Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1178347 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ifychybrian: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2020
Please I need suggestions on schools that give admission very well I studied Economics and I had 2.1.I recently applied to UNBC but I need another school I can apply again that is good,affordable and give admission to international students very well.Thank jou very much as await responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teefinix: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2020
teefinix:
Thank you for the response.
Before I received the NSE mail..I had earlier requested o withdraw m application cos I if it to include m previous US denial. I only included my previous Canada denial I did not read the question thoroughly. I sent a web form asking for a withdrawal 2wks after submission which was acknowledged only or me to get this NSE alert when i was expecting an approal for withdrawal.

My husband now is of the opinion that since eligibility has started i should send a web form stating the refusal i omited before they discover it temslves also write a leter in addition to the ielts and BS i intend to submit..that it obviois my request for withdrawal is not being considered. I did not put a reason for the withdrawl though..

I am in a fix right now don't know the best option to take.
a&e.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:39am On Dec 05, 2020
ifychybrian:
Please I need suggestions on schools that give admission very well I studied Economics and I had 2.1.I recently applied to UNBC but I need another school I can apply again that is good,affordable and give admission to international students very well.Thank jou very much as await responses
Hi Honorable Ify,

Your Question needs a Based on Experience response,

While u wait for that,

u can visit the link below for skools offering Masters in Economics (Over 45 skools), Google & explore them one by one explicitly
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Economics&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Its very likely it would be required of you to secure a Supervisor Prior to your Master's Admission in those universities listed in the link above

Sequel to that,
The contents in the link below would be your plug

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities, Secure a Supervisor and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2020
Sirromey:
Boss good morning. Have they given you your passport?

They've contacted me but not with the pickup email. Though I've paid the money, I'll be sending the documents like Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 05, 2020
teefinix:
Before I received the NSE mail..I had earlier requested o withdraw m application cos I if it to include m previous US denial. I only included my previous Canada denial I did not read the question thoroughly. I sent a web form asking for a withdrawal 2wks after submission which was acknowledged only or me to get this NSE alert when i was expecting an approal for withdrawal.

My husband now is of the opinion that since eligibility has started i should send a web form stating the refusal i omited before they discover it temslves also write a leter in addition to the ielts and BS i intend to submit..that it obviois my request for withdrawal is not being considered. I did not put a reason for the withdrawl though..

a&e.

Since they sent you the NSE letter, that gives you a window to sent documents through your application rather than through web form. Make sure you explain clearly your initial withdrawal request and why you initiated the request because of the error of omission concerning the US visa refusal. You can send the letter of explanation through web form and also attach it with any of the documents required for NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ifychybrian: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2020
[Thank you for the response and I will look into it
quote author=Lekiboboe post=96751912]
Hi Honorable Ify,

While u wait for that,

u can visit the link below for skools offering Masters in Economics (Over 45 skools), Google & explore them one by one explicitly
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Economics&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Its very likely it would be required of you to secure a Supervisor Prior to your Master's Admission in those universities listed in the link above

Sequel to that,

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities, Secure a Supervisor and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2020
ifychybrian:
[Thank you for the response and I will look into it
quote author=Lekiboboe post=96751912]
Hi Honorable Ify,

While u wait for that,

Sequel to that,

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

U are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:26am On Dec 05, 2020
Psychosocial:
Hello guys,
I am preparing my online study application. My program starts May 2021. I have been denied once already in 2018 on the grounds of personal assets and financial status (I got my GCMS notes). At the time, I used an agent then, but I’ll be doing it myself this time.

Since then, I have acquired some personal assets with tangible worth.

I have well over double what it costs ($24KCAD) for yearly upkeep in all my accounts put together.

I plan on applying as a sole-sponsor.

I’m thinking of paying my tuition before applying; but this transaction is not going to be made from any of my accounts

How would this fly if I present the receipt of payment from the school for a full academic year and tender my bank statements that show well enough money for upkeep

All other supporting documents are in order, including Employment letter, Employer references, 5 months payslips, Pension statements, tax clearance certificates, Statements on all my accounts, and property documents and their valuation documents, even an Affidavit of Return, lol…

N.B: My program is a one year M.Eng program to my B.Eng.

Hello Psychosocial,

I think you're on the right track. Go on as said, it will fly.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chizzymuna: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2020
Good morning all, please how long those it take to receive GCM note. how many days or months. Please someone should answer getting confused because an agent applied for the note since 14th October but I haven't gotten a feed back. I am worried, need the note to reapply January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2020
canadasool:
@JustMellow
@Lekiboboe
@Anon123
@NairaLuck
@fratermathy
@Frankrobbn1

I salute!

My POF for family of 3 is in my Nigeria bank account while my tuition fee is in my foreign salary account. My plan is to pay my tuition fee from my foreign account before I submit my SP application. My question is do I still need to attach the SOA of the foreign account in my application or I can just talk about it in my SOP?

Ayo ni o !

Hello Canadasool,

As long as you have sufficient funds in your Nigerian bank account, submitting your foreign bank account used in paying your tuition fees would give your application some level of financial credibility whether or not the closing balance is sufficient.

I feel you should include it.

All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2020
Thanks so much for your response. I will do just that since it's at no cost.

JustMellow:

Hello Canadasool,

As long as you have sufficient funds in your Nigerian bank account, submitting your foreign bank account used in paying your tuition fees would give your application some level of financial credibility whether or not the closing balance is sufficient.

I feel you should include it.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2020
TeeMade:
Thanks for this post @JustMellow. That your sponsor's bank does not offer the requested MyBankStatement Certificate, is that reason cogent enough?

I'm asking becuase my hubby is my sponsor and First Bank does not offer this type of statement but my bank offers it and we have a joint account in a bank that offers it too. The only challenge is that these 2 banks does not contain all my proof of financial support which I submitted with my application but they have the 30k CAD combined. The remaining PoF are in several other financial institutions in investment accounts like local & foreign shares, asset management etc.

What do you advise please? Can i still opt for the normal processing channel?

Hello TeeMade,

I have read good advises doled out by some members here, and the provided information were rich. I think you should heed to it.

In addition, you can move the funds to the bank that offers the MBS and include a single page that contained the transfer history as reasons for the lump sum transfer between your accounts. If possible, clear highlight or mark out the column of the transaction for easily visibility. You can as well decide to merge a very succinct LOE to explain the fund movement and the provide evidence in attachment.

Another option based on your question is to sitback and have your application be processed via the regular stream.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2020
TeeMade:
Please oh guys, I still have a question. I wrote IELTS last year which meets this NSE requirement but in my application I did not indicate that I had taken a language test and that's because it's not Academic but General. I thought for study it had to be Academic.

Can I use that same IELTS result now if I choose to opt for this NSE stream or should I just request that they should continue with the normal processing channel? Especially since my sponsor's bank does not offer the requested MyBankStatement Certificate. Biko advise ooohh

If you think the NSE is worth it, the GT would suffice. Technically, you are applying for immigration under a sub-category of SP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Motun667: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
My sponsor is try to use 12million as a pof but it was in a fixed deposit for about 5years but recently changed to a personal account .my problem is that there is no inflow and outflow because my school fees plus expenses is about 8.2million ...can she put her own company account statements together with the personal account but the company closing balance is about 2 or three million because she uses it for business well but the inflow and outflow is like 30m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
Amylove19:
Good evening house. I got admission to do a post secondary school diploma in early childhood education in Canada. But I'm advised not to go for it because I might be denied visa. I've been teaching for 7yrs. What if I write a strong sop stating my reason for going for a post secondary diploma. Will it fly? Please who has gotten visa for a post secondary school diploma program. I need urgent answer please. Thank you

Hello Amylove19,

Though a Diploma isn't advisable because of its slim chance to success, its not also impossible to get a successful outcome. Some few have been able to address it with a good worded letter.

However, if for obvious reason(s) you can't change the program, ensure you do extra research in order to be able to drive the nail in. But I think you should change it.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
teefinix:

a&e.

Hello Teefinix,

Aproval for an application to be withdrawn may not be granted if the application has gotten to a crucial processing stage that could lead to making a decision, esp in eligibility stage. I don't know if this applies to your situation.

Since, you gotten the NSE, and if you intend to continue with the application, you may want to re-fill a fresh from and tick what's appropriate and correct. You can include a succinct LOE couple with the requested documents.

Either way, one thing is certain, if the withdrawal of the application was later granted or if the processing continued, you must surely get a decision.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
I salute!

Can my scenario be deemed as academic/career progression?

I owned a B.Tech in Estate Management (2.2), graduated 2014 and completed NYSC in the year 2016.

Employed as a Real Estate Broker abroad between the year 2016 - till November 2020

Right now I work (abroad) as the PRO in a Real Estate Company.

My LOA is in International Business Management.

Please share your thought.

Ayo ni o!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
Chizzymuna:
Good morning all, please how long those it take to receive GCM note. how many days or months. Please someone should answer getting confused because an agent applied for the note since 14th October but I haven't gotten a feed back. I am worried, need the note to reapply January.

Hello Chizzymuna,

It usually takes up to 30 - 35 days max. Though during the lockdown, some got it within 16 days while few took longer. I think the unprecedented delay is from IRCC if you're so sure the agent requested for it.

If you have available funds, you could request again.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
Motun667:
My sponsor is try to use 12million as a pof but it was in a fixed deposit for about 5years but recently changed to a personal account .my problem is that there is no inflow and outflow because my school fees plus expenses is about 8.2million ...can she put her own company account statements together with the personal account but the company closing balance is about 2 or three million because she uses it for business well but the inflow and outflow is like 30m

Hello Motun667,

The liquidation certificate/document should be included to support the funds in the personal account. In one or two sentences, explain the funds liquidation in your Letter.

Adding the company account demonstrates that there is a reliable source of funds as well as a justifiable evidence for it.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
canadasool:
I salute!

Can my scenario be deemed as academic/career progression?

I owned a B.Tech in Estate Management (2.2), graduated 2014 and completed NYSC in the year 2016.

Employed as a Real Estate Broker abroad between the year 2016 - till November 2020

Right now I work (abroad) as the PRO in a Real Estate Company.

My LOA is in International Business Management.

Please share your thought.

Ayo ni o!

Hello Canadasool,

Assessing your application based on your work experience, there is no correlation. The good thing about business and management programs is that all professions has a blend of these two programs incorporated into their daily functions and activities. You could use it as a factor upon which your intent to study the course lies.

BTW, maybe you should also consider the EE route and get points for your foreign work experience.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Thanks so much for your invaluable contribution. Reading more on the bolded.

JustMellow:

Hello Canadasool,

Assessing your application based on your work experience, there is no correlation. The good thing about business and management programs is that all professions has a blend of these two programs incorporated into their daily functions and activities. You could use it as a factor upon which your intent to study the course lies.

BTW, maybe you should also consider the EE route and get points for your foreign work experience.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ok. Hope that one won't take forever. What documents did they ask for?
Kakokako:

They've contacted me but not with the pickup email. Though I've paid the money, I'll be sending the documents like Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Good afternoon NL.

When someone gets the NSE, is that an indicator that the eligibility review has in a way commenced?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hello people,

@justmellow
@frankbonn
@lekkiboboe
For those that have made travel plans, Is it true that IRCC now requires that we show proof of funds at the point of entry? Please see the information in the screenshot below from UBC, looks like we have to provide the banks statement that we used to apply and a new one, how true is this?
I also saw similar information on IRCC(second snapshot) but IRCC just says “you must show proof of funds” they did not request for 30days statement or any specifics. My question is : will it be sufficient to show them the same bank stmt that i submitted when i applied?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hello guys, i was advised by a friend to write ielts general for my nse application since they did not specify what ielts exam i should write. What do you guys think? should i go for general or i should opt for academic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wadogho: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hi dear, did you apply to the NSE stream yourself or you used an agent? Please drop your email let's communicate more!

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wadogho: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hi dear, did you apply by yourself or you used an agent? Please drop your email let's talk more! Thank you.
silvamania:
Good morning all,

I got a message for additional documents regarding Nigeria Students Express Entry

I am to submit one year bank statements
IELTS

I want to inquire if my IELTS ( General) will work or what line of action can I take ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hi John.

To the best of my knowing. IELTS general is for immigration purpose. IELTS academic is what you're required to write since you're going to school.

JohnErrin:
Hello guys, i was advised by a friend to write ielts general for my nse application since they did not specify what ielts exam i should write. What do you guys think? should i go for general or i should opt for academic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2020
Please how long does it take to get travel funds from gtbank and is it only dollars they exchange or can they give Canadian dollars? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
canadasool:
Hi John.

To the best of my knowing. IELTS general is for immigration purpose. IELTS academic is what you're required to write since you're going to school.

This is not true. For NSE both suffices. General gives you added benefits if you want to use it for Express entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hello guys!

I’ve just been approved, Yh, and my passport is on its way back

But is like I no wan go again?
How can I ask for a refund of al the money I’ve spent!

Please I need sharp answers

I want to use the money to do Detty December, I’ll apply again in January, but for now I need my money back!

Thank u

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.