Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1157200 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bennysmart: 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
An agent send my application to the embassy , and since then the embassy haven't send me an mail .

Is this possible ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You can reapply for your visa anytime, there is no immigration regulations of Canada that declared
that an applicant has to wait for a particular duration before submitting a reapplication. Given that you already have an idea why the visa officer refused your initial application, the first course of action is to secure an admission in another College (Conestoga College and the likes) in Project Management. Gather enough documents to support your present application and rewrite your explanation letter to demonstrate that your situation has significantly changed.

Let me know if you've any other questions.

It will end in praise.

You were right, it's a post secondary diploma

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Can someone help me with a response please?

I normally get response in 6-7 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
Godsblessings:
with this , I saw here ,it means he can use business account if the sponsor can pay his tuition deposit from the business account?
pls has anyone ever used company business account to get the Canada study permit here ?
someone should answer pls, !!! I don't want to mislead him ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adakuchidiebere: 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sorry to hear that your application was refused.

You are admitted to which school?

MyRace:
Good after all,

Congratulations first and foremost to everyone who has received positive feedback. I pray everyone will get theirs!

So I got a refusal for my SP last week and the reasons were:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Family ties.

I'm female and I applied with my children. Hubby was meant to remain here.
Interestingly, after so many web notes with them telling me they were working on my profile, I had been rejected since June 30 (I applied June 10). It was after the refusal that my eligibility review was updated and showed June 30.

I have requested for my GCMS notes in order to know what they are actually worried about.

Now, my questions are:
1. How do I address the "purpose of visit" ( mind you I made a very tight SOP addressing it)

2. If I decide to leave my children out of the second application, will it raise eyebrows?

A brief overview of my profile:

Chartered Accountant with and MBA
Going for a Masters in Finance
School fees fully paid
Enough money to cover all expenses, even if the children go with me.

Thanks for your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sarang(f): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
Has someone at least been given a study visa?
There are only refusals on this page

If you get approval, please say it here as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
librangyps:

Infact I thank God that we will know soon.

Did you finally settle for mun?
I sent you a dm sometime ago but later saw where you said you dont have access to that email.
We should connect?

hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by quadriolakunle(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi quadriolakunle,

I would suggest u give an M.SC in Mathematics a SHOT in facts SHOTS..

You have a fantabolous CGPA and that can give you a chance to attract lots of Potential Supervisors (Professors & Doctors) in Canadian Universities.

First of all check out School offering Masters in Mathematics (Over 28 M.SC in Mathematics schools & programs)
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mathematics&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Though it can be quite daunting, but don't limit yourself to any 10 Top schools, there are candidates with ur kinda profile worldwide and even more better than urs who are applying for M.SC in Canada, but what you do differently and aw u craft ur masters admission application can make u stand out, so in that sense, do expand your admission horizon, probably if you eventually have offers coming in , then you can decide to choose the one you feel gonna be the best school for you and have good funding package

CGPA ain't the only requirement to get an M.SC admission not to even talk of funding..

There are some other factors u need to consider and put in place

Go thru the following Content (Helpful Tools To Gain Masters Admission & Possible Funding),

Visit the Link below for tips on
- GETTING A SUPERVISOR AND POSSIBLE, FUNDING (Based on Experience of a Nairalander)

- What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School Admission, Funding in Canada & US

- How to write a compelling SOP for Graduate school

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Send me a PM!

Thank you very much sir, I have gone through the link and identified like 4 schools offering masters in financial mathematics.
I think that will be easier.

I will compare the schools and get on with it.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

hi

Hi dear,

Nothing yet o.
I de check the other side (US) too for updates...
God no go shame us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by quadriolakunle(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
Thanks so much for the insight.
I will begin the process, I have gathering schools to offering courses in mathematics and finance.

I do a comparative table and then apply.

Akannitommy:
@quadriolakunle,

I suggest you concentrate on your admission and scholarship at this point while you continue to learn from other people's study visa prospecting experiences. You seem to have a background with promise to scale admissions hurdle but must also be very realistic. While earning a first class is not very common at bachelor's level here but note you are competing with folks from all over the world most of whom are similarly qualified if not better. So I suggest you employ a multi-prong approach in seeking admission and scholarship.

A research-masters in Mathematics would be something you are likely to qualify for easily going by your background. However, I have also seen folks with similar profile (math degree and audit work) who got into top finance and economics graduate programs. I am not so sure about MBA. It all depends on quality of your degree, research proposal and/or SOP submitted for admissions.

I suggest you start prospecting for admission by summarizing (abstract) of your bachelor's dissertation and link it either your current job or future research interests. Get a 1-page CV that highlights your academic prowess, awards, and professional experience. Request a student copy of your transcripts. Launch out to prospective professors from a position of strength.

Adjust your interest from time to time to fit with those of people you are contacting. What you need to succeed in grad school is already in you but will be brought out when you get there. So don't think too much about getting a perfect plan yet because a lot will change between now and the next 1-year. If you are lucky some programs do not need you to get a supervisor in advance so you can just apply if you think you qualify.

Don't put all your eggs in basket by focusing on top 10 universities. A better approach is to categorize schools into tiers. Select 2 each from those that best fit your interests in each of the 2 or 3 tiers and apply.

One thing at a time. #it shall end in praise!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 5:29am On Sep 27, 2020
To reapply for january after refusal for fall do one need a new LOA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 6:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Annettevoke:
To reapply for january after refusal for fall do one need a new LOA?
Yes you need a new LOA for winter because what you have is fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2020
Hello.
What embassy?
Applications are either done online or via paper route through VFS. And I think VFS has been closed for some time now due to covid.
How did this agent apply for you? Online or paper route? And when (date) did the agent apply for you?
What embassy website are you trying to visit?
If an agent applied for you, then the communication will go to the agent (to the best of my knowledge) and then the agent is meant to keep you updated.

Bennysmart:
An agent send my application to the embassy , and since then the embassy haven't send me an mail .

Is this possible ??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:41am On Sep 27, 2020
Hello, though we’ve seen a lot of refusals, there have been several AIPs (approval in principle) since approvals are being held onto until the lock down is lifted. Please check very well.
Sarang:
Has someone at least been given a study visa?
There are only refusals on this page

If you get approval, please say it here as well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2020
quadriolakunle:

Thank you very much sir, I have gone through the link and identified like 4 schools offering masters in financial mathematics.
I think that will be easier.

I will compare the schools and get on with it.

Thanks again.
That's great, it's cool u av pointed out the area of Mathematics u wanna go into "Financial Mathematics"

But still don't limit urself to those four skools, do check other skools offering M.SC in Mathematics, visit their Website, Check their Staff Profile, you would see Professor & Doctors (who's research interest is into the area of FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS or related research interests). Mail them to know if they are accepting Students for thesis-based Masters in their Research Area (Financial Mathematics).

Do make use of the tool (link) I posted in which you can use to prepare a Contextual SOP & Personalize Email and reach out to Potential Supervisors (prof & doctors)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Is this your first time applying or is this a reapplication?Have you done your biometrics? (Finger prints and taking of a picture)
Bennysmart:

Is this possible ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Luckymama:

What are international differential fees?

The differential fee is usually charged/paid only by non-Canadians
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Lekiboboe:

That's great, it's cool u av pointed out the area of Mathematics u wanna go into "Financial Mathematics"

But still don't limit urself to those four skools, do check other skools offering M.SC in Mathematics, visit their Website, Check their Staff Profile, you would see Professor & Doctors (who's research interest is into the area of FINANCIAL MATHEMATICS or related research interests). Mail them to know if they are accepting Students for thesis-based Masters in their Research Area (Financial Mathematics).

Do make use of the tool (link) I posted in which you can use to prepare a Contextual SOP & Personalize Email and reach out to Potential Supervisors (prof & doctors)

Hello boss,

Please are you Canada at the moment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Hello,
I think not all institutions do this (differential fee thing)
They just give a price for domestic students(lower), and a higher price for international students
Nastan:

The differential fee is usually charged/paid only by non-Canadians
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

Out of curiosity, I partook twice on the webinar by the so-called IRCC agent. After careful listening and thorough observations of how comments and advice were made, I can say from my perspective that those are not IRCC agent but Indians-with-visa-knowledge who seem to be organized individuals of collective bodies.

If you are aware, IRCC has earlier stated that international students can now study from outside Canada till April 30th, 2021. Meaning that Winter 2021 international students are now been affected by the rules guiding May and Fall 2020 international students. Though the exemption of been able to study and complete the full program outside Canada and still be able to qualify for PGWP isn't applicable to Winter 2021 international students.

From my personal research and from evidence of some Nigerian applicants who deferred after receiving AIP, they have all passed their eligibility as stated in their notes which makes me conclude that those claims made by the Indians are weightless except if the rules are applicable to individual nationals of the many countries around the globe seeking for the SP.

General evidence are there because most schools only run in-person lecturing due to the program specification. Apart from this, most schools deferred the admissions of certain international students even without any prior notice. Does this mean these people will be refused? I hope you understand my point of subjective observation and/or research.

All the best
Ok JustMellow, thanks for the explicit response...

This clarifies that someone with AIP (from NIGERIA) is at liberty to defer his/her admission without affecting the already passed ELIGIBILITY

Though I mailed the school jz to have their say on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Apart from Fanshawe College, please do anyone knows any other College that offers Agribusiness management Courses PGD or PGC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2020
Hello, Pls I need your urgent assistance. I got my AIP in August. I have also deferred my admission and I've sent in my LOA via a webform. But over a month now, I have not gotten a feedback yet. Now, I am applying for my GCMS notes to know the status of my application and to know if they have gotten my LOA. From the form above, pls ,what should I select?

STATUS UPDATE OF FILE/ REASONS FOR REFUSALS/OFFICERS ELECTRONIC NOTES

OR

THE APPLICATION SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCES SENT TO AND/OR FROM IRCC

Lekiboboe:

Ok JustMellow, thanks for the explicit response...

This clarifies that someone with AIP (from NIGERIA) is at liberty to defer his/her admission without affecting the already passed ELIGIBILITY

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please after your medical result comes out and its successful what next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Kamsiroyce:
Hello, Pls I need your urgent assistance. I got my AIP in August. I have also deferred my admission and I've sent in my LOA via a webform. But over a month now, I have not gotten a feedback yet. Now, I am applying for my GCMS notes to know the status of my application and to know if they have gotten my LOA. From the form above, pls ,what should I select?

STATUS UPDATE OF FILE/ REASONS FOR REFUSALS/OFFICERS ELECTRONIC NOTES

OR

THE APPLICATION SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCES SENT TO AND/OR FROM IRCC

Have you been called for medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adakuchidiebere: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Two of my brothers get AIP last week without Medical request and no up front medical.
All is paper application.
One of them submitted In February and other one March 18.

Hope this is good news?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yes it is..

Can you please share their profile?

adakuchidiebere:
Two of my brothers get AIP last week without Medical request and no up front medical.
All is paper application.
One of them submitted In February and other one March 18.

Hope this is good news?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kamsiroyce: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yes I got a medical request
Maxsbez:

Have you been called for medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
Urrch:
Apart from Fanshawe College, please do anyone knows any other College that offers Agribusiness management Courses PGD or PGC?

@Likiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Abimbolakay123: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
hello dear Nairalanders my name is Abimbola and I was denied a visa to study in Canada late last year I really should not go in details boring ya'll with how I made the application cause I hate to dwell in the past plus after coming on nairaland for the second time I realised that my former application was a total mess judging from the kind of information that have been shared on this wonderful platform. i really wished that I had seen all of this earlier

I have been really scared of another rejection so I kept on deferring my admission to the next semester and now I have another offer letter for January 2021 intake and I decided to re apply for a visa at the Canadian embassy again n

I would like to present my case to this amazing panel of elite minds and I look forward to getting your opinions on whether or not it is a good decision to re apply and what my chances are at getting a visa.

so i graduated from the university 2018 with a 2.2 and a Bachelor's degree in finance, i worked in a tax and audit firm for my nysc through out 2019, after which i worked as a facilities manager in a serviced apartment in lekki, i have not been working since the Covid 19 pandemic hit hard in march.

i have an offer letter form a college in Toronto to study a post graduate diploma (not masters)

i have completed my NYSC

my dad is my sponsor and he resides in south africa where he has a business registered in his name with a business account and a property

he also has a Nigeria bank account he opened early this year and the account is well funded

i have visited him once in south Africa so i have their stamp on my passport

my dad has visa stamps of both Canada and USA on his passport

my personal account is not well funded so i have place all my hopes of getting the visa on my dads document

my questions:

1. can the fact my dad being in south Africa and i in Nigeria hinder him being my sponsor?

2. can the fact that i not having a well funded account or work experience cause a rejection?

3. do you think i shouldn't re apply and just gather more work experience?

4. if i should re apply do you think it's wise for me to merge the Nigeria account he opened with his south African documents which carries different addresses or i should just stick with the south Africa documents alone?

I'll be waiting patiently for a response from ya'll please help provide as much relevant information as you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Urrch:

@Likiboboe

Non I know of , but if its other Agricultural related PGC program you are looking for

Check the two programs in the link below

PG. Cert, Sustainable Agriculture @
FLEMING COLLEGE, Peterborough, ONTARIO
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/sustainable-agriculture-co-op
(this program has Agribusiness Components)

PG. Cert., Aquaculture @
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/aquaculture#program-highlights

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.