Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,754 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1157179 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
It has worked for some people. But I honestly don’t know if there’s a fixed rule. Maybe gurus in the house would have an idea. But 2 years ago is a long time, and many things have changed. Some people put in almost no effort and got visas 2-3 years ago. But we can see that it’s getting difficult as the days go by.

How much is her tuition? And what type of scholarship is it?

ayoadefantastic:
Pls what are the best proof of fund one can use. I only used the scholarship I got for mine 2yrs ago. Thought that would suffice but obviously it's not in her case.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thanks a lot.

Chocs:
I think it is always advisable to include funds even if one has funding/scholarship.

Her SOP should also be worked on. Maybe a guru in the house can help her review it or get a paid professional.

But most importantly please order her GCMS notes right away as it can take up to 35 days to arrive. Google gcms notes and you’ll find how to order it, it costs $12. With this, you’ll be able to see the visa officers comment and work on it before reapplying to prevent another rejection. All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tuition is like 8k+ per annum.
Research assistance from AAFC (29k per annum) technically that covers tuition and living exenses.

Chocs:
It has worked for some people. But I honestly don’t know if there’s a fixed rule. Maybe gurus in the house would have an idea. But 2 years ago is a long time, and many things have changed. Some people put in almost no effort and got visas 2-3 years ago. But we can see that it’s getting difficult as the days go by.

How much is her tuition? And what type of scholarship is it?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Just a rant!

I really think its unfair that you have determined an applicant ineligible since July 6th and just communicating that about 3months later.
Ridiculous!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sarang(f): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Londonboi7960:

Guidelines on How to write an SOP (Statement of Purpose)

Most important thing: Avoid Plagiarism

While writing SOP, the following things to be mentioned which will boost chances of convincing a VISA OFFICER and possibly getting a STUDY VISA APPROVAL:

1. Introduce yourself in first paragraph. Write, what kind of person you are, your interests and personality etc. This may also include one line background of work & study you did earlier. This should be related to the course your are going to pursue.

2. Explain what do you know about the area of study you are applying for.
Like HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Multimedia, Engineering etc. Market trends, application of knowledge in work, organisations/roles where you can work after studying in this XYZ field and if possible, 1-2 real life example where you experienced this personally (in your current job or someone in family who works in this field etc.)This shows you are well read and know what you are getting yourself into.

3. Now explain Why Canada.
Mention all points Canada is famous for like low crime rate, diversity (which helps in learning), livability and quality of life related statistics etc. Facts & figures help you here. Google a little

4. Why this particular college/Univ. Explain ranking of the same or relevance of course being offered or if someone known is studying there etc. Mention positive points which you can gather from ex-student's testimonials and college website itself. Again, write in your own language and by your own understanding.

5. Why this Program:
Mention why you chose this program. Explain how courses (subjects) of this course will help you in your career, how some of these subjects you have learnt earlier (basic knowledge) and need better and upgraded knowledge about these (especially if applying for PG/masters), explain application of subjects in real job scenario etc.

6. Summarize with reason of coming back to home country: Now summarize all details by mentioning your career goals and what will you do post completing this course.Mention how this course will help you in making your career in your home country. Be passionate about job market of your home country and coming back to your country. Because "You'll not leave Canada" is one of the biggest reason for Student Visa refusal.

7.Travel history
If u av not travelled bfor, state the reason why u av decided to travel at this point of ur life, and how important the program is to ur career & personal development back home

8.Family Ties-Hime ties
U can talk about how children are apparent to family inheritance, and how u are obliged to take care of ur family (parent and siblings). U can attach their birth certificates

Secondly, talk bout Landed Properties (Documents, deed of assignment, Deed of conveyance,survey plans and other important doc.) to of prove ur Hometies

9. Proof of Funds
Mention that you have paid ur tuition fee or made a deposit of ur tuition fee and so so as amount has bin set aside by your sponsor for ur Tution fee (if not yet paid), so so amount for ur One year Living Expenses (might be more than one year) and so so amount for ur flight itinerary

10. Final Note
U can end it like this or in ur own language
Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you will find all my documents in proper order and I kindly request you to process my visa application as soon as possible. I am very much thankful to you for giving me your valuable time to process my student visa application.

Your Sincerely,
Write ur name and Surname

Happy Writing

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP+

+2347086629685 for more details on it whatapp

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please gurus in the house I need your help with this

sleekcheek:
I need help on how to prove home and economic ties.
I am single
29 years old
no landed property
I have 6 siblings and my dad is still alive but my mum is late
I am currently employed with a gross monthly salary of above 250k
Pension account of over 1m
Self sponsor, I have enough money in my account to cover my tuition and the mandatory one year living expense of 10k cad

How can I prove strong family and economic ties apart from my pay slips and my pension account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by donbuscka: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please guys i need guidance ����

donbuscka:
Good day everyone. I appreciate the info so far. However, i have a question bothering me deeply..

My wife want to apply for Study permit and include our 8 months old daughter and I as dependants/spouse in the application.

1. Do we stand a chance of getting approval or does adding family members affect the chances of success?

2. Can she apply alone first and when she gets approved and travel, then me and our daughter will apply? It this a possible route? Any implications?

I will appreciate your guidance please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
sleekcheek:
Please gurus in the house I need your help with this

How can you prove ties to your home country? family of 6? are you the first born? Use your family as one of the reasons you will come back. Think of something that will make you come back to your family.

Study plan: What is your long and short term plan?
short term plan post graduation of proposed program of choice in Canada
What are you going to study in Canada?

Can you present place of work give you a study leave and then use that as well?
What is your present position in your company, on completion of your studies in Canada, what position will you be able to apply for in your company or another? possible salary increment?

Can you prove that on completion of your MSc or PGD in Canada, a higher role will be given to you or a better offer? This will explain or justify why you want to spend such amount on your program in Canada and not Nigeria. Please be specific when giving these details

Long term plan? Do you want to do a business in your home country? Are there any gaps in Nigeria you plan to fill by studying that course? If yes, be specific on how studying in Canada will help in actualizing this ambition.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abimbolakay123:

I have been really scared of another rejection so I kept on deferring my admission to the next semester and now I have another offer letter for January 2021 intake and I decided to re apply for a visa at the Canadian embassy again n

my questions:

1. can the fact my dad being in south Africa and i in Nigeria hinder him being my sponsor?

2. can the fact that i not having a well funded account or work experience cause a rejection?

3. do you think i shouldn't re apply and just gather more work experience?

4. if i should re apply do you think it's wise for me to merge the Nigeria account he opened with his south African documents which carries different addresses or i should just stick with the south Africa documents alone?

I'll be waiting patiently for a response from ya'll please help provide as much relevant information as you can

p.s I'll be 24 years old in November and the fact that my dad is not here means he can't swear an affidavit of sponsorship

Rejection is part of life, please embrace it and never let it stop you from pursuing what you believe in.

(1) Your dad can sponsor you even if he is based in South Africa

(2) Not having experience is not an issue. You are 24. You actually do have experience via NYSC and your other job. Most people all over the world lost their jobs during Covid, nothing to worry about.

(3) Reapply, but have other plans on the side (Have a plan B). Placing all your hopes in Canada is what is making you scared of reapplying. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

(4) Since he is resident in SA, let him use just 1 SOA (statement of account) from SOA, provided that account can cover all of your fees in Canada. If there is no need to submit 2 SOA's, please don't. Most importantly, he is your father. If 1 bank document is enough, please stick to that. Just make sure he shows what he does for a living and all other necessary documents.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by alexflint20: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you so much. While i await other peoples opinions
alexflint20:

Taking the applicants plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment. Weighing the factors in this application, i am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. for the reasons above, i have refused this application.

Above is what my GCMS note says.
Profile for my last application Sep 2019
Age 28years
Graduated with 2;1 in Electrical Electronics Engr and got admitted for masters in Information Technology security
Got employed at a Telecom service provider company immediately after NYSC 2016 till date
Documents submitted; B.eng cert, sponsorship letters from Aunt and husband who resides in US, their bank statements(all joint accounts) and property documents
Nb; Bank statements are well funded, even pay slips showing they are well paid annually
Also submitted their Birth certificate alongside my parents own to show my aunt and dad have same parents

Now, i want to re-apply and wish to get advice, these are what changed
Got admission to a better ranking school than the other, the first school ranked about 5k in the world while the present is ranked about 1k in the world and about 30 in canada
Using my mums account statements as a sponsor (having about 13m, could be increased if neccessary) school fees 33k
Wrote IELTS exam

Your advice is highly needs as i need opinions as to also go ahead to apply for winter (jan) 2021 as time seems limited or should i defer the admission again and apply for next year?
Also does the foreign account statement used earlier a factor?

I will answer any more questions needed
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
tonyodg good evening
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
HELLO PLS MY FELLOW GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLS KINDLY HELP ME OUT I NEED A GOOD ADVISE MY GOOD FRIEND ND BROTHER FRM ANOTHER MOTHER APPLIED FOR SP ON THE 19 MAY BIOMETRIC DONE ON 21 SEPTMBER RECIEVE IS REFUSAL LETTER ON THE 24 OF SEPTEMBER BUT HIS ADMISSION IS GOING TO END 2021 PLS WHAT TO DO PLS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
tonyodg good evening
Heyy how’s it going with you ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tonyodg:
Heyy how’s it going with you ??

I am good. Have you gotten anything yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

I am good. Have you gotten anything yet?
yeah spoke to them they said they are sorting it out and I’ll get it to my mail soon
What about you ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kode12: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
@justwise @other elders in the house please help me out.

A relative is applying to study in Canada via an agency. He is going to study a program in a College, although he's over 18, not a full B.Sc. yet. I have not been privy to the application details from the onset and no one in the family seems to have complete information as regards the process, they simply gave it off to the agency.
He's currently in the Medicals stage, and the agency has asked him to go for Medicals in one hospital within VI. I am a bit skeptical as they aren't really providing information about the full process.

Questions
1. Does Canada not require an interview before granting the student visa?
2. At what point will he be called for the interview?
3. Does Canada Visa allow medicals to be done at just any hospital or is ........Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,................................ An approved clinic for Canada medical tests.

I'd appreciate if anyone with information about this can help clarify, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jwon1: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hi Olayinkaji,

Sorry to hear about your visa delay. I also applied to NBCC.

Did you get Biometric Verification Letter before you got the decision email?

Olayinkaji:

Thank you Mr Frank. I actually applied for PGD in Network admisntatrtion.
Your advise is that I should reapply for another PGD in project management or related course and readjust my LOE addressing the concerns.

Please correct me if I am wrong, awaiting your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
kode12:
@justwise @other elders in the house please help me out.

A relative is applying to study in Canada via an agency. He is going to study a program in a College, although he's over 18, not a full B.Sc. yet. I have not been privy to the application details from the onset and no one in the family seems to have complete information as regards the process, they simply gave it off to the agency.
He's currently in the Medicals stage, and the agency has asked him to go for Medicals in one hospital within VI. I am a bit skeptical as they aren't really providing information about the full process.

Questions
1. Does Canada not require an interview before granting the student visa?
2. At what point will he be called for the interview?
3. Does Canada Visa allow medicals to be done at just any hospital or is ........Q-Life Family Clinic,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,................................ An approved clinic for Canada medical tests.

I'd appreciate if anyone with information about this can help clarify, thanks.

Thats the disadvantage of using an agency. They will never ever give you access to see your own application yoy paid for.

Pls you dont need an interview, in fact Canadian immigration protocol does not need physical interviews, you do your talking via an SOP (statement of purpose).
My advice is this, demand you know the status of the application cos if the applicant got a medical request, they should be a letter telling him to do so. If they dont offer you pls dont bother cos those guys are just playing with you. They tell you to go for medicals making you have hope and at the end, they present one lie as a reason. Finally the only approved clinics for medicals for Canadian immigration is just Family clinic in VI and IOM in Ikeja only in lagos and Abuja.

But do not go for that medicals unless you have an evidence telling you to do so. Besides the medicals is not free..

Finally why is an 18yr old not applying for a Bsc in a university but rather applying to a college for a different program thats not BSc..

Pull the plug now before its too late.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by starkyniichan(m): 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
kode12:

Questions

1. Does Canada not require an interview before granting the student visa? - nope

2. At what point will he be called for the interview? - doubt he would, for Canada you put forward your sp application then wait for a response from them

off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,................................ An approved clinic for Canada medical tests. - well, if you check the ircc website you'll see that Q - life is one of the approved clinics to get your medicals done! And IOm also

Also you should consider doing it yourself as the guidelines here help with that.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Good to be back.

been down for sometime.

seems na Corona .. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Rejection
Applicant's profile:
PhD Alberta
29k funding Agri Food Canada
MSc in China
Travel history; china, kenya
Rejected once for visit visa
Reason for rejection;...based on purpose of visit. 2. Personal asset & financial status.
Admission deferred to winter already.
By the way eligibility now shows ineliginke since july 6th but got the official letter today.
Pls advise on what next.
Applicant is my girlfriend, I am also studying in Canada.

If a funded PhD applicant can be rejected, plus the application was packaged by someone who has passed through the process himself, then, we should know that this SP visa is now requiring thorough efforts from all applicants.

While the gcms note is important to proffer custom guidance, I would suggest the following actions, before its arrival.

Let the applicant demonstrate financial strength to her best, probably add her own soa, parent soa, and in addition, let her show economic ties back home. A landed property in her name or the ones she is heir to.

If the applicant is unemployed, it would be imperative for her to find volunteer position and letter to back her case. Don't leave anything undone. Also, she should consider home ties, and to do this, her future goals, siblings, parent soa and economic strength will suffice.

Her sop and loe will need to tackle the vos concerns. Finally, the applicant should demonstrate how this PhD will be important to her, maybe make some references to her msc thesis and other publications (if any) to further demonstrate her readiness and excitement for this PhD program, because I am wondering why purpose of visit was mentioned on the refusal.

Let her rose on her feet to make her second application count.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Rejection
Applicant's profile:
PhD Alberta
29k funding Agri Food Canada
MSc in China
Travel history; china, kenya
Rejected once for visit visa
Reason for rejection;...based on purpose of visit. 2. Personal asset & financial status.
Admission deferred to winter already.
By the way eligibility now shows ineliginke since july 6th but got the official letter today.
Pls advise on what next.
Applicant is my girlfriend, I am also studying in Canada.

Pls what was the reason given to why she was rejected in respect to the study permit and not the visiting visa .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
Londonboi7960:
HELLO PLS MY FELLOW GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLS KINDLY HELP ME OUT I NEED A GOOD ADVISE MY GOOD FRIEND ND BROTHER FRM ANOTHER MOTHER APPLIED FOR SP ON THE 19 MAY BIOMETRIC DONE ON 21 SEPTMBER RECIEVE IS REFUSAL LETTER ON THE 24 OF SEPTEMBER BUT HIS ADMISSION IS GOING TO END 2021 PLS WHAT TO DO PLS

If he is still interested in pursue Canadian education, he should defer the admission to the next session. When is the class resuming ?
Also he should order for his gcms note to have a better understanding of why he was denied.

Finally if hes not interested anymore, he should process his tuition refund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
Spot on. Thank you very much.
Phatkayconcept:

If a funded PhD applicant can be rejected, plus the application was packaged by someone who has passed through the process himself, then, we should know that this SP visa is now requiring thorough efforts from all applicants.

While the gcms note is important to proffer custom guidance, I would suggest the following actions, before its arrival.

Let the applicant demonstrate financial strength to her best, probably add her own soa, parent soa, and in addition, let her show economic ties back home. A landed property in her name or the ones she is heir to.

If the applicant is unemployed, it would be imperative for her to find volunteer position and letter to back her case. Don't leave anything undone. Also, she should consider home ties, and to do this, her future goals, siblings, parent soa and economic strength will suffice.

Her sop and loe will need to tackle the vos concerns. Finally, the applicant should demonstrate how this PhD will be important to her, maybe make some references to her msc thesis and other publications (if any) to further demonstrate her readiness and excitement for this PhD program, because I am wondering why purpose of visit was mentioned on the refusal.

Let her rose on her feet to make her second application count.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
donbuscka:
Good day everyone. I appreciate the info so far. However, i have a question bothering me deeply..

My wife want to apply for Study permit and include our 8 months old daughter and I as dependants/spouse in the application.

1. Do we stand a chance of getting approval or does adding family members affect the chances of success?

2. Can she apply alone first and when she gets approved and travel, then me and our daughter will apply? It this a possible route? Any implications?

I will appreciate your guidance please.

1) nobody can tell you authoritatively if you will get a visa approval or not but rather give you clues to increase your chances.

2) thats the route you should follow to increase your chances. You and your daughter will stand in as her hometies, when she gets approved, you both can apply for spousal work permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tonyodg:
yeah spoke to them they said they are sorting it out and I’ll get it to my mail soon
What about you ??

they said that i am still within the 30-35days wait. so my watch continues
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

they said that i am still within the 30-35days wait. so my watch continues

It takes 30-35 working days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
Anon123:

It takes 30-35 working days.

okay. that mean i am in day24. I didn't see where they specified "working days though"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Sorry this was the course I meant to say PGD in IT- Netwrok Adminstartion ]NBCC GRADUATE PROGRAMS
I will do that and message NBCC.
I really appreciate the reply

Basically you can see that in your last application you applied with an ordinary diploma instead of a post graduate diploma. Its good I was able to direct you better on the right step to take.

All the best.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

okay. that mean i am in day24. I didn't see where they specified "working days though"

For ATIP, its working days as explained in the attachment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
uzomacl:
Hello Frank.. I dropped you an Email.. Please reply at your earliest convenience.. Cheers

I can confirm to have received your mail. I'll respond to your concerns shortly. Thanks for your patience.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.