Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156050 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2020
Ysakaws1:
I started my application with an agent. I gave him half payment, and he got me an admission. I am currently facing some issues with him, so I do not want him to continue with the processing. I intend to continue the processing myself now with the help of the gurus here. The agent sent me only the attached LOA to my email. I want to confirm if that’s the only thing I need from the school(or my agent) to be able to apply for the study permit myself. I am aware one of the necessary documents needed to apply for study permit is an official LOA with the school’s letterhead and everything. Is the attached LOA what they mean by official LOA?? Basically, my question is with the attached LOA, would it be possible to ditch my agent and continue the processing myself? I do not have the email and password he used to apply for the admission. Would that be a problem now or in the future?

yes it’ll be a problem
ask him for the email and password,because that’s the email that your school will use in all future correspondence with you.
you must have access to it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2020
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

To God be the glory GREAT THING HE HAS DONE cheesy

PPR (Original Passport Request) just dropped!!!!!!!!!

Would share my Application History & other details later

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

congratulations bro you did it God bless your new journey

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2020
SKEPTA:
CONGRATULATIONS BROOO!
soon skepta soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:39am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Congrats Lekiboboe. You deserve it 100%. Canada assurance cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Tonyodg2:
soon skepta soon

Amen bro

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BROOO!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2020
Sleekigboguy:
Goodmorning guys,

Please my medical exam is not reflecting on my application dashboard and my designated hospital is claiming they have sent it to IRCC.. please i want to know how i can go about rectifying and also how i can send additional docs myself directly to IRCC.

Please its urgent. Thanks
It's normal, kindly exercise patience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:52am On Nov 04, 2020
Dampops:
PPR just dropped. Details later. It’s for my daughter though. Undergrad
Wow congratulations ❣️
That means the initial PPR was for you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 7:52am On Nov 04, 2020
PPR just dropped guys!

I am super elated!

Thanks so much to everyone on this platform that has been a source of inspiration and motivation: from those of you who shared your success stories, refusals to those who always answered questions.

I started following this thread last year and because of all the information here, I never needed an agent and was never confused about the whole process.

Below is my timeline. I hope it inspires someone.

First time applicant.
Applied: March 29th 2020, online.
Biometric request: March 30th
AIP: August 6th
Biometrics: August 25th (Covid hence the delay in biometrics)
Upfront medical: August 25th
Medical Request: August 27th

I sent a webform with my upfront medical done a day before the request. (I was going to travel to Abuja for Biometrics and I didn't want to travel twice, hence I did my upfront medical on the day of my biometrics. Lucky me, medical request came the next day)

September, October.... silence.

Then I saw a suggestion here about sending webforms to China and Nairobi.

I sent my webforms November 3rd at 12midnight to Beijing and Nairobi.

3 hours later, I got BVL.
November 4th (just now) PPR dropped!
I applied alone.
I used my husband and kids as hometies.

School: Centennial College.
Course: International Business Management (postgraduate)
My first degree is English, 2.1 but I run my own business, so in my SOP, I talked a lot about my business and how I chose the course to help me improve my business skills, so I can grow my business when I return.

Document Submitted:
3 page sop
Statement of result/certificate
Admission letter
Police clearance
First semester school fees receipt
My business CAC documents
2 photos of my business
My personal bank statement, business bank statement and hubby's bank statement. (I wrote that we were both going to split the cost of my studies and living expenses)

God indeed answers prayers. Thank God for his mercies. But you also need to get all the right documents.

Avoid lying in your application because their records are forever and your memory might fail. I was denied US visa in the past and I stated it.

I also have an active EE profile.

If you are just starting this Canada journey, read from the beginning of the thread and you would get all the info you need and you can save that agency fee.

I waited 8months to get the approval.

I hope this my long love letter helps someone.

Don't give up on the Canadian dream, even if you have been denied before.

Do it for your generation.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:54am On Nov 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Indeed it's our month of PRAISE

Congratulations ❣️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2020
Jesusrules24:
PPR just dropped guys!

I am super elated!

Thanks so much to everyone on this platform that has been a source of inspiration and motivation: from those of you who shared your success stories, refusals to those who always answered questions.

I started following this thread last year and because of all the information here, I never needed an agent and was never confused about the whole process.

Below is my timeline. I hope it inspires someone.

First time applicant.
Applied: March 29th 2020, online.
Biometric request: March 30th
AIP: August 6th
Biometrics: August 25th (Covid hence the delay in biometrics)
Upfront medical: August 25th
Medical Request: August 27th

I sent a webform with my upfront medical done a day before the request. (I was going to travel to Abuja for Biometrics and I didn't want to travel twice, hence I did my upfront medical on the day of my biometrics. Lucky me, medical request came the next day)

September, October.... silence.

Then I saw a suggestion here about sending webforms to China and Nairobi.

I sent my webforms November 3rd at 12midnight to Beijing and Nairobi.

3 hours later, I got BVL.
November 4th (just now) PPR dropped!
I applied alone.
I used my husband and kids as hometies.

School: Centennial College.
Course: International Business Management (postgraduate)
My first degree is English, 2.1 but I run my own business, so in my SOP, I talked a lot about my business and how I chose the course to help me improve my business skills, so I can grow my business when I return.

Document Submitted:
3 page sop
Statement of result/certificate
Admission letter
Police clearance
First semester school fees receipt
My business CAC documents
2 photos of my business
My personal bank statement, business bank statement and hubby's bank statement. (I wrote that we were both going to split the cost of my studies and living expenses)

God indeed answers prayers. Thank God for his mercies. But you also need to get all the right documents.

Avoid lying in your application because their records are forever and your memory might fail. I was denied US visa in the past and I stated it.

I also have an active EE profile.

If you are just starting this Canada journey, read from the beginning of the thread and you would get all the info you need and you can save that agency fee.

I waited 8months to get the approval.

I hope this my long love letter helps someone.

Don't give up on the Canadian dream, even if you have been denied before.

Do it for your generation.

Congratulations ❣️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2020
PPR JUST DROPPED grin[b][/b]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 8:01am On Nov 04, 2020
Guys rejoice with me smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley PPR just dropped. It ended in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kobi2: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

hello. please how much was left in your sponsor's account after tuition payment?

i was rejected based on finance. i am gathering clues.

Thanks in anticipation

He used he's business account and not personal account so it was quite alot
Sorry to the late reply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 8:20am On Nov 04, 2020
Lanrelala:
I called VFS and got the following info:
If the application is your first and you are submitting passport to the same centre where your biometric was collected, you should not pay for transmission. Only pay for a one way courier and add the necessary documents.

If it's your second or third application, you are to pay transmission fee, even if you had your biometric in the centre where you're sending the passport to.

URGENT QUESTION!

It is my second application, I submitted my passport to same VAC where I did my biometrics. But I was not çlear on this Transmission fee pàymeñt and so I didn't pay for it.

Since this info suggests that I should pay it, how do I do that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:43am On Nov 04, 2020
JustMellow:

If dem give you chance nah wheelbarrow you go take dey carry bible go church till dem give you visa grin

Bros! Calm down.
Ha bros no be lie ooo, grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2020
massive PPR @nairaland forum.
it will end in praise always.
I'm happy for y'all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olabisi6438(f): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2020
massive PPR @nairaland forum.
it will end in praise always.
I'm happy for y'all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Adeenzo,

Have you received AIP?! I can see you applied before Sept 15. You should try to focus, as you're still within the PT. If you have gotten AIP, you many want to go do an upfront medical and maybe request for your GCMS notes. You may likely get a response before Dec.

All the best
Hello justmellow,

I am yet to get AIP but I have booked for my medicals for the 20th of nov. Hopefully before that date I would have received my med request and AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tommm: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hi I saw that.

My enquiry is regarding the slip.

I no longer have the slip issued to me when I did my biometrics about three years ago. So am asking if I can attach my bvl instead of the slip.

Thank you.

I also have this issue! Please what can be done about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 8:54am On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations

Lekiboboe:
BVL (Correspondence Letter) just dropped Now !!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Guys rejoice with me smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley PPR just dropped. It ended in praise

Congratulations! Pls, what is in the 'other' after the passport request?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2020
It is just about the Nigerian VAC not accepting passports from individuals you have to use DHL

Canhopeful:

Congratulations! Pls, what is in the 'other' after the passport request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaykaykay1: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations to everyone that got PPR on this forum. Please has anyone who got PPR for their study permit gotten for their kids or spouse that they applied together.
Lekiboboe:
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Businessmovemen: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Good morning guys
Please I need your advice,am a bit confused on what to do
I applied for post graduate studies which is to start in January 2021.
Am yet to submit my visa application, as there were some constraint.

1. Do you think there is any need to apply now for a study permit or should get the school to defer my admission to a later date which after speaking to the school can be done as from November 16th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Good then, since you already created a rapport with the school you could have a chance, just give it a trial.

Ysakaws1:

Since I have the student ID number and I can prove beyond reasonable doubt that I am the applicant that got the admission, don’t you think I can mail the school requesting for change of email and password, and submitting my international passport and credentials as proof that I’m the genuine applicant? Let me give you a scenario that makes me feel this should be possible. My agent got a 2020 admission and I told him to defer to 2021. He said that would only be possible if I pay my tuition, and that the other option I have is for him to apply again, but I would have to pay a little more. I later decided to mail the school myself that I want my admission deferred without paying my fees. They responded to me and gave me a new letter of acceptance for 2021 admission. I am still confused on how this was possible, but that was how I got this new 2021 admission, without involving my agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2020
Kaykaykay1:
Congratulations to everyone that got PPR on this forum. Please has anyone who got PPR for their study permit gotten for their kids or spouse that they applied together.

Thanks for asking this question. I have the same experience. My PPR came without any update for my spouse.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 9:21am On Nov 04, 2020
Hello please, where can I access the VFS consent forms? (I'm seeing so many things on google I don't know which is right) Please can someone that submitted passport to the Lagos VFS put me through the steps followed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2020
Congrats Hon Lekiboboe

There are a lot of us that your contribution here have helped directly or indirectly. God bless you.

Maple Land will be pleased to have you. Go explore!!!

Lekiboboe:
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2020
Hi all, good morning.

Please if you applied for study permit between first week of October and now, lets connect and keep ourselves informed. I applied on the 4th of oct and did biometrics on the 19th which was uploaded same day, but my eligibility review has not started. I am really bothered about this and just want to know if I am alone in this or it is just the normal timeline being followed...

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53