Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
I just got the pickup message

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201105********* has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 12/4/2020 11:44:43 AM. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Dame24 and others, kindly confirm yours. I'm trying to call them for the tracking number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
silvamania:

Congratulations in arrears

Are you going to St John , New Brunswick??

Not. It's the one at Newfoundland

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Wow, You are alrdy a Celeb even bfor arriving St. John cheesy (that's on a lighter note).

Quite unfortunate, one can't depend on a Nigerian Structure to get things done on time,

I pray God perfect things ASAP for you and everyone else expected to travel soon

Thank you Lekan.

I can sleep this weekend with hope of travelling next week Wednesday as rescheduled.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Hi Rebecausoro, I sincerely empathize with you about rescheduling your flight due to Lagos VFS sloppy attitude. Please the new people with PPR kindly save yourself the mental torture send your passport elsewhere to Abuja, Ghana, anywhere except Lagos VFS. I guess we were the "test samples" for the others. Cos if I had known, I would never send my passport to Lagos VFS.

Thanks for the kind words. I've been depressed sef. Exam starts on Monday. I've asked my professors to delay my exam by a week because if I write in this mood, I may not be at my best. They were all understanding and gave me the time.

Check your email for update from VFS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201105********* has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 12/4/2020 11:44:43 AM. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Dame24 and others, kindly confirm yours. I'm trying to call them for the tracking number.

I just got this mail too! I’m calling them but same old story!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olaa123: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Please for IELTS...which is simpler
Academic or General?
Thank you in anticipation of your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daks02: 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
2 Bedroom/1bath Edmonton Condo for Immediate Rent at $1150 (Including Parking + Utilities).
- Short term lease from January 1st {I'm moving out}
It's a highrise condo very close to the transit center, with superstore at the back and within 2mins walk to the Recreational centre, Edmonton Library and Walmart.
* The Condo has two rooms, closet, balcony and one bath.
* One allocated underground parking + visitor parking pass.
* Insuite Laundry
* All utilities included in the rent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

Who would have thought VFS would keep my passport for over a month? I didn't see this coming at all. My course mates even got me a welcome to St. John's package but they'd have to keep it till next week. I had everything well planned and made these plans one month ago. Here I am today, at the mercy of VFS. It is well. Akan owo ikanna abasi. Everything is in God's hands. The worst part is already over.
are you going to memorial?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
Makitoperor:

Should I just defer The admission or I should also Send in the new admission letter into my visa application when I get??
And can I be rejected cause for the admission letter

I deferred my admission from Fall 2020 to Fall 2021, the new admission letter came, I sent it via webforms to IRCC notifying them that I’ve deferred, when my approval came it was 2 years!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

I just got this mail too! I’m calling them but same old story!

I called them via the second number and got mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
Rootiab:
are you going to memorial?

I'm already a MUN student. Since September grin. However, I'm travelling next week.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
I just got mine too

rebecausoro:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Oluwaseyitanfun:

I have a question please and it is urgent .. I got the NSE mail 3days ago, but I got my admission without ielts. I was initially preparing for my ielts (General) because I intended going through the EE route, but I eventually opted for study permit.

I have a month as deadline to submit the request and I've actually concluded on writing ielts as soon as possible. Now to my questions :
1 - is it advisable I write the ielts now just to fast track my application?

2 - does it mean my application won't be attended to till after the one month deadline that was given?

3 - Can I write to them to just continue the normal process since I do not have all the requirements(which is only the ielts).

4 - A friend said it's not everyone that's receiving the request and if an applicant receives the NSE request, it only means the applicant is likely to be given the study permit. Is this true? I'm so sorry for my questions, I'm just confused.

Thanks a bunch, as I am anticipating your response.

Hello Oluwaseyitanfun,

I hope I responded as early as possible. The NSE stream is a new pathway that many are still understudying. Nonetheless, almost similar rule(s) that's applicable to SDS is somehow conform to NSE.

Going through the NSE stream isn't a guarantee for an outright approval. The only advantage of this stream is the application and maybe priority.

It depends on your budget, if there is readily available funds, then you may want to take the test. As a newly introduced stream, IRCC may want to do that best to make it attractive by baiting prospect applicants with some level of approvals though this is me only writing what's to the best of my knowledge.

On the other hand, there is no need pressuring to go down the NSE stream if the application has been submitted and if the NSE requirements can't be easily meant at that moment, especially the financial aspect. The NSE message can be ignored and see to point 3 in your post which I absolutely second. The reasons must be cogent and clear.

Irrespective of the tone of the IRCC letter and the deadline stated, I somehow believe other specific checks (i.e. background, security) may likely continue during the hiatus. If you're curious to the outcome of your application quickly or for some reasons you need the swift processing of your application, then you may want to go ahead and take the IELTS test then ensure to meet the financial requirements amongst other secondary requirements not stated as part of the NSE requirements.

I think its almost true that not every applicant is recieving the NSE letter but those likely to get it are those from middle/late October onward. I will disagree on the excerpt that mentioned your friend saying its a positive sign. I believe maybe the said person might be mistaking it for the AIP letter. I believe its a technique by IRCC to promote the awareness of the NSE stream same way they did when Morrocco & Senegal became eligible for SDS and when Indian's SPP was changed to SDS.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Omo i just got the UPS tracking number, nothing concern me and VFS atlesst for now, make una help me thank master Jesus!

Please who knows where I can see mortuary standard Heineken this Friday! I need to celebrate freedom from VFS LAGOS

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:
Omo i just got the UPS tracking number, nothing concern me and VFS atlesst for now, make una help me thank master Jesus!

Please who knows where I can see mortuary standard Heineken this Friday! I need to celebrate freedom from VFS LAGOS

Is your tracking number working? Mine is saying "not found". Or maybe they'll update it later.

It feels good to be free from the Village Fellows Society (VFS Lagos).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daks02: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

The tracking no is it working on UPS site, the one the VFS agent gave me isn’t working o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2020
The girl I spoke to said it won’t work now until close of business today!

I think it’s only normal, they have to receive and sort!

My own too is showing same message
I want to confirm Rebecca, you’re is 11 characters bah

10 numbers and one letter (my letter is W)

Coz as she read am finish the mumu cut
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Heineken(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

bro Heineken dey here.pls Drop your boy at all make I wash am with you...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

I called them via the second number and got mine.
They are talking about visa, what number will I press?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daks02: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

Mine was the same no! Ok thanks sha. Let’s wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mmesomamichael:

Just press the following keys if you get that general visa message

And speak to an agent. Ask the agent to transfer you to a Canada agent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

Same thing here. As she called the tracking number, the line went off. Very crazy people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Heineken:
bro Heineken dey here.pls Drop your boy at all make I wash am with you...

Nigerians and washing

We go do small thing by Christmas sha!

All of us for here , we go just block for one small place.... i fit chest the first bottle form everybody! 2020 has indeed been a great year

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mmesomamichael:

My dear pick any country, the South African girl know me....only she by herself Dey redirect me

By the way, those people’s office Dey but with calls, the South African chic was trying to redirect me, I just Dey here

“Welcome to the kini kini kini how can I help you”
“Welcome to the kini kini kini how can I help you”

Then go dey cry for there!

Then get luck say no b Warri their office Dey, I trust my boys, we for don go burn am tey tey

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Heineken(m): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

Nigerians and washing

We go do small thing by Christmas sha!

All of us for here , we go just block for one small place.... i fit chest the first bottle form everybody! 2020 has indeed been a great year
hahahahaha you ehn boss. Naija can wash? Nice one baba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

Just press the following keys if you get that general visa message

And speak to an agent. Ask the agent to transfer you to a Canada agent
This people are just mad, I asked their customer care after much attempt, they picked but it was for US, so I told them to transfer to a Canada agent, it rang but no response. This is making it 4 times this is happening just today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
Makitoperor:
Good morning everyone,
So I submitted my studyVisa application online on the last week of October I was able to do also do my biometric on the 10th of November.. but the issue now is I don’t know how long it takes for the processing but I saw it take at least three months On the internet and I do not have up to three months on my admission letter cause it expires on the 13th of January.. what can I do about this.. pls I need ideas

Hello Makitoperor,

I believe you'd get your application processed before 31wks. When the PT was 22wks during the peak of Covid-19, application was still processed as swiftly as possible. Most got responses within a month. If your application stays too long or beyond the class resumption, an updated admission letter may likely be requested, meaning you would have to defer to another academic session.

Don't be bothered, you would likely get a response before class commences.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mmesomamichael:

This people are just mad, I asked their customer care after much attempt, they picked but it was for US, so I told them to transfer to a Canada agent, it rang but no response. This is making it 4 times this is happening just today
Just to send email, your passport is ready for collection since how many days, it's now an issue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
rebecausoro:

Is your tracking number working? Mine is saying "not found". Or maybe they'll update it later.

It feels good to be free from the Village Fellows Society (VFS Lagos).
This new full meaning u gave VFS no be hear at all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Oluwaseyitanfun,

I hope I responded as early as possible. The NSE stream is a new pathway that many are still understudying. Nonetheless, almost similar rule(s) that's applicable to SDS is somehow conform to NSE.

Going through the NSE stream isn't a guarantee for an outright approval. The only advantage of this stream is the application and maybe priority.

It depends on your budget, if there is readily available funds, then you may want to take the test. As a newly introduced stream, IRCC may want to do that best to make it attractive by baiting prospect applicants with some level of approvals though this is me only writing what's to the best of my knowledge.

On the other hand, there is no need pressuring to go down the NSE stream if the application has been submitted and if the NSE requirements can't be easily meant at that moment, especially the financial aspect. The NSE message can be ignored and see to point 3 in your post which I absolutely second. The reasons must be cogent and clear.

Irrespective of the tone of the IRCC letter and the deadline stated, I somehow believe other specific checks (i.e. background, security) may likely continue during the hiatus. If you're curious to the outcome of your application quickly or for some reasons you need the swift processing of your application, then you may want to go ahead and take the IELTS test then ensure to meet the financial requirements amongst other secondary requirements not stated as part of the NSE requirements.

I think its almost true that not every applicant is recieving the NSE letter but those likely to get it are those from middle/late October onward. I will disagree on the excerpt that mentioned your friend saying its a positive sign. I believe maybe the said person might be mistaking it for the AIP letter. I believe its a technique by IRCC to promote the awareness of the NSE stream same way they did when Morrocco & Senegal became eligible for SDS and when Indian's SPP was changed to SDS.

All the best

Well said Chief but like I said we are all here to learn.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good morning to y'all

I got a question

Can someone with an HND do a Post-Baccalaureate program ?

I got a friend who has an HND in Microbiology, and wants to do a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Food Bioscience at Dalhousie University

Based on her HND qualification, is she eligible for a Post Baccalaureate Program?

Thanks

There might be likely possibility but not all institutions offers Post Baccalaureate as a program. Let her intensify her search and contact the DLI on the subject matter. It will help her a lot getting firsthand information on this directly from the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:
I heard igbo is legal in Canada

I’m asking for a friend

Its very legal but don't be high when driving. Its a serious offense. However, there is an amount of ounce considered as legal for individual possession.

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.