Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155941 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Abuja VFS is open and receiving Passport.

Address to send to is below

Canada visa application centre (VFS)
Sterling bank building, mohammed buhari way, Central Business District . Abuja

Ensure to send return courier(that is 2 way envelope)- The courier company understands this. Advisable to use DHL or UPS.

The Biometric receipt received during biometrics and passport request letter should be included alongside the Original passport.

This is the information i got,please cross check when you visit VFS tomorrow if same information is the expectation,that way we can all learn and act.

heidepaper:
You’re welcome

I’ve seen your email. I’ll reply soon with the consent form.

I was told it’s an international transaction so I can’t just transfer from my mobile app. I need to go to the bank to initiate the transaction. Yes you can use ecobank Nigeria.

I’m going to Abuja vfs tomorrow to check if they’re open and accepting passports. If they’re not, I’ll initiate the Accra move

Cheers

Update: I just sent you the consent form

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
Please is there any fee associated with this? Can you please send the list of documents we need to send with passport.

Tenianu:

Ensure to send return courier(that is 2 way envelope)- The courier company understands this. Advisable to use DHL or UPS.

The Biometric receipt received during biometrics and passport request letter should be included alongside the Original passport.

This is the information i got,please cross check when you visit VFS tomorrow if same information is the expectation,that way we can all learn and act.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
You have to post your full profile so we can understand better and answer you......
What course you want to study, work experience amongst others
Muhammed43:
I want to know my chances ...my mum has an hualage company with about 10 trailers...I’m part of the directors of the company,7 landed property with both mum and dad,investment in the bank like 10 million inflow Nd outflow 100 million,waec 2012,what is my chance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Muhammed43: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It is true that the University of Manitoba is very easy to get without much stress for an undergraduate degree. However, the institution will not offer you a straightforward admission into your choice of program. Generally, you will be given an admission into the University 1 program which will be a prerequisite into your enrollment to your main program. Most times it's a bit dicey to explain to the visa officer about your intent to study and type of program/degree.

With that being said, the University of Regina will grant you a direct admission into a Bachelor's program which gives you the opportunity to be able to explain to the visa officer about your interest in pursuing the program in Canada. To me, this is much more better than a University 1 program. In all, applicants do get approval with it, depending on your explanation to the VO about the prerequisite program.

Please note that the insightful information I share here is based on my first-hand experiences with several institutions both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.

It will end in praise.
good day sir i recently applied for university of regina and i sent all my necessary document .i want to ask how long does u of r use in recieving document., secondly sir im applying for an undergraduate program i finished high school since 2012, am i on a good track sir?,about the document i have,my mum has an haulage company with 10 trucks,im part of the directors of the company,7 landed property, both dad and mom ,but mum is the sponsor,my mums personal account about 10 million, companys account about 5m,because it goes out and come in.what are my chances sir/?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Genevach:

Sorry same thing they did to me, I applied university of Manitoba, try them easy to apply no stress.
has your admission dropped ?? And how long did it take
What program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Muhammed43: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
You have to post your full profile so we can understand better and answer you......
What course you want to study, work experience amongst others
course ;ECONOMICS
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hello Faith243. Pls kindly reply my mail.
Faith243:
Please is there any fee associated with this? Can you please send the list of documents we need to send with passport.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eddykelechianya: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good evening.
Please I need information about studying in Canada.
My wife has Bsc in Accounting(2.1) and she also has Msc in Accounting. can she still apply for another masters in canada? she has 3 years working experience in Accounting and she is still working. I went to Maple Agency and told them about this.. they want her to try Express Entry, but she is scared of writing IELTS but they said if she wants to go for another masters, she can hid her 1st masters.. is this true and can it be possible? Please if she wants to apply for another masters, what course can she apply for, that doesnt require GMAT or GRE, cause we tried checking MBA, but most schools need GMAT or GRE. Please if you have any link that can help me, kindly share with me.
THANKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jenykech: 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
bussibeey:
Any university of Calgary Master's applicant here?
yes. Master of data science and analytics. I’ve not really started applying though. I perused through the website and program and sent their contact email address an email for more international student requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
LordAA:

First time applicant
My timeline is below

Application: 8th September
Biometrics request : 9th September
Medical request : 17th September
AIP: 19th September
Medical passed: 30th September
Biometrics updated: 6 October
Biometrics Validity Letter: 21st October
Passport request: 22nd October

I already resumed classes online for Fall 2020

Document submitted
-All 3 I ME form required
-SOP
- Statement of account
- Affidavit of support
- Letter of sponsorship
- Degree(s) Certificate
- Nysc Certificate
- Letter of recommendation I received from my boss after NYSC
- Letter of support from my thesis supervisor.
- Sponsors land documents as ties to home country
- Sponsors identity card
- Birth certificate and siblings birth certificate.

Tip:
- Avoid putting unnecessary documents.
- Arrange your documents properly.
- Prayer and fasting
- Less sin grin

Thank you everyone in this forum especially;
Frankrobbn1
JustMellow
Naijaforeigner
Lekiboboe

You can ask your question here if you have any. I will respond as soon as possible.

All the best everyone cool

Beautiful. Could you shed more light on your profile. The course you are going for, how much was in your statement of account, how much did you get as support from your supervisor, how much is your tuition. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olowoba2: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Olowoba2,

471 October 14th draw.

All the best

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tenianu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jenykech: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hi guys, I’ve gone through the thread a bit. I want to apply for a masters degree in data science and analytics in a Canadian university. So far I’ve contacted university of Saskatchewan, University of Calgary and Ryerson University and yet to receive a response. I just contacted them between yesterday and today about their requirements for international students. I have a both Bsc and Masters in economics but I want to channel my career towards data science. Please I’ll like to know how to go about the admission processes, affordable schools for such program and if I should include the masters degree in economics I have during my application. Thanks guys

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good evening everyone;

In the spirit of re-application; I have some questions to ask

1. Aside paying my full tuition and submitting an account statement of 9M+, how else can i tackle rejection based on finance?

2. I was delayed because of only financial reason. Is it possible for them to include other reasons for denial after a reapplication? if yes, how can i avoid it?

regards
Nwanyiokpa

Anytime I see your post nwanyiokpa, I pray silently that one day I would see you have finally been approved..
to your question it depends, are you self sponsored or been sponsored? And was there any lump sum deposit?

Yes they can decide to add another reason, so when you are re-applying , still try and tackle the usuals (homes ties,employment,purpose of visit)

Wishing you all the best ma’am..
Godspeed...!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pls I sent you an email.. will be glad to get a response
Luckymama:

Your not having worked before May. The question the VO will be asking is why has your husband suddenly decided to spend such a huge amount on your education?

I am in this situation too, though in my case I have been doing small business but just for pocket money, nothing substantial. I got a refusal and one of the reasons was current employment situation.

You will have to spend some time explaining in your SOP the earning power of your new degree and the job availability in Nigeria once you are done. Your Husband being your only sponsor is actually the best, as long as he has enough funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
Micholo5:
Bosses in the house...
what advice can you give a third class degree holder aspiring for graduate admission.

Boss advice in what area exactly? If you referring to getting an admission? Yes you can get admission boss, but not in masters albeit you can apply for PGD/PGC...

Godspeed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
For someone who studied English for first degree in Nigeria..what course is suitable for masters in the Canada.what are the suitable courses one can go for?Can one study French or any foreign language in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Micholo5(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
Engager69:

Boss advice in what area exactly? If you referring to getting an admission? Yes you can get admission boss, but not in masters albeit you can apply for PGD/PGC...

Godspeed

Thanks, am already looking up PGC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Micholo5(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
Engager69:

Godspeed

Any ideas on schools to look up.. For Human Resources Management Cert.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
You can study languages but you might not be eligible for post graduation work permit, which means you have to leave Canada after your studies
KRTL:
For someone who studied English for first degree in Nigeria..what course is suitable for masters in the Canada.what are the suitable courses one can go for?Can one study French or any foreign language in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Micholo5:

Any ideas on schools to look up.. For Human Resources Management Cert.
A response based on your question has bin made today, the Content in the Link below answers ur question
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/440#95313925
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
JohnErrin:
if I have the amount for my whole studies + 2years Of stay in my account do I still need to show property documents and busniess statements?

Yes boss, they would serve as economic ties to your home country.. remember you could still be refused for lack of home and economic ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
NairaLuck:

Do you mean request for his number?

Omo anyone ooo ... My brain is roasted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
KRTL:
A first degree holder with a minimum of 2.1 in English can do a Masters in the following Programs :

- Journalism
- Linguistics
- Media Studies
- Literary studies
- Expressive Therapies
- Communication
- Composition
- Rhetorics
- Creative writing
- Philosophy
- Literature
- Fiction Writing
- Composition & Communication
- Library & Information Science etc.

Make use of Google to search for skools (DLI) in Canada having this MASTER's Programs, and its likely it will be Thesis-based, so u would need to secure a a Supervisor (Professor) that Majors in the above Programs & Research Areas.

To make it easier for u..

Visit the link below to
Search for UNDERGRADUATE, PGD, MASTERS, PH.D PROGRAMS IN CANADA
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=&program_level_merged=&program_language=ENGLISH

The guide in the link below will help u on Securing a Supervisor etc.

Guides/contents/videos on how to apply for M.SC, Secure a Supervisor & also get possible M.SC/PH.D Funded (Scholarship) Position in Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
sheg105:
Hello House,

Please I am planning to study in Canada for my Masters in Computer Science (University of Manitoba, University of Saskatchewan or Memorial University). I finished my B.Sc in 2015 and since them focus on my business. I own an I.T Company which have been running for 8 years now and its doing really well. in terms of properties: I have a 2 Unit 3 Bedroom Flat Building, My personal house and lands in different location in Nigeria. I am also happily married with a kid(1year old kid). I needed to give this background information so that you can understand my plight. I can also comfortably set aside N20m to N30million for my 2 years stay in canada with my family (wife and a kid).

Here are my questions:

1. Does travelling along with my family (Wife and kid) affect my visa application, since i have to prove that I will return to my country?
2. If you have had success traveling with your family on a student permit, please what are the documents you put together for your visa application.
3. If i decide to go alone and want my wife and kid to join me in like 2 to 3 months, is it possible? if yes, how do i go about it.
4. If my wife should come via visit visa will she be able to convert it to work permit visa and stay with me over there since i have a study permit?
5. Should i go about the travelling process online myself or engage a travel consultant as i have seen a lot of testimonies here?

Thank you so much i will be waiting for your response.

Evening boss.
Reply.

1.it’s always advisable to leave your spouse and kid back, they are your strongest homes ties that can compel you to come back to your home country. They can always join you much later.

3. Yes your wife and kid can always join you when you get to Canada, you just have to show enough financial strength to take care of there stay in Canada.

4. She can come with visitors visa, or a work permit visa.

5. It’s advisable you do it by yourself, most of the agents won’t treat this application diligently the way you would.. I advice you go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading. All you need to apply yourself is in this thread..

All that you seek for a successful study permit is within this thread and the previous ones. Just take out time and start reading..

Godspeed bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:
Please , is a recommendation letter from a clergy man also valid ?

Do IRCC investigate on ones current job?

They almost never do, but it’s not impossible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
You mentioned graduating high school in 2012, if so you have to explain to the Visa Officer your study gap between 2012 and now
Muhammed43:
course ;ECONOMICS
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
NairaLuck:

Exactly what I did when I applied

It’s a great hack @Nairaluck... I did not even discover this on my own application, discovered this when I was helping a friend out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beulahmoyo: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hello House,

Please gurus in the house help a sister out.

I have been following this thread for awhile now, please I need help.

I recently received a refusal letter based on "purpose of visit". Oct 21. (With 4 pages sop very detailed)
Take note this is my 4th refusal after one canada agent man at ikeja swindled me abt 1.5m without doing anything, so I decided to do it myself after I ordered my caips note and discovered that all my study plan has always been "poorly documented"

I applied Sept 23 for SP, for MBA at University of canada west, paid one year tuition.
Have B.sc in chemistry but I have been working as an administrative position/HR in a private firm for about 7years.

I started this journey 2017.
My first 3 refusal was for human resources management at Georgian college. 14months graduate certificate course. I'm 33 years old now, I'm married with a child of about 3years.

The program I'm going for now is MBA for 2years and a foundation course of 3 months.

Please ask me all the other information you require.

Please help a sister here
@frankrobbn1 and all other gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Smilingvicky(f): 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
@Justmellow how do I access the Canadian Student Visa 7 thread please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
Smilingvicky:
@Justmellow how do I access the Canadian Student Visa 7 thread please
I guess it was referred to as TRAVELLING TO CANADA back then

Do Visit the Link below
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
Source is from a friend who contacted VFS office.Please cross check when you visit tomorrow.

heidepaper:
Thank you so much. Very useful. Please what’s the source of this information? Also do you know if we are meant to pay any fees as with Accra? I’ll still cross check tomorrow, I’m asking just incase the gate men don’t know much, because I won’t be let in, since I don’t have an appointment for biometrics. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.