Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1164415 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wasd4luv(m): 6:41am On Sep 29, 2020
Good morning bro

I tried using CIBC three times now but my transaction was decline.. Please what do you think i can do. I need to pay the deposit of $4000 asap. Thanks.

Can I mail you? if Yes kindly share your email address. Thank you so much
dheehour:
You can use the CIBC International Student Pay...... Google it

1. Select University of Windsor as institution
2. Select if you are working with an agent or not, Select term of study, Select country you are paying for and amount in CAD. Click Next

3. It gives you payment options
* Bank Wire ( Transfer) i.e You create an invoice and take it to a Nigerian bank....... it gives you the USD equivalent ..... a reference number will be provided on the created invoice

* Credit/Debit card: Master card. Naira equivalent
* Credit/Debit card: Visa. Naira equivalent
4. Click Next
5.Fill in details such as Student ID, Student email addres, Student first and last name etc.

After doing this like I said in 3. It creates a payment invoice you take to the bank which has a reference number....... they transfer the money from your account to the school account ( your school ID)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Damolarocks: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2020
Good evening house,

Please i need advice on how to build my personal account as i don't have alot of money in it

My sponsor is using her business account and i have seen in the forum the need to transfer the living expenses to my personal account

Can i just transfer the whole 10,000 cad to my account from the business account and explain?

And if yes, please how do i give the explanation? In my sop? Or sponsorship letter?

Please i really need help with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 7:01am On Sep 29, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

So sorry to hear about your temporary delay. I am sure you will bounce back and get it when next you reapply.

All the best.

Thank you I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2020
wasd4luv:
Good morning bro

I tried using CIBC three times now but my transaction was decline.. Please what do you think i can do. I need to pay the deposit of $4000 asap. Thanks.

Can I mail you? if Yes kindly share your email address. Thank you so much

you can use cibc wire transfer,you’d generate the transaction slip and take it to the bank.Then you can use form A to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 7:49am On Sep 29, 2020
Damolarocks:
Good evening house,

Please i need advice on how to build my personal account as i don't have alot of money in it

My sponsor is using her business account and i have seen in the forum the need to transfer the living expenses to my personal account

Can i just transfer the whole 10,000 cad to my account from the business account and explain?

And if yes, please how do i give the explanation? In my sop? Or sponsorship letter?

Please i really need help with this

Be properly guided and well informed.

Packaging your proof of financial is not only about living expenses. You need to factor into consideration, the following breakdown

Full year 1 tuition + $10,000 (living expenses) which may be higher depending on your school's province + additional $3,000 (to cater for others).

If you are using a sponsor, preferably use a direct sponsor and use personal account. However, if your case is different, ensure to proffer proof of relationship and other necessary documents.

And of course, if your program is more than a year, your sponsor must show proof that you will have access to funds for the following years

So, if you are self sponsored, I believe you can now estimate how much you should show.

Regards!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,

I’ve seen 1 or 2 people who posted that they got responses.

Ok thanks but it appears very slow or scarcely
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2020
@Frankrobbn1

[ quote author=MamaIva post=94409537]Good evening all , I wanted to ask about the best way to apply for my student permit . A brief summary about me .

My bsc was in the medical field, so i am going for Occupational health, welness and safety. Its a one year PGC
I am a single parent and I have a 4 years old that wouldn't be accompanying me .

The main issue I have is my proof of finance ,I have about 6 million naira in my savings account , I started to gather this sum by June this year. The sponsor I want to use is a family friend ,she is not in any way related to me . How can I make this fly ,that is using a 3rd party sponsor . Please this has been a burden to me ,as I dont know how to go around it. Thank you all [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tonygrinds(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2020
Did you pay your school fees?

Chocs:
I’m sorry to hear about your refusal. I’ll advice you to order your GCMS notes to see the specific reason for the refusal. It can take up to 35 days and costs $12. If a Canadian citizen/PR applies on your behalf, it’s $5.

Did you submit a sponsorship letter? How many years is your course?

I’m not an expert but an applicant myself, but from my little knowledge, it would have been nice to have an amount enough for tuition and living expenses in your account. Your tuition alone is over 10 million. You also needed to show 10,000 CAD for living expenses. Your sponsor wouldn’t be able to release all the money in her account. So your finances might have been a bit tight.

Did you submit source of income for your sponsor? (Pay slips? Proof of business?)

After getting your GCMS and seeing the exact reason, please tackle it. Also, paying your tuition ahead would prove your capabilities. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tonygrinds(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2020
Bro. Don’t let anyone lie to you. That’s too low. Depending on your school fees sha. But do you have a sponsor?
rexericx:
Can 15m be enough as proof of funds for a master (MBA) mc master university in Canada?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:23am On Sep 29, 2020
You quoted the wrong person bro
Tonygrinds:
Did you pay your school fees?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Hello,

I can see 88,000 cad with co-op and 82,000 cad without co-op as the tuition for international students. 15m is way too small

You need to show tuition for 1 year + at least 10,000 cad for living expenses.

rexericx:
Can 15m be enough as proof of funds for a master (MBA) mc master university in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2020
Luckymama:

Hian Oga Frankrobbn. It’s talk like this that make people commit fraud in order to travel out. How can you say a prospective student will get the money spent on judicial review in a few months in Canada? Someone that cannot work for more than 20 hours a week? Where are the jobs set?

Please not in this modern day of information will you be telling people such stories. Please the struggle is real everywhere and nowhere is paved with gold. Let’s endeavor to be realistic please.

It beats me that this is literally coming from you @Luckymama. So, you feel a student can not work out 4kcad spent on a judicial review during the (4 months) Spring period (May to August) when school is not in session? You're such a hilarious person to have made that comment grin grin. Now, let me educate you properly that this is possible and achievable by a student with a diverse job hunting strategy in Canada. FYI, It is clearly stated on IRCC official website that students in Canada can work as much as they want (40hours/per week) during the Spring (May to August) without any restrictions. This information corroborates the fact that a student can actually be able to raise more than the money invested in the Judicial Review process during the Spring. I want to put it that you have little or limited knowledge on how things works, thus the unconscionable statement from you. For the fact that you can't afford this route doesn't give you the boldness to say I'm giving people unrealistic information. There are lots of applicants that have used the judicial review route because of the unfair judgments on their applications and they are happy about the outcome eventually and living their best lives in Canada. Trust me, I won't bother to contend on this matter with you.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
tonyodg

hafa?

still haven't gotten my GCMS note from gcmsbuddy
yes o eligibility failed
Purpose of visit
I hope you bring forth good news from June 10 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
yes o eligibility failed
Purpose of visit

So sorry!
Share your profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Autotekpro: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2020
@Frankrobbn1

Autotekpro:
Good day everyone
My nephew got rejected yesterday based on "
Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
Purpose of your visit.
Personal assets and financial status
Travel history"

Timeline
Applied June 16th with upfront medical
Biometric given August 24th
Refusal September 28th

He is 17 years and graduated in 2018. He applied for a 2 years diploma program in a college for computer science that cost $9500 a year. His father and paternal uncle are sponsoring him, his uncle is a U.S. citizen.

Document submitted
Letter of acceptance with acceptance deposit of $500

Birth certificate

Passport and passport page showing stamp of last travel in 2016 to Dubai

For financial documents
Fathers affidavit of support

Fathers international passport

Uncles letter of support (could not be notarized due to the riot and covid that time, according to him it was difficult for his uncle to get docs during that time so that was only doc he put for uncle, this was mentioned in the LoE. Had his signature on it)

Uncles international passport

Fathers proof of business ownership

Fathers proof of landed properties (2 or 3 lands)

Proof of cars (2 cars)

Fathers Bank statement for company showing inflow and outflow of 18m with current balance of 800k

Fathers personal bank statement with inflow and outflow of 17m

In Client information
LoE

High school Transcript

High school testimonial

Mothers nin slip

Sisters birth certificate

His nin slip

and an xtra bank statement with an account with inflow and outflow

In his LoE he explained that after his program he would come back and be a director in his fathers company spear heading the IT department and how CS is relevant in 9ja,(how zuckerberg and twitter guy have been coming and all that), also explained his gap years by working in his fathers company and understanding how it works. He also has a brother currently a student in Canada. Apart from that his father, mother and sister are in 9ja

Personal I think he did well on the application and refusing him on 4 reasons is too much

Gcms note is in the process of being ordered for.

Any advice for him?
He had a lot of hope for this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mogullet: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2020
@frankrobbn1 and other Gurus, kindly help please?

Mogullet:
Good day all,

I got a letter of refusal today, had ordered for GCMS notes just last week. I have decided to reapply alone at the end of October when I get the GCMS note, so as to address the VO's concerns.

I applied on the 14th of August with one of my three children to go to Canada with me.

Used my husband, other two children and family business as proof of tie back home.

I have a 2.2 in Banking &Finance, got admission to PGD Business Accountancy at Saskatchewan Polythenic.

3+ years of Banking experience and 8 years of building family businesses.

Used the businesses my husband and I have been running for over 10 years as source of fund and paid tuition deposit of 8500CAD from one of our corporate accounts.

Summited the statement account of my business with 40m, the other with 5m and another with 2m while my personal account had over 27,752CAD for daughter and myself.

Please find below the documents I submitted:

Academic Documents:
Letters of Acceptance fall semester
Letter of deference to winter semester
Letter of acceptance winter semester
Letter of Confirmation from Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Receipt for Tuition Deposit
Bachelor of Science Certificate
WASSC Certificate

Personal Documents:
Digital Passport Photograph
Police Character Certificate
Data Page of International Passport
My Birth Certificate
Church Marriage Certificate
Other children's birth certificate
Husbands International Passport
Sworn affidavit of name change
Newspaper publication for change of name

Company Documents:
CAC Certificates
Particulars of Director
Memorandum and Articles of Association

Financials
Bank letter of reference and Statement of my personal account
Bank reference letters for COY 1
Bank letter of reference for COY 2
Mybankticket for statement for COY 1
Mybankticket for statement for COY 2 ( 2 differnt bank accounts)
Business Invoices and Local Purchasing Order (LPO)

Daughter’s documents:
Digital Passport
International Passport
Birth Certificate
Fathers Letter of Consent .

Please my people, help me check. I'm wondering why I got a generic refusal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2020
Tonyodg:
yes o eligibility failed
Purpose of visit

can you share screenshot?

Your prophesy has been fulfilled! Sorry for the refusal

Did you pay tuition?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:04am On Sep 29, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

can you share screenshot?

Your prophesy has been fulfilled! Sorry for the refusal

Did you pay tuition?

Which kind prophesy be that grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2020
Chocs:
@frankrobbn1
Your nephew is about my daughter’s age mate and she is going in for a similar program (Foundation). Maybe I’ll share the documents I submitted but what I did was to submit her application immediately after I got my (and my wife’s) passport request for visitor visa...because there’s technically no background check that’ll be done on a 16/17 year old...only on the sponsors.
Perhaps, the fact that I already got Visa approval counted positively for her...Do your nephew’s parents have Canadian visas?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Autotekpro: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2020
wolepopo:

Your nephew is about my daughter’s age mate and she is going in for a similar program (Foundation). Maybe I’ll share the documents I submitted but what I did was to submit her application immediately after I got my (and my wife’s) passport request for visitor visa...because there’s technically no background check that’ll be done on a 16/17 year old...only on the sponsors.
Perhaps, the fact that I already got Visa approval counted positively for her...Do your nephew’s parents have Canadian visas?

Good day bro
His parents dont have, just his brother who is currently on a study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2020
Autotekpro:

Good day bro
His parents dont have, just his brother who is currently on a study permit
That means the parents have reasonable experience, at least from his brother’s successful application SP application.
Let the in-house gurus decipher the case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Autotekpro: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2020
wolepopo:

That means the parents have reasonable experience, at least from his brother’s successful application SP application.
Let the in-house gurus decipher the case

Yh thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It beats me that this is literally coming from you @Luckymama. So, you feel a student can not work out 4kcad spent on a judicial review during the (4 months) Spring period (May to August) when school is not in session? You're such a hilarious person to have made that comment grin grin. Now, let me educate you properly that this is possible and achievable by a student with a diverse job hunting strategy in Canada. FYI, It is clearly stated on IRCC official website that students in Canada can work as much as they want (40hours/per week) during the Spring (May to August) without any restrictions. This information corroborates the fact that a student can actually be able to raise more than the money invested in the Judicial Review process during the Spring. I want to put it that you have little or limited knowledge on how things works, thus the unconscionable statement from you. For the fact that you can't afford this route doesn't give you the boldness to say I'm giving people unrealistic information. There are lots of applicants that have used the judicial review route because of the unfair judgments on their applications and they are happy about the outcome eventually and living their best lives in Canada. Trust me, I won't bother to contend on this matter with you.

It will end in praise.

Oga if you have ulterior motives asking people to do judicial review please stop it. So I work 40 hours a week during summer break. I will not pay rent abi? I will not pay taxes. I will not pay bills.

What kind of job can a student on vacation get? Is it not minimum to medium wage? Let’s say at the most 25 dollars per hour. 25 x 40 = 1,000 a week. Minimum wage is actually 17 dollars. Even if I earn that 1,000 dollars a week. What if bills?

Please stop this calumnous campaign. The streets of any country in the world are not paved with gold! We need to understand the realities of what lies ahead even as we want to emigrate.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
I really want to rant a little about the unrealistic expectations some of us cultivate about living abroad. Some children sell their parent’s property in order to emigrate because they believe they will “recoup” the money in a few months. It’s not true. Everywhere you live is a struggle. Some of us need to spend time and discuss with people who are already in these places we want to emigrate to so we can know what we are getting ourselves into.

I would advice everyone to check forums like Quora, Reddit and even our own living in Canada thread here on Nairaland to get a real feel of what life is like. Before we all make far reaching decisions without weighing the costs properly.

Rant over.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Damolarocks: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
@luckymama please i need your help on how you reapplied for Visa, when you said your sponsor put money in your account, did the sponsor do it at once please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Damolarocks:
@luckymama please i need your help on how you reapplied for Visa, when you said your sponsor put money in your account, did the sponsor do it at once please?

Yes. He put it in a lump sum and highlighted it in his letter of sponsorship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
You need to relax ma’am. You’re clearly countering yourself.

“You’ll make the money spent on judicial review (approx $5000) after a few months of living/working in Canada as a student”... it’s entirely different from “you’ll make $5000 in a few months AFTER ALL YOUR BILLS are paid”.

Yes. It’s possible to make $1000 monthly working as a student in Canada. In 5 months you’ve made $5000 (regardless of what you spend it on - whether house rent or food)... I believe that’s what Frankrobn was trying to say...

It’s like I’m working in Nigeria, and I earn/get N200,000 a month. Regardless of what I spend my salary on, I still earn N200,000 monthly.

Let’s be slow to attacking other people, please.

Luckymama:

Oga if you have ulterior motives asking people to do judicial review please stop it. So I work 40 hours a week during summer break. I will not pay rent abi? I will not pay taxes. I will not pay bills.

What kind of job can a student on vacation get? Is it not minimum to medium wage? Let’s say at the most 25 dollars per hour. 25 x 40 = 1,000 a week. Minimum wage is actually 17 dollars. Even if I earn that 1,000 dollars a week. What if bills?

Please stop this calumnous campaign. The streets of any country in the world are not paved with gold! We need to understand the realities of what lies ahead even as we want to emigrate.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Damolarocks: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
@luckymama thank you for that
Also, you said first year tuition was paid in full
My sponsor didn't pay the tuition from her account because the rep of the school said deadline for payment was close so we used my sister who has the same surname to make payment
Should i add my sister as a co sponsor please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
What "ulterior motive" could frankrobbn really have, has he ever advertised or promulgated himself a lawyer or as being part of any judicial committee .. When trying to make a point, however valid or passionate we feel about it, we should try and be careful with the words we use. He is not perfect but we can't deny that he has been helpful to many on this thread without any bias or prejudice towards any member (new/old),
I am not the type to lick anybody's a.. regardless of how helpful they have been to me but still HABA !!! Which one be ulterior motive on top this matter now?

That u have gotten your AIP on your second application doesn't suddenly make you a Guru on immigration matters too.

Make your point and let whomever is concerned make their own decision.

Luckymama:
I really want to rant a little about the unrealistic expectations some of us cultivate about living abroad. Some children sell their parent’s property in order to emigrate because they believe they will “recoup” the money in a few months. It’s not true. Everywhere you live is a struggle. Some of us need to spend time and discuss with people who are already in these places we want to emigrate to so we can know what we are getting ourselves into.

I would advice everyone to check forums like Quora, Reddit and even our own living in Canada thread here on Nairaland to get a real feel of what life is like. Before we all make far reaching decisions without weighing the costs properly.

Rant over.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Aderin0la:

“You’ll make the money spent on judicial review (approx $5000) after a few months of living/working in Canada as a student”... it’s entirely different from “you’ll make $5000 in a few months AFTER ALL YOUR BILLS are paid”. Yes. It’s possible to make $1000 monthly working as a student in Canada. In 5 months you’ve made $5000 (regardless of what you spend it on - whether house rent or food)... I believe that’s what Frankrobn was trying to say...

It’s like I’m working in Nigeria, and I earn/get N200,000 a month. Regardless of what I spend my salary on, I still earn N200,000 monthly.

Have you spoken to people who already have this PR we are all chasing to see how easy the jobs are? Have you visited some of these countries we are struggling to get to to see how some of our “abroad” friends are actually struggling to pay bills?

To me it is irresponsible to fritter away 4000 to 5000 dollars on judicial review that MAY not even work. No matter how much money I think I have, 4K is not a joke. Not even a Canadian already earning in dollars thinks 4K is a joke.

When you tell people you can easily “recoup” such money you are being economical with the truth. The truth is that jobs are hard to get in Canada. Even landed PRs complain about that. Cost of living is high in Canada. Everything is expensive - from rent to gas to foodstuff to utilities to phone and data.

So we should not embark on this journey with rose colored glasses or we shall be in for a rude awakening.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Aderin0la:

“You’ll make the money spent on judicial review (approx $5000) after a few months of living/working in Canada as a student”... it’s entirely different from “you’ll make $5000 in a few months AFTER ALL YOUR BILLS are paid”.

Yes. It’s possible to make $1000 monthly working as a student in Canada. In 5 months you’ve made $5000 (regardless of what you spend it on - whether house rent or food)... I believe that’s what Frankrobn was trying to say...

Thank you my brother!. Not everyone is blessed with that ability to assimilate simple statements.

It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
YemmyPOG:

What "ulterior motive" could frankrobbn really have, has he ever advertised or promulgated himself a lawyer or as being part of any judicial committee .. When trying to make a point, however valid or passionate we feel about it, we should try and be careful with the words we use. He is not perfect but we can't deny that he has been helpful to many on this thread without any bias or prejudice towards any member (new/old),
I am not the type to lick anybody's a.. regardless of how helpful they have been to me but still HABA !!! Which one be ulterior motive on top this matter now?

That u have gotten your AIP on your second application doesn't suddenly make you a Guru on immigration matters too.

Make your point and let whomever is concerned make their own decision.

Lol. Stay there and be forming voltron defender of the universe for what you don’t know. Are you aware that some of the “gurus” on this thread are actually business people? It is when you contact them outside the thread for help that they inform you there services are not for free.

He can very well have an arrangement with some immigration lawyers where he gets a cut out of whatever client he directs their way.

Somebody has been on this thread for donkey years since 2017 and is still here actively commenting because of the goodness of his heart. Lol

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.