Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168237 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2020
Doesn’t sound like a good idea to me
Chukwubuikexo:
Have you thought of applying from SA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2020
wolepopo:

Good evening house, I just checked my daughter’s profile now and it says “Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below”
Recall that I mentioned sending the eMedical information sheet via web form on 3 occasions after the test. I made her do the medical exam after receiving the AIP in August 24 but the actual medical request from IRCC came on August 27...I’m kind of worried here...as the 30 days have lapsed. Should I keep sending web forms and emails? Or should I take her for another medical exam? What do you guys think?

You did well. Luckily you have acknowledgement. Resend the upfront eMedical slip to the two e-mail addresses below in Nairobi and also screenshot the acknowledgement e-mail.
State your application number,
UCI number and
UMI/IME number as stated on the medical slip.
The number on your medical request if any

I doubt you can do another medical as it's valid for one year. Call the hospital and confirm from them that they have uploaded the medical results of your daughter before sending the mail to:

nairobi@international.gc.ca and
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

It will end is praise like Don FrankRobbn would always say

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2020
Chocs:
Okay sir, let’s hope they see it and act on it. Also send an email to Nairobi asides the webform. Someone has shared their email on this platform but I can’t seem to find it.

All the best

Bros, I have sent 3 emails to Nairobi already on this issue with the eMedical information sheet attached ; will keep sending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2020
MadeMan01:

You did well. Luckily you have acknowledgement. Resend the upfront eMedical slip to the two e-mail addresses below in Nairobi and also screenshot the acknowledgement e-mail.
UCI number and

I doubt you can do another medical as it's valid for one year. Call the hospital and confirm from them that they have uploaded the medical results of your daughter before sending the mail to:

Thanks for the additional email address. I’ll bombard them again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jerosky231: 10:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Good morning house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 10:39am On Sep 28, 2020
Good news guys. Her profile has just been updated:

“September 28, 2020 You passed the Medical Exam”

MadeMan01:

UCI number and

There’s a 3rd email address: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2020
Engager69:
Boss Na 1.5m Na him be certain amount of money oo?.. boss ma pa mi now

Strictly for those who can afford it because the associated benefits is worth it in the end. cheesy

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:56am On Sep 28, 2020
adeniyi3971:
I’m very confused like this! I want to school in Canada but I need a very affordable school for undergraduate. Please someone help

Check: The University of Winnipeg, The University of Saskatchewan and Brandon University.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2020
Olayinkaji:

You were right, it's a post secondary diploma

Good to know you went out of your way to verify my advice from the admission office.. It's time to make the most of the suggestions given in your next application.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2020
Chocs:
How much is affordable for you? How old are you?

I’m 23 will be 24 by October 20.

2m is affordable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Check: The University of Winnipeg, The University of Saskatchewan and Brandon University.

It will end in praise

God bless frank I’m checking them now!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 11:38am On Sep 28, 2020
Hello house please how do I book for Medicals (iom) their numbers not going through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
Maxsbez:
Hello house please how do I book for Medicals (iom) their numbers not going through

Please follow this link to book for your medicals with IOM. HOW TO BOOK MEDICALS WITH IOM.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Please what are the associated benefits apart from getting the approval eventually? Will they pay for the stress or the VO refund the expenses?

Frankrobbn1:

Strictly for those who can afford it because the associated benefits is worth it in the end. cheesy

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elyasix: 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Pls sir I have admission with university of Manitoba already and I want to start study visa pls how can I do that myself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
Maxsbez:
Visit the link below on
HOW TO Book for Medicals at IOMHAC online (Lagos or Abuja)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/258#93166607
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by holluville: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Elyasix:
Pls sir I have admission with university of Manitoba already and I want to start study visa pls how can I do that myself?

Go to Page 1... There you'll find all you are looking for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
Elyasix:

visit the link below for

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

Do ask questions on anything u aren't clear of here in the forum (as regards Canada Study Visa) and honorable members would respond

All da best!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
MyRace:

Hello Luckymama,
Congratulations on your successful outcome.
Please I would need your help with regards to how you put together your second application.

1. Did you rewrite your SOP or it you used the old one.

2. What else did you do differently with the second one.

I'd appreciate your response. Also, I sent you a PM, if you don't mind

I Used the same SOP. The issue with my first application was my proof of sponsorship. My sponsor is a business man. He attached his personal account and his business account. From the GCMS notes I saw that the VO doubted that the sponsor was in control of the business account (even though his name was in the CAC document as director).

2. What I did differently: my sponsor paid my first year tuition. Then he got a letter from his bank showing that he and his wife alone are the sole signatories to the business account. He also transferred the amount sufficient for 1 year upkeep into my account though I also had some funds there. Then he wrote a letter of sponsorship explaining all that he did and why. (He is a relative and a partner in the business I intend to come back and continue to run after completing the program.)

LEARNING POINT: If you have to use a business account, get a letter from the bank showing the signatories to the account.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Does your sponsor have thesame surname with you ?

Luckymama:

I Used the same SOP. The issue with my first application was my proof of sponsorship. My sponsor is a business man. He attached his personal account and his business account. From the GCMS notes I saw that the VO doubted that the sponsor was in control of the business account (even though his name was in the CAC document as director).

2. What I did differently: my sponsor paid my first year tuition. Then he got a letter from his bank showing that he and his wife alone are the sole signatories to the business account. He also transferred the amount sufficient for 1 year upkeep into my account though I also had some funds there. Then he wrote a letter of sponsorship explaining all that he did and why. (He is a relative and a partner in the business I intend to come back and continue to run after completing the program.)

LEARNING POINT: If you have to use a business account, get a letter from the bank showing the signatories to the account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2020

“September 28, 2020 You passed the Medical Exam” cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
MamaIva:
Does your sponsor have thesame surname with you ?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
I am hopeful then! Did you resend emails and or web forms today? Also, did you get an email alert or you just logged in and saw the medical update?

wolepopo:

“September 28, 2020 You passed the Medical Exam” cheesy cheesy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
MyRace:
Good after all,

Congratulations first and foremost to everyone who has received positive feedback. I pray everyone will get theirs!

So I got a refusal for my SP last week and the reasons were:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Family ties.

I'm female and I applied with my children. Hubby was meant to remain here.
Interestingly, after so many web notes with them telling me they were working on my profile, I had been rejected since June 30 (I applied June 10). It was after the refusal that my eligibility review was updated and showed June 30.

I have requested for my GCMS notes in order to know what they are actually worried about.

Now, my questions are:
1. How do I address the "purpose of visit" ( mind you I made a very tight SOP addressing it)

2. If I decide to leave my children out of the second application, will it raise eyebrows?

A brief overview of my profile:

Chartered Accountant with and MBA
Going for a Masters in Finance
School fees fully paid
Enough money to cover all expenses, even if the children go with me.

Thanks for your responses

You most likely can’t know the real reason for the denial until you get the GCMS. But if one were to guess from the generic reasons, your kids going with you seem to be a reason. You can address it head on in your letter of explanation: you initially wanted to take your children with you but upon further consideration you realized caring for your kids may have a bigger impact on your concentration on your studies and have instead decided to make alternative arrangements to enable you concentrate. I have heard of someone getting a letter from a grandma undertaking to take care of the kids or you get a nanny/house keeper.

If your SOP is well crafted then wait for your GCMS notes to see where the issue lies. Did you address what you intend to do with the new degree when you come back I.e how it will increase your earning power in Nigeria or how it will further your career?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
Godsblessings:
with this , I saw here ,it means he can use business account if the sponsor can pay his tuition deposit from the business account?
pls has anyone ever used company business account to get the Canada study permit here ?

I have (at least AIP). But the sponsor had to get a letter from the bank showing that he is a signatory to the business account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Greetings All,

I submitted my previous application as self sponsor. The application was refused due to financial establishment as seen in GCMS. I submitted a SOA of 7.2 million for a one year course (tuition $8,250). I wanna use my cousin as a co sponsor. He has around 15 million in his account. We bear the same surname. I want to know the document to attach in my second application to show that we are related and he is my cousin.

What's the best way to address these negative note?.
@Frankrobbn
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chocs

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jago2016(m): 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
Please house is there anyone here that’s currently studying in Dalhousie University Halifax,Canada or an alumni?

Kindly indicate, i need first hand experience answers to a few questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Akannitommy:
I am hopeful then! Did you resend emails and or web forms today? Also, did you get an email alert or you just logged in and saw the medical update?

I resent an email this morning and attached both the information sheet from QLIFE and the medical exam request letter from IRCC...I think that did the magic. I’ve never sent both to them before via web form. I just checked her profile and saw the update; no email notification came. Best of luck, my brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Onweke:
Greetings All,

I submitted my previous application as self sponsor. The application was refused due to financial establishment as seen in GCMS. I submitted a SOA of 7.2 million for a one year course (tuition $8,250). I wanna use my cousin as a co sponsor. He has around 15 million in his account. We bear the same surname. I want to know the document to attach in my second application to show that we are related and he is my cousin.

@Frankrobbn
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chocs

So sorry about your Refusal

There might be more to the refusal based on the text on your GCM note

Do share your Profile (List out the Documents you submitted for your application)
- What you studied in Nigeria, the program you are going for in Canada & its qualification (PG. Cert or Masters or PH.D) etc.
- Marital Status
- Employment status
- Home ties - Family Ties.... etc..

Also share how you show your Proof Of Funds (List the Documents)

With that, members in house gonna know what went wrong , and be able to connect the GCM note text with your profile then arrive at a possible way the refusal can be tackled.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
@jus4c Thanks for your encouraging post. Please can you clarify if you applied from the US? Because as you know different locations are treated differently by VOs. So it’s good for us to have the full picture when we are learning from people’s experiences. Because I noticed all your funds are being quoted in USD. Thanks a lot.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tonygrinds(m): 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bro you sef f*ck up nah. They said large deposit from unknown source. Meaning a huge amount entered your account at once. You should have written a letter showing them who the funds came from or you should have been patient to build your account for 6 months before applying.

I think 7.2 million is okay and Canada doesn’t deny visa because you have no travel history. If you have a travel history it’s okay but it’s not because you don’t have at all it’s weird. All boils down to the huge funds that was credited to your account.

Onweke:
Greetings All,

@Frankrobbn
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chocs

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.