Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1180093 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
adakuchidiebere:
Two of my brothers get AIP last week without Medical request and no up front medical.
All is paper application.
One of them submitted In February and other one March 18.

Hope this is good news?

That is good... update the house when they get their Medicals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Non I know of , but if its other Agricultural related PGC program you are looking for

Check the two programs in the link below

PG. Cert, Sustainable Agriculture @
FLEMING COLLEGE, Peterborough, ONTARIO
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/sustainable-agriculture-co-op
(this program has Agribusiness Components)

PG. Cert., Aquaculture @
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/aquaculture#program-highlights

Thank you, sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adakuchidiebere: 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Maxsbez:

That is good... update the house when they get their Medicals

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
Is it an upfront medical exam or did IRCC ask you to do it?
Sirromey:
Good morning everyone. Please after your medical result comes out and its successful what next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hello Abimbola,

I’ve seen your question previous pages back and some gurus gave their advice. Hopefully you saw all of that.

Your dad can be a sponsor from anywhere, just attach your birth certificate to prove the relationship.

How old are you? Some people have applied without jobs or without putting their statement of account and got visas. But your age matters.

What is this Pgd in? Is it finance related?

Did you order your GCMS note to see the specific reason for your previous rejection? Those issues raised by the visa officer must have been worked on, and you should explain that in your LOE - letter of explanation

He can transfer your living expense to your personal account (and you state it in your sop or he can state it in his sponsorship letter) so they can see you have access to his funds.

I do not think different addresses will be a problem as long as they both bear his name (but this is just my personal opinion) if you’re unsure you can stick to using 1 account.

Meanwhile, please try to get something doing from now even if it’s unpaid. Voluntary, internship, whatever. Even great if it’s finance related.

All the best

Abimbolakay123:
hello dear Nairalanders my name is Abimbola and I was denied a visa to study in Canada late last year I really should not go in details boring ya'll with how I made the application cause I hate to dwell in the past plus after coming on nairaland for the second time I realised that my former application was a total mess judging from the kind of information that have been shared on this wonderful platform. i really wished that I had seen all of this earlier

I have been really scared of another rejection so I kept on deferring my admission to the next semester and now I have another offer letter for January 2021 intake and I decided to re apply for a visa at the Canadian embassy again n

I would like to present my case to this amazing panel of elite minds and I look forward to getting your opinions on whether or not it is a good decision to re apply and what my chances are at getting a visa.

so i graduated from the university 2018 with a 2.2 and a Bachelor's degree in finance, i worked in a tax and audit firm for my nysc through out 2019, after which i worked as a facilities manager in a serviced apartment in lekki, i have not been working since the Covid 19 pandemic hit hard in march.

i have an offer letter form a college in Toronto to study a post graduate diploma (not masters)

i have completed my NYSC

my dad is my sponsor and he resides in south africa where he has a business registered in his name with a business account and a property

he also has a Nigeria bank account he opened early this year and the account is well funded

i have visited him once in south Africa so i have their stamp on my passport

my dad has visa stamps of both Canada and USA on his passport

my personal account is not well funded so i have place all my hopes of getting the visa on my dads document

my questions:

1. can the fact my dad being in south Africa and i in Nigeria hinder him being my sponsor?

2. can the fact that i not having a well funded account or work experience cause a rejection?

3. do you think i shouldn't re apply and just gather more work experience?

4. if i should re apply do you think it's wise for me to merge the Nigeria account he opened with his south African documents which carries different addresses or i should just stick with the south Africa documents alone?

I'll be waiting patiently for a response from ya'll please help provide as much relevant information as you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
ICRCC asked for it
Chocs:
Is it an upfront medical exam or did IRCC ask you to do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,
I think not all institutions do this (differential fee thing)
They just give a price for domestic students(lower), and a higher price for international students

In this case what should I state on Form IMM1294 as the Tuition fee?

Should it be only the aspect of the fee denoted as Tuition or should it be Tuition fee plus International Differential Fee? Because the fees were stated differently in the fees schedule and offer letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hello. Unfortunately I have no idea. The best person to ask would be your university/institution. Or the ISA(international student advising) of your university, if that’s available.

Nastan:

In this case what should I state on Form IMM1294 as the Tuition fee?

Should it be only the aspect of the fee denoted as Tuition or should it be Tuition fee plus International Differential Fee? Because the fees were stated differently in the fees schedule and offer letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
No further action is required. The clinic would send your result to IRCC. Just keep the paper you got from the clinic properly as your proof.

To learn more about this, please read this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html
Sirromey:
ICRCC asked for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
Chocs:
No further action is required. The clinic would send your result to IRCC. Just keep the paper you got from the clinic properly as your proof.

To learn more about this, please read this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

He’s meant to upload the emedical slip he got from the clinic via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hello Luckymama,
Congratulations on your successful outcome.
Please I would need your help with regards to how you put together your second application.

1. Did you rewrite your SOP or it you used the old one.

2. What else did you do differently with the second one.

I'd appreciate your response. Also, I sent you a PM, if you don't mind

[

quote author=Luckymama post=94313882]

Sorry house. I fully intended to update the house. Received my GCMS notes and it showed that Eligibility was passed. It went on to undergo secondary review in China. Then it was sent to Edmonton. Sha basically it appears the AIP was a positive sign. But I have already deferred admission to next year before I got the AIP.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
Okay, thanks for the correction.
SKEPTA:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
@sirromey
SKEPTA:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
The result from the medical was successful. I checked today and I saw medical successful
Chocs:
@sirromey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
On your account? Then I was right by saying nothing has to be done smiley
Sirromey:
The result from the medical was successful. I checked today and I saw medical successful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yes. Do you have an idea how long it will take for final verdict.
Chocs:
On your account? Then I was right by saying nothing has to be done smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
MadeMan01:

The update on you profile under medical will change to:
You Passed the medical exam

Good evening house, I just checked my daughter’s profile now and it says “Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below”
Recall that I mentioned sending the eMedical information sheet via web form on 3 occasions after the test. I made her do the medical exam after receiving the AIP in August 24 but the actual medical request from IRCC came on August 27...I’m kind of worried here...as the 30 days have lapsed. Should I keep sending web forms and emails? Or should I take her for another medical exam? What do you guys think?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
No one can answer this. Things have gotten very unpredictable with covid.

Getting a medical request is a good sign though.

If you want to see what’s happening with your application, you can order your gcms notes. Just google gcms notes and you’ll see how to order it. Costs about $15 and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If your application has been approved, you’ll see it there.
But hopefully a positive response would come before the gcms notes.
Sirromey:
Yes. Do you have an idea how long it will take for final verdict.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Please check that you have been sending it to the right place.

If I were you, I would send it again via web form and email. Include my application number, UCI number etc (this is what I’ll do if I were in your shoes)

Also if you haven’t contacted the clinic, contact them and make sure your result was sent.

wolepopo:

Good evening house, I just checked my daughter’s profile now and it says “Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below”
Recall that I mentioned sending the eMedical information sheet via web form on 3 occasions after the test. I made her do the medical exam after receiving the AIP in August 24 but the actual medical request from IRCC came on August 27...I’m kind of worried here...as the 30 days have lapsed. Should I keep sending web forms and emails? Or should I take her for another medical exam? What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
Chocs:
Please check that you have been sending it to the right place.

If I were you, I would send it again via web form and email. Include my application number, UCI number etc (this is what I’ll do if I were in your shoes)

Also if you haven’t contacted the clinic, contact them and make sure your result was sent.

The first web form and attachment I sent on August 30 was acknowledged on September 4 with the message below:

“ Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

8_28_20_25912_PM.pdf
We have forwarded it along with the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya, we invite you to also contact them in order to...”

I even sent emails to Nairobi (which weren’t Specifically acknowledged though except for the generic messages). I have sent another carefully worded web form this evening. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by captainking(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hi all.. A quick one please...

If one gets admission to study a certificate course in Canada for a year.. Will the person be given an extra year after the study to pursue other courses? Or do masters??

Also.. If one goes to Canada for bsc course.. Can one bring his family over?? Say.. Wife......

Lastly... I would like to confirm if Canada gives 1 year after masters....during which.. One can either get a job.. Or further education...

Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Well said brother. I hope the visa officer's at the High Commission of Canada in Nairobi will be compassionate to an extent in processing study permit applications from Nigeria. Honestly speaking, the occurring refusals from these VO's is seriously giving the Gurus of this thread intense concerns as to the viable way/option of addressing these issues. Apparently, i suggest that applicants with good profiles but yet refused of their visas are better off opting for a judicial review than reapplying by themselves. Fighting the VO reasons for a refusal through JD process is the best option here, though it might cost the applicant some certain amount of money and the process may take quite a long time. However, considering the rate of refusals, I think it's worth going for a JD because at the end of the day the applicant will have a better chance of winning the case and getting his/her application reviewed and approved by another visa officer. Well, this is my subjective opinion based on the current situation of things. My brother, It's interesting to know that you're making good moves and plans for yourself. I look forward to providing my assistance to you in the best possible way I can in the near future.

I wish you the very best in all of your endeavours.

It will end in praise.
Boss Na 1.5m Na him be certain amount of money oo?.. boss ma pa mi now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2020
MyRace:

Hello Luckymama,
Congratulations on your successful outcome.
Please I would need your help with regards to how you put together your second application.

1. Did you rewrite your SOP or it you used the old one.

2. What else did you do differently with the second one.

I'd appreciate your response. Also, I sent you a PM, if you don't mind

[

quote author=Luckymama post=94313882]

Sorry house. I fully intended to update the house. Received my GCMS notes and it showed that Eligibility was passed. It went on to undergo secondary review in China. Then it was sent to Edmonton. Sha basically it appears the AIP was a positive sign. But I have already deferred admission to next year before I got the AIP.

Did you apply from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zeb04(f): 5:54am On Sep 28, 2020
Hello all, please I would like to find out if i can convert my work visa to study visa while in Canada.

Do i have to come back to Nigeria to apply again for a study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2020
Day 35!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2020
Yes, she did
Maxsbez:

Did you apply from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2020
Hello,
There is something call the the post graduation work permit (pgwp)

You get time after studies to work, the time you get is based on the number of years/months of the program you studied. This applies to certificate course, diploma or masters, as long as they meet the rules for pgwp (the rules are in the links below)

If you study for 8 months to 1 year you’ll get 8 months to 1 year pgwp

If you study for 2-3 years, you’ll get 3 years pgwp

There are some conditions to be met to qualify for pgwp (both you you and the institution you attended) Please read the below links. They have all the info you’re looking for.

You can go with your family if you have enough money and your application is tight enough to be approved.

Please note that if you’re older and you’re going for BSC you’ll have to tell the visa officer what you’ve been doing since your secondary school completion with convincing solid proof.

If you want to further your studies after doing a previous course, you’ll have to apply for another study permit (show funds etc) as soon as you’re completing/shortly before completing the first course because study permits are given for the duration of your program. So that permit most likely would be expiring after the first program. You can do that from within Canada.

All the best

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

captainking:
Hi all.. A quick one please...

If one gets admission to study a certificate course in Canada for a year.. Will the person be given an extra year after the study to pursue other courses? Or do masters??

Also.. If one goes to Canada for bsc course.. Can one bring his family over?? Say.. Wife......

Lastly... I would like to confirm if Canada gives 1 year after masters....during which.. One can either get a job.. Or further education...

Thanks for your anticipated response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2020
All the best, I hope it will be good news

NwanyiOkpa:
Day 35!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:27am On Sep 28, 2020
I’m very confused like this! I want to school in Canada but I need a very affordable school for undergraduate. Please someone help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2020
Okay sir, let’s hope they see it and act on it. Also send an email to Nairobi asides the webform. Someone has shared their email on this platform but I can’t seem to find it.

All the best

wolepopo:

The first web form and attachment I sent on August 30 was acknowledged on September 4 with the message below:

“ Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

8_28_20_25912_PM.pdf
We have forwarded it along with the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya, we invite you to also contact them in order to...”

I even sent emails to Nairobi (which weren’t Specifically acknowledged though except for the generic messages). I have sent another carefully worded web form this evening. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2020
How much is affordable for you? How old are you?

adeniyi3971:
I’m very confused like this! I want to school in Canada but I need a very affordable school for undergraduate. Please someone help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Have you thought of applying from SA?
Abimbolakay123:
hello dear Nairalanders my name is Abimbola and I was denied a visa to study in Canada late last year I really should not go in details boring ya'll with how I made the application cause I hate to dwell in the past plus after coming on nairaland for the second time I realised that my former application was a total mess judging from the kind of information that have been shared on this wonderful platform. i really wished that I had seen all of this earlier

I have been really scared of another rejection so I kept on deferring my admission to the next semester and now I have another offer letter for January 2021 intake and I decided to re apply for a visa at the Canadian embassy again n

I would like to present my case to this amazing panel of elite minds and I look forward to getting your opinions on whether or not it is a good decision to re apply and what my chances are at getting a visa.

so i graduated from the university 2018 with a 2.2 and a Bachelor's degree in finance, i worked in a tax and audit firm for my nysc through out 2019, after which i worked as a facilities manager in a serviced apartment in lekki, i have not been working since the Covid 19 pandemic hit hard in march.

i have an offer letter form a college in Toronto to study a post graduate diploma (not masters)

i have completed my NYSC

my dad is my sponsor and he resides in south africa where he has a business registered in his name with a business account and a property

he also has a Nigeria bank account he opened early this year and the account is well funded

i have visited him once in south Africa so i have their stamp on my passport

my dad has visa stamps of both Canada and USA on his passport

my personal account is not well funded so i have place all my hopes of getting the visa on my dads document

my questions:

1. can the fact my dad being in south Africa and i in Nigeria hinder him being my sponsor?

2. can the fact that i not having a well funded account or work experience cause a rejection?

3. do you think i shouldn't re apply and just gather more work experience?

4. if i should re apply do you think it's wise for me to merge the Nigeria account he opened with his south African documents which carries different addresses or i should just stick with the south Africa documents alone?

I'll be waiting patiently for a response from ya'll please help provide as much relevant information as you can

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.