Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,043 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156897 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
For clarity: if a Proficiency letter is directed to a school in canada, how can I use it for another school cos it will carry the address of the school I am applying to just like attached.

Hello Feclela,

Go to the exams and records department of your school and request for it, they will understand. Besides, each school has their letter formats which should contain the receiver's address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:
I just got the pickup message

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201105********* has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 12/4/2020 11:44:43 AM. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Dame24 and others, kindly confirm yours. I'm trying to call them for the tracking number.
I haven’t gotten any email yet, so I called and the agent said they’ve forwarded it for processing already blah blah blah, but she’ll send a reminder message to them lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anony113x: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dame24:

I haven’t gotten any email yet, so I called and the agent said they’ve forwarded it for processing already blah blah blah, but she’ll send a reminder message to them lipsrsealed
That was what they told me the day before yesterday...still nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dame24:

I'm really sorry about this. I honestly thought they would process ours together. VFS is a mad company. Do they randomly do things or what? Don't relent. Send them an email and complain about this. Hopefully, you'll be in the Monday batch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ewu!!!!!! grin grin
Blavkmaann:
Omo i just got the UPS tracking number, nothing concern me and VFS atlesst for now, make una help me thank master Jesus!

Please who knows where I can see mortuary standard Heineken this Friday! I need to celebrate freedom from VFS LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mozidat2301:
Hello everyone in this forum, I appreciate your efforts, may God crown all our efforts with success. Pls I would like to make enquiries about school that offers post graduate diploma in business administration in Canada for my husband, he applied through an agent to memorial University but was denied and we are planning applying now without any agent, pls which school can he apply to , for a post graduate diploma in business administration because he graduated from Polytechnic (HND Bus. Admin) with upper credit .
Your input will be highly appreciated , thanks and we will appreciate university that doesn't require any tuition deposit if possible, thanks and God bless you all

Hello Mozidat2301,

Business Administration in almost all Canadian schools is commonly offered as either a Diploma or Bachelors. His best bet is going for Business Management courses or other related courses. Ensure that you enquire from any DLI of interest on the possibility of accepting an HND into their PGD program. You may want to check with Lambton, Seneca, NBCC, St. Lawrence, Sheridan

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Adeydotun:
TWO QUESTIONS PLEASE!!

Some banks in Nigeria like 'First Bank' are yet to key into the MybankStatement Certificate stuff as required by CIC in the place of the regular bulky SOA.

What can one do if one is having the fund in a bank that couldn't generate this one page document (MyBankStatement)? Can one still go ahead and upload the normal bulky SOA in the place of the MyBankStatement?

Secondly, can one use a different 'MyBankStatement' different from what was previously uploaded in the main application at the time one submitted?

Hello Adeydotun,

If the stipulated requirements are not met, the processing will revert back to the regular processing.

Irrespective of what BS was submitted before, the Mybankstatement can come from a second institution you bank with for as long as it reflects your your name or sponsor (if applicable).

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
daks02:
2 Bedroom/1bath Edmonton Condo for Immediate Rent at $1150 (Including Parking + Utilities).
- Short term lease from January 1st {I'm moving out}
It's a highrise condo very close to the transit center, with superstore at the back and within 2mins walk to the Recreational centre, Edmonton Library and Walmart.
* The Condo has two rooms, closet, balcony and one bath.
* One allocated underground parking + visitor parking pass.
* Insuite Laundry
* All utilities included in the rent
Please where in edmonton, I am attending NAIT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
NairaLuck:

Yes they do accept HND from Nigeria. Conestoga College recognises HND even without evaluation,I am sure of Distinction, Upper Credit and Lower Credit but I am not sure of "Pass" to secure admission.

Good. Those in need of the information will find solace in this piece.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

I'm really sorry about this. I honestly thought they would process ours together. VFS is a mad company. Do they randomly do things or what? Don't relent. Send them an email and complain about this. Hopefully, you'll be in the Monday batch.

Thank you! Dealing with VFS is not for the faint hearted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Those coming behind for passport submission hope you all are learning lessons ooo avoid Lagos VFS as much as you can Biko we are tired of reading complaints about Lagos VFS all timeline na so so Lagos VFS.If you can spend up to passport submission you can close eye and send your passport to better VfS Mbok!!! Na the last stage so just spend to get better services.God will help us all.It will end in praise!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

Thank you Lekan.

I can sleep this weekend with hope of travelling next week Wednesday as rescheduled.

Same day let’s link up

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

Thank you Lekan.

I can sleep this weekend with hope of travelling next week Wednesday as rescheduled.

Same day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

I'm already a MUN student. Since September grin. However, I'm travelling next week.
safe journey. See you there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foladimejiw: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dora14:

I did mine for 6k I mean police report and I still have the Inspectors contact if you want it please reach out

I need the inspector's number pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Its very legal but don't be high when driving. Its a serious offense. However, there is an amount of ounce considered as legal for individual possession.

See information! No problem! We will follow the law

CANADA SEE ME SEE YOU

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

There might be likely possibility but not all institutions offers Post Baccalaureate as a program. Let her intensify her search and contact the DLI on the subject matter. It will help her a lot getting firsthand information on this directly from the school.
Alright JustMellow, Roger that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bluebird13: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Just got my passport back exactly 2 weeks after i sent it. If you have the money, just save yourself the emotional stress and send your documents to the Abuja vfs. They're more reliable and definitely faster than Lagos vfs from the stories I've been reading.

- 20th November: I'm in Abuja so i went to dhl office with my documents (it was a Friday so i didn't expect anything). Paid for 2 way courier.
- 23rd November: Tracked my package through dhl, it was received and signed for by someone in the vfs office.
- 24th November: Got 3 emails from vfs that my package has been sent to ircc.
- 30th November: Another email from vfs that my passport was under process with ircc.
- 2nd December: Email that the decision envelope has been dispatched from ircc to vfs. Counterfoil dropped, and status changed to approved.
- 3rd December: 4 emails from vfs (they sent the same email repeatedly). LOI dropped same day.
- 4th December: Passport received from dhl.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
Just do a normal application with all then required documents but make sure to add your IELTS (people are saying either General or Academic is accepted), then also get your bank statement @MyBankStatement (https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com/ confirm your bank offers the service with that link). I think that should put you in the NSE track automatically.
Or to better still submit a normal application then, while it's still on and you're waiting for biometrics and medicals, do the IELTS and MyBankStatement and upload them on a webform to update you application (I think this is better and faster)
Bawsse:

Thanks for your reply sir.... Really appreciate it.
How do I begin the NSE application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hi guys. For those of you who wrote your IELTS, did you take the colored or the black and white photocopy of your international passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2020
We are learning oooo. Infact my eyes have seen enough.
Lagos will be a no no when I finally get my PPR.
awys:
Those coming behind for passport submission hope you all are learning lessons ooo avoid Lagos VFS as much as you can Biko we are tired of reading complaints about Lagos VFS all timeline na so so Lagos VFS.If you can spend up to passport submission you can close eye and send your passport to better VfS Mbok!!! Na the last stage so just spend to get better services.God will help us all.It will end in praise!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by deepwater(f): 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
recxa:
Hi guys. For those of you who wrote your IELTS, did you take the colored or the black and white photocopy of your international passport?

Go with your original passport
Otherwise u wont enter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Noms11: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
bluebird13:
Just got my passport back exactly 2 weeks after i sent it. If you have the money, just save yourself the emotional stress and send your documents to the Abuja vfs. They're more reliable and definitely faster than Lagos vfs from the stories I've been reading.

- 20th November: I'm in Abuja so i went to dhl office with my documents (it was a Friday so i didn't expect anything). Paid for 2 way courier.
- 23rd November: Tracked my package through dhl, it was received and signed for by someone in the vfs office.
- 24th November: Got 3 emails from vfs that my package has been sent to ircc.
- 30th November: Another email from vfs that my passport was under process with ircc.
- 2nd December: Email that the decision envelope has been dispatched from ircc to vfs. Counterfoil dropped, and status changed to approved.
- 3rd December: 4 emails from vfs (they sent the same email repeatedly). LOI dropped same day.
- 4th December: Passport received from dhl.

It’s a wrap for me! Just got my passport back too. Got PPR 20/11, so exactly two weeks for me too. I also stay in Abuja and used two way courier UPS.

This confirms Abuja is better to send passport to and two way courier is honoured. I paid 3,400.

Wish everyone well!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mozidat2301: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Anon123:

Try Conestoga college
Humber college
Seneca college
Nscc- novia scotia community college etc

For the previous denial, am pretty sure it was purpose of visit. The agent didnt advise you guys properly, your husband is meant to apply for a PGD not a masters in a college

Again most colleges require a tuition deposit, in fact its a necessity now if you want to have a chance for a visa approval
thanks so much, really appreciate your contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Noms11:

It’s a wrap for me! Just got my passport back too. Got PPR 20/11, so exactly two weeks for me too. I also stay in Abuja and used two way courier UPS.

This confirms Abuja is better to send passport to and two way courier is honoured. I paid 3700.

Wish everyone well!

CHAI!

Abuja Folks una dey pepper Lagos Folks oo with una Passport Submission & Return TIMELINE ooooo

Lagos Folks, it will surely end in PRAISES soon smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
How can one do an upfront medical in Abuja? My niece has applied for a study permit in early November but no medical request yet, so I've advised her dad to try and do the upfront medical now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Collins4u1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
What's the estimate fee for getting processing student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mozidat2301: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Mozidat2301,

Business Administration in almost all Canadian schools is commonly offered as either a Diploma or Bachelors. His best bet is going for Business Management courses or other related courses. Ensure that you enquire from any DLI of interest on the possibility of accepting an HND into their PGD program. You may want to check with Lambton, Seneca, NBCC, St. Lawrence, Sheridan

All the best
ok thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mozidat2301:
Hello everyone in this forum, I appreciate your efforts, may God crown all our efforts with success. Pls I would like to make enquiries about school that offers post graduate diploma in business administration in Canada for my husband, he applied through an agent to memorial University but was denied and we are planning applying now without any agent, pls which school can he apply to , for a post graduate diploma in business administration because he graduated from Polytechnic (HND Bus. Admin) with upper credit .
Your input will be highly appreciated , thanks and we will appreciate university that doesn't require any tuition deposit if possible, thanks and God bless you all
Hi,

Visit the link below for

Schools offering PG. Cert in Global Business Management
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Global%20Business%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Schools offering PG. Cert in International Business Management
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=International%20Business%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

PG. Cert in International Business Management
NBCC
(New Brunswick Community College), Saint John, New Brunswick
https://nbcc.ca/programs-courses/program-details?baseCurriculumId=e1bcd7ca-31b1-428b-9c39-ddad42834419

U can also check the link below for this program at Conestoga College

PG. Cert in Strategic Global Business Management @ Conestoga College
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/strategic-global-business-management

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ikechuqu:
How can one do an upfront medical in Abuja? My niece has applied for a study permit in early November but no medical request yet, so I've advised her dad to try and do the upfront medical now.
Hon. IK

This content in the link below answers your question

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/630#96679974
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
This life no balance at all

Noms11:

This confirms Abuja is better to send passport to and two way courier is honoured. I paid 3,400.

Wish everyone well!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dampops:
Have you tried to track the package? Were you able to?

yes , I got a message today today that the package has been collected from the Canada Application center, pls what's the next step to take now?. No new tracking id received

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.