Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155898 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
Good evening to everyone
Please I want to inquire if anyone has gotten admission to UBC for a graduate program without the submission of GRE.... The course I am applying for states that GRE is optional...
Since they said it is optional, I want to know if the submission of GRE by other applicants can give them more advantage in the assessment of their applications for admission.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
I will tell you what I think about such "optional" requirements especially as it relates to UBC. The school is perhaps Canadian numero uno safe for UT and McGills so competition is sure to be high.

Also, the way some admission committee work is that they review all the compulsory requirements then rate everyone in the pool. Some clear cut decisions may be made and offers made. But they don't make final decisions on all applicants yet however a shortlist that is higher than the admission quota is selected. They usually do second and even third rounds of offers. There will be ties at this point so they need tie breakers and that is where the optional submissions may come in. They will likely make final decisions based off those things that set certain applicants apart. If you have GRE submit it since it was listed as an optional item. It could become helpful when you need that extra point to set you apart.

Although it won't matter if your applicant is stellar (without GRE) and you were already in the first batch of offers to be made. UBC is highly competitive and so you need to throw all you got at it. Best wishes!

Iffylove:
Good evening to everyone
Please I want to inquire if anyone has gotten admission to UBC for a graduate program without the submission of GRE.... The course I am applying for states that GRE is optional...
Since they said it is optional, I want to know if the submission of GRE by other applicants can give them more advantage in the assessment of their applications for admission.
Thank you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
Iffylove:
Good evening to everyone
Thank you all.

Hi Iffylove,

You can try to put your best foot forward by drafting an interesting strong statement of purpose to your advantage to convince the admission officers that your background would count as a positive factor to overlook the GRE requirement for you like sighting maybe your work experience, leadership positions you have held, managerial positions you have occupied or maybe your educational and professional background and stating what you intend to achieve and bring onboard to your fellow cohorts from an african perspective into the classroom.

Those who submitted GRE scores might get the advantage of schorlarships and funding.

Wish you success.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2020
Akannitommy:
I will tell you what I think about such "optional" requirements especially as it relates to UBC. The school is perhaps Canadian numero uno safe for UT and McGills so competition is sure to be high.

Also, the way some admission committee work is that they review all the compulsory requirements then rate everyone in the pool. Some clear cut decisions may be made and offers made. But they don't make final decisions on all applicants yet however a shortlist that is higher than the admission quota is selected. They usually do second and even third rounds of offers. There will be ties at this point so they need tie breakers and that is where the optional submissions may come in. They will likely make final decisions based off those things that set certain applicants apart. If you have GRE submit it since it was listed as an optional item. It could become helpful when you need that extra point to set you apart.

Although it won't matter if your applicant is stellar (without GRE) and you were already in the first batch of offers to be made. UBC is highly competitive and so you need to throw all you got at it. Best wishes!

Thank you for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
olasubomy:

Hi Iffylove,

You can try to put your best foot forward by drafting an interesting strong statement of purpose to your advantage to convince the admission officers that your background would count as a positive factor to overlook the GRE requirement for you like sighting maybe your work experience, leadership positions you have held, managerial positions you have occupied or maybe your educational and professional background and stating what you intend to achieve and bring onboard to your fellow cohorts from an african perspective into the classroom.

Those who submitted GRE scores might get the advantage of schorlarships and funding.

Wish you success.

Thank you for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ericksen(m): 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
ohk no wahala.
We move!!
All the best man.
Blavkmaann:

I did oo, I sent it for them thru webform, my course is 1 year but I was given 2 years.... so my deferred graduation date tallies with the expiry daye
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Popoolam: 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
Evening guys

Sorry, has anyone noted any timeline between when eligibility review starts and when a final decision is made?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Loool, there’s no specific timeline.

Mine started since July 20th and it’s still on. Meanwhile it only lasted for a week for some people here.

So it honestly depends.

Popoolam:
Evening guys

Sorry, has anyone noted any timeline between when eligibility review starts and when a final decision is made?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dameelee:
Egypt
r
Good one, same here let's connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dameelee:
When is your flight? i'm going with Egypt air also
Didn't see this on time

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Hassan19,

Between 4-6 months is acceptable. 10k cad is currently about 3.3m (bank rate) and almost 4m (black market) I would say 4m is a safe mark. You should stay updated with the exchange rate changes incase you’re not applying now.

Best wishes

Thank you so much for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 12:21am On Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys, please has anyone that submitted in November gotten PPR yet?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 12:31am On Dec 14, 2020
Popoolam:
Evening guys

There is no timeframe, decision can come at anytime and by God's grace yours will be positive, just leave it to the hands of God who has the final approval. I understand the anxiety.

You may want to apply for your GCMS note if you wish. Someone on this forum has not gotten a decision but the GCMS note reads that the application has been approved.

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Popoolam: 12:43am On Dec 14, 2020
olasubomy:

There is no timeframe, decision can come at anytime and by God's grace yours will be positive, just leave it to the hands of God who has the final approval. I understand the anxiety.

You may want to apply for your GCMS note if you wish. Someone on this forum has not gotten a decision but the GCMS note reads that the application has been approved.

It will end in praise.

Thank you very much for this
Hopeful for a positive decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hassan19: 1:48am On Dec 14, 2020
I want to apply for my study permit but I don't know what to present as my source of income. I'm sponsoring myself. I'm into phones selling but it's totally done online. I don't have a physical shop and most of these phones are gotten from a friend that owns a phone shop so it's more like I'm a middleman.

My main source of income is cryptocurrency trading, I buy and sell Bitcoin and other altcoins. I'm an investor and trader in cryptocurrency, is it good if I mention this in my SOP.

I got this money from cryptocurrency, and I have proof of trading and all.

Or should I just emphasize on the phone alone but I don't have a shop yet and I don't have much to prove on that except for my CAC Business Certificate or is there any other way to present this better.

I don't know if the VO would find cryptocurrency cool in my SOP as a source of income.

I have registered my business with CAC ( Thebest gadgets and exchange) though.

Please I need your urgent advice.

Thank you as you reach out.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 2:41am On Dec 14, 2020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by simababe(f): 2:56am On Dec 14, 2020
Hello everyone, is it possible to get study visa in fashion designing. If yes pls what schools in Ontario can I look at. I am trying to help my younger sister get admission and can I also sponsor her from Canada. Is there a particular amount I must have in my account. Sorry for the questions.
P.s she's presently doing her ND in fashion so I'm working towards 2021 September undergraduate resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 4:17am On Dec 14, 2020
recxa:
Hey guys. So I got that NSE letter and I was able to get a 7.5 overall in IELTS after 4 days of preparation lol. The problem now is that I haven't gotten the Test Results Form(certificate). Do I go to the place I wrote it to request for it, or I wait for the courier to bring it? cuz I need to submit the results ASAP. Thanks.

Which site do you use to prepare please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 4:58am On Dec 14, 2020
Lekiboboe:

You are to direct your Webform to
IRCC KENYA WEBFORM

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

&

also

Send Mails to the
3 IRCC Kenya (Nairobi) E-mail Addresses

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Thank you so much!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 5:06am On Dec 14, 2020
Please for those who got travel funds. How did you do it.my bank is asking for a two way ticket? I have a one-way ticket. Also, did Ethiopian air require yellow fever vaccine card. @lekibobae please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Esekaris1(f): 6:14am On Dec 14, 2020
nifnifemi:
Hello guys.

Is any one having delay issue with bank in regards to making school fee payment to a school abroad.

I have filled form A with access bank for the past two week and they said CBN is not given them enough fx to to transaction with.

I'm having same issues too. And my own expires after 3 days, I don tire of reprinting another transaction slip.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:20am On Dec 14, 2020
Hello BCkeys,

I didn’t need a yellow fever vaccine card with Ethiopian airway.

BCkeys:
Please for those who got travel funds. How did you do it.my bank is asking for a two way ticket? I have a one-way ticket. Also, did Ethiopian air require yellow fever vaccine card. @lekibobae please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 6:35am On Dec 14, 2020
Blavkmaann:

That money you want to pay, save it you will need it.

Let me tell you how I applied..... after getting the admission, I went to that VFS office and met a bunch of hoodlums at the gate, because I drove and carry ear bud abi what’s that rubbish, they just assume I was a big big boy, they took me to one office and started listing Bill for me... the one that off me was, form filling 70k.... he say if u don’t have POF, I shu not worry he will get for me....... mstchew, I left there, bought one Nice Flirt Vodka and coke, went to my house, on gen, on light, on laptop, High wel well, then open Canada.ca ..... Omo I follow my mind and here we are today

It’s ending in legit praise! I’ll soon make a YouTube video about the whole process, let me collect my passport next week..

Ehen, I’m doing party.... stamped Canada passport party..... coming soon..... God no go shame us

Hope the party venue will b n lag... Make we come high with you...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 6:41am On Dec 14, 2020
Lord this week we ask for rain of approvals! God of the 11th hour miracle let your rain of miracle fall on as many that are waiting and put their trust in you. In Jesus name Amen.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Goodbetterbest:
Lord this week we ask for rain of approvals! God of the 11th hour miracle let your rain of miracle fall on as many that are waiting and put their trust in you. In Jesus name Amen.

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 7:10am On Dec 14, 2020
Goodbetterbest:

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BCkeys: 7:10am On Dec 14, 2020
Thank you. Please how about the travel funds?
Chocs:
Hello BCkeys,

I didn’t need a yellow fever vaccine card with Ethiopian airway.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2020
Good morning everyone. I got a mail from ielts suggesting I do ielts master. Is it okay to do that after doing the normal ielts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2020
NairaLuck:

Have you gotten your visa
Same here...Waterloo campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2020
Your CAC and online screenshots of your business pages can serve as proof of the legitimacy of your business
Hassan19:
I want to apply for my study permit but I don't know what to present as my source of income. I'm sponsoring myself. I'm into phones selling but it's totally done online. I don't have a physical shop and most of these phones are gotten from a friend that owns a phone shop so it's more like I'm a middleman.

My main source of income is cryptocurrency trading, I buy and sell Bitcoin and other altcoins. I'm an investor and trader in cryptocurrency, is it good if I mention this in my SOP.

I got this money from cryptocurrency, and I have proof of trading and all.

Or should I just emphasize on the phone alone but I don't have a shop yet and I don't have much to prove on that except for my CAC Business Certificate or is there any other way to present this better.

I don't know if the VO would find cryptocurrency cool in my SOP as a source of income.

I have registered my business with CAC ( Thebest gadgets and exchange) though.

Please I need your urgent advice.

Thank you as you reach out.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 7:43am On Dec 14, 2020
I was denied Visa this morning base on home ties and financial status. I want to order for my gcms notes, but I am not sure I will re-apply, since I am going there as fully funded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Testimonytime: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2020
Fai2:
HI.

Yes, I do. I hope you get your admission.

Not yet. Pls how long does it take to get the conditional admission and do you have to pay a whole year tuition fee, how long were you given to pay up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49