Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1167586 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DCNM(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
I'm a banker please kindly ask your account officer to verify his info and for the sake of others who may want to hinge their hopes on this, below are the requirements for PTA application for which students are currently ineligible.

Applicants shall be eighteen (18) years of age and above.
Sales of PTA shall be for travel to be undertaken not more than 14 days from the
day of the purchase of PTA.
Applicants could be account holders or non-account holders in the bank.
PTA shall only apply to journeys of not less than five (5) hours flight time.
Applicants shall present verifiable BVNs to their bankers.
Applicants shall have valid visa of the country of destination.
Applicants shall have a return air ticket.
Applicants shall be holders of valid Nigerian International Passport.
The flight must originate from Nigeria.
Applicants shall be entitled to $4,000.00 per quarte

Akannitommy:
Students are eligible unless this is a new policy (change). I bought PTA twice as a student 10 years ago and I used a one-way ticket. I am not sure about the policy on 1-way or 2-way ticket being an eligibility criteria either based on personal experience and confirmation with my account officer just now. All they need is a valid ticket, valid visa, valid passport for more than 6-months and equivalent (Naira) cash in your bank account. The processing speed will however be determined by the availability of $. So the advice I got was to send in my request as soon as possible because it would on first come, first served basis. So your travel plans may be the only thing that will prevent you from getting the $4,000 PTA @ CBN rate. I could be wrong but that is what I know and also validated by my account officer.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Anyone going to UBC Kelowna? At least we should be two nau
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OseCode: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Anybody going to Douglas College? It's located in New Westminster, British Columbia. Still waiting for my passport though so I'm yet to make concrete travel plans.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Anyone going to Columbia College, British Columbia, Vancouver?
� � � grin shocked undecided
We should be at least two going to Columbia College nah

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Have you tried to track the package? Were you able to?

Godsblessings:
Pls I need someone to give me the VFS contact no ,we submit passport since Nov 3rd, yet to receive it,only got mail that it's in transit to Canada Application center!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Wow, you must have given it ur all within that short time.Congratulations for the success in the IELTS. The IRCC letter says MyBankStatement with POF of at least 6 months with 12 months bank history.In my opinion( I stand to be corrected though), POF for 12 months = 1st year tuition+1000CAD. POF for 6 months = 1st semester tuition+ 5000CAD. In a normal situation and based on you have funding, minimum POF for 6 months is 0(coz u have funding for the tuition) + 5000CAD(ur 6 months living expenses)= 5000CAD. This is just my thought, I am not sure if this is the expectation of IRCC/ ur VO
kelvine95:
So, guys, I gave IELTS Academic a shot last week Thursday( using the Computer Delivered method. Result came out this morning and somehow, God helped me to get 7.5, and I prepared for less than a week due to the NSE urgency. But then, I am still not settled yet about the funding part, do you people feel I should add my funding letter plus mybankstatement authentication slip showing about 4,700 cad as financial support? I don't want it to be used against me since they specifically said mybankstatement,but then, I don't want to wait till God knows when for Visa application outcome. I just need general advice from y'all. Please, I am very confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Oluoxide2:

Hello JosephYemsol

Please, what did you use in determining your rating? Have you done admission with them before or what? I asked because am processing admission with humber presently.

I have friends who finished from George brown and humber. I am particularly closer with the humber graduate and he's currently doing excellently well.

Anyways, my ranking is based on students success stories generally.

Furthermore, the rank was made based on only the 4 schools you mentioned and not a rank of all colleges n canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Canhopeful: 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
UBCcookies:
Anyone going to UBC Kelowna? At least we should be two nau
Sorry, my destination is UBC Vancouver.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
I know it’s your call but I think you are rushing the process. I would’ve done my exams home in Nigeria and then travel late December or early January to commence a new semester/term (Winter).

Considering the distance, flight time and possible jet lag and nauseous feeling after a long flight, it may be unsettling to do an exam immediately.

Fingers crossed, all will end well.

rebecausoro:

My exam starts next week after three months of online learning. I booked a flight for Saturday already. I've paid for quarantine plans sef. I've made concrete plans that would go to waste if I don't travel this week. VFS is just making me stressed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gentlejin(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hello guys,

So I studied computer science but I have experience in IT project management. So I want to ask if I can apply for a post graduate certificate in Project Management and not have issue during visa application.

Pls I need advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Anyone receive this email from IRCC? Is there anything to make of it? Cant log into my portal as it keeps redirecting me to the home page

Application number: XXXXX
We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXXX

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application
[color=#770077][/color].

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omanda: 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Good evening all, please is there anyone here going to Lambton College Toronto for Winter 2021 term or who is already in Lambton Toronto Campus? Please indicate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omanda: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Personal Travelling Allowance
Uzomachukwu:

Please, what really is a PTA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Omanda: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
Same with me but I applied Nov8
Byefelicia:
Good morning everyone, please how long does it take for medical request to come .. I applied since November 13th done biometrics but no medical request or any information from them yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OseCode: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
I think the guys going to British Columbia should connect. Doesn't seem to be a lot of Nigerians in that province.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:
Anyone receive this email from IRCC? Is there anything to make of it? Cant log into my portal as it keeps redirecting me to the home page

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXXX

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application
[color=#770077][/color].

When did you submit your application?

Medical request yet/Upfront passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
submitted my passport already; got 4th email from vfs earlier this morning.

Kakokako:

When did you submit your application?

Medical request yet/Upfront passed?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
So so sorry.
Just seeing your mail now.
I will do the needful and send back ASAP.

So sorry for this delay.

Nastan:

Sent

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2020
These people are just utilizing different dimensions. For the first time since I applied, I saw "approved" under my application status but cant check the full info. Tomorrow will unravel a lot
Eilenora:
submitted my passport already; got 4th email from vfs earlier this morning.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
I just got my NSE letter from IRCC And I have five nights to prepare for my IELTS sad . It is well oh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Kimkalash:
These people are just utilizing different dimensions. For the first time since I applied, I saw "approved" under my application status but cant check the full info. Tomorrow will unravel a lot

Me no go even mind if them just flash the “approved” once grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
Akannitommy:
Same thing here but I was able to sign in a few minutes ago finally. I see changes to my status changed from "submitted" to "Application/Profile updated" and then to "Approved". But am unable to view the full application page. It goes off to "Bad gateway". I think they are working on it.

Am also experiencing this same scenerio aswell, I wasn't able to check my application status even with different browsers on both Phone and Laptop.

But am quite surprised I didn't get a donotreply mail from IRCC to this update on my GCkey Profile

I haven't gotten the 4th Email from VFS aswell, I submitted my Passport NOV 5
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
We are in the same batch. They are working on our files am sure of that. I didn't get the email either and haven't been able to sign in for the past hour. We should get updates tomorrow hopefully. And no 4th email either (yet)!

Lekiboboe:

Am also experiencing this same scenerio aswell, I wasn't able to check my application status even with different browsers Phone and Laptop.

But am quite surprised I didn't get a donotreply mail from IRCC to this effect

I haven't gotten the 4th Email from VFS aswell, I submitted NOV 5

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:

[color=#770077][/color].

I just got this same email from IRCC.... It’s well with us for this matter grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
We’ll wake up tomorrow to good news IJN

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please how much did you pay for quarantine plan and how did you go about it. I learnt for MUN we ought to fill a form before arrival.

rebecausoro:

My exam starts next week after three months of online learning. I booked a flight for Saturday already. I've paid for quarantine plans sef. I've made concrete plans that would go to waste if I don't travel this week. VFS is just making me stressed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Eilenora:

[color=#770077][/color].

Yes I received the mail but the Application number quoted happens to be one of the old Application for express entry which I withdrew and closed whereas I just submitted my study permit application on October 12th don't know why they sent the mail on Application that's already withdrawn and closed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gentlejin(m): 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
gentlejin:
Hello guys,

So I studied computer science but I have experience in IT project management. So I want to ask if I can apply for a post graduate certificate in Project Management and not have issue during visa application.

Pls I need advice.

Somebody, anybody
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
oginnite:
I got a NSE letter from IRCC to submit IELTS and MYBANK Statement before 26th December that i may be eligible for NIGERIA STUDENT EXPRESS. Please what should i do next? I dont know the where to submit it as i have check the CIC portal and there is no section for the NSE. Please Help

When you login into your account you will click on view application and documents uploaded, which you see the place to upload the mybankstatement and ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mantleouchtele: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=jdoe28015 post=96578870]Hi, I am going to Victoria, BC

Hello miss c, sent you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Time2soar:

When you login into your account you will click on view application and documents uploaded, which you see the place to upload the mybankstatement and ielts

Hi. Can I use my sponsors regular one year statement from gtb or do we have to use this mybankstatement? Is there any difference between them? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
I got this same email for an application that has been concluded more than a year ago too.
Eilenora:

[color=#770077][/color].

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51