Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156477 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
You can check your institution’s website and IRCC website. It’s all stated.

As far as I know
International Passport with your visa/eTA
Letter of introduction
Proof of fund (recent one gotten within 30 days) for tuition and LE(min. 10k)
Self-isolation plan
Proof of enrollment
Your letter of acceptance
That’s all I can remember, there might be more, check the above mentioned websites
Aydindon123:
Good Evening to all the GURU on here

pls what document would i need during this covid-19 period
traveling into Canada ?

pls it urgent

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
Have you sent your passport to vfs yet?
Aydindon123:
Good Evening to all the GURU on here

pls what document would i need during this covid-19 period
traveling into Canada ?

pls it urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ysakaws1: 11:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
Aydindon123:

Centinnial college Ontario Toronto
Graduate certificate
Global Business Management
I applied for another masters program already I’m awaiting my admission.
Please for your first degree, did you graduate with a second class upper or above? I’m asking because I heard getting study permit when you have 2.1 or above in your first degree is difficult. Also, why are you applying for a masters after getting your study permit? Does it still work that way or what’s your plan?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 25, 2020
Good day house,

I plan on submitting my visa application for winter 2021 this week though I am already behind with the timing and looking at the time lag for the VO to give a feedback I might not make the winter 2021 resumption date again.

My main concern is if using the LOA for winter 2021 term will affect if i will be granted a study permit since I am already behind. And if it won't affect and school has already resumed by the time my PPR drops(in faith) that means I will have to send a new LOA for Fall 2021 right? Or do I send the LOA for fall 2021 once I get it from the school before a decision is made on my application?

Secondly I just realised my international passport expires Feb 2021, I made plans to get a new one already but I am being given 2 weeks.
1. Can I still go ahead and use the passport number on this one that expires next year on my application and work on getting a new passport before PPR drops then I can send the new passport with a note.

2. Should I just wait till PPR drops then I send the one that will be expiring to them to affix the stamp? But my concern with this is if PPR doesn't drop before February, I can submit an already expired Passport by March or April na.

Please I need contributions on this as I am in a kind of dilemma right now.

@Frankrobbn1
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chukwubuikexo
@Chocs
And other gurus in the house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:31am On Oct 25, 2020
Hello,

The trv(visa) you’ll get cannot exceed the length of your passport. So if you submit a passport expiring February, the expiry date of the trv will be February, and this is not reasonable.

If you submit your application and the decision isn’t made in time, you can send a new LOA with a new start date. But please check with your school to know the deadline for a deferral so you don’t miss it.

I guess you can apply with this passport if you’re in a hurry and then send the data page of the new passport via webform and email once you get it.

Best wishes
Glasses08:
Good day house,

I plan on submitting my visa application for winter 2021 this week though I am already behind with the timing and looking at the time lag for the VO to give a feedback I might not make the winter 2021 resumption date again.

My main concern is if using the LOA for winter 2021 term will affect if i will be granted a study permit since I am already behind. And if it won't affect and school has already resumed by the time my PPR drops(in faith) that means I will have to send a new LOA for Fall 2021 right? Or do I send the LOA for fall 2021 once I get it from the school before a decision is made on my application?

Secondly I just realised my international passport expires Feb 2021, I made plans to get a new one already but I am being given 2 weeks.
1. Can I still go ahead and use the passport number on this one that expires next year on my application and work on getting a new passport before PPR drops then I can send the new passport with a note.

2. Should I just wait till PPR drops then I send the one that will be expiring to them to affix the stamp? But my concern with this is if PPR doesn't drop before February, I can submit an already expired Passport by March or April na.

Please I need contributions on this as I am in a kind of dilemma right now.

@Frankrobbn1
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chukwubuikexo
@Chocs
And other gurus in the house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GraduateStudyAb: 2:40am On Oct 25, 2020
Congrats Ay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bussibeey(f): 2:59am On Oct 25, 2020
Any university of Calgary Master's applicant here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2020
I'm here

bussibeey:
Any university of Calgary Master's applicant here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bigwayne: 6:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Can you please send me the consent form attached.
heidepaper:
Find attached the received email from vfs Accra
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 7:16am On Oct 25, 2020
Good day ... My brain has been on toast ever since last week . Someone replied me yesterday but I can't wrap my head around the message . Please , let them gurus help me with schools that have very low tuition that I can apply to with a government and Public Administration BSC for Masters. Schools that habe no need for Ielts would be highly appreciated also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 25, 2020
Please try to send me an email so I can send it to you.

Update: I’ve seen your email

Bigwayne:
Can you please send me the consent form attached.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2020
Most schools have no need for IELTS if you studied totally in English. Nigerians qualify. @lekkiboe will suggest schools to you soon I’m sure. Keep calm and wait

Most schools require 2.1 and above for masters. I see you had 2.2. You should be looking at PGD/PGC post graduate diploma or post graduate certificate.

Only few schools take 2.2 for masters, if you had 2.1/first class GPA in your last 2 years of studying.

You can use google to start searching for related courses before someone replies you.
gustav25:
Good day ... My brain has been on toast ever since last week . Someone replied me yesterday but I can't wrap my head around the message . Please , let them gurus help me with schools that have very low tuition that I can apply to with a government and Public Administration BSC for Masters. Schools that habe no need for Ielts would be highly appreciated also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2020
heidepaper:
This group is for study permits sha. So if you want to go to Canada via study route, you’re welcome to ask questions.

Just joking,,,,,,,,,

I know,,,,,,,

Cannada is cool ,,,,,i love dat coutry,,,,,,,,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2020
Good morning house,

Please to the gurus in the house and those that received PPR recently,
Have you couriered your passport to a VAC?
Which VAC did you send to?
What is the procedure...Documents to include...any payments?

Thanks as I expect your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2020
MOKENN:
Good morning house,

Please to the gurus in the house and those that received PPR recently,
Have you couriered your passport to a VAC?
Which VAC did you send to?
What is the procedure...Documents to include...any payments?

Thanks as I expect your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2020
That's great! Congratulations again!
Aydindon123:

No i just sent them a mail
and that was all
they asked me to send back a mail 6 month b4 my resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
With a 2.2 you should be going for a Post Graduate Certificate/ Post Graduate Diploma.

Most schools in Canada does not require IELTS for Nigerians seeking study permit
Check out College of North Atlantic Newfoundland

Thanks alot for this info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2020
heidepaper:
Most schools have no need for IELTS if you studied totally in English. Nigerians qualify. @lekkiboe will suggest schools to you soon I’m sure. Keep calm and wait

Most schools require 2.1 and above for masters. I see you had 2.2. You should be looking at PGD/PGC post graduate diploma or post graduate certificate.

Only few schools take 2.2 for masters, if you had 2.1/first class GPA in your last 2 years of studying.

You can use google to start searching for related courses before someone replies you.

This post is highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bussibeey(f): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2020
Gunbi:
I'm here

Did you submit any proficiency test for your application to the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2020
heidepaper:
I wrote to Accra and got this response:

We acknowledge receipt of your message. Kindly send the following documents to us via DHL:
Passport
Letter from IRCC
CVAC Consent Form (see attached)
Payment slip of GHC331.00 (per person) from our Ecobank Account

Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744

**Effective 1st November, fees will change to GHC378.00 per person.

Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)
Canada Visa Application Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ghana
Baptist Convention House, Abelenkpe road,
Abelemkpe, Accra, Ghana
Thank you.

This is their email address info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com

Thank you for this information. Could you please send me the consent form? I'll send my e mail to you through your DM. Can we send the money through an Ecobank in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oluomu: 8:47am On Oct 25, 2020
adeenzo:

Sadly yes NAIT is quite expensive but trust me even though its a polytechnic... its the next best thing in edmonton after university of edmonton. And its highly reputable, whichever school you choose make sure its a DLI and its a reputable school cos that too helps..

All the school I list are DLI.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 8:57am On Oct 25, 2020
heidepaper:
I wrote to Accra and got this response:

We acknowledge receipt of your message. Kindly send the following documents to us via DHL:
Passport
Letter from IRCC
CVAC Consent Form (see attached)
Payment slip of GHC331.00 (per person) from our Ecobank Account

Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744

**Effective 1st November, fees will change to GHC378.00 per person.

Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)
Canada Visa Application Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ghana
Baptist Convention House, Abelenkpe road,
Abelemkpe, Accra, Ghana
Thank you.

This is their email address info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com

ok Thanks. Have you sent yours to them ?

Who knows if any of the Nigerian VACs will open this week?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2020
Oluomu:
I just checked NAIT site now, the tuition fee is very expensive compare to other schools, i have done zoom meeting with some schools already but unfortunately non is on the list of COVID 19 list of schools that can bring in international students.

Have gotten your visa to travel now?
According to IRCC the COVID-19 readiness plan list will be updated every 2 weeks by the time you would have gotten admission and visa, most schools might have met the criteria.

I advise you to apply for the school of your choice and stop using the list.

The list is not cast in stone. Also according to IRCC schools can also be removed from the list if they fail to maintain the standard of the requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2020
JohnErrin:

I have but if i do a normal compression the file is about 6MB, but if i do a strong compression the file will be 3.39MB but the quality of the images are really low

Let me give you a hack.. put each scanned documents to be submitted on your phone, open and screen grab it, this would shred the size by a chunk. Then Move it to your laptop and use Adobe DC to compress each file, then merge. This should really help with the size.
Godspeed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2020
DeeWan:

Thank you for this information. Could you please send me the consent form? I'll send my e mail to you through your DM. Can we send the money through an Ecobank in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2020
MOKENN:

Who knows if any of the Nigerian VACs will open this week?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2020
Thank you for your response. I'll be expecting the consent form. Please feed us back with the outcome of your findings at Abuja VFS tomorrow.

heidepaper:
You’re welcome

I’ve seen your email. I’ll reply soon with the consent form.

I was told it’s an international transaction so I can’t just transfer from my mobile app. I need to go to the bank to initiate the transaction. Yes you can use ecobank Nigeria.

I’m going to Abuja vfs tomorrow to check if they’re open and accepting passports. If they’re not, I’ll initiate the Accra move

Cheers

Update: I just sent you the consent form

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Consent form sent.

Sure, I’ll give an update about vfs tomorow
DeeWan:
Thank you for your response. I'll be expecting the consent form. Please feed us back with the outcome of your findings at Abuja VFS tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2020
Received.

Thank you so much.

heidepaper:
Consent form sent.

Sure, I’ll give an update about vfs tomorow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2020
gustav25:
Hi Gustavo,

I would suggest you check for HR programs,
cos your first degree in Public Admin share things in Common with HR

With your 2.2, u are not eligible for a Masters, a PGD/PG.Cert/PBD is your best shot.

Visit the link below for,
Schools offering PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Diploma (PBD) in Human Resources Management (HRM)
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Human%20Resources%20management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

As per low tuition, do a google search on the schools in the link above, and check for their International Tuition, with that u can be able to know what to budget for or the one that can accommodate your budget.

Additionally,

Check

- PG.Cert, Human Resources Management
NBCC (New Brunswick Community College),
Moncton, Saint John, New Brunswick. Canada

https://nbcc.ca/programs-courses/program-details?baseCurriculumId=fde68a9f-6483-4f80-b2d0-f955628f22ca

NBCC International tuition seems kinda low & affordable, explore the link above for more details.

PG. Cert, HR program @ Nova Scotia Community College, see link below
https://www.nscc.ca/learning_programs/programs/PlanDescr.aspx?prg=HUMT&pln=HUMRESMAN

Their Tuition (International) is quite cheap, roughly $12,000 CAD

As regards IELTS,

Though ur Moniker name Sounds Brazilian/Portuguese smiley,
If you are a Nigerian, and you see English Test (IELTS) as an admission requirement for a program/skool, ignore it cos you are exempted, the English Test Requirement for admission are meant for countries whose official language is not English, e.g China, Vietnam, Columbia, India, Philippines etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Gustavo,

I would suggest you check for HR programs,
cos your first degree in Public Admin share things in Common with HR

With your 2.2, u are not eligible for a Masters, a PGD/PG.Cert/PBD is your best shot.

Visit the link below for,
Schools offering PG. Cert/Post Baccalaureate Diploma (PBD) in Human Resources Management (HRM)
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Human%20Resources%20management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

As per low tuition, do a google search on the schools in the link above, and check for their International Tuition, with that u can be able to know what to budget for or the one that can accommodate your budget.

Additionally,

Check

- PG.Cert, Human Resources Management
NBCC (New Brunswick Community College),
Moncton, Saint John, New Brunswick. Canada

https://nbcc.ca/programs-courses/program-details?baseCurriculumId=fde68a9f-6483-4f80-b2d0-f955628f22ca

NBCC International tuition seems kinda low & affordable, explore the link above for more details.

As regards IELTS,

Though ur Moniker name Sounds Brazilian/Portuguese smiley,
If you are a Nigerian, and you see English Test (IELTS) as an admission requirement for a program/skool, ignore it cos you are exempted, the English Test Requirement for admission are meant for countries whose official language is not English, e.g China, Vietnam, Columbia, India, Philippines etc.

Thanks alot for your detailed response... I will go through the link and begin my journey... Can I demand for your WhatsApp contact so I can be in touch for guidance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Oluomu:
Hello Everyone,

I'm a graduate of polytechnic and I study mechanical engineering technology power option, I did my compulsory NYSC since I have been working in Automobile Industry in different capacity e.g. Technical Trainer, Auto Diagnostician, Fleet Main't Engineer and Fleet Mgr.

I intend going for Motive Power Technician Diesel Co-op in Fanshawe College or Motive Power Technician - Diesel Equipment and
Truck in Algonquin College all Diploma/Certificate Program.

Please i would like to know if anyone in this forum has experience in the above listed school, Can I fund myself if yes what is the minimum account statement?

I would appreciate you all the gurus response to this inquiring

@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@naijaforeigner
@Lekiboboe

and many others that can help out
Hi Oluomu,

I don't know how cogent your reasons are to go for a DIPLOMA, since u are a Graduate (HND), to show Academic/Career Progression, a Post Graduate Certificate is your best shot.

Cos you going for a Program having a lower qualification would likely raise concerns for a VO (Visa Officer).

Google and check

- PG. Cert, Industrial Automation
Niagara College, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering
Fanshawe College, Ontario

Try & do more esearch on PG. Cert programs related to your Mech. Engineering field

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.