Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156396 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Non yet @rebecca
Though my DLI is not yet on the Covid-19 readiness plan list, don't know if that might be a factor for the delay

Psychologically the delay is draining.

Though let's hope between now and first week of NOVEMBER an update will pop in..
It will end in Praises...

By the way,
Do you feel its gonna be a good idea to send a Webform & Email to IRCC, Nairobi for Application Enquiry? cos the distance in between May/June till now is damn long, whereas some applicants who applied August , September, have gotten BVL/PPR..

Probably this is where that statement
No Two Application is the same Comes in

Isn't God wonderful cheesy

Plus heideger and his passport request posts grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2020
Tohbieee:
Hi,

Please anyone using GTbank. How do you generate your bank statement? Do you go through the option of 'send to embassy' or you download the pdf.

Thank you.
Hi Tohbieee,

See this video

Sample made using GTBANK ONLINE to request MyBank Statement Ticket
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/628#88660065

Also check out this content,
Mybank Statement Ticket option to send bank statement to embassy (GTBank)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88884196
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 30, 2020
Thank you.

Lekiboboe:

Hi Tohbieee,

See this video

Sample made using GTBANK ONLINE to request MyBank Statement Ticket
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/628#88660065

Also check out this content,
Mybank Statement Ticket option to send bank statement to embassy (GTBank)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88884196

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Non yet @rebecca
Though my DLI is not yet on the Covid-19 readiness plan list, don't know if that might be a factor for the delay

Psychologically the delay is draining.

Though let's hope between now and first week of NOVEMBER an update will pop in..
It will end in Praises...

By the way,
Do you feel its gonna be a good idea to send a Webform & Email to IRCC, Nairobi for Application Enquiry? cos the distance in between May/June till now is damn long, whereas some applicants who applied August , September, have gotten BVL/PPR..

Probably this is where that statement
No Two Application is the same Comes in

Isn't God wonderful cheesy

My school is on the list and nothing yet and I know others who got it and their schools are not on the list. My friend who's going to a Western got his PPR and that school is not on the list. I don't think this is a serious factor.

IRCC sure knows how to mess with our minds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2020
rebecausoro:

My school is on the list and nothing yet and I know others who got it and their schools are not on the list. My friend who's going to a Western got his PPR and that school is not on the list. I don't think this is a serious factor.

IRCC sure knows how to mess with our minds.
This is serious ooo...

And in your own scenario, you have started classes alrdy.

Make IRCC do normal ooo...

Between Now & November 9, if there is no update,
I think a Webform & Email to IRCC Nairobi for Application Inquiry will be essential or what do u feel about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ome102595: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2020
Hello house,
Please is there anyone that has gotten BVL/PPR at is attending Alonquin college this fall 2020( ie that has started online class)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
rebecausoro:

I know someone going to MUN who got PPR today. He got his AIP same day we did and he applied in June o. Fingers crossed that next week will be better. I'm tired.
AMEN, hopefully next week will birth new UPDATES (BVL-> PPR)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

This is serious ooo...

And in your own scenario, you have started classes alrdy.

Make IRCC do normal ooo...

Between Now & November 9, if there is no update,
I think a Webform & Email to IRCC Nairobi for Application Inquiry will be essential or what do u feel about this?

Those guys don't reply webforms and emails but you can send. They are very irresponsible as far as things go. Sometimes they'll send a very annoying generic response. You can try you luck and see if they do reply. I sent them over 4 webforms and none was replied. Only one email was replied with a general response on Covid 19 blablabla issues.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
Does canada give updates over the weekend or its just weekdays only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
PPR Alert! Long post alert!

I got my PPR this morning! All glory be to God!

Timeline
Submission: 5th July 2020
Medical request: 25th July 2020 (I did upfront medicals)
AIP: 6th August 2020
Medical passed: 30th September 2020
Submission of an outstanding document: 28th October 2020
BVL: 29th October 2020
PPR: 30th October 2020

I just feel like sharing this. Maybe someone will feel encouraged.

This journey started in 2018 and I have had failures and victories. In the end, all things have worked for my good.
August 2018: Got admission into Uottawa with funding of $18,000. Resumption was in September, I felt it was too late to apply for a study permit and the funds were not sufficient. The school does not accept deferrals so admission was cancelled and I reapplied.
November 2018: I applied for funding through my employer from the federal government.
December 2018: My admission letter from Uottawa arrived, with $9000 funding. Miraculously, it arrived the very day the government's funding agency requested for it.
Sometime between June and July 2019: I was told an embargo had been placed on the government's scholarship till further notice. My family and I prayed.
August 2019: Embargo was lifted.
September 2019: My admission at Uottawa was cancelled because I could not register on the last day of registration.
October 2019: My scholarship from the government arrived. Obviously, it was too late to do anything. They have a principle that scholarship recipients must not change their institution, otherwise, the scholarship will be cancelled.
Unfortunately, my supervisor at Uottawa was relocating to Australia so I had to find a new supervisor. I wrote to a lot of Professors, I changed my research to suit their individual research interests. About three showed interest but, one by one, they wrote back to me that they were no longer interested. Please note, I wrote to them at different times, and I waited for a while before asking another person. At that point, Uottawa was no longer possible.
I decided to apply to other schools.
As far back as 2017, I had noticed UBC. On their admission requirement, they requested for GRE. I was not interested in writing GRE so I never applied. This time around I decided to send an email to the school to ask whether GRE was compulsory. I did and they said, it can be waived and it was not compulsory for everyone. So I did my Masters in UK and graduated with Distinction so it was waived.

February 2020: Eventually, I gained admission into UBC with minimum funding and other scholarships. My plan was to travel with my kids so I still needed more funds. Although I was told that change of institution was going disastrous, I had no choice. I wrote to the governmental agency and asked for a change of institution.

Coronavirus pandemic interfered

July 2020: I still didn't have a letter from the government's agency. My husband and I prayed and we felt led to apply without an updated letter from the agency. The immigration at my school advised against it, they suggested I went for the letter (logically, they were right). My husband and I believed it was the right time to apply. I applied for my kids and I.

October 24th: My letter from the government's funding agency arrived after 8 months. Imagine what would have happened if I waited for them. Hmm

October 28th: Sent the letter via webform to Nairobi

October 29th: BVL arrived
October 30th: PPR arrived.

I fasted for every day till 12 noon from May to September. Prayed!

I am not sharing this to mock anyone who was rejected. From the story, its obvious I have had my fair share of rejections. I was rejected by UToronto and UCalgary too! I prayed then too. It was a learning experience for me. I am sharing this to encourage anyone who has faced rejection and uncertainties in this journey. Hold on! I felt like giving up many times and settle for a PhD here in Nigeria despite the obvious challenges. It was an easier option. But God had a plan for me, and He fulfilled it in His time.

Have faith in God! He never disappoints His children!

By the way, this is a summary of the experience!

Documents
The necessary IMM forms for my kids and I
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Letter of explanation (In my proof of funds, I included a letter of explanation specifically to explain the situation with my scholarships and other things related to funds that I felt needed explanation. For each explanation, I listed the documents to support it.)
Bank statements
Letter of introduction from bank
Scholarship letter from my school
Scholarship letter from the government's agency (stating University of Ottawa)
Letter of attestation from my employer stating that my updated scholarship award letter will eventually be released.
Emails sent to the government agency
Payslips
Employment letter
Letter of introduction from my university

Letter of explanation
Statement of purpose (A post from Goingforward and other guides from my school were very helpful)
CV
Transcripts and certificates
Pictures of my family and I
My father's pension statement, promotion letter, ID card
My husband's employment letter, admission letter to a school in Nigeria, CAC registration, picture of his farm
Evidence that the PhD is a requirement to be Senior Lecturer (to show job progression)
Land properties of my father, husband and I

For home ties: I organised it into three sections; Financial, Family and Job.
I had quite a number of documents so I put a lot of effort into the organisation. I made sure every document was serving a specific purpose.

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records
Evidence of being on the waitlist of daycare in Canada

Huge thanks to everyone for making this community alive.

Advice:
1. Pray. God hears. It is important we hear when He speaks too.
2. Be sincere. (Someone here once advised on appealing to the emotions of the VO. I think its good but it should be realistic. At the end of my SOP, I wrote that my scholarships were my only hope and if I rejected, that is the end of the dream)
3. Organise your work. Use a table of content.
4. Read through your work to detect areas of your application that may raise doubts for the VO. Try to be as objective as possible. Give it to others to read for you. If your school has an immigration service, use them well.
5. Take time to prepare your application. Don't rush. Take your time.

These are my thoughts. I am not a guru.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
I received BVL yesterday from China. This morning, PPR dropped. All thanks to Jesus!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
Double wahala for we wey apply for May and Deferred our class to Fall 2021.
E be things.
Canada aff mercy oooo! I am too young to get High BP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2020
Adunola20:

Timeline

This journey started in 2018 and I have had failures and victories. In the end, all things have worked for my good.
August 2018: Got admission into Uottawa with funding of $18,000. Resumption was in September, I felt it was too late to apply for a study permit and the funds were not sufficient. The school does not accept deferrals so admission was cancelled and I reapplied.
November 2018: I applied for funding through my employer from the federal government.
December 2018: My admission letter from Uottawa arrived, with $9000 funding. Miraculously, it arrived the very day the government's funding agency requested for it.
Sometime between June and July 2019: I was told an embargo had been placed on the government's scholarship till further notice. My family and I prayed.
September 2019: My admission at Uottawa was cancelled because I could not register on the last day of registration.
October 2019: My scholarship from the government arrived. Obviously, it was too late to do anything. They have a principle that scholarship recipients must not change their institution, otherwise, the scholarship will be cancelled.
Unfortunately, my supervisor at Uottawa was relocating to Australia so I had to find a new supervisor. I wrote to a lot of Professors, I changed my research to suit their individual research interests. About three showed interest but, one by one, they wrote back to me that they were no longer interested. Please note, I wrote to them at different times, and I waited for a while before asking another person. At that point, Uottawa was no longer possible.
As far back as 2017, I had noticed UBC. On their admission requirement, they requested for GRE. I was not interested in writing GRE so I never applied. This time around I decided to send an email to the school to ask whether GRE was compulsory. I did and they said, it can be waived and it was not compulsory for everyone. So I did my Masters in UK and graduated with Distinction so it was waived.

February 2020: Eventually, I gained admission into UBC with minimum funding and other scholarships. My plan was to travel with my kids so I still needed more funds. Although I was told that change of institution was going disastrous, I had no choice. I wrote to the governmental agency and asked for a change of institution.

July 2020: I still didn't have a letter from the government's agency. My husband and I prayed and we felt led to apply without an updated letter from the agency. The immigration at my school advised against it, they suggested I went for the letter (logically, they were right). My husband and I believed it was the right time to apply. I applied for my kids and I.

October 24th: My letter from the government's funding agency arrived after 8 months. Imagine what would have happened if I waited for them. Hmm

I am not sharing this to mock anyone who was rejected. From the story, its obvious I have had my fair share of rejections. I was rejected by UToronto and UCalgary too! I prayed then too. It was a learning experience for me. I am sharing this to encourage anyone who has faced rejection and uncertainties in this journey. Hold on! I felt like giving up many times and settle for a PhD here in Nigeria despite the obvious challenges. It was an easier option. But God had a plan for me, and He fulfilled it in His time.

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Letter of explanation (In my proof of funds, I included a letter of explanation specifically to explain the situation with my scholarships and other things related to funds that I felt needed explanation. For each explanation, I listed the documents to support it.)
Bank statements
Letter of attestation from my employer stating that my updated scholarship award letter will eventually be released.
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
Statement of purpose (A post from Goingforward and other guides from my school were very helpful)
CV
My husband's employment letter, admission letter to a school in Nigeria, CAC registration, picture of his farm
Evidence that the PhD is a requirement to be Senior Lecturer (to show job progression)

I had quite a number of documents so I put a lot of effort into the organisation. I made sure every document was serving a specific purpose.

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:
2. Be sincere. (Someone here once advised on appealing to the emotions of the VO. I think its good but it should be realistic. At the end of my SOP, I wrote that my scholarships were my only hope and if I rejected, that is the end of the dream)
4. Read through your work to detect areas of your application that may raise doubts for the VO. Try to be as objective as possible. Give it to others to read for you. If your school has an immigration service, use them well.

In MI Abaga's Voice To God be the Glory for your Story

Congratulations Adunola, Go ye and do exploitz in MAPLE LAND

BTW,
what is the address of the IRCC office in ur BVL & PPR mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
Congratulations maam,

More good news like this (from me too soon)
Adunola20:

Timeline

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Bank statements
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
CV

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
Canhopeful:
I received BVL yesterday from China. This morning, PPR dropped. All thanks to Jesus!
Congratulations Canhopeful, ur moniker is a reflection of your testimony wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lekiboboe:

In MI Abaga's Voice To God be the Glory for your Story

Congratulations Adunola, Go ye and do exploitz in MAPLE LAND

BTW,
what is the address of the IRCC office in ur BVL & PPR mail?
China

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Yes , NBCC offers advanced diploma and not PGD.
Lekiboboe:

Nope they are not

Advanced Diploma is lower to PGD/PGC..

A B.SC holder with 2.2 or an HND holder is to go for a PGD/PGC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
Adunola20:

Timeline

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Bank statements
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
CV

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:

Wow. Glory be to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:
Yes , NBCC offers advanced diploma and not PGD.
Have u seen this @Oreoluwa?

https://nbcc.ca/programs-courses/post-graduate-programs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Please, I have a question.

My PPR was for my application alone. Should I still be expecting for my kids separately?

Was wondering if I should include my kids' passport as well?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
Good day everybody,

Am trying to book an upfront medical . Sent mail to IOM and Qlife. They both responded today that the earliest possible date is November 19th, and I should reply with some documents to secure my space .

But have already successfully booked an appointment online with IOM Ikeja for November 4th 10:00am

I don’t know which one is valid now cause I don’t understand them.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
Waoh... Congratulations ma,,, all glory to God for this wonderful testimony... God never fails... Am happy for you

Adunola20:

Timeline

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Bank statements
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
CV

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adiekwe1: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2020
Glory be to God Almighty.

10 months and 10 days application. It's PPR guys!!

I will share my profile shortly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
No vex Oga Legacyedition,

I go delete my account go rest. No more assisting smiley

Legacyedition:

Plus heideger and his passport request posts grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
heidepaper:
No vex Oga Legacyedition,

I go delete my account go rest. No more assisting smiley

Lol
No mind am.
Abeg and update from VFS? Na you be our forerunner o grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Adunola20:

Timeline

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Bank statements
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
CV

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:

Please madam about the bolded how did you proof that? I really need it too

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marh: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marh: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Gunbi:
University of Calgary. MEng in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Hello Gunbi,
Can you pls send a PM to me, I am actually going for same program with same start date.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by atiteb4: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
Adiekwe1:
Glory be to God Almighty.

10 months and 10 days application. It's PPR guys!!

I will share my profile shortly.
congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Marh: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
Adunola20:

Timeline

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Bank statements
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
CV

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:

Congratulations @adunola20.

Please did you also receive a PPR for your kids?
I got PPR but my child is yet to receive his.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Adunola20:

Timeline

Documents
Proof of funds:
Table of content
Bank statements
Payslips
Employment letter

Letter of explanation
CV

Children
Birth cert
School records
Immunization records

Advice:

Congratulations �❣️❣️

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Marh:

Congratulations @adunola20.

Please did you also receive a PPR for your kids?
I got PPR but my child is yet to receive his.

Thank you. No. That's why I asked the question above.
Have you sent your passport? When did you receive your PPR?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.