Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155979 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mimi1234: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=heidepaper post=95360563]Hello,

Welcome.

At the bottom of this page, there are numbers. Click on 1 and it will take you to the beginning of the thread. You can start reading from there.

I doubt there are scholarships for the course you mentioned

@lekkiboe usually helps suggest courses, before he responds, kindly do a google search of the course and add Canada in front, then search. Related courses will come up.

Do you have work experience with this course? Or a business? With proof (business registration document)If yes, very good.

Usually the course you are pursuing should be related to your previous study or work experience. Else the visa officer will wonder why the sudden switch. Of course if you can explain with convincing proof and evidence then you are good to go.

Since you have a 2.2, you should be looking at post graduate diplomas or post graduate certificate courses
All the best. From my google search most courses I saw in the field were ordinary diploma. And diploma is lower than the BSc you already have, it might cause some problems when applying for the visa. Wait for others in the house to advice.

All the best
I have a registered business in this field and have two certificates from past trainings as well . Would you rather advice i leave it and choose another course to prevent any cause for rejection ? The reason am choosing to do this course is because this has been my handwork and a side hustle that brings in little cash. I would like to become an expert in this field , hence that is why i choose the course . Better suggestions are strongly welcomed !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Smileyin:
Please can someone recommend graduate schools for Computer science course that I can apply to. Its been way too long, got close and then I thought I needed to start over cause I couldn't do medicals since I was with child and half the tests wouldn't have been possible. This fate of mine has to change asap. My career is important to me and Canada has been my first choice from day 1 else I would have tried the USA. Its beginning to feel somehow. Closest I've gotten is medical request. Maybe I should do upfront medicals this time although I don't plan on getting pregnant again.

Cc: Lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ujay77: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello everyone,please has anyone in the house successfully gained admission and moved from Germany to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Oh wow. So sorry. Medical request is a positive. If not for the situation , you most likely would have gotten it.

Check out

University of British Columbia, Msc Computer Science

University of Ottawa Msc computer science

University of Toronto msc computer science

University of Alberta msc computer science

University of Waterloo msc computer science

McMaster University Msc Computer science

Simon Fraser University Msc Computer science

McGill University Msc Computer Science

Queens University Msc Computer Science

Concordia University Msc Computer Science

Cheers

Smileyin:
Please can someone recommend graduate schools for Computer science course that I can apply to. Its been way too long, got close and then I thought I needed to start over cause I couldn't do medicals since I was with child and half the tests wouldn't have been possible. This fate of mine has to change asap. My career is important to me and Canada has been my first choice from day 1 else I would have tried the USA. Its beginning to feel somehow. Closest I've gotten is medical request. Maybe I should do upfront medicals this time although I don't plan on getting pregnant again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Adeenzo,

True! It is possible but not always advisable.

All the best
Yeah, but I just have to be hopeful, I could have kept my bsc but I have already mentioned in my previous canada visiting visa... So I decided not to keep it out.
I have been to NAIT, and honestly its a frigging wonderful and awesome school. When you see physically whichever school you have applied to, you will be blown away.
But with my bsc in computer science and my current work as an IT systems administrator (3 years) in a financial institution to your own knowledge and experience does this correlate with my intended course (electronics engineering)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Brigpsy: 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello everyone, am new here. I have been going through this thread for a while and i have gotten useful information. I finished school 2018 with a 2:1 B.Sc Management Information System and have done my youth service. I am currently working in an IT firm and I want to apply for my masters in Cybersecurity. Please i need a recommendation for a school in canada for co-op masters in Cybersecurity and the processes. I have already started my processes with the university of new brunswick and university of Guelph. Thanks in advance guys.
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Osemigho
@Frannkbonn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Evergeen22: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:
Do you have a valid permit in China?? How long is it valid? What type of permit. Normally if you’re staying there legally and with google record and you can prove strong home ties to Nigeria, it shouldn’t be a problem

Yes bro! I have a valid visa and it expires next year October. It’s a student visa and I ve been in China for a year plus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Smileyin:
Hi Smileyin,

A response has bin made in the past based on your question,

If u graduated with a 2.2 or HND in Computer Science or related program,
Visit the Link below for
Computer Science Related PG.Cert/Post Baccalaureate Program
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/431#95227017

If you had a 2.1 , apply for Masters in Computer
See the link below for M.SC in Computer Science programs

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Computer+Science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

After getting schools (choose lots of skools) of your choice, then the link below is your next plug

Guides/contents/videos on how to apply for M.SC, Secure a Supervisor & also get possible M.SC/PH.D Funded (Scholarship) Position in Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
So let me give you further deatails..
1) i am being sponsored by a uk based soccer agency that is coming to west africa for talent hunting.
2)The aim is for me to be a fifa licensed soccer agent and operate with them
3) To become a fifa licensed agent you must be a citizen of the country issuing you the license hence i must return to nigeria and write the soccer agents exam because( because it makes no sense staying in canada till i become citizen when i can easily go home and get d same license)
4)i actually dont intend staying put there, i just need the studies to certify requirements for the agents exam.. Thanks
heidepaper:
All these points you gave here cannot convince the VO. Even, I am not convinced not to talk of a VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please can you send me the consent form to this email ettadefik@gmail.com

heidepaper:
It looked the same to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
Mimi1234:
Good Day, Please i would like to start an application to travel through Education. I don't know how to go about it . Kindly send previous threads to help me out . I am had a Second Class Lower Division as a degree and I seek for low tuition fee schools in Cake decorating and pastry Arts . I would also love to get Partial scholarship schools offering this course please . Thank You !
Hi Mimi,

The link below will be your plug to get educated & Start your Canada Study Visa Application

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

You would likely not see a Graduate program in Cake Decor & Pastry Artistry,
but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Cake Decor & Pastry or programs related to food & culinary arts.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs

- Culinary Management
Selkirk College, Castlegar, British Columbia

- Food Media
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

- Food Tourism (Culinary Tourism)

- Food And Nutrition Management
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- Food and Nutrition Management
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

As regards skools with low tuition, do a google search on the schools above, and check for their International Tuition, with that u can be able to know what to budget for or the one that can accommodate your budget.

- There is no scholarship available for PGD/PG. Cert programs, only those with 2.1 going for Masters & PH.D gets funding (scholarship), based on they are into RESEARCH WORK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
I just sent it
UBCcookies:
Please can you send me the consent form to this email ettadefik@gmail.com

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Evergeen22: 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello Everyone, please i just gained admission in UCW in Vancouver for masters in MBA, July 2021 intake, but the thing there is right now i am in china and i am asking, will it be better for me to come back to nigeria and apply from nigeria or is better i look for the Canadian Embassy here in china and apply. i am currently running a HSK program in china and i have a valid visa till 2021, now can i apply for the visa from china ? do i have better chances here than in nigeria or should i just come home and apply from Nigeria

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by charlyduru: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good day Good people, Hope we are all safe. please a friend of mine just got denied and attached is the reason. He did his bachelors in Thailand and extended it to a masters but wants to finish up his masters in Canada. We showed solid home ties to Nigeria and am surprised they evaluated him based on ties to Thailand. Please wats your take on this? thanks. why will they think he wants to come back to Thailand and not his home country of Nigeria to work.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
Brigpsy:
Hello everyone, am new here. I have been going through this thread for a while and i have gotten useful information. I finished school 2018 with a 2:1 B.Sc Management Information System and have done my youth service. I am currently working in an IT firm and I want to apply for my masters in Cybersecurity. Please i need a recommendation for a school in canada for co-op masters in Cybersecurity and the processes. I have already started my processes with the university of new brunswick and university of Guelph. Thanks in advance guys.
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Osemigho
@Frannkbonn
Hi Brigs,

Do a google search on the following Cybersecurity Related Masters Programs

- M.A.Sc. in Information Systems Security
Concordia University, Quebec

- MEng in Information Systems Security

- MA in Information Systems & Technology
York University, Ontario

- Master of Science in Information Systems
Athabasca University, Alberta

- Master of Information Systems Security Management
Concordia University of Edmonton, Alberta

- Master of Information Systems Assurance Management

- Master of Science (Management) in Information Systems
University of Lethbridge, Alberta

The link below would help in the process of your Master's Admission

Guides/contents/videos on how to apply for M.SC, Secure a Supervisor & also get possible M.SC/PH.D Funded (Scholarship) Position in Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thompsonpet(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
Gunbi:
I used the Duolingo English test. They are accepting it for applications up to summer 2021 due to the pandemic.
I got admission into the MEng program in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering for winter 2021.

Gunbi, I intend to apply for the same program ( Fall intake). Please what's the cost exposure like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Brigpsy: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Brigs,

Do a google search on the following Cybersecurity Related Masters Programs

- M.A.Sc. in Information Systems Security

- MEng in Information Systems Security

- MA in Information Systems & Technology
York University, Ontario

- Master of Science in Information Systems
Athabasca University, Alberta

- Master of Information Systems Security Management

- Master of Information Systems Assurance Management

- Master of Science (Management) in Information Systems
University of Lethbridge, Alberta

The link below would help in the process of your Master's Admission

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your friend’s refusal.

But nothing here shows he was evaluated based on Thailand. Is he legally resident in Thailand? And did he attach documents to prove it?

The reasons he was given in the refusal letter are generic. To see the specific cause of his rejection, he needs to order his GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and he’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If he has anyone in Canada ( citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident) to order it on his behalf it would cost $5 cad only. From the notes he’ll see the visa officer’s specific concerns and he’ll be able to address it before replying if he decides to reapply.

Before then he should share his profile (age, course applied for and level, course he’s doing now in Thailand, previous employment etc)

And the documents he submitted so people in the house can advise properly.

Best wishes

charlyduru:
Good day Good people, Hope we are all safe. please a friend of mine just got denied and attached is the reason. He did his bachelors in Thailand and extended it to a masters but wants to finish up his masters in Canada. We showed solid home ties to Nigeria and am surprised they evaluated him based on ties to Thailand. Please wats your take on this? thanks. why will they think he wants to come back to Thailand and not his home country of Nigeria to work.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Micholo5(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

What did you study in your first degree?
. History and Strategic Studies. UNILAG. Am looking forward to the field of Human Relations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Correct me if i am wrong, but by an undergraduate diploma, you mean a post secondary diploma??
Honorable you already have a BSc which is higher than an undergraduate diploma. The VO would be concerned about your academic progression.
Dietminute:
Hello everyone please i need suggestions on this!!
I have a bsc in Geography and graduated 2017, have been working also, but i wish to apply for under gradaute diploma in an entirely different field ( sports management).
What are my chances of getting visa approval because from what i have read here soo far it seams almost impossible to get visa approval for under graduate diplomas.. i'm 28years and single.
Please i need suggestions... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Micholo5(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

What did you study in your first degree?
. History and Strategic Studies. UNILAG. Am looking forward to the field of Human Relations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Micholo5(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

A response based on your question has bin made today, the Content in the Link below answers ur question
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/440#95313925

Many Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
A lot of success stories are attributed to Chinese VO's. I think applying from China would be better

Evergeen22:
Hello Everyone, please i just gained admission in UCW in Vancouver for masters in MBA, July 2021 intake, but the thing there is right now i am in china and i am asking, will it be better for me to come back to nigeria and apply from nigeria or is better i look for the Canadian Embassy here in china and apply. i am currently running a HSK program in china and i have a valid visa till 2021, now can i apply for the visa from china ? do i have better chances here than in nigeria or should i just come home and apply from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yungchop: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys... My questions are...

1. I am a graduate of Botany and can't go for MSc because i don't have a 2.1, so which related courses can i get if i apply for a P Cert and what's the tuition range?

2. I'm interested in changing career entirely and going into IT, can i get scholarships for undergraduate studies? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Me too dey learn bro..my bsc is in physical sciences, while am trying to go into management faculty
Chukwubuikexo:
Correct me if i am wrong, but by an undergraduate diploma, you mean a post secondary diploma??
Honorable you already have a BSc which is higher than an undergraduate diploma. The VO would be concerned about your academic progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
If so, without work experience in your proposed course of study, you would find it hard to convince the VO.

Dietminute:
Me too dey learn bro..my bsc is in physical sciences, while am trying to go into management faculty
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Evergeen22: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
A lot of success stories are attributed to Chinese VO's. I think applying from China would be better

Thanks Bro. I ve been really thinking about this. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MERCHANDISER: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Which school in Canada will accept IELTS score of 6.0(Writing 7, speaking 6.5, Reading 5 and Listening 5) or Letter of attestation, English language as a medium of instruction from school.?

I studied Animal science with second class upper division honours and CGPA of 3.58.

I want to apply for my MSc program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MERCHANDISER: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Mimi,

The link below will be your plug to get educated & Start your Canada Study Visa Application

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

You would likely not see a Graduate program in Cake Decor & Pastry Artistry,
but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Cake Decor & Pastry or programs related to food & culinary arts.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs

- Culinary Management
Selkirk College, Castlegar, British Columbia

- Food Media

- Food Tourism (Culinary Tourism)

Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- Food and Nutrition Management
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

As regards skools with low tuition, do a google search on the schools above, and check for their International Tuition, with that u can be able to know what to budget for or the one that can accommodate your budget.

- There is no scholarship available for PGD/PG. Cert programs, only those with 2.1 going for Masters & PH.D gets funding (scholarship), based on they are into RESEARCH WORK

Which school in Canada will accept IELTS score of
6.0(Writing 7, speaking 6.5, Reading 5 and Listening 5) or
Letter of attestation, English language as a medium of
instruction from school.?
I studied Animal science with second class upper division
honours and CGPA of 3.58.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Honorable their are numerous other schools that dont require IELTS. I advise you go for them
MERCHANDISER:
Which school in Canada will accept IELTS score of 6.0(Writing 7, speaking 6.5, Reading 5 and Listening 5) or Letter of attestation, English language as a medium of instruction from school.?

I studied Animal science with second class upper division honours and CGPA of 3.58.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello,

2. Going for undergraduate degree when you already have one might lead to a refusal except you have solid reasons, same with changing career. Yes there are scholarships available for undergrad

Do you have IT work experience? If you do, that could help. But just deciding to change because you want to is not enough.

yungchop:
Hello guys... My questions are...

1. I am a graduate of Botany and can't go for MSc because i don't have a 2.1, so which related courses can i get if i apply for a P Cert and what's the tuition range?

2. I'm interested in changing career entirely and going into IT, can i get scholarships for undergraduate studies? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
The program runs for 2 years with 10 courses in total.. Payment is made per course. Tuition comes up to over 23k CAD (excluding general fees, insurance, etc).

Thompsonpet:

Gunbi, I intend to apply for the same program ( Fall intake). Please what's the cost exposure like?

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.