Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1164768 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
I bought USD on the black market

BCkeys:
Thank you. Please how about the travel funds?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello kelvine95,

Sorry to hear about the refusal. Don’t give up please. Being fully funded is a great step. Send me a DM if you want to talk through it.

Best wishes
kelvine95:
I was denied Visa this morning base on home ties and financial status. I want to order for my gcms notes, but I am not sure I will re-apply, since I am going there as fully funded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
adeenzo:
Any word from Abuja VFS, since Dec. 3rd wey I don submit my passport, nothing yet from them, still waiting for LOI
and I don go book flight for 18th, omo na on top vibes and Insha Allah I dey so grin grin
[b]@nairaluck [/b]any luck from your side , because e b like say we dey the same boat
My brother I have been trying to call. No single update aside the one of last week. My passport has been dispatched to Canada visa application center, which I presume the one at lekki.

No update since
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
NairaLuck:

My brother I have been trying to call. No single update aside the one of last week. My passport has been dispatched to Canada visa application center, which I presume the one at lekki.

No update since
Which update did you get last week? have you gotten LOI?
what I am seeing on my portal is Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office. and I sent mine to abuja VFS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
I just got off the phone with one of them after almost 150 attempts, the guy I spoke with said DHL(if you used dhl 2 way courier) will pick up every available passports before CoB today and begin dispatch tomorrow. If you live in Lagos, you should get it tomorrow, but if you live outside Lagos, you should receive it by Wednesday, that was what the guy told me. You don't have to pay anything again.
I then followed up with DHL to let them know I have something waiting for me at VFS which they promised to pick up today.
Still keeping fingers crossed.

Hamilah11:
Hi guys. I just received a mail from vfs global now.

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201127***** has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 10:53:52 AM at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection."

To those that submitted to vfs lagos and used 2way, how long did it take to receive your passport back after receiving this mail? And do I need to call vfs global regarding the collection? Did you have to pay the vfs courier fee too? Kindly let me know what to do next. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
kelvine95:
I was denied Visa this morning base on home ties and financial status. I want to order for my gcms notes, but I am not sure I will re-apply, since I am going there as fully funded.

Hello kelvine95,

Don't allow the full funding go to waste, shake off the disheartening news and immediately re-apply (after you get your notes).

When did you apply, how did you demonstrate your level of establishment and did you include your BS?

Did you opt for NSE?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dameelee:
I just got off the phone with one of them after almost 150 attempts, the guy I spoke with said DHL(if you used dhl 2 way courier) will pick up every available passports before CoB today and begin dispatch tomorrow. If you live in Lagos, you should get it tomorrow, but if you live outside Lagos, you should receive it by Wednesday, that was what the guy told me. You don't have to pay anything again.
I then followed up with DHL to let them know I have something waiting for me at VFS which they promised to pick up today.

At what time did you receive LOI? who sends it? is it IRCC via your GCkey portal or from your VFS via an email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
awys:

Wow am sorry to hear this Kelvin it can be so tiring and so unfair with these their refusals.Its restrategizing and perfection that's needed in another trial and God will favor you.
In between your eligibility review started December 11th and decision was already made this morning nah wah do they review Applications over the weekend too gurus in the house should please answer cuz 11th is Friday and today is Monday this is serious sha.It is well!!!

They work on weekends too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello all,

I just got a mail from abujag@international.... hat for the NSE, GENERAL is acceptable..see attached pics

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Popoolam: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
OtunbaTee:
Hello all,

I just got a mail from abujag@international.... hat for the NSE, GENERAL is acceptable..see attached pics

When did you send the enquiry mail to them and how long did it take before they replied

Asking for a friend grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
OtunbaTee:
Hello all,

From the reply the person said only general training is acceptable does that mean Academic training is not acceptable maybe it's a typo error. This is English ooo only general training is acceptable they shouldn't confuse people they should just say both are acceptable grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Akannitommy:
Ensure you add the CAQ if you are going to Quebec Province. @Justmellow sir, is the Covid-19 test result compulsory for everyone or those going on specific airline or heading to certain province?

Hello Akannitommy,

Sir is a title for those at the stage. I'm still a young adult. If you see me in person you go understand grin

For people that I know that got approved for SP or PR and that has travelled, none of them did one and they entered Canada without any hassle.

Even some CBSA agents at the POE don't pay any interest to the ArriveCAN thingy. Its good to have it available though–the CAN slip.

All the best bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
I got LOI on the 8th of Dec, it came from IRCC into my GCkey portal.
You should constantly check your GCkey portal to see if your Counterfoil has dropped because you won't get any notification for this, LOI usually drops a day or 2 after counterfoil.
adeenzo:

At what time did you receive LOI? who sends it? is it IRCC via your GCkey portal or from your VFS via an email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
Popoolam:

When did you send the enquiry mail to them and how long did it take before they replied

Asking for a friend grin

Since November oo. .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
awys:

From the reply the person said only general training is acceptable does that mean Academic training is not acceptable maybe it's a typo error. This is English ooo only general training is acceptable they shouldn't confuse people they should just say both are acceptable grin grin grin
Me too I'm tired jare. ..they're just confusing people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Me too I'm tired jare. ..they're just confusing people
Well all the same people submitted both and it was accepted this requirement though doesn't only determine the approval.Other factors supercedes this NSE requirements the only advantage is it expedites the visa processing time to within 20days to me oooo one should concentrate on more important factors I have not seen refusal based on IELTS though for study visa so one should just pray for grace and God to help us with the visa approval success. But anyone that wants the NSE can prepare for the IELTS as the both are acceptable ,the NSE requirements is not a compulsion one must do it it is stated if one cannot meet up they will continue processing it through regular channel. At least someone got the letter to bring TEF for Quebec region but the person decided he will wait for the time to elapse that he can't write TEF so it's optional if one wants the NSE requirements.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dameelee:
I got LOI on the 8th of Dec, it came from IRCC into my GCkey portal.
You should constantly check your GCkey portal to see if your Counterfoil has dropped because you won't get any notification for this, LOI usually drops a day or 2 after counterfoil.
Thanks for the heads up.
What was the time frame between your PPR and LOI/COUNTERFOIL?
I got my PPR 3rd of December, still awaiting LOI and Counterfoil.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
adeenzo:

Which update did you get last week? have you gotten LOI?
what I am seeing on my portal is Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office. and I sent mine to abuja VFS
Received counter foil and loi last week.
Tracking just updated that it's now in lekki but I didn't get any email on it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
NairaLuck:

Received counter foil and loi last week.
Tracking just updated that it's now in lekki but I didn't get any email on it
Nice one, I still dey wait for LOI and Counterfoil ooo, hopefully, it drops this week
Make Abuja VFS get sense na and make them do normal ooo angry. At this rate na to change my flight ticket date from 18th sad sad ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hamilah11(f): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
Thank you so much for responding. The just sent another mail now.
"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201127CALAPKT***** has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 12/14/2020 12:53:35 PM"
Though I used UPS, does this mean I might receive it today or tomorrow?
Dameelee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
Roger that!

JustMellow:

Hello Akannitommy,

Sir is a title for those at the stage. I'm still a young adult. If you see me in person you go understand grin

For people that I know that got approved for SP or PR and that has travelled, none of them did one and they entered Canada without any hassle.

Even some CBSA agents at the POE don't pay any interest to the ArriveCAN thingy. Its good to have it available though–the CAN slip.

All the best bro!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joeadex(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good day house,
Please I need list of Canadian Schools can I applied to for Diploma in any Construction Courses/Environmental Science(I.e Architecture, Engineering etc.)
Thanks, God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
awys:

Well all the same people submitted both and it was accepted this requirement though doesn't only determine the approval.Other factors supercedes this NSE requirements the only advantage is it expedites the visa processing time to within 20days to me oooo one should concentrate on more important factors I have not seen refusal based on IELTS though for study visa so one should just pray for grace and God to help us with the visa approval success. But anyone that wants the NSE can prepare for the IELTS as the both are acceptable ,the NSE requirements is not a compulsion one must do it it is stated if one cannot meet up they will continue processing it through regular channel. At least someone got the letter to bring TEF for Quebec region but the person decided he will wait for the time to elapse that he can't write TEF so it's optional if one wants the NSE requirements.

There's been refusal o...Kelvin submitted his ielts and was given till Dec 19th, but got his reply today 14th from ircc. .another dude has passed 20days and no reply from them yet!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
kelvine95:

I got the NSE in November and my study permit was reviewed between Friday and today, even without me responding to it. Though I later uploaded my IELTS result.

I don't think the NSE has anything to do with me being refused a study permit. I have a very unique story, and it is quite reasonable for Vo to think that I won't return home. I am the only child of my mum who bears different last name as me, and my dad is late since I was in jss1, unfortunately I didn't inherit anything from him, since his wonderful sisters had their way. Also, I couldn't get study leave from my work place, since I work for a private firm. I added my mum's land and an affidavit from her. I also added my half sister's birth certificate, this was technically the major home ties I had.

Hello kelvine95,

How did you get to know the bolded?

Despite the funding, in order to address the VO's concerns, these are my suggestions to you (based on assumptions before the arrival of your notes).

1. Get a Letter of Support from your mom.

It doesn't necessarily have to be huge but she can at least transfer any possible amount out of the $10kCAD to give weight to the LOS.

2. Get a study leave letter to support the already employment documents at hand.

3. Include your BS or MBS, which ever is applicable

4. If you don't have personal assets, use your future plans and current job (career advancement) if lucrative to demonstrate a strong HT

5. Give a breakdown of the full coverage of the funding letter or certificate and the length in which the extra funds your mom will transfer to will also cover or go

6. Present any membership certificate in your possession (if applicable)

7. Since you're a research student, approach a Senior Lecturer, Dr., Prof., HOD or Dean in your graduate school that you can easily have a mutual rapport.

Explain your situation with evidence (full funding letter, refusal letter, LOA etc)

Ask for assistant for a verifiable Letter of Attestation address to the VO that acknowledge your possible return to an ongoing research work that you are part of. That you will return in time for the presentation ceremony... (If applicable)

8. There is also the Power of Attorney stating your control over your mom's or late father's property (if applicable)

Endeavour to think deeply for answers, only way to stroll pass this artificial hurdle.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Godsblessings,

The important documents are:

1. Admission Letter
2. Letter of Introduction
3. International Passport

If Applicable:

4. Enrollment Verification Letter
5. POF
6. ArriveCAN App Receipt
7. Covid-19 Test Result

The applicable documents should be packed separately in an easily accessible bag.

All the best
ok thanks God bless you, pls concerning the 14days quarantine, is it advisable to use hotel for the isolation? to use the school residence ?
for the accommodation in school, pls where can we book is Airbnb ok , or we should use the school accommodation?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Motun667: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello everyone I am about to submit my application next week I need an advice

I’m 21 years becoming 22 January 7
My mother is my sponsor
My mother cac document
My mother company account
Mother personal account 11million.
Regina asked tution deposit (500) paid
Admitted for a bachelors degree in economics
Affidavit of support stamped stating she would sponsor me throughout my stay in the university and said she would make sure I come back
Attached document saying she will use the document as collateral if to sort out any financial need needed By me in schoool
Letter of introduction from her company saying I’m part of thier director
Cac paruculars staying I’m part of the board of director
Study gap 8 years ( staying I was 13 years when I finished secondary school computer certification and internship done with evidence
I’m her first son
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Motun667: 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Motun667:
Hello everyone I am about to submit my application next week I need an advice

I’m 21 years becoming 22 January 7
My mother is my sponsor
My mother cac document
My mother company account
Mother personal account 11million.
Regina asked tution deposit (500) paid
Admitted for a bachelors degree in economics
Affidavit of support stamped stating she would sponsor me throughout my stay in the university and said she would make sure I come back
Attached document saying she will use the document as collateral if to sort out any financial need needed By me in schoool
Letter of introduction from her company saying I’m part of thier director
Cac paruculars staying I’m part of the board of director
Study gap 8 years ( staying I was 13 years when I finished secondary school computer certification and internship done with evidence
I’m her first son
Sop (I need someone to help me look at it )

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hi,

It seems it is only "werey" that can work for this VFS Lagos people. But it is so unfortunate that we have to call before they will do their job.

As planned, I called on 08150199900 and got through once then spoke with a guy around 10:00am. He said he would check physically if it is in their office and also ask the account unit to verify my payment. I told him my passport is already in their office as several people in my batch are already in Canada. I promised him I will call back by 12noon and all day including all week if possible. I have lost money from changing ticket twice which is true. He said if every thing checks out, they will hand to UPS on Wednesday and it will take 3 days to reach me.

Then I got three emails an hour later within 2 minutes.

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No************ blah blah blah
"(1) ...............has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 11:00:41 AM and will be dispatched to...
(2) ..............has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 11:01:01 AM and has been dispatched to..
(3) .............has been received from the IRCC Office on 12/14/2020 11:02:09 AM at the VAC, Lagos and is ready for collection.

I plan to call back again so they can confirm my payment and give me aws#

We die there today

Agbero Style

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
OtunbaTee:

There's been refusal o...Kelvin submitted his ielts and was given till Dec 19th, but got his reply today 14th from ircc. .another dude has passed 20days and no reply from them yet!
I know there has been refusal but the refusal is not based on IELTS but on their normal important proof of ties or no ties, convinction or no convinction.The NSE is just a formality for expediting the process to be fast and not in all cases.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oluwayemisi0507: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

How is your Monday going?

Please I need an URGENT information on how to access the British Council. Lagos branch to be precise.

Ever since I realised that I could submit my IELTS General Test Report Form (I wrote the test in July 2019 and did not pick it up then), I have been calling the British Council numbers and all of them just keep tossing me around despite telling them how important it is.

I was also told they have been working from home and I won't meet anyone at the office.

I am trying to gather my docs before I get NSE Request and these guys are just not giving me any hope of collecting it anytime soon.

Please Hellllllllllllp.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
So after 40 days and 40 nights, UPS and VFS decided to land my eagle today.

Disturbed them totally like an olodo asking for answers from an efiko in an exam of multivariable calculus.

Delivery guy finally came and after all the formalities, he humbly requested to roger him.

Na im i carry am go beer parlour beg d woman say make dem knack am correct nkwobi and heineken. Baba still dey roll for floor as i dey speak right now.

I no fit shout walahi but laslas na God go punish VFS and IRCC for d delay o.

Abeg who dey comot with Ethiopian Airline for Friday make we gather oooo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
To add to Hon Justmellow submission, below are some unconventional tips I added to my SOP regardless that I had a $125k worth of funding;

I set up a Uber hire purchase contract with a driver delivering a fixed amount (about $100) weekly into a dedicated bank account. I didn't show the account but I showed the ownership, insurance and front page of the contract.

I bought a used van for family business while am away, from an auction in the US but it was still at the port in Baltimore when I applied so I added the dock receipt and bill of lading. I explained the purpose in my SOP

I indicated how long my family has been in Lagos Island and that am from an indigenous family of which I am the assistant secretary holding all heritage documents and inheritance rights. I ensured my Linkedln account showed this.

I indicated I am the treasurer of the local CDA in my area and that I am in charge of community funds that I have managed for over 2 years. I also ensured my Linkedln account showed this.

I have a wife and 3 kids, I included all their passports and previous visas. Letter of indigeneship from the Oba, LGA and traditional chief from my family branch.

I didn't include documents for my siblings - 2 are abroad and 1 is here - and neither for my parents because I had too much attachments so I had to cut out a lot.

3 CAC registration. One of the companies was set up with my wife and has not started business. However, that company has the object clauses that are related to my course of study. The SOP showed we are going to be running the company together upon my return and we already have a network of contacts and clients to transit into the corporate set-up.

The idea is to think about all your strong points and emphasize them. Don't assume something is not important; if you can articulate it, present it.

It shall end in praises.

JustMellow:

Hello kelvine95,

How did you get to know the bolded?

Despite the funding, in order to address the VO's concerns, these are my suggestions to you (based on assumptions before the arrival of your notes).

1. Get a Letter of Support from your mom.

It doesn't necessarily have to be huge but she can at least transfer any possible amount out of the $10kCAD to give weight to the LOS.

2. Get a study leave letter to support the already employment documents at hand.

3. Include your BS or MBS, which ever is applicable

4. If you don't have personal assets, use your future plans and current job (career advancement) if lucrative to demonstrate a strong HT

5. Give a breakdown of the full coverage of the funding letter or certificate and the length in which the extra funds your mom will transfer to will also cover or go

6. Present any membership certificate in your possession (if applicable)

7. Since you're a research student, approach a Senior Lecturer, Dr., Prof., HOD or Dean in your graduate school that you can easily have a mutual rapport.

Explain your situation with evidence (full funding letter, refusal letter, LOA etc)

Ask for assistant for a verifiable Letter of Attestation address to the VO that acknowledge your possible return to an ongoing research work that you are part of. That you will return in time for the presentation ceremony... (If applicable)

8. There is also the Power of Attorney stating your control over your mom's or late father's property (if applicable)

Endeavour to think deeply for answers, only way to stroll pass this artificial hurdle.

All the best

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.