Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1180117 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jetline: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello Gurus,
I am aware here is not the right forum to ask this question but I have no choice.
How can I apply for spousal permit? I have a study permit and want to apply for my spouse to accompany me. I need the link please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thank you very much for your response. I'm waiting for the GCMS notes as I expect it will throw more light on the issues.

However, my hubby is not coming with us, with a decent job here. Doesn't that count as enough family ties or do they think he will leave his job to go and hibernate illegally in Canada?

Also, I gave a very detailed plan of what I intend to come and do back in Nigeria.

Someone had privately advised me to do Judicial Review, only to come here and see @Frankrobbn1 talk about it. At this rate, the High Commission in Lagos should be given power to conduct interviews and issue visas here rather than throwing us to Nairobi.

Also, @Frankrobbn1 and anyone who know something, can you shed more light on the Judicial Review process?

Luckymama:

You most likely can’t know the real reason for the denial until you get the GCMS. But if one were to guess from the generic reasons, your kids going with you seem to be a reason. You can address it head on in your letter of explanation: you initially wanted to take your children with you but upon further consideration you realized caring for your kids may have a bigger impact on your concentration on your studies and have instead decided to make alternative arrangements to enable you concentrate. I have heard of someone getting a letter from a grandma undertaking to take care of the kids or you get a nanny/house keeper.

If your SOP is well crafted then wait for your GCMS notes to see where the issue lies. Did you address what you intend to do with the new degree when you come back I.e how it will increase your earning power in Nigeria or how it will further your career?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
Judicial review is a costly process. Basically you are taking them to court. You will have to pay an immigration lawyer (at least between 1,000 to 3,000 CAD). Apart from the costs of instituting the action.

I don’t know about you o, but for me I will rather do what I need to do to adjust my application and get the visa than to dash an immigration lawyer that amount of money.

If you are worried about leaving your children behind for a long time, it does not necessarily have to be long. I have posted before about families where the mother applies alone and once she gets the visa she applies for her children and even spouse if she wants.

I am not an expert o. Just speaking from personal experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thanks for the response. I will do the same to all 3 emails. But I also think (a theory though) by day 30 they have obligation to check and update based on 1 or 2 similar cases I have seen including yours. The medical update for upfront are usually resolved 1 +/- D-day for extreme types like these.

wolepopo:

I resent an email this morning and attached both the information sheet from QLIFE and the medical exam request letter from IRCC...I think that did the magic. I’ve never sent both to them before via web form. I just checked her profile and saw the update; no email notification came. Best of luck, my brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello, sorry to hear about the refusal.

From what I can see, the total sum of money wasn’t the problem. The lump sum deposit without explanation was. When depositing huge amount close to the date of application, you need to explain where the money came from with proof. Did you sell a property? Was it a gift from a sponsor? Etc

There were also other reasons stated apart from financial. They sort of point to your statement of purpose (SOP) You would need to write a stronger SOP, explaining your study plan and why the course would be beneficial to you

There was also a complain of weak home ties. Do you have siblings? Parents? A business? Land? Any property? These might help tackle this

What did you study previously? What line is your current job? Is any of this related to what you’re going to study in Canada?

If you’re reapplying with your cousin, you will need to show his source of income. If he’s employed then you’ll need his payslips, letter of introduction from employer, proof of his employment. If he’s a business owner, you’ll need his business registration documents.

To show proof you can attach birth certificates of your parents who are related (it will show that your parent and his parents have same parents, as birth certificates usually carry names of parents) For example if your mum and his mum are sisters. Attach your mum’s birth certificate and his mum’s birth certificate. Both of their birth certificate would list out their parents and it would tally (if they’re full siblings from same mum and dad)

All the best

Onweke:
Greetings All,

I submitted my previous application as self sponsor. The application was refused due to financial establishment as seen in GCMS. I submitted a SOA of 7.2 million for a one year course (tuition $8,250). I wanna use my cousin as a co sponsor. He has around 15 million in his account. We bear the same surname. I want to know the document to attach in my second application to show that we are related and he is my cousin.

What's the best way to address these negative note?.
@Frankrobbn
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chocs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by donbuscka: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good people and gurus of this forum, thank you all... I have a questions please.

The required fund (Tuition+$10,000 CAD), is it suppose to be held in the account for the whole of 6 months OR it can build up over time within the 6 months but should be there complete before/during application?

Please HELP!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello,
There’s no rule that money should be held for 6 months.

Please take note: if any huge/lump sum is coming in at any point, you should explain the source with proof (eg property sale, or gift) and attach a proof to avoid rejection.

All the best

donbuscka:
Good people and gurus of this forum, thank you all... I have a questions please.

The required fund (Tuition+$10,000 CAD), is it suppose to be held in the account for the whole of 6 months OR it can build up over time within the 6 months but should be there complete before/during application?

Please HELP!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oyindaamolaa: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good afternoon,
Please refer school that I can apply for a master's in human resources management or business administration that doesn't require GMAT and I also have a second class lower. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
Oyindaamolaa:
Good afternoon,
Please refer school that I can apply for a master's in human resources management or business administration that doesn't require GMAT and I also have a second class lower. Thanks

Hi Oyin,

2nd Class Upper is the minimum requirement for Masters.

Your best shot is a PG.Cert/PGD based on ur 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Please what are the associated benefits apart from getting the approval eventually? Will they pay for the stress or the VO refund the expenses?

Getting an approval in the end and being allowed to enter Canada to pursue your choice of program are the associated benefits that can't be turned down. Taking that into account, you wouldn't even recall the stress or expenses you incurred during the immigration process because you will eventually get the money spent in a matter of few months in Canada.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ThatGirli: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good day house.

I have been a silent reader.

I applied for Visa on the 3rd of June.
Got medical request on the 27th of August
Medical passed on the 4th of September.

Waiting for PPR by God's grace. But my concern is that my passport will expire April 2021. Should I quickly get another passport and update them via webform Pls I need your sincere advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
ThatGirli:
Good day house.

I have been a silent reader.

I applied for Visa on the 3rd of June.
Got medical request on the 27th of August
Medical passed on the 4th of September.

Waiting for PPR by God's grace. But my concern is that my passport will expire April 2021. Should I quickly get another passport and update them via webform Pls I need your sincere advice

You can renew the passport in November 2020. By then, the validity of your passport will be less than 6 months. Thereafter, raise a webform and update your application. Your visa will be stamped on the new passport while the old passport will be cancelled without prejudice.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
[b][/b]
Jetline:
Hello Gurus,
I am aware here is not the right forum to ask this question but I have no choice.
How can I apply for spousal permit? I have a study permit and want to apply for my spouse to accompany me. I need the link please.

Check this link for all the information you ma need

https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit/105[b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ThatGirli: 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thank you for your prompt response Mr Frank. What if I get a Passport Request before November 2020?

You can renew the passport in November 2020. By then, the validity of your passport will be less than 6 months. Thereafter, raise a webform and update your application. Your visa will be stamped on the new passport while the old passport will be cancelled without prejudice.

It will end in praise[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jamesobedbaisel: 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Applied for fall
School university of Windsor
My cousin account over $30,+
I attached fixed deposit in my name $15,+ not bank statement
I added land documents in my name.
Was not able to attached affidavit of support due to pandemic.
I’m single 27 and also only child of my parents.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zill001: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
Dear all,

Please can someone help me with the names of universities in Canada that can waive GMAT/GRE for masters admission. I would really appreciate.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
ThatGirli:
Thank you for your prompt response Mr Frank. What if I get a Passport Request before November 2020?

In the event that you got passport request earlier enough before November. Quickly renew the passport before submitting your new passport to the VAC.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
zill001:
Dear all,

Please can someone help me with the names of universities in Canada that can waive GMAT/GRE for masters admission. I would really appreciate.

Thank you

University of Canada West and Thompson Rivers.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yemyte1000: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good day guys,

Trust we’re doing great.

Does anyone has information on Canada Student Visa please because I learnt the process of getting it is paused for now and when it will resume is uncertain.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
yemyte1000:
Good day guys,

Trust we’re doing great.

Does anyone has information on Canada Student Visa please because I learnt the process of getting it is paused for now and when it will resume is uncertain.

Thanks in anticipation.

IRCC are processing and receiving applications from Candidates, the immigration process has never at any point paused. Therefore, you may start your visa application by gathering relevant documents that will be helpful in your immigration case.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello, jus to add to what Mr Frank has said.
It’s possible to renew your passport when it is still valid for more than 6 months. I know it can be done in Abuja headquarters, I don’t know about other places. You’ll need to write a letter stating why, and attach copies of all the pages of the passport. Even better if you have a connect working there that can fast track it for you. It can take less than a week. I made this info available incase you decide to renew now.

Disclaimer: I’m not advising you to renew now or not. That decision is up to you. I only made the info available incase you need it. All the best.

Frankrobbn1:

In the event that you got passport request earlier enough before November. Quickly renew the passport before submitting your new passport to the VAC.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ThatGirli: 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thank you so much.

Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello, sorry to hear about your refusal.

Did you submit any document to show your family is well established? Land? House? Business? Property?

An affidavit might help

They also want to know your cousins family composition, I think to see how much responsibilities he has.

Fixed deposit is not the best. I think having the money readily available is better (my personal opinion) or at least try to get a letter that says when the fixed period will end.

jamesobedbaisel:
Applied for fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ThatGirli: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thank you Chocs.
I can get the passport within 48hrs in Lagos. Just wanted to know if there's any implication
Chocs:
Hello, jus to add to what Mr Frank has said.
It’s possible to renew your passport when it is still valid for more than 6 months. I know it can be done in Abuja headquarters, I don’t know about other places. You’ll need to write a letter stating why, and attach copies of all the pages of the passport. Even better if you have a connect working there that can fast track it for you. It can take less than a week. I made this info available incase you decide to renew now.

Disclaimer: I’m not advising you to renew now or not. That decision is up to you. I only made the info available incase you need it. All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
jamesobedbaisel:
Applied for fall

I regret to hear that your visa was rejected. The visa officer has expressed concerns about the genuineness of your sponsor (cousin) to sponsor your education in Canada. As such the possibility of you having access to funds in your cousin's account is not reliable.

In this post, I will be providing some of the feasible strategies you can implement in your next application to address the concerns of the visa officer.

First and foremost, you (principal applicant) and your cousin (cousin) must establish strong proof of relationship by including the following documents;

1. Your Father's Birth Certificate (showing that your dad and your cousin's dad share the surname name)
2. Family pictures (Where your cousin and you (the principal applicant) took in the past)
3. Family tree diagram (provide a diagram illustration showing brief description on how your father is connected to your cousin's father).
4. Bank statements (Showing proof of history or ongoing financial support from your sponsor (cousin) to you in the past or present).
5. WhatsApp messages (showing your chats and discussions about your plans to further your studies in Canada.) Etc.
6. A notarized Letter of sponsorship explaining why he is spending so much on you and what makes you so desirous of this sponsorship as well as what he stands to gain as a result of this sponsorship.
7. A domicilary account in your name showing transfer/deposit of equivalent $10,000CAD from your sponsor in support of your annual living expenses.
8. Your sponsor should complete the entire first year tuition fees from his bank account, and highlight the payment date on the SOA. I trust this will overcome the concerns of the visa officer in terms of continued access to funds if your circumstances changes.

In regards to the visa officer's concerns with reference to your inability to demonstrate that your family is well established in Ghana. I would suggest you should add as much documents as possible to prove that you're well off in your home country. The following documents will strengthen your immigration case;

1. Landed property in your name (explain what you intend to do with this land in the near future upon your return home - probably you may emphasize on your plans to start up a company of your own which is in tandem with your acquired practical knowledge and international exposure in Canada)

2. A deed of gift from your parents duly prepared by a licenced attorney (the deed can be in form of assets or money which your parents has gifted to you out of love and affection and has irrevocable power over the gift deed). If possible, your family attorney should write a cover letter on your behalf explaining persuasively to the immigration authorities about your responsibility as the only child of your parent and confirming to the fact that you're the bonafide heir to your family's assets and must return home to ensure its continued management.

I hope this information is helpful in your next attempt.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
H
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
MadeMan01:
Hi @FrankRobbn1,
Can I please have your e-mail. I would like to discuss numerous things with you about Canada
I'm not used to messaging using nairaland.
Can you please send me a mail on ufuoma.ojomaikre@outlook.com.

Sorry for inconvenience

Unfortunately, I can't drop my email on a public forum. Please contact me directly via my signature so I would know how I can be of help to your immigration concerns. Thank you Sir!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good evening all , I wanted to ask about the best way to apply for my student permit . A brief summary about me .

My bsc was in the medical field, so i am going for Occupational health, welness and safety. Its a one year PGC
I am a single parent and I have a 4 years old that wouldn't be accompanying me .

The main issue I have is my proof of finance ,I have about 6 million naira in my savings account , I started to gather this sum by June this year. The sponsor I want to use is a family friend ,she is not in any way related to me . How can I make this fly ,that is using a 3rd party sponsor . Please this has been a burden to me ,as I dont know how to go around it. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Singlexzzy: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
How do I apply for student visa and what are the required documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zill001: 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thanks a bunch

Frankrobbn1:

University of Canada West and Thompson Rivers.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Unfortunately, I can't drop my email on a public forum. Please contact me directly via my signature so I would know how I can be of help to your immigration concerns. Thank you Sir!

It will end in praise

Ok. Sent you a mail.
Kindly confirm

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.