Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159453 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
There is so much going on today due to the PPRs. I can´t place my hands on it. Kindly try to send me an email. I can give my opinion. I'm not a guru or consultant though.

Best wishes
Olayinkaji:

Alright thank you, I received my gcms notes and I posted in the group.
Kindly offer advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kemiog: 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello House,

I have been following this thread for a while now, please I don’t know if anyone can help me.

I applied for my study permit April 20, I did not do biometrics because I have an existing visa which expires September 2021
No AIP
Medical Request - September 20
Medicals passed - September 24th
Applied for my first CAIPS note and it came 19th of September (eligibility in progress)
2nd CAIPS note (still the same )

Please I wouldn’t mind if you can assist @frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
I replied. Waiting for you to respond with your question
demure178:

I already did. Check please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please kindly look for a guru to assess your notes to be sure they're not expecting some actions from you. @Frankrobbn1 please kindly assist if you can
Kemiog:
Hello House,

I have been following this thread for a while now, please I don’t know if anyone can help me.

I applied for my study permit April 20, I did not do biometrics because I have an existing visa which expires September 2021
No AIP
Medical Request - September 20
Medicals passed - September 24th
Applied for my first CAIPS note and it came 19th of September (eligibility in progress)
2nd CAIPS note (still the same )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Dear Frank,

Thank you! Thanks for replying my email. Even if I got your reply after I submitted my application, it gave me some sort of assurance that I was on track.

But I wanted to fight you yesterday for your comment o. I didn’t need the semi-negativity grin I appreciate your selfless work on here. God bless

My advice was based on my experience with several applications and the functionality nature of Kenya, Nairobi immigration office. In most cases my guidance appears to be factual, however, the odds were in your favour and it was a crowned success in the end.

Congratulations! I will further advice you to courier your passport through DHL to Accra VAC for visa stamps since the Lagos and Abuja VAC is temporarily locked down due to the ongoing anarchy that has befallen Nigeria. I know a few people that have followed this route and have gotten their visas stamped (please note it's at your discretion). If possible, you can as well confirm if any of the VAC in Nigeria have started accepting passports.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
Chocs:
There is so much going on today due to the PPRs. I can´t place my hands on it. Kindly try to send me an email. I can give my opinion. I'm not a guru or consultant though.

Best wishes
Alright , mail sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

My advice was based on my experience with several applications and the functionality nature of Kenya, Nairobi immigration office. In most cases my guidance appears to be factual, however the odds were in your favour and it was a crowned success in the end.

Congratulations! I will further advice you to courier your passport through DHL to Accra visa office for visa stamps since the Lagos visa office is temporarily locked down due to the ongoing anarchy that has befallen Nigeria. I know a few people that has followed this route and have gotten their visas stamped (please note it's at your discretion)

It will end in praise.

Hi boss can I send you mail concerning my gcms notes. I received it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Hi boss can I send you mail concerning my gcms notes. I received it

Please go ahead Sir. I would be glad to assist in your reapplication process.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thank you so much Frank. Accra seems more sensible at this point in time.

Frankrobbn1:

My advice was based on my experience with several applications and the functionality nature of Kenya, Nairobi immigration office. In most cases my guidance appears to be factual, however the odds were in your favour and it was a crowned success in the end.

Congratulations! I will further advice you to courier your passport through DHL to Accra visa office for visa stamps since the Lagos and Abuja VAC is temporarily locked down due to the ongoing anarchy that has befallen Nigeria. I know a few people that have followed this route and have gotten their visas stamped (please note it's at your discretion). Also confirm if any of the VAC in Nigeria have started accepting passports as well.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Thank you so much Frank. Accra seems more sensible at this point in time.

You got it bro! Keep me posted anytime should you have any questions.

I wish you all the best.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dovelove543: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
Good afternoon Everyone,

And congratulations to everyone that has received his or her PPR.

A quick question please, My passport will expire in 3 years and 7 months but my program spans for four years. Would it be advisable to do a new one or submit it that way whenever it is requested for?

Anyone with an answer please reply? Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Alright bro, will send in a while. Nairaland keeps giving "too many anonymous messages"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dovelove543:
Good afternoon Everyone,

And congratulations to everyone that has received his or her PPR.

A quick question please, My passport will expire in 3 years and 7 months but my program spans for four years. Would it be advisable to do a new one or submit it that way whenever it is requested for?

Anyone with an answer please reply? Thank you very much.

3 years and 7 months is a whole lot of time to the expiration of your passport. Please don't renew the passport at this time. It is totally inappropriate to do so. It doesn't matter the duration of your program, in a situation like this, the visa officer will issue you a visa that would last until the duration of your passport, which can easily be renewed in Ottawa, Canada.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
PPR DROPPED. How do i start ooooo...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

my journey started in 2019.

I graduated from Nnamdi Azikie University with 4.25cgpa Mechanical Engineering in 2014

I served in 2016(NYSC). I DON FIND JOB TIRE OOOOOOO.
At a point, i gave up. I stopped applying for jobs. I just focused on playing piano in my church, and also, my father's business.

I was accepted into the university of Saskatchewan for Msc, 2019.

Then i was accepted for 2019 september term.

I was dupped of 450,000 naira by my friend's agent. Very long story. Then, i found out in August 28th 2019. By Then, it was already late. so i deferred again to 2020 January. I applied again through another agent. My money was refunded after wasting one month of precious time. I applied again, late November myself. No help from anyone. i gathered all documents with small account statement. I was denied in January 2020.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

At this point i almost gaveeeeeee up ooooo.

But i picked up the courage again. Then i gathered all required documents and then appled again in June.

SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS

ACCOUNT STATEMENT
LETTER OF EXPLANATION
Sworn Affidavit
Sponsorship letter from my dad registered company.
CAC DOCUMENTS
LETTER OF COMPANY DIRECTORS
LETTER OF SHAREHOLDERS with percentages
i have 10,000 shares in this company.
FATHER'S PASSPORT
MY FAMILY MEMBER'S PICTURES AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

MY LOE wAS OVER-ORGANIZED
3 PAGES LOE.

Don't ever loose hope. GOD has always been my strength. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

it took me 2 years before i was accepted for my masters. GOD helped me. HOLY INFANT JESUS helped me.I don't want to sound too religious. I am not. But i got this admission after i asked INFANT JESUS for help. HE told me that i will be accepted 10 days after applying for acceptance by a professor. IT HAPPENED. FEEL FREE TO DOUBT OR BELIEVE.

Please don't loose hope.

GOD is GREAT. I have my reasons.

TAKE CARE

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
APPROVED ALREADY. THEM NEVER STAMP OOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
BlegendE:
APPROVED ALREADY. THEM NEVER STAMP OOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Congratulations!

You can courier your passport through DHL to Accra VAC for visa issuance. Please contact the Accra VAC for further instructions on how to send your passport to them.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
BlegendE:

I graduated from Nnamdi Azikie University with 4.25cgpa Mechanical Engineering in 2014

At a point, i gave up. I stopped applying for jobs. I just focused on playing piano in my church, and also, my father's business.

I was dupped of 450,000 naira by my friend's agent. Very long story. Then, i found out in August 28th 2019. By Then, it was already late. so i deferred again to 2020 January. I applied again through another agent. My money was refunded after wasting one month of precious time. I applied again, late November myself. No help from anyone. i gathered all documents with small account statement. I was denied in January 2020.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

But i picked up the courage again. Then i gathered all required documents and then appled again in June.

SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS

ACCOUNT STATEMENT
LETTER OF EXPLANATION
Sworn Affidavit
CAC DOCUMENTS
FATHER'S PASSPORT

3 PAGES LOE.

Don't ever loose hope. GOD has always been my strength. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

it took me 2 years before i was accepted for my masters. GOD helped me. HOLY INFANT JESUS helped me.I don't want to sound too religious. I am not. But i got this admission after i asked INFANT JESUS for help. HE told me that i will be accepted 10 days after applying for acceptance by a professor. IT HAPPENED. FEEL FREE TO DOUBT OR BELIEVE.

Please don't loose hope.

TAKE CARE

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise
Mail sent boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Paper route applicant will not receive a request to submit their passport. You will be informed via MyCIC account that your application has been approved and your processed passport is ready to be dispatched.

It will end in praise

Thanks for your supports

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dovelove543: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thank you, Frank.

Frankrobbn1:

3 years and 7 months is a whole lot of time to the expiration of your passport. Please don't renew the passport at this time. It is totally inappropriate to do so. It doesn't matter the duration of your program, in a situation like this, the visa officer will issue you a visa that would last until the duration of your passport, which can easily be renewed in Ottawa, Canada.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Mail sent boss

I'll be in touch shortly. Thanks for your patience.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations. Is it a winter or fall admission?

englois:
Just to encourage those with second class lower (2.2) not to give up. I got my offer of admission from university of Windsor for Masters program (MASC). Thank you Jesus! Now to start processing my visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please is it adviceable to book biometrics now ? with the situation in lagos
if i book for Tuesday and there's a lock down will i be able to go another day?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
Faith243:
Special thanks to Frankrobbin, Qudkom and other gurus for their assistance.

2nd term applicant
Applied:23rd June 2020
Medicals: 22 July
Aip: 18th August
BVL: 20th Oct
PPR: 22nd Oct

Note: graduated 2018, Nysc 2019

Congratulations Faith, I'm happy to be part of your TRV success story. My best wishes are with you.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
Please is it adviceable to book biometrics now ? with the situation in lagos
if i book for Tuesday and there's a lock down will i be able to go another day?

I'll advise you chill for a while or better still book for a far date let say second or third week of November.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please anyone can answer this

If someone who applied for a study permit at an A level in Canada got refused do you think it's possible to change the application and go for an BSC and write a new sop irrespective that the last application was an A level Sop

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

My advice was based on my experience with several applications and the functionality nature of Kenya, Nairobi immigration office. In most cases my guidance appears to be factual, however, the odds were in your favour and it was a crowned success in the end.

Congratulations! I will further advice you to courier your passport through DHL to Accra VAC for visa stamps since the Lagos and Abuja VAC is temporarily locked down due to the ongoing anarchy that has befallen Nigeria. I know a few people that have followed this route and have gotten their visas stamped (please note it's at your discretion). If possible, you can as well confirm if any of the VAC in Nigeria have started accepting passports.

It will end in praise.

Please Mr Frank
If we send it to Accra with DHL. I assume we will pay the return leg, of which I do not know the amount and include it in the package? I honestly do not know the way to go about this.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations

BlegendE:

SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS

ACCOUNT STATEMENT
LETTER OF EXPLANATION
Sworn Affidavit
CAC DOCUMENTS
FATHER'S PASSPORT

3 PAGES LOE.

Please don't loose hope.

TAKE CARE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
I think one should confirm from Accra before sending anything. DHL has a return envelope package. You pay for everything at once. They send and bring it back. The embassy just needs to give DHL back without paying anything. I’ve used it for another embassy recently.

Cheers
DINO71:

Please Mr Frank
If we send it to Accra with DHL. I assume we will pay the return leg, of which I do not know the amount and include it in the package? I honestly do not know the way to go about this.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
For those of us waiting for Conestoga's Readiness plan, and enlistment.
Hope dey, still waiting for a positive response from IRCC Nairobi

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Tonyodg2:
how do you expect someone know who you are talking about
Drop the username of the person you are saying chidiebere Amaka

adakuchidiebere Is her username ... my school replied and said they cannot assist with returned payments requested by banks

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.