Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1169765 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
esosa4real:

I don't think she did. I asked her earlier and she isn't even sure. Wahala.

Do you by chance know the cost for initial payment and return? That way. I will be able to decipher what she has done.

If you paid for 2-way, its cheaper.

if you paid one way, you may will have to pay VFS for the return.

What I saw on their site is N12,570.

but somebody posted a table here stating different charges for different destinations.

so I am not 100% sure.

But if that is my Passport, I will Pay the N12,570 and collect it first. we can drag the balance later.

na Canada Visa dey inside that passport o. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
Congrats fam, did you do a 2-way courier, also did you submit from Abuja or you sent passport from Lagos?

Siobhanle:
Abuja vfs is definitely faster. My passport I submitted on November 6th has been stamped and is on its way back and I’ve received introduction letter from cic!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
Which type of bank statement did you use in the first instance. Is is MyBankStatement of Normal printout?
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
Hello good morning everyone,
Please my bank statement was printed on the 10th of September and I submitted my Visa application on the 2nd of October and did my biometrics on the 16th of October. Till yesterday that I go a mail for NSE which they said if I don't submit the required documents before 17 the of December that the will go on with making decisions on application and processing it accordingly and what they required for is my bank statement again and IELTS score. so my question is hope my Visa application will not have issues or any problem because of account statement because when it is September 10th i printed it and apply October 2ñd, that means my bank statement will be 3month by 10th of December from the day I printed it hope it will have any issues and also I can send them a webform to continue my application in the normal processing. Do the Canadian embassy really call the bank to confirm the money in the account.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Raalsalghul: 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You may use another organisation provided they can state truthfully that you're a bonafide employee of their organisation.

It will end in praise

Oga Frankrobbn1

Sorry, I have to bring you back to this again because I've been thinking on how to go about it.

I'm currently working at company A.

I have another company B willing to give me the job offer letter as proof of home ties to the V.O.

Will it fly if I submit my application with company A as current workplace in my C.V bearing in mind that salary payments, pension payments will reflect from them in statement of account and also also submit job letter from company B as proof of home ties: all together.

This is actually what I meant.

@Qudkom
@Chocs123
@Lekiboboe
@NaijaForeigner
@JustMellow

Your input will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chrystee68: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good afternoon gurus and members in the house.
Please I need your kind guidance, my friend got his bvl early this morning so PPR should drop by this night.
He did online application and biometrics at Lagos VAC.
,Due to the slow pace of passport processing he is considering submitting to Abuja VAC as advised by one of our honourable here.
Now for the N7,430, if he pays via bank transfer, should he print the receipt and attach it with other documents in the envelope?
What are the specific documents he needs to send to VFS Abuja with his passport since he did biometrics at Lagos. This is his first application.
Lastly how do we contact a courier company?
Which is more reliable for sending from Lagos the Abuja and recognized by Abuja VAC?

I am very sorry if my questions are much, but we just want to prepare and send it by tomorrow or latest Friday.

Please kindly assist.

Thank you in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
If you are not in a rush to travel, Lagos is fine. I submitted to Lagos on 26th and got it today (from Port harcourt).

Documents to send with passport are;
Int'l passport,
ppr letter,
biometrics slip,
2 vfs consent form,
2 copies of passport info page.

If you finally opt for Abuja, since you will need to pay N7,430, You may attach the proof of payment (Normal bank teller will be fine) but Snap it before you send them the original just in case they ask you to send the teller to an email address like inthe case of inhouse courier charge (feedback.cannig@vfshelpline.com)

Go to a courier service outlet (DHL, UPS etc), give them the docs and pay for your 2-way courier. the Lagos VFS use UPS. UPS is also less expensive than DHL.

I hope this helps

Chrystee68:
Good afternoon gurus and members in the house.
Please I need your kind guidance, my friend got his bvl early this morning so PPR should drop by this night.
He did online application and biometrics at Lagos VAC.
,Due to the slow pace of passport processing he is considering submitting to Abuja VAC as advised by one of our honourable here.
Now for the N7,430, if he pays via bank transfer, should he print the receipt and attach it with other documents in the envelope?
What are the specific documents he needs to send to VFS Abuja with his passport since he did biometrics at Lagos. This is his first application.
Lastly how do we contact a courier company?
Which is more reliable for sending from Lagos the Abuja and recognized by Abuja VAC?

I am very sorry if my questions are much, but we just want to prepare and send it by tomorrow or latest Friday.

Please kindly assist.

Thank you in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Regene2020: 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
GraduateStudyAb:
help you review your essay

@Ysakaws1: share your LOE to Mygraduatestudyabroad@gmail.com we will help you review your essay.
sent you mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Japh11: 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Since this is his first application and he did his biometrics in Lagos, he won't have to pay the transmission fee of 7430, but if he decides to send it to Abuja, inspite of the fact that it's his first time, as long as he did not do his biometrics in Abuja he will have to pay the transmission fee. As per the required documents. He should include:
2 duly filled consent form (just the second and last pages),
2 copies of his passport biodata page,
International passport,
Passport Request letter,
Biometric slip,
Receipt of payment for transmission fee(I.e if decides to submit in Abuja),
And his full name as it appears in his passport, phone number, email address and home address on a plain sheet of paper.

Please endeavour to use a two way courier. From my experience, I sent mine the first time without proper documentation, I wasn't contacted by VFS on how to correct it, I was only called and told to pay the transmission fee since I didn't do my biometrics in Abuja, after I made the payment and sent the receipt through the email they provided, I didn't get any tracking ID or update on the progress of my application. My luck was that I paid for two way courier. So all they did was to send it back to me to include the remaining documents.
Hope this helps and Congratulations!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Siobhanle:
Abuja vfs is definitely faster. My passport I submitted on November 6th has been stamped and is on its way back and I’ve received introduction letter from cic!

Wow Congratulations.
Please when did you receive the introduction letter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
MOKENN:

Thanks.

Amen. it will go round.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
As for certificate courses, I really don't know but I think your field has a lot of certificates like ICAN, CFA, and the likes that you could consider. For the french, I'd advise that you take an online class. I'd let @Lekiboboe and other gurus take it from here

fareemah:
@brovaSketch - Thank you for this
Please can you suggest any professional certificate that can add to my CRS score?
Any suggestion as regards where I can get good French classes in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
MOKENN:
If you are not in a rush to travel, Lagos is fine. I submitted to Lagos on 26th and got it today (from Port harcourt).

Int'l passport,
ppr letter,
biometrics slip,
2 vfs consent form,

If you finally opt for Abuja, since you will need to pay N7,430, You may attach the proof of payment (Normal bank teller will be fine) but Snap it before you send them the original just in case they ask you to send the teller to an email address like inthe case of inhouse courier charge (feedback.cannig@vfshelpline.com)

Go to a courier service outlet (DHL, UPS etc), give them the docs and pay for your 2-way courier. the Lagos VFS use UPS. UPS is also less expensive than DHL.

I hope this helps

You submitted on the 26th or it was received by Festus on the 26th?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
Please did you fill the last page of the consent form?
I just read someone say you should fill the 2nd and last pages (I’ve attached a picture of the last page so you can remember)
MOKENN:

Int'l passport,
ppr letter,
biometrics slip,
2 vfs consent form,

I hope this helps

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
Have you gotten your passport back? If yes how long did it take for you to get it after submitting?

Japh11:
Since this is his first application and he did his biometrics in Lagos, he won't have to pay the transmission fee of 7430, but if he decides to send it to Abuja, inspite of the fact that it's his first time, as long as he did not do his biometrics in Abuja he will have to pay the transmission fee. As per the required documents. He should include:
2 duly filled consent form (just the second and last pages),
2 copies of his passport biodata page,
International passport,
Passport Request letter,
Biometric slip,
Receipt of payment for transmission fee(I.e if decides to submit in Abuja),
And his full name as it appears in his passport, phone number, email address and home address on a plain sheet of paper.

Please endeavour to use a two way courier. From my experience, I sent mine the first time without proper documentation, I wasn't contacted by VFS on how to correct it, I was only called and told to pay the transmission fee since I didn't do my biometrics in Abuja, after I made the payment and sent the receipt through the email they provided, I didn't get any tracking ID or update on the progress of my application. My luck was that I paid for two way courier. So all they did was to send it back to me to include the remaining documents.
Hope this helps and Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oreafe(f): 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
hi guys i just recieved my gcms notes.

please tell me what you think. I had to type it out it was refusing to paste here.

the $10000 was USD; thats about 14000 CAD

33yo married woman Nigerian woman seeking entry to Canada to obtain master’s degree in comms travel to UK in 2019, no other evidence of travel financial support: husband, 2 children under 4 yo. PA has 3 siblings, 1 in US and 2 in CDA, one of which in a SP. Proof of funds: bank statements showing consistent low balance+ large deposits. PA will obtain masters in peace studies in July, works as monitoring + evaluation associate (data quality). I am not satisfied that the course of studies is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits and the applicant’s personal circumstances. Based on the information provided by the PA, I am not satisfied that based on factors such as family ties, financial establishment and relevant travel history, the applicant will be a genuine temporary resident who will depart CDA at the end of the authorized period of stay. Application refused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dameelee:
Please did you fill the last page of the consent form?
I just read someone say you should fill the 2nd and last pages (I’ve attached a picture of the last page so you can remember)

please can I get a copy of the consent form, I sent an email to you earlier.....can we link up as am going to fanshawe too!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Japh11: 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
Yeah. Two weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Thanks. No I didn’t do 2 way courier. And I submitted from Abuja.

Pimp04:
Congrats fam, did you do a 2-way courier, also did you submit from Abuja or you sent passport from Lagos?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
Thanks, I got it today. Less than an hour after I got an email that my passport had been dispatched from Ircc to the vac.

LordAA:

Wow Congratulations.
Please when did you receive the introduction letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
Thank you! And yes from what I’ve seen that’s probably the case.

fratermathy:

Congratulations! Some persons who submitted their passports to the Lagos VFS three weeks ago are yet to get their passports back. Abuja VFS is certainly better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Heyyyy my fellow fanshawe student
Can I send the form to you in the morning cos it’s on my flash drive (at work) or you can ask if someone else can share with you tonight.

ojzreal:

please can I get a copy of the consent form, I sent an email to you earlier.....can we link up as am going to fanshawe too!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Congrats. When did you get your PPR?
Dameelee:
Heyyyy my fellow fanshawe student
Can I send the form to you in the morning cos it’s on my flash drive (at work) or you can ask if someone else can share with you tonight.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lexy123: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hello All,

Please can I get a copy of the vac consent letter. My mail is mamamcbelle@gmail.com.

Thank you all in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sugarleireina: 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
Yep! likewise
Pimp04:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OluwasureGig: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi ,

Am no expert, but 4.5 million won't be enough

Reasons are
- Tuition for International students begins at $14, 000 CAD upward

- You need to have or show at least the availability of $10,000 CAD (that's around 3 million) for your one year living expenses (Very Mandatory).

With the above analysis, it shows 4.5 million won't be enough

FINANCIAL READINESS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO STUDY IN CANADA

I will suggest u work towards getting a fully-funded thesis-based Masters program in Geology

With a 2.1 in Geology, you are in a good academic standing to go for a Masters in Geology

Visit the link below for

Masters in Geology & Geology Related Programs in Canada

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Geology&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Note that most Universities will require u to secure a Supervisor (Professor) before you can get a Masters Admission, sequel to that, endeavor to reach out to lots of Professors (of different schools) as much as possible, so you can widen your horizon as regards your Masters Admission and have lots of options

The link below is your plug for that

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities, Secure a Supervisor and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
thank you very much sir for this response. I really appreciate. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by deepwater(f): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
fareemah:
Hello Nairalanders,

Which is the best study pathway for immigration to Canada?

Here is my profile summary,

I have B.sc and M.Sc in Economics and also obtained ACA (Chartered Accountant).
I have 10 years experience in Accounting, Audit and Finance.
My CRS score is around 460 and it seems quite low for Express Entry ( Pls share other means to enhance it)
I really want to relocate to Canada through study program as this seems much available.

Please advise on the funded M.Sc or Phd programme that fits my qualification and work experience.
I will appreciate if you can also share university links for this.

Thank you to all Nairalanders

IELTS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
mankind5050:
Which type of bank statement did you use in the first instance. Is is MyBankStatement of Normal printout?

I used the normal printout from bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dampops:
Nairobi and Beijing

Email address pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
DINO71:

You submitted on the 26th or it was received by Festus on the 26th?
Festus received on 27th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fareemah: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
@Lekkiboboe and other gurus in the house, please let me have your opinion.

Thank you

brovaSketch:
As for certificate courses, I really don't know but I think your field has a lot of certificates like ICAN, CFA, and the likes that you could consider. For the french, I'd advise that you take an online class. I'd let @Lekiboboe and other gurus take it from here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
It's coming very close. Please do an upfront medical exam and upload with a web form ASAP. This way, you will help to facilitate the processing of your application. The request for medicals from IRCC may not drop tomorrow as envisaged. If it does, good though.

Please bring in feedback. All the best!

HorlarJP:

I will be resuming in January 6
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
Check the attached documents. They respond to email more quickly

HorlarJP:
Please how can I book an appointment at Qlife or any other chosen hospitals by IRCC, I want to do an upfront medicals

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.