Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159772 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2020
Pimp04:
Morning House,
please does that submitted passport to Abuja vfs should give feedback, let's know which office is more reliable whether lagos or Abuja.... because some of us in Lagos are considering sending passport to Abuja should incase they offer reliability.

Any office is better than Lagos. If you can wait for 3 weeks to1 month or more and without proper updates, then you can send to Lagos. If not, use Abuja or send to Accra or Niamey.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2020
Fanshawe?

owolabia:
Ghost updates today again.
My Ghost updates getting to 5 times.

School promised to be on list tommrw 17th November

Oluwa have mercy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:23am On Nov 16, 2020
fratermathy:

Any office is better than Lagos. If you can wait for 3 weeks to1 month or more and without proper updates, then you can send to Lagos. If not, use Abuja or send to Accra or Niamey.

how long does Accra take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 8:28am On Nov 16, 2020
Pimp04:
Which D.L.I?

University of Windsor, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2020
SKEPTA:

how long does Accra take?

1 week and some days. Sometimes less. Sometimes up to two weeks. But I haven't seen any instance where it went beyond 2 weeks for TRV. Someone I know sent his passport to Germany (expectedly expensive) and got everything back in 3 days. Any VAC in the world can process it. However, VACs in countries with "lower traffic" to Canada would return your passport in a matter of 3-5 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2020
fratermathy:

It's not a ghost update. It's a backend server downtime. Whenever there's a downtime, you won't be able to view the application page and when you refresh the status page, you'll see a message that your application status has changed. Once the server comes back up, the message will be cleared.

A ghost update is when you see a message that your application status has changed and you are actually able to view the application page. Ghost updates are seldom general. It'll happen to just your account.

My bet is that almost everyone cannot access their accounts at this current moment and they'll get that message too.

Some people can access their account, called a friend of mine to check his portal, he said he could log in and he didn't get the application update. if it was a server downtime, I am sure the situation would be general. my two cents tho, but then again, you can be correct.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2020
adeenzo:

Some people can access their account, called a friend of mine to check his portal, he said he could log in and he didn't get the application update. if it was a server downtime, I am sure the situation would be general. my two cents tho, but then again, you can be correct.

Well, with the unpredictability of IRCC these days, no one can tell what new methods they've devised. Normally, ghost updates do not prevent the application page from loading. To confirm server downtime, if you allow the application page to continue loading, it'll show you a 502 error page.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2020
Definitely it's not a ghost update.
Has @frathermathy said.

A ghost update would leave u a message in your mail and nothing would change.

All applications right now are facing same issues.
Once you refresh, it would change from submitted to app update.
Even visitor visa does same.
Could it be that all apps in d world are been worked on at the same time? And u can't see your application details?

adeenzo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2020
fratermathy:

Well, with the unpredictability of IRCC these days, no one can tell what new methods they've devised. Normally, ghost updates do not prevent the application page from loading. To confirm server downtime, if you allow the application page to continue loading, it'll show you a 502 error page.
Sigh, IRCC is just using us to catch cruise grin grin...
It is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2020
Please what is this ghost update people talk about?
adeenzo:
Just got a ghost update this morning grin
Lord take the wheel grin grin, good news coming soon. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:48am On Nov 16, 2020
Dameelee:
Please what is this ghost update people talk about?
Well, When you login, if your application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:50am On Nov 16, 2020
Oh!! I experienced this today too.
Fingers crossed o
adeenzo:

It’s called a ghost update.. it means they (VOs) are currently working on your application, hopefully an update for you drops soon...
I also had a ghost update this morning.
when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by timigreene(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2020
Jephehe:
Process QualityEngineering will be an option

Thanks for your swift response, I need other options preferably in Healthcare coupled with a 2yrs Postgraduate diploma study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:55am On Nov 16, 2020
One thing I did notice about these "ghost updates" or "server down-times", whichever one we believe, is that they have been occurring en masse mostly on weeks when DLI lists are updated. This could be a coincidence or maybe they are sorting applications and re-queueing them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2020
samsung007:

Have you tried mastercard account?

Am applying on Monday.

I have tried gtbank and access bank but not going through. when you successful pay, kindly let me know how you pay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SwayB(m): 9:30am On Nov 16, 2020
Lekiboboe:

You are welcome

Education is not cheap in Canada, u av to prepare yourself financially, cos apart from showing u have the Tuition, compulsorily, u av to show you have your One year Living Expenses of $10,000 (that's around 3 million).

For Computer Science Related PG.Cert/Post Baccalaureate Program, visit the link below and do a google search on the programs explicitly one by one
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/431#95227017

You might likely see the one that falls within your budget
hello. good morning. please can i talk to you privately?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2020
234dm8:
thanks.
but are there other countries that accepts 2.2

Yes I heard some countries accepts 2.2 for MASTERS

E.g
USA (selected schools), China, and some of this European countries

You can do a google search on universities in countries that accepts 2.2 for MASTERS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2020
MOKENN:
so you didn't pay for the transit of 7k, ?? after U paid , what did you do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes I heard some countries accepts 2.2 for MASTERS

E.g
USA (selected schools), China, and some of this European countries

You can do a google search on universities in countries that accepts 2.2 for MASTERS
I think university of Winnipeg is accepting 3.0 of CGPA though preferably U have 2.1 but some schools precifically state second class upper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2020
SwayB:

hello. good morning. please can i talk to you privately?
Hi,

If its something that u need different views on, do ask here in the forum, so you can av more inputs on the suitable decision to make, if otherwise, yes u can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2020
Good morning people!

Quick question?

Going for co-op program, is one required to apply for work permit alongside their study permit?
because I think I might have missed it cos I applied for study permit only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SwayB(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

If its something that u need different views on, do ask here in the forum, so you can av more inputs on the suitable decision to make, if otherwise, yes u can
thank you. i have just sent you a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2020
MY FELLOW JANDERS, PLEASE AND PLEASE MAKE UNA NO HURRY SPOIL SOMETHING FOR UNA SEF OUT OF RUSH......

We have all agreed that this thing will end in praise, let’s give them time to do this thing, so far it’s certain that as I’m sent my passport it cant come back without stamp, if they like they should send d passport back next year.... sha it’s coming with Visa.......

Please where can I get Strong Travelling bag WITH TIRE AND WINTER JACKET!

Also I need slaves...... 10 virgin maidens, 2 guards and one person that will be playing flute to accompany me to Canada,

In my full village, I’m the first to get Canada visa so they are opening palace for me there

Furthermore, I need cheap God is Good or Young shall grow that can reach Canada on time,

Also, please, owo and starch! Iono if it’s cheap there in Canada, I need a cook!

See job opportunities now o! No say I no help you!

Then......... a wife, if they recently approve you, and you want to be Lolo nke ndi Toronto... apply within... please note you must be Igbo.....

Ermmmmm....... Palace warriors .... strong men to guard the palace, very important

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just see my own ghost update, make una Laff smal jarey, the tension here is too much!

I’m Black man, just wanted to make you smile
I hope I did..... sending love and light!

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by CastedBlog: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2020
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

CastedBlog:
Hello people, Una Good evening o.
As the procedure advised, I have followed this thread from the first to now 521, I have read every single page and trust me I have learnt on here more than my days in any other online research.

I am a 24years old going for an undergraduate program at the University of Saskatchewan(Admitted)

I have no previous post-secondary school program,
I did a professional course, of course, by Google earlier this year. Over the study gap, i have been doing social media page managing and web manager, not related to my course, been doing it to keep up.

I am a self sponsor.

I'm getting ready documents for a study permit, pls I need all the necessary advice, criterion and things to put together orderly.

@lekiboboe
@frankbrobbn1
I have read and seen your good handiwork in helping prospective candidates, Mine will not pass you by.
Pls i need your help.

It will end in Praise. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2020
I got this e-mail this morning still without consent form and payment instruction. I’ve sent an e-mail to them anyway.

wrote:

VFS Global

Dear Cxx

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.Bleep has been received from the IRCC Office on 11/16/2020 8:12:51 AM at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2020
When did you submit?
Blavkmaann:
MY FELLOW JANDERS, PLEASE AND PLEASE MAKE UNA NO HURRY SPOIL SOMETHING FOR UNA SEF OUT OF RUSH......

We have all agreed that this thing will end in praise, let’s give them time to do this thing, so far it’s certain that as I’m sent my passport it cant come back without stamp, if they like they should send d passport back next year.... sha it’s coming with Visa.......

Also I need slaves...... 10 virgin maidens, 2 guards and one person that will be playing flute to accompany me to Canada,

In my full village, I’m the first to get Canada visa so they are opening palace for me there

Furthermore, I need cheap God is Good or Young shall grow that can reach Canada on time,

Also, please, owo and starch! Iono if it’s cheap there in Canada, I need a cook!

Then......... a wife, if they recently approve you, and you want to be Lolo nke ndi Toronto... apply within... please note you must be Igbo.....

Ermmmmm....... Palace warriors .... strong men to guard the palace, very important

I just see my own ghost update, make una Laff smal jarey, the tension here is too much!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
I got this e-mail this morning still without consent form and payment instruction. I’ve sent an e-mail to them anyway.

wrote:

VFS Global

Dear Cxx

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.Bleep has been received from the IRCC Office on 11/16/2020 8:12:51 AM at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global

When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 10:10am On Nov 16, 2020
Blavkmaann:

when did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2020
grin
So hilarious..
Blavkmaann:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2020
adeenzo:

When did you submit your application? See ehh, don’t let Canada give you headache, because this VOs like to take their time to do their job, don’t think they will rush anything because you are a January applicant, you just need to exercise patience, and take your mind off checking your portal every 30 seconds (trust me I learnt this stuff the hard way)
It will end in praise

Maybe i will learn it the hard way too lol, You mean when i applied for visa itself or when i did biometrics?
30 seconds? I do check it every 10 seconds lol... but Jokes apart do you think everything will be sorted out before December ending(I mean the medical request, PPR and others) some people who did there biometrics in October are even saying they haven’t started reviewing eligibility for them

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 10:39am On Nov 16, 2020
rebecausoro:

When did you submit?

October 28
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2020
For the 12k courier Fee, is it better to make an online payment from my bank app or I should go to the bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.