Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160420 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Were you able to reach them eventually? I was able to speak with one of their agents around 2:50 pm and she told me my passport was still in transit from Abuja to Lagos since Thursday, December 3rd. She also said it takes approximately 5 working days for them to receive the passport. Sincerely I don't know what to do to expedite the process .........
Dame24:

This is the 3rd time South Africa and Schengen will pick up, they’ll transfer the call and the automated message will say they’re unavailable. The last person asked if I was able to reach them via chat, so I’m not sure the Canada vac will pick up anytime soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
Longjonjoe:
@frankrobbn1 please, the 2nd page of the consent form, i know I’ll fill ot but this last page, where should i fill? And am i to print it twice, fill it twice and submit the two copies when submitting my passport
My question is that this consent form looks exactly like the one I filled when I went for Biometrics..wondering why everyone is filling and requesting for it again...abi it's another consent form ni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
Were you able to reach them eventually? I was able to speak with one of their agents around 2:50 pm and she told me my passport was still in transit from Abuja to Lagos since Thursday, December 3rd. She also said it takes approximately 5 working days for them to receive the passport. Sincerely I don't know what to do to expedite the process .........

I wasn’t able to, what they told me on Friday was that UPS will pickup from them Friday or Monday. They sent the ready for collection mail last Monday. I don’t even understand them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daks02: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2020
Hey, i sent you a PM.

rebecausoro:

Next tomorrow. That story will definitely follow grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 11:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
I hope you receive your passport this week. All is well.
Dame24:

I wasn’t able to, what they told me on Friday was that UPS will pickup from them Friday or Monday. They sent the ready for collection mail last Monday. I don’t even understand them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
I hope you receive your passport this week. All is well.
Thank you! I hope you do too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tcrown2020(f): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2020
Hello house, Please I have a 15 year old daughter currently in SS3. She'll be writing Wasce in May 2021. She intends to study 2 year Practical nursing in one of the Canafian colleges . Please what her her chances of getting a Visa for this. Thanks & God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 11:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Blavkmaann:
UPS GUY JUST CALLED ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN THE HOUSE THAT HE IS COMING!

I’m boiling rice for him, I want to suprise him

Hahah. How far with that rice? You always make my day. Sure you were more than excited today. Congrats. I hope to share my own good news by May 2021.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:04am On Dec 08, 2020
Tcrown2020:
Hello house, Please I have a 15 year old daughter currently in SS3. She'll be writing Wasce in May 2021. She intends to study 2 year Practical nursing in one of the Canafian colleges . Please what her her chances of getting a Visa for this. Thanks & God bless
[sub][/sub]

With this, you chances are super slim to impossible alas purpose of visit

Why not a bsc in a university instead of college and a pre-nursing cos canada dont offer nursing to internationals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:06am On Dec 08, 2020
KRTL:
Pls explain this agent and Ontario college thing to me,cos I am applying to Humber college. Pls I need to understand.thank you

Its simple.. Go to the program you want to apply and click on apply.. It will direct you to the Ontario college portal. You fill your details and it takes you to your school admission portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anony113x: 12:18am On Dec 08, 2020
Dame24:

bro I dey same condition with you..let's see how tomorrow goes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 12:27am On Dec 08, 2020
collected my sis passport, yesterday afternoon, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the success of this job. God bless you all.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 08, 2020
Hello sir @Frankrobbn1

I'll like to send you an email, please.

Frankrobbn1:

Have you requested for the visa officer's case notes (GCMS NOTES) to be aware of what's stalling the application from reaching a conclusive decision? In the event that you're yet to do so, I will recommend you order for your file as soon as possible. Once you've received it, do well to share with the knowledgeable members of this thread, so we can tell you the actual facts of your application.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beekay854: 12:32am On Dec 08, 2020
Hello guys. Please your help is needed.

Can someone who was denied entry into the US (tourist visa)at the POE 3 years ago (with a 5 years ban) apply for a study permit in Canada?

P.S passport was seized,so application will be on a new passport (with old passport number on it)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hollyholy: 12:47am On Dec 08, 2020
NairaLuck:

Not at all.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 1:05am On Dec 08, 2020
mankind5050:
February
owolabia (paper application since February
Kakokako (Feb 14)

March
Cyndieee

May
Dameelee (May 18)

June
Ifelajulo

July
SKEPTA (applied july 16th)
bisolaemilia
Eilenora (Applied July, approved)

September
Elizdee (APPLIED on 11th SEPT WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC)
Adeenzo (APPLIED IN SEPT 7th WITH PREVIOUS BIOMETRIC) -Approved in Dec (No changes in cic account
1oak has been asked to provide IELTS to process as NSE (delayed)
goodbetterbest (and 2 children)

Oct applicants:
Olasubomy applied Oct 4, submitted NSE on 26 Nov, approved on 7th dec
Legacyedition:
MadeMan01 (9th oct with upfront medical)
silvamania 4th (did upfront medical) Eligibility started on dec 1
Longjonjoe (did upfront medical)
iampaulsmith (oct 19th)
Debbyiiii (oct 28th)
Mankind5050 (oct 29) eligibility started on 7th Nov
TeeMade (Oct 29,NSE request on dec 1st
JohnErrin Oct 29th for jan 18th resumption) NSE requested
kelvine95
OtunbaTee
OBANLABAMIDELE2 (2nd oct)
Makitoperor (last week)
Recxa Oct 15(did upfront medicals after submission)
Awys Oct 12
Nov
Sharonyeah
Time2soar
Olaa123

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oluwayemisi0507: 1:23am On Dec 08, 2020
Hi all,
I am a newbie on this platform. A friend of mine that got approved in November told me about how helpful this platform was to her.
I already applied on November 26 against winter 2021 (I know its late�) I also regret not getting information from this platform before applying. I just saw someone talk about affidavit of return.

I want to know what to do while waiting.
Should I do upfront medicals? I just saw that I'll need to take along my international passport and proof of payment.
How do I pay for the medicals?
Is it a must I get NSE request or not everyone gets it?
Should I go ahead with ielts test?

P:S I have deferred my admission to January 2021 from September 2020 and the school says I can't defer again.
Hence, why I need to work on my application ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 3:03am On Dec 08, 2020
Oh! There's a WhatsApp group? Make una add me oh biko.

I am certain we'll see in NB for this January start date by God's grace. Yes, the province does offer amazing opportunities, I'm glad God ordered my steps there without me even knowing all of it.

It will surely end in praise...

silvamania:

Yes am also going for MBA @ Saint john,NB. Same January resumption date. Am also inside the whatsapp group

Hopefully we get good result soon and go over there.

The province offers lots of opportunities

All the best to everybody
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Testimonytime: 3:05am On Dec 08, 2020
Pls I will like to check out out my chances before going on with my application for study permit.

I am a 40+ year old law graduate. I graduated since 2002, and practiced law from 2006 till 2017, I even registered a law firm in 2015.
I resigned from my law practice and got job in a restaurant in 2018, this was because iv been doing catering business alongside my law practice as a matter of passion, I had several local certificates of training. I left my law practice and joined a cooking outfit with the plan of having mine in the nearest future, within this two years of intense cooking business, iv had several online international classes including a professional cook certified course which I did for 6 months, I recently registered a restaurant / catering outfit though I have not started operating this cos I’m still working at the restaurant. I need to upgrade to an international chef hopefully, Iv decided to school in Canada for several reasons not limited to relocating. My fear is I couldn’t get to do a Pgd but a college diploma since it’s entirely different from my degree. My husband will be my co sponsor, I will want to apply with my children but not with hubby. Will gap study / age/ college not limit my chances?

My claim may sound ridiculous, but I can indeed defend both old and new career, with pay slips, salary payment etc. I feel I have a very strong and convincing SOP. I have admissions at 2 colleges already. Getting a year mybankstatement with requisite balance will also not be an issue.

Pls gurus should advice plssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 3:08am On Dec 08, 2020
A little above 31k but this changes every year, so it might not be the exact same amount for new intakes.

All the best...

nickvanilla:

Please how much are their fees for MBA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 3:10am On Dec 08, 2020
Any November that has gotten Any response this guys? Omo I don refresh email tire ... I don’t even know if I should do medical upfront or just wait for them... Sch is resuming January 18th .. I have a month to that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 4:01am On Dec 08, 2020
House, please is it a must IELTS test should be taken for study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lamlohlah: 4:20am On Dec 08, 2020
Yh , the application was rejected yesterday.

Applied Nov 7th.

Second application. I don tire

Byefelicia:
Any November that has gotten Any response this guys? Omo I don refresh email tire ... I don’t even know if I should do medical upfront or just wait for them... Sch is resuming January 18th .. I have a month to that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 4:22am On Dec 08, 2020
demure178:
House, please is it a must IELTS test should be taken for study visa?

if you want to use the normal route then you don’t need IELTS, but if you want to use the Nigerian Student Express route (NSE), Then you need it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 4:25am On Dec 08, 2020
OtunbaTee:

My question is that this consent form looks exactly like the one I filled when I went for Biometrics..wondering why everyone is filling and requesting for it again...abi it's another consent form ni?

It’s a different form

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:01am On Dec 08, 2020
KRTL:
Pls explain this agent and Ontario college thing to me,cos I am applying to Humber college. Pls I need to understand.thank you
If they insist on agent, and you're not comfortable with it, then apply to another school.
Lambton College told me to contact their agent here, agent said 60k first to start anything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 5:44am On Dec 08, 2020
SKEPTA:

if you want to use the normal route then you don’t need IELTS, but if you want to use the Nigerian Student Express route (NSE), Then you need it.

But can I submit before doing th ielts exam? Cuz all my application is ready to be submitted, just found out of the ielts thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 5:45am On Dec 08, 2020
lamlohlah:

Applied Nov 7th.

Was it NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 5:46am On Dec 08, 2020
demure178:

But can I submit before doing th ielts exam? Cuz all my application is ready to be submitted, just found out of the ielts thing.

yes you can, it will be processed through the normal study permit route I suppose
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 6:34am On Dec 08, 2020
awys:

It is ooo as I got the NSE request letter this morning yes I have done biometrics in my previous Application.

Okay.
It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 6:38am On Dec 08, 2020
lamlohlah:

Applied Nov 7th.

What did they stated as the reason (s) for refusing your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:47am On Dec 08, 2020
Testimonytime:
Pls I will like to check out out my chances before going on with my application for study permit.

I am a 40+ year old law graduate. I graduated since 2002, and practiced law from 2006 till 2017, I even registered a law firm in 2015.
I resigned from my law practice and got job in a restaurant in 2018, this was because iv been doing catering business alongside my law practice as a matter of passion, I had several local certificates of training. I left my law practice and joined a cooking outfit with the plan of having mine in the nearest future, within this two years of intense cooking business, iv had several online international classes including a professional cook certified course which I did for 6 months, I recently registered a restaurant / catering outfit though I have not started operating this cos I’m still working at the restaurant. I need to upgrade to an international chef hopefully, Iv decided to school in Canada for several reasons not limited to relocating. My fear is I couldn’t get to do a Pgd but a college diploma since it’s entirely different from my degree. My husband will be my co sponsor, I will want to apply with my children but not with hubby. Will gap study / age/ college not limit my chances?

My claim may sound ridiculous, but I can indeed defend both old and new career, with pay slips, salary payment etc. I feel I have a very strong and convincing SOP. I have admissions at 2 colleges already. Getting a year mybankstatement with requisite balance will also not be an issue.

Pls gurus should advice plssss
Actually there are PG. Cert programs in Food & Catering field you can go for

See the content in the link below for
Food , Culinary Related PG. Cert. Programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/446#95364418

I don't know if going for a College Diploma would suffice base on your age and other factors

Do await a professional & based on experience advice/suggestions on your question from the Gurus & Members in house

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.