Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159831 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2020
Ayobami2001:
I’m heading for a grad diploma

Nice!!, you just gave me a bit of hope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owenizes(m): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2020
NairaLuck:

Hello, before the gurus come, from wat I know, having a sibling in Canada ( both PR/Citizen) doesn't in anyway influence your visa outcome. In most cases, having a sibling somehow raises suspicion on your true intent, whether study or immigration. You may get refusal based on time to Canada and maybe compelled to remain in Canada due to its incentives.
Having a sibling who's a PR/Citizen only adds points in EE.
On your refusals, kindly order for GCMS note to know exactly what you need to tackle, and know that the difficulty level of getting a SP in 2014 and now isn't the same.
So double up and present your application well.

Lastly, kindly read through this thread to get all the hacks you may need.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
Heard you're to make the 7,430 transmission fee also if it isn't your first application, even if it's the same centre that collected your biometrics you're sending passport to.... Kindly confirm if it's genuine please.
Chocs:
Hello Tiarazz10010,

If there’s any problem with it, they’ll contact you.
But the requirement for submission as stated by vfs is below: You can just get them ready incase you are contacted, you’ll just go ahead and submit.

VFS requirement for passport submission after PPR
International passport,
Vfs consent form (2 copies),
Passport request letter including all the requirements stated in the letter
2 copies of passport data page,
Slip that was issued after biometric enrollment (no passport transmission fee required)
Your contact information, including your email address and phone number.

You are to make payment of N7,430 for passport transmission if you did not do your biometric at the same application centre where you want to send in your passport (including applicants below 14 and above 80 years of age) and an optional sms fee of N760.
The Account name and number : CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839 ) Sterling Bank.
After the process is completed from the Embassy, you will be contacted on how to make payment for the VFS in-house courier delivery process for passport return.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adwal2020: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello Ayobami2001,

This is not the slip. What you attached is a Biometric validity letter.

The slip you are to mail with your passport is the long yellowish colour slip that was given to you when you did your biometric.
Attached is a sample for your info.
Thanks

Ayobami2001:
I appreciate the feedback.

Please which of the attached pictures is the Biometrics confirmation slip to be included when dispatching ones passport to VFS?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
Yes, that is correct. You pay this in addition to the Courier fee and an optional insurance fee.

Pimp04:
Heard you're to make the 7,430 transmission fee also if it isn't your first application, even if it's the same centre that collected your biometrics you're sending passport to.... Kindly confirm if it's genuine please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello house,

Pls must a student have a sponsor? Everyone here seems to have one sponsor or the other. Doesn't self sponsoring work for study visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2020
Ayobami2001:
I appreciate the feedback.

Please which of the attached pictures is the Biometrics confirmation slip to be included when dispatching ones passport to VFS?

Hi Ayobami,

Your biometric confirmation slip is a long slip given to you when you went for your biometrics, see sample picture on this page 495 in @adwal2020: response to you.

Congrats again and all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
brovaSketch:
Hello house,

Pls must a student have a sponsor? Everyone here seems to have one sponsor or the other. Doesn't self sponsoring work for study visa?
it definitely works if you have the funds! And can cover your home ties well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2020
What if it is your first application and you are submitting same place you did your biometrics? Will you still be paying for transmission fees? Can you take your passport yourself to VFS or you still have to courier it there via DHL (I reside in Ajah which isnt too far from VFS so wondering why I would still want to courier my passport). Yet to receive PPR but just want to have the information handy. Make I be like Rebeca, ready on arrival. He He

Akannitommy:
Yes, that is correct. You pay this in addition to the Courier fee and an optional insurance fee.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello Pimp04

That’s correct.

Pimp04:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello Tiarazz10010,

Unfortunately I can’t view this file. Send me a private message and I’ll forward the form to you.

Best wishes
[quote author=Tiarazz10010 post=95776494][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Benbooms(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello everyone, pls I am quite new on this platform. I intend to apply for a Canadian student visa but I have no single idea of how to go about it.

I have been reading trends here and there but I need a guide from the very first step to the last pls.

Can anyone assist in this regard pls Biko help a brother ooooo

I anticipate your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
NairaLuck:

Hello, before the gurus come, from wat I know, having a sibling in Canada ( both PR/Citizen) doesn't in anyway influence your visa outcome. In most cases, having a sibling somehow raises suspicion on your true intent, whether study or immigration. You may get refusal based on time to Canada and maybe compelled to remain in Canada due to its incentives.
Having a sibling who's a PR/Citizen only adds points in EE.
On your refusals, kindly order for GCMS note to know exactly what you need to tackle, and know that the difficulty level of getting a SP in 2014 and now isn't the same.
So double up and present your application well.

Lastly, kindly read through this thread to get all the hacks you may need.

Hello Nairaluck, thanks for the enlightenment, mine is somewhat similar, all my elder siblings (3) where born in Canada (automatically they are citizens) and my mom too is a citizen of Canada, only myself and my dad are Nigerians.
I have previously been to Canada and I didn’t overstay. Do you think this can sway the VO into thinking my traveling down isn’t genuine as my family ties to Nigeria is bleak. I am not married and have no kids, I currently do work as an IT systems administrator in a fintech company (past 3 years) and I am going for a diploma in electronics engineering at Northern Alberta Institute of technology (NAIT)...
Applied on the 7th of September and still yet to get any feedback from IRCC,
Any advise for me would be awesome. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Eilenora:
What if it is your first application and you are submitting same place you did your biometrics? Will you still be paying for transmission fees? Can you take your passport yourself to VFS or you still have to courier it there via DHL (I reside in Ajah which isnt too far from VFS so wondering why I would still want to courier my passport). Yet to receive PPR but just want to have the information handy. Make I be like Rebeca, ready on arrival. He He

I don't think transmission fee applies to first timers submitting to same center where they did biometrics.

As for mode of submission...

They want as little physical contact as possible.

It's a measure necessitated by covid-19 outbreak not about proximity.

Even if you reside nextdoor, you cannot submit in person.

You'll send it by parcel service.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 6:19pm On Nov 07, 2020
You have to first apply and gain admission from a university or college in Canada.
Then you apply for a study visa
Benbooms:
Hello everyone, pls I am quite new on this platform. I intend to apply for a Canadian student visa but I have no single idea of how to go about it.

I have been reading trends here and there but I need a guide from the very first step to the last pls.

Can anyone assist in this regard pls Biko help a brother ooooo

I anticipate your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
Please is there any way one can confirm from vfs if they received the passport sent. Although, I tracked it on the courier website and it says delivered. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello house,
Please who has experience with Western Union Global Pay for tuition fee payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
UBCcookies:
Please is there any way one can confirm from vfs if they received the passport sent. Although, I tracked it on the courier website and it says delivered. Thanks

You'll receive an email from VFS Global with a tracking ID. Just be patient till Monday for that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
Call them on 08150199900 or chat with them via their website chat platform. They will need your full name and date of birth.

UBCcookies:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rico1278: 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
Is $20k enough for masters in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nutrieyesK: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hello everyone,

It's good to be here. Please i'm new to this platform. I need guidance on this please!

Will submitting an application for Provincial Nominee Program endanger my application for student visa to Canada for studies?
What are the implications? I was about to submit my PNP application form but taught it wise to ask because i will also be putting in an application for my student visa? Can i do both? A colleague has advised me to go ahead while another says it might jeopardize my chances for student visa?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AyoitsMub(m): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2020
brovaSketch:
Hello house,

Of course there is an option to self sponsor. You have to show financial proof for all the expenses during the total length of your proposed study.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
adeenzo:

Hello Nairaluck, thanks for the enlightenment, mine is somewhat similar, all my elder siblings (3) where born in Canada (automatically they are citizens) and my mom too is a citizen of Canada, only myself and my dad are Nigerians.
I have previously been to Canada and I didn’t overstay. Do you think this can sway the VO into thinking my traveling down isn’t genuine as my family ties to Nigeria is bleak. I am not married and have no kids, I currently do work as an IT systems administrator in a fintech company (past 3 years) and I am going for a diploma in electronics engineering at Northern Alberta Institute of technology (NAIT)...
Applied on the 7th of September and still yet to get any feedback from IRCC,
Any advise for me would be awesome. Thanks
Nice profile, having a valid visit visa which you stuck to the terms and returned when due is an advantage.
However, other factors include POF Documentation and WELL PATTERNED AND COMPREHENSIVE SOP, even though they have a valid status still work on ties to home country

There's a guide to a good SOP about 3 or 4 pages back.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
AyoitsMub:

Of course there is an option to self sponsor. You have to show financial proof for all the expenses during the total length of your proposed study.
In addition, he has to show a valid proof of steady income which might require alot of DATED authentic, verifiable documentations.
Think twice before doing it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nomsy33(f): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2020
NairaLuck:

In addition, he has to show a valid proof of steady income which might require alot of DATED authentic, verifiable documentations.
Think twice before doing it
@Nairaluck please can you reply your mail I have some personal questions to ask.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2020
NairaLuck:

Nice profile, having a valid visit visa which you stuck to the terms and returned when due is an advantage.
However, other factors include POF Documentation and WELL PATTERNED AND COMPREHENSIVE SOP, even though they have a valid status still work on ties to home country

There's a guide to a good SOP about 3 or 4 pages back.
All the best.

Thanks nairaluck... I actually drafted a good SOP but I made a one typo blunder and it still haunts me, instead of the sentence “Their curriculum” I wrote “a their curriculum” bro when I found out I almost shit my pants lol..
but as for my tuition, I have paid the first year tuition fully, my LE has been in my mother’s royal bank of Canada account.. and my sister’s husband (Who is a native Canadian) wrote a letter of guardianship on my behalf... I don’t have a single tie to Nigeria... lol
It will end in praise for us all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
Slightly, depending on your school fees. Getting more, if possible, would do you more good
Rico1278:
Is $20k enough for masters in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nutrieyesK: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
nutrieyesK:
Hello everyone,

It's good to be here. Please i'm new to this platform. I need guidance on this please!

Will submitting an application for Provincial Nominee Program endanger my application for student visa to Canada for studies?
What are the implications? I was about to submit my PNP application form but taught it wise to ask because i will also be putting in an application for my student visa? Can i do both? A colleague has advised me to go ahead while another says it might jeopardize my chances for student visa?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Ehn! Can you translate the ending part cheesy I be Bini Man

Hahahaha.... Oba topeee eee cheesy

In South-Western Nigerian Language (Yoruba) that means Two Hands for one person grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
Amylove19:
Hello all, please I need a candid advice from experienced people here. I've been an early years teacher for 7 years. I have a BSc in psychology. I want to do a diploma course in early childhood education but some people tell me a diploma is too low for me. That I might not be given visa. Please I need your help urgently so I'll know the way forward.
For Career/Academic Progression Sake, a PG. Cert is your best shot.

Going for a program that it's qualification is lower than your first degree doesn't show Progression

Visit the link below for

Early Childhood Education PG. Cert programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/438#95288165
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
Amylove19:
Hello all, please I need a candid advice from experienced people here. I've been an early years teacher for 7 years. I have a BSc in psychology. I want to do a diploma course in early childhood education but some people tell me a diploma is too low for me. That I might not be given visa. Please I need your help urgently so I'll know the way forward.
Since u are going for a Program you have Work Experience in , but no Degree in, the content (scenerio) in the link below will help you in your admission process. Also find Attached a Cover Letter Sample there too
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Stonehenge83: 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
Good evening all. Happy weekend. Please how do I make payment for my online application I'm getting a decline message when I use my Gt bank Mastercard?

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.