Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155909 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
I got this mail just this night from IRCC claiming my application status has changed and I’m also having issues in checking my application status. If you know how I feel right now grin grin. I don’t know if it could be my upfront medical being updated to pass or the good news I have been waiting for. I‘m sha confident that it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
iampaulsmith:
I got this mail just this night from IRCC claiming my application status has changed and I’m also having issues in checking my application status. If you know how I feel right now grin grin. I don’t know if it could be my upfront medical being updated to pass or the good news I have been waiting for. I‘m sha confident that it will end in praise.

Amen, congrats in advance..
please share the good news once you see the update

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
nayo10:
Please what payment method did you use, trying to book an Airbnb from Nigeria

I paid with a prepaid dollar visa card that I got from First Bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lamlohlah: 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hi,

Am new here, please i just did my upfront medical and i want to submit it .

Kindly provide the email address i should send to.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
kristalfoods:
@Fratermathy, @Justmellow, @Frankrobbn1 and other gurus. Thank you always for the great deal of work, contribution and guide you are always giving in this forum. Your generations to come will always enjoy the faithfulness of God almighty.

Please I wanted to ask questions, I was having a conversation with a friend that got his visa approved . Kindly put me through.

1. Please if one is approved now for graduate studies and has deffered till fall 2021, how early and how soon can one travel to Canada but resumption is still September 2021(orientation starts August 10th and classes starts September 9th?

2. Also what is the earliest time of travel that one can get his SIN?

3. If one has funding that will be approved, in may/June but needs ones physical presence in Canada before one can be credited for fall 2021, how soon can one travel to Canada?

Thank you as I anticipate kind clarifications from great contributors here because I have assured my friend of sure answer to my questions because of the wealth of knowledge here.

Once again, thank you

God bless you all
quote author=fratermathy post=96593806]Kimkalash

Check your IRCC account if your application status has changed to "approved".

You can arrive Canada 3-4 weeks before the start of program. If you arrive earlier, you may be turned back and that is a problematic thing as TRV may be revoked if care is not taken. If you're lucky (as many have been in the past), you can be allowed in but it's a risk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Can't view my full application after receiving email from ircc. I keep getting error 502
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Legacyedition:

Wow. Congrats boss.

BVL plus PPR by God's grace.

I pray with crossed fingers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
mankind5050:
Wow, you must have given it ur all within that short time.Congratulations for the success in the IELTS. The IRCC letter says MyBankStatement with POF of at least 6 months with 12 months bank history.In my opinion( I stand to be corrected though), POF for 12 months = 1st year tuition+1000CAD. POF for 6 months = 1st semester tuition+ 5000CAD. In a normal situation and based on you have funding, minimum POF for 6 months is 0(coz u have funding for the tuition) + 5000CAD(ur 6 months living expenses)= 5000CAD. This is just my thought, I am not sure if this is the expectation of IRCC/ ur VO

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
oginnite:
I got a NSE letter from IRCC to submit IELTS and MYBANK Statement before 26th December that i may be eligible for NIGERIA STUDENT EXPRESS. Please what should i do next? I dont know the where to submit it as i have check the CIC portal and there is no section for the NSE. Please Help

Had you written the test before the letter came in?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for the insights. Am aware of all the points you highlighted but my *contest* is on the suggestion that students are not eligible. Unless this is a new policy in the last 10-years, I have evidence that as a student I got PTA twice in 2010 and 2011. See image attached.

I will report back on my findings as soon as I am able to apply this time around. My account officer is aware of my studentship status and already asked that I send in my application for PTA. The only delay is the passport that VFS/IRCC has not returned for the past 27 days.

If a returned ticket is now required, I can get one. It is possible to cancel the return leg even before departure after getting my PTA. At worse, I will cancel upon arrival in Canada without losing any value.

In this era of N500/$USD, if am eligible, I won't let a mere return ticket stop me. These are my own personal positions.

DCNM:
I'm a banker please kindly ask your account officer to verify his info and for the sake of others who may want to hinge their hopes on this, below are the requirements for PTA application for which students are currently ineligible.

Applicants shall be eighteen (18) years of age and above.
Sales of PTA shall be for travel to be undertaken not more than 14 days from the
day of the purchase of PTA.
Applicants could be account holders or non-account holders in the bank.
PTA shall only apply to journeys of not less than five (5) hours flight time.
Applicants shall present verifiable BVNs to their bankers.
Applicants shall have valid visa of the country of destination.
Applicants shall have a return air ticket.
Applicants shall be holders of valid Nigerian International Passport.
The flight must originate from Nigeria.
Applicants shall be entitled to $4,000.00 per quarte

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
Debbyiiii:

should I apply for ielts and do the exams cause they didn't ask for bank statement

Yes chief!! Start right away... I can help you with Ielts preparation tho.. Free of charge...m happy for you sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kandybite: 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Kandybite,

An Ordinary Diploma can't get him into PGD/C but some colleges, anything could be possible. Though some programs may require Diploma, so its better to check with the DLI of interest.

Maybe he should look at an Advance Diploma or a Baccalaureate program to up his certificate but his best bet would be a Bachelor. If possible, he can up his certificate in Nigeria then apply for a PGD/C.

All the best

Thanks for taking out time to reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 11:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
Legacyedition:

IRCC didn't specify . I am writing General should incase I want to use it for something else before it expires.

Yes you are correct. I later got to know that any of the Ielts exam would suffice...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
lamlohlah:
Hi,

Am new here, please i just did my upfront medical and i want to submit it .

Kindly provide the email address i should send to.

Thanks
Hi,

U av to forward the E-medical sheet to IRCC Nairobi Office via Webform & the three CIC Nairobi Immigration email address

Visit the link below on
Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending the same E-medical sheet via E-mail to Nairobi office (see template of the message body for the Webfrom & Email)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hello my dear brother, I have sent the documents back to you.
I really apologize for this delay. I saw your mail. And response here today.

Please let me know if the documents are okay.

All the best!

Nastan:

Sent

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
JosephYemsol:
Sir, so either Ielts GT or AT is allowed? Tot it's just AT... I would rather opt for the GT then cos that's much easier for me...

Go for general because it is easier, it is acceptable and it will be useful for PR application if you qualify before it expires

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by foje: 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks alot. Would apply for d closest one right away.

Hello hello. Regardless of the school you applied to, you still have to do IELTS ACADEMIC for the NSE. With NSE, it means your application will be fast tracked. It's a program only for Nigerian applicants to hasten the visa application process. Unfortunately, we can't explain why they want Ielts from Nigerians, we just v to do it[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LGDON: 12:02am On Dec 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

It looks kinda impossible going for a Program u don't av a Background (I.T) in , cos it would likely be difficult for you to convince a Visa Officer with Cogent reasons why u wanna go for an I.T program

- You have an M.SC already, and it is very likely u wanna go for a PG. Cert in I.T, and a PG.Cert qualification is lower than ur already gotten Qualification (M.SC), a visa officer might likely find that suspicious, so that's a red flag alrdy

- Academics wise,
you av shown progression in Financial related programs both in Undergraduate and M.SC, u suddenly wanting to switch to I.T may look very suspicious to a Visa Officer, a visa officer can easily assume that ur Purpose of Visit to Canada is not studying, that u jz wanna elope to Canada via the Study Route

In a Nutshell, since u av an M.SC in Business Admin, a PH.D in a related program is ur best shot.

You can await response from Gurus in house on ur enquiry and also from members who has ur kind of profile, and intentions and were successful

Okay.. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gentlejin(m): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Anon123:

Yes... But am sure you can still get IT project management.

OK thank you. All I keep seeing is Just Project Management.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 12:48am On Dec 01, 2020
Thank you for your response

Time2soar:

We both did upfront medical and submitted it with our application, the question I answered created the place to attach upfront medical result sheet for her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 2:56am On Dec 01, 2020
Hey guys. My agent said it must be IELTS academic for the NSE. Even after I told them what I read here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 3:06am On Dec 01, 2020
Everyone is sleeping LOL!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 3:09am On Dec 01, 2020
NO oh..I dey, trying to log into CIC,not working yet. Please is this being experienced by everyone? even after clearing browser cache as adviced on their Twitter handle
recxa:
Everyone is sleeping LOL!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OFAB: 3:57am On Dec 01, 2020
Hello Everyone.

I need a suggestion of universities in U.S.A and Canada that can accommodate a person with
1) 2.87 CGPA
2) TOEFL : 100
3) GRE: Verbal: 146 (28 percentile)
Quantitative: 142 ( 11 percentile)
Analytical: 3.0 (14 percentile)

and also opportunity of sponsorship/funding.

I have a background in Biochemistry and I am interested in any Biological science related courses.

Thanks all in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 5:02am On Dec 01, 2020
Simply tell your agents "ok sir" and then do what pleases you. I'd recommend General... It's up to you.

recxa:
Hey guys. My agent said it must be IELTS academic for the NSE. Even after I told them what I read here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:18am On Dec 01, 2020
Time2soar:

Go for general because it is easier, it is acceptable and it will be useful for PR application if you qualify before it expires

There will be need to retake the test for PR as it expires after 2yrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:32am On Dec 01, 2020
kristalfoods:
@Fratermathy, @Justmellow, @Frankrobbn1 and other gurus. Thank you always for the great deal of work, contribution and guide you are always giving in this forum. Your generations to come will always enjoy the faithfulness of God almighty.

Please I wanted to ask questions, I was having a conversation with a friend that got his visa approved . Kindly put me through.

1. Please if one is approved now for graduate studies and has deffered till fall 2021, how early and how soon can one travel to Canada but resumption is still September 2021(orientation starts August 10th and classes starts September 9th?

2. Also what is the earliest time of travel that one can get his SIN?

3. If one has funding that will be approved, in may/June but needs ones physical presence in Canada before one can be credited for fall 2021, how soon can one travel to Canada?

Thank you as I anticipate kind clarifications from great contributors here because I have assured my friend of sure answer to my questions because of the wealth of knowledge here.

Once again, thank you

God bless you all
quote author=fratermathy post=96593806]Kimkalash

Check your IRCC account if your application status has changed to "approved".

Hello Kristalfoods,

Orientation is a crucial aspect of Canadian learning/academic process. The VOs & CBSA understands this.

With this as a cogent reason, you can either travel before the August 10th or September 9th. If the former is what suits you best, ensure to be able to prove that you can sustain financially before class resumption on September 9th.

After fulfilling all landing formalities at the POE, you will receive your SIN. If the funding depends on your physical presence and haven't been approved or filed your application, you may need to apply for a visit visa or as the case may be.

N.B: at the POE, the CBSA agents reserves the right to deny you entry irrespective of youe claims but they are often very lenient if there is a tangible reason for early arrive. So, prepare and play accordingly.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:34am On Dec 01, 2020
JosephYemsol:
Sir, so either Ielts GT or AT is allowed? Tot it's just AT... I would rather opt for the GT then cos that's much easier for me...

If only AT was required, IRCC wouldn't be so dumb not to specify clearly.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:36am On Dec 01, 2020
JosephYemsol:

Wow. Thanks so much. I have always underestimated that site... Thanks

The fast pace of their Listening scares most people. That's why most people also use Cambridge for Listening too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 5:45am On Dec 01, 2020
iampaulsmith:

Same here!. its annoying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 5:45am On Dec 01, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
I am in Saskatoon.
please Check your mail. I sent a message

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.