pay extra for the medical, so I'd imagine it was all part of the initial payments made to the agency. I'm still trying to understand the whole canada student visa process.
Is it right to assume the clinic will forward details of the medicals to Canada immigrations or to the visa processing agents?

Pls I will be honest with u...you are being scammed.

The clinic isnt affiliated with anybody except the Canadian embassy meaning u pay for yourself as you come.

The clinic sends the results themselves to thw embassy .

Has he done biometrics?

Again I repeat .. Tell the agent to send you evidence of medical request. If not, you have been scammed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
Olayinkaji:

As soon as your official denial letter comes out and you are in the right frame of mind to try again .

Conestoga offers that and it's for a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by VfLUN: 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Good evening good people, I am new here

Pls I need advise
I am about to apply for SP with a 1yr PGC as a self sponsor. My tuition is 17kCAD plus my living expenses which 27kCAD --> #8,100,000.

Now, I have 4m in my account and my blood sister is willing to gift me 5m and my husband will also support me with 2.5m.

1. Do they also need to provide account statement?
2. Pls do you think all these gifts will make the application complicated?

Pls I really need to hear your opinions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Na wah o. I check this thread daily just to get a positive update from you. It will end in praise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by IboBoyNuel(m): 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Guys please, help.

IboBoyNuel:
Good day Gurus in the house.

I made my first application in February and I got a rejection. The GCMS notes shows that the Refusal reason was based on Current employment situation and Home ties.

I have addressed these issues to the best of my ability and I want to try again. I still intend to use the same sop but I want to also submit an LOE tackling the Refusal reasons.

Please can someone help me with a sample of an LOE?

Frankrobbn1 and other Gurus please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
Luckymama:

Suggestions:
1. Can you look for a cheaper school? 37k is a lot of money. My tuition for UBC was 18k for a two year masters and I had 14m in my account and my first application was still rejected.
2. Build your account and especially your husband’s to show that he can continue to fend for your family
3. Get your mum to transfer whatever tangible sum she can into your account and write a letter of support that she is supporting your education with so and so amount which she has already transferred into your account
4. If your school has a good return policy you may pay at least one semester school fees.

@author=Luckymama

Does your 2yrs tuition fee of $18k also includes "international differential fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You can reapply for your visa anytime, there is no immigration regulations of Canada that declared
that an applicant has to wait for a particular duration before submitting a reapplication. Given that you already have an idea why the visa officer refused your initial application, the first course of action is to secure an admission in another College (Conestoga College and the likes) in Project Management. Gather enough documents to support your present application and rewrite your explanation letter to demonstrate that your situation has significantly changed.

Let me know if you've any other questions.

It will end in praise.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Anon123:

As soon as your official denial letter comes out and you are in the right frame of mind to try again .

Conestoga offers that and it's for a year

Alright boss, seen the school. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Greatadams: 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Omo after the long wait order my GCMS but not yet arrived today I received a biometric validation latter and no medical request and one of my Oga told me it means I have be refused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hi All.

Pls so far has any1 with gcms note seen a refusal afer having previously received AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
Eilenora:
Hi All.

Pls so far has any1 with gcms note seen a refusal afer having previously received AIP

It looks like AIP holders aren't requesting for gcms note or they aren't sharing on the platform

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.