Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1178819 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
@JustMellow
@Lekiboboe
@Anon123
@NairaLuck
@fratermathy
@Frankrobbn1

I salute!

My POF for family of 3 is in my Nigeria bank account while my tuition fee is in my foreign salary account. My plan is to pay my tuition fee from my foreign account before I submit my SP application. My question is do I still need to attach the SOA of the foreign account in my application or I can just talk about it in my SOP?

Ayo ni o !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hello Silvamania, did you indicate that you have taken a language test by ticking yes when you filled your IMM Study Permit application form? If you ticked No? The General IELTS test result that you uploaded, was it written after or before you submitted your application? Please assist to clarify.

silvamania:

I used IELTS General
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Kimkalash:
I feel like crying to be honest. Ethiopian airlines says on its website that one can change date once and pay just the difference in the fares but i called my travel agency now but they re saying i have to pay the change penalty. Thinking of requesting for a refund but it takes 10 business days. VFS Lagos is a bastard agency to be honest. I booked over one month in advance but still, they were being so so cruel

I changed my flight and all I pod was fare difference contact the airline directly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
Good evening everyone. I just made payment for ielts exams, although I registered yesterday and it's to expire after 48 hours and can't be reactivated. So when I emailed them they said they work only Monday to Friday 9-4pm. Now I don't know whether if my application would be terminated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2020
Thanks for this post @JustMellow. That your sponsor's bank does not offer the requested MyBankStatement Certificate, is that reason cogent enough?

I'm asking becuase my hubby is my sponsor and First Bank does not offer this type of statement but my bank offers it and we have a joint account in a bank that offers it too. The only challenge is that these 2 banks does not contain all my proof of financial support which I submitted with my application but they have the 30k CAD combined. The remaining PoF are in several other financial institutions in investment accounts like local & foreign shares, asset management etc.

What do you advise please? Can i still opt for the normal processing channel?

JustMellow:

Hello Oluwaseyitanfun,

I hope I responded as early as possible. The NSE stream is a new pathway that many are still understudying. Nonetheless, almost similar rule(s) that's applicable to SDS is somehow conform to NSE.

Going through the NSE stream isn't a guarantee for an outright approval. The only advantage of this stream is the application and maybe priority.

It depends on your budget, if there is readily available funds, then you may want to take the test. As a newly introduced stream, IRCC may want to do that best to make it attractive by baiting prospect applicants with some level of approvals though this is me only writing what's to the best of my knowledge.

On the other hand, there is no need pressuring to go down the NSE stream if the application has been submitted and if the NSE requirements can't be easily meant at that moment, especially the financial aspect. The NSE message can be ignored and see to point 3 in your post which I absolutely second. The reasons must be cogent and clear.

Irrespective of the tone of the IRCC letter and the deadline stated, I somehow believe other specific checks (i.e. background, security) may likely continue during the hiatus. If you're curious to the outcome of your application quickly or for some reasons you need the swift processing of your application, then you may want to go ahead and take the IELTS test then ensure to meet the financial requirements amongst other secondary requirements not stated as part of the NSE requirements.

I think its almost true that not every applicant is recieving the NSE letter but those likely to get it are those from middle/late October onward. I will disagree on the excerpt that mentioned your friend saying its a positive sign. I believe maybe the said person might be mistaking it for the AIP letter. I believe its a technique by IRCC to promote the awareness of the NSE stream same way they did when Morrocco & Senegal became eligible for SDS and when Indian's SPP was changed to SDS.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Please oh guys, I still have a question. I wrote IELTS last year which meets this NSE requirement but in my application I did not indicate that I had taken a language test and that's because it's not Academic but General. I thought for study it had to be Academic.

Can I use that same IELTS result now if I choose to opt for this NSE stream or should I just request that they should continue with the normal processing channel? Especially since my sponsor's bank does not offer the requested MyBankStatement Certificate. Biko advise ooohh

Time2soar:

Still send one year bank statement and ielts, mybankstatement removes the need for IRCC to verify the statement but a one year statement is still required with the required money even if you can't get mybankstatement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Psychosocial:
Hello guys,
I am preparing my online study application. My program starts May 2021. I have been denied once already in 2018 on the grounds of personal assets and financial status (I got my GCMS notes). At the time, I used an agent then, but I’ll be doing it myself this time.

Since then, I have acquired some personal assets with tangible worth.

I have well over double what it costs ($24KCAD) for yearly upkeep in all my accounts put together.

I plan on applying as a sole-sponsor.

I’m thinking of paying my tuition before applying; but this transaction is not going to be made from any of my accounts

How would this fly if I present the receipt of payment from the school for a full academic year and tender my bank statements that show well enough money for upkeep

All other supporting documents are in order, including Employment letter, Employer references, 5 months payslips, Pension statements, tax clearance certificates, Statements on all my accounts, and property documents and their valuation documents, even an Affidavit of Return, lol…

N.B: My program is a one year M.Eng program to my B.Eng.

Your profile looks good. I think your school tuition receipt should suffix and won't create issues for you. Pay your fees and upload the receipt with your statement of accounts at the proof of funds section.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
Rootiab:
Good evening everyone. I just made payment for ielts exams, although I registered yesterday and it's to expire after 48 hours and can't be reactivated. So when I emailed them they said they work only Monday to Friday 9-4pm. Now I don't know whether if my application would be terminated.

48 hours should be 2 working days, weekend days should not count.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Amylove19: 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2020
Good evening house. I got admission to do a post secondary school diploma in early childhood education in Canada. But I'm advised not to go for it because I might be denied visa. I've been teaching for 7yrs. What if I write a strong sop stating my reason for going for a post secondary diploma. Will it fly? Please who has gotten visa for a post secondary school diploma program. I need urgent answer please. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Amylove19:
Good evening house. I got admission to do a post secondary school diploma in early childhood education in Canada. But I'm advised not to go for it because I might be denied visa. I've been teaching for 7yrs. What if I write a strong sop stating my reason for going for a post secondary diploma. Will it fly? Please who has gotten visa for a post secondary school diploma program. I need urgent answer please. Thank you
I am a living testimony to this. Although they are right that you should go for post graduate diploma but I went for ordinary diploma at NAIT and I have been working for 3 years now and I got approved yesterday... just a few tips
1. Make your SOP concise and straightforward, 1-2 pages should be okay
2. If possible pay your first year tuition
3. Build a good bank account.
4. Read more on this thread (I can’t emphasize this enough)
5. Fill your form righteously don’t hide anything.
6. Last but not the least be prayerful

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
HorlarJP:

Thanks bro, what if i send all the money to her UBA account and then print mybankstatement out, won’t the VO think it’s a lump money or so

you will also send the first bank statement where the money came from and explained why you moved the money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Oh thanks so much for this
Dora14:

I changed my flight and all I pod was fare difference contact the airline directly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
Did you use Ethiopian? If so please help with the number you called them on. Whats their address please?
Dora14:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
TeeMade:
Please oh guys, I still have a question. I wrote IELTS last year which meets this NSE requirement but in my application I did not indicate that I had taken a language test and that's because it's not Academic but General. I thought for study it had to be Academic.

Can I use that same IELTS result now if I choose to opt for this NSE stream or should I just request that they should continue with the normal processing channel? Especially since my sponsor's bank does not offer the requested MyBankStatement Certificate. Biko advise ooohh

Yes you can use the IELTS you wrote last year but I am not sure about the fact that you indicated that you had not taken a language test but you can explain that you thought it is academic that is required if IRCC sent you the NSE letter, you best bet is to try and submit the required documents, it is not advisable to request that they should continue with the normal processing but the choice is your
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mmesomamichael:

Hi I got this mails yesterday, when do you think I will get a collection mail stating that my passport is ready for collection?
Its two mails I got yesterday but I will share the last one I got yesterday. When will I receive a collection mail? embarassed cry

This is where I am too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
Kimkalash:
Did you use Ethiopian? If so please help with the number you called them on. Whats their address please?

Chat with them on Twitter. They are highly responsive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
God's grace and mercy indeed bro. So happy for you and I tap into your testimony oh... Approval toh sure�

adeenzo:

Yes ooo, it has been God all the way.... I had submitted my application before I even knew there was a forum on nairaland for student visa. I felt so bad that only if I knew this before, I would have made my documentation more solid. But we thank God for his grace and mercies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hmmmm... issokai! God dey and He will give us all, the wisdom to do the right thing that will result in our desired approval sharperly. Thanks for the response.

Time2soar:

Yes you can use the IELTS you wrote last year but I am not sure about the fact that you indicated that you had not taken a language test but you can explain that you thought it is academic that is required if IRCC sent you the NSE letter, you best bet is to try and submit the required documents, it is not advisable to request that they should continue with the normal processing but the choice is your
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
3 Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos

Kimkalash:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yemmymo: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please I'd like to know if university of Regina is good to apply for marketing with science majors (O level was in sciences)? I've had about 4 years experience working in internet marketing space and I want to take up a Bsc in marketing. My waec was done in 2012, got into a Uni but didn't get a certificate at the end of my 4 years (story for another day) so in short, I haven't had a post secondary school education.

Again, after getting admission and when applying for visa, does statement of account for POF and the one for school fees needs to be submitted separately?

What are my chances of getting my visa approved anyways?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Makitoperor: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Makitoperor,

I believe you'd get your application processed before 31wks. When the PT was 22wks during the peak of Covid-19, application was still processed as swiftly as possible. Most got responses within a month. If your application stays too long or beyond the class resumption, an updated admission letter may likely be requested, meaning you would have to defer to another academic session.

Don't be bothered, you would likely get a response before class commences.

All the best

Okay...Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:05am On Dec 05, 2020
NairaLuck:

Yes they do accept HND from Nigeria. Conestoga College recognises HND even without evaluation,I am sure of Distinction, Upper Credit and Lower Credit but I am not sure of "Pass" to secure admission.

What course plz?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:16am On Dec 05, 2020
Do we have anyone that has applied for construction mgt @ Conestoga plc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Honney85: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2020
Infact ehn! I still de find who de go and I haven't seen anybody here going to SAIT...... I'm just feeling one kind but God is in control sha. I know this
ConradAce1:

Hope you fine someone. That’s one of the most expensive institutions in that Canada I know.
Who sep no go fear for go they !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Amylove19: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2020
@adaenzo. Thank you soon much for your prompt response. I heard at 15m should be kept, but I have 8m and intend to show landed properties too worth about 16m. Do you think this will be okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by tracy0803409: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2020
Good morning all, pls I need a recommendation for a good university that I can do Masters in Public Health in New Brunswick province, pls pls it's urgent pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 7:55am On Dec 05, 2020
Boss good morning. Have they given you your passport?
Kakokako:

Vfs is yet to contact me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2020
Amylove19:
@adaenzo. Thank you soon much for your prompt response. I heard at 15m should be kept, but I have 8m and intend to show landed properties too worth about 16m. Do you think this will be okay?
Basically what Canada wants you to show is your first year Tuition fees + your living expenses (10,000 CAD) + a little more CAD for miscellaneous..
So yeah 10m should do but if you can build to 15m then please do.
Also make sure you have all documents of your landed properties and it’s value...
If you are self sponsored then good
If someone is going to be sponsoring you, make sure it is someone from your nucleus family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teefinix: 9:53am On Dec 05, 2020
Thank you for the response.
Before I received the NSE mail..I had earlier requested o withdraw m application cos I if it to include m previous US denial. I only included my previous Canada denial I did not read the question thoroughly. I sent a web form asking for a withdrawal 2wks after submission which was acknowledged only or me to get this NSE alert when i was expecting an approal for withdrawal.

My husband now is of the opinion that since eligibility has started i should send a web form stating the refusal i omited before they discover it temslves also write a leter in addition to the ielts and BS i intend to submit..that it obviois my request for withdrawal is not being considered. I did not put a reason for the withdrawl though..

I am in a fix right now don't know the best option to take.
a&e.
Time2soar:

As long as you attach evidence from First Bank as source of the money but I believe if you send the FCMB mybankstatement along with the First Bank investment account, it should be okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 10:04am On Dec 05, 2020
Baphil:
Hello my dear brother, I have sent the documents back to you.
I really apologize for this delay. I saw your mail. And response here today.

Please let me know if the documents are okay.

All the best!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 10:06am On Dec 05, 2020
Dampops:
3 Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos

Call them on web it’s absolutely free on their website

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.