Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155517 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:22am On Nov 14, 2020
The school would need my travel details in order to finalize the documentation, also they stress that spaces are limited
Chukwubuikexo:
You should ask your school for an extension citing these obvious reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Regene2020: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2020
Any Canadian student in a prestigious University should dm me i need to pass some info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2020
im happy to see a lot of people are getting their visa's approved!. May my own and anyone else waiting be the same.
IT WILL END IN PRAISES

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
What’s your definition of a prestigious university. This forum preaches openness and integrity; not a haven for scam or scammers. Any information that can’t be shared openly for the benefit of all is rife with doubts...

Regene2020:
Any Canadian student in a prestigious University should dm me i need to pass some info

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Regene2020: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
Dampops:
What’s your definition of a prestigious university. This forum preaches openness and integrity; not a haven for scam or scammers. Any information that can’t be shared openly for the benefit of all is rife with doubts...

University of Toronto, University of British Columbia.

Oga if you don't know what to say remain calm, this blanket you think from is wrong.

Did i scam you or must i divulge anything to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adwal2020: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
Good day my people,

Anybody going to Vancouver, British Columbia.

Pls let link up.
Also, any info on accomodation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
Is it possible for a student visa to be approved without paying initial tuition deposit ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
Onweke:
Is it possible for a student visa to be approved without paying initial tuition deposit ?

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
I got a job in Canada so I did not need to show proof of funds since I was applying for Work Permit.
I got references from my former bosses and added those to all the job offer letter/contract I have ever received and added my school certificates and applied.

My employer had to get LMIA before we could apply.

nyangbafa:
Congrats @ evergold, Please what documents and funding did you have to show to enable you get a ppr with your wife?
thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
I have a dorm account with about USD 18000. Will Zenith Bank allow me to withdraw it and take along?

LordAA:

I don't think you can get CAD from Nigeria. I think it's USD that can be gotten from banks.
One can request for PTA(personal travel allowance) and you're entitled to a maximum of 4,000 USD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
Please who has gotten Letter of Introduction or POE letter?

(Not Biometric Correspondence letter)

When is it supposed to drop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
It seems flight through wakanow.com for 26th/27th of December are cheaper than any other I have seen. About 300k. Anyone travelling that period wants to link up?

Is there a cheaper site where I can book?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in this academic pursuit.

I got my admission letter couple of days back for fall academic session. Admission confirmation deposit is paid and I plan to apply for the study permit at the end of Q1, 2021 in order to sufficiently meet the 4 months SOA.

I don't reside in Nigeria and it's a family of three things wink grin

Your suggestions and answers to my questions will highly be appreciated. Thanks

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
canadasool:
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie in this academic pursuit.

I got my admission letter couple of days back for fall academic session. Admission confirmation deposit is paid and I plan to apply for the study permit at the end of Q1, 2021 in order to sufficiently meet the 4 months SOA.

I don't reside in Nigeria and it's a family of three things wink grin

Your suggestions and answers to my questions will highly be appreciated. Thanks

Regards.

Welcome.

Take your time to read through the parts of the thread. Personally I scanned through all before even joining. It was worth it.

Meanwhile you didn't ask any questions.

Lemme then ask you. Which school admitted you and when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Yes, but try to withdraw in tranches of less than 10k to reduce need for compliance with NFIU protocols. Also, make sure you don't carry more than equivalence of CAD$10,000 along when traveling to Canada - without disclosure. I think it may be better you carry less and put the balance on a $ denominated debit card. If you have online access to your funds, you may also arrive Canada and decide to transfer the balance via international wire transfer without physical presence in the bank.

evergold:
I have a dorm account with about USD 18000. Will Zenith Bank allow me to withdraw it and take along?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by packaging(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
WHO IS GOING TO QUEBEC?

venez nous faire savoir!!

Merci!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2020
"Merci!" Montreal bound here! je vais à Montréal

Blavkmaann:
WHO IS GOING TO QUEBEC?

Merci!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
Applied September.

New Brunswick Community College

MOKENN:

Welcome.

Take your time to read through the parts of the thread. Personally I scanned through all before even joining. It was worth it.

Meanwhile you didn't ask any questions.

Lemme then ask you. Which school admitted you and when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
evergold:

They should allow but you'll have to confirm from them because they are in a better position to answer.

Alternatively you can do the following;
1. Request for a debit card for the Dom account (so you can assess it anywhere).
2. Open a US dollar account when you arrive Canada and transfer the money in your Dom account here to the new one you opened in Canada.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2020
Blavkmaann:
WHO IS GOING TO QUEBEC?

Merci!!

Hello Quebecer...

When are you travelling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
Akannitommy:
"Merci!" Montreal bound here! je vais à Montréal

Make sense, I’m going to Concordia In Montreal too, by fall 2021, just sent my passport... let’s reason, send me a mail

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dayjeee(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2020
LordAA:

I don't think you can get CAD from Nigeria. I think it's USD that can be gotten from banks.
One can request for PTA(personal travel allowance) and you're entitled to a maximum of 4,000 USD.
I dont think banks process PTA if its a one way ticket

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2020
fratermathy:

Hello Quebecer...

When are you travelling?

Let me not lie, I’m doing this thing one step at a time, my CAQ expires next September, iono how long my Study permit will be, I deferred till next year September, Waiting to receive my passport then I’ll know my next step! I sha know I won’t be in this country by this time next year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
Plz which of Nigeria bank has daily spending limit of $300
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2020
BlegendE:
Hi. Has anyone paid for the return? How did it go? Did VFS reply or pick your call?

They said they have dispatched mine to Canada visa center Lagos. Is this a notification to send our forms and payment to them? Have you sent yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
Tracy2020:

This is not true. You pay for return courier based on your location.

Let’s wait and get a response from VSF, otherwise you will end up overpaying or under paying. Patience is the key.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayokaq: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
Which of the Nigeria bank has spending limit of $300
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OliviaPretty9: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
Anybody planning to apply to GEORGIAN COLLEGE......apply today (14th-November) for free....you pay ZERO application fees if you apply today.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OliviaPretty9: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
It closes 21:00pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OliviaPretty9: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
I just applied...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.