Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160342 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:04pm On May 24, 2020
wongwe:

My Bachelors degree correlates perfectly with the program i want to study. I can show all the proofs of sources of funds, everything. I am just bothered if its sane to sponsor myself. If self sponsoring has ever gotten anyone a study permit.

Will they be bothered about why digital marketing has been my source of income and not a job related to what i want to go and study. By the way, i finished serving last year.

Okay.. then you are good to go.. people here who are self sponsored have been getting approvals. I think u shouldn't let the VO know your job is different from your field of study it might reduce your chances

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:06pm On May 24, 2020
Onweke:
Has anyone received MEDICAL request without Biometrics recently ?

Impossible... unless the person has done biometrics in the last 10yrs..other than that, it's not possible to get medical request without a biometrics. Without a biometrics, your application won't be attended to

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chris182: 2:19pm On May 24, 2020
Good day house, please how long does it take for my official transcript to reach Canada from here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tstunt: 2:19pm On May 24, 2020
wongwe:

I run Niche site marketing and review of Amazon products. I was admitted to study kinesiology

I sent you a mail bro. Please, attend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:23pm On May 24, 2020
EmmySmiles:

Hello Nairalanders,

Please I will need to get more clarifications on the best way to approach this.

I applied for a diploma course in a Canadian college and I got an email from them for me to pay $500CD before 20th of June so I can get my LOA (Letter Of Acceptance) from the school to enable me apply for visa.

I have engaged a travel agent to help me with the study visa application but he asked if I have traveled before and I said no.

To my greatest surprised, he said I can't get the Visa if I don't have travel history.

My question now is, what's the best way for me to approach this?.. I don't want to pay the $500CD and my visa get denied.

Please fellow Nairalanders advice me on the best way to go about it. I'm ready to pay the $500CD but want to be sure I will get the Visa.

NB: For the records, I have HND and I'm 32 years

Well..Well.. Yes u will need to pay DAT $500 CAD so as to reserve ur seat and show commitment to the skool

As regards what the agent talked about Travel history, its not true, though it does matter if u av a Travel History, But if u don't have, its no problem, u will only clarify that in ur Statement of Purpose (SOP)

Nobody can assure u of securing a visa, (infactt, Canada said its a crime to assure an Applicant he/she gonna get a visa).....U will need to put all the necessary documents in place , ask questions here in the forum and u will be responded to...

Observation
U have an HND,
.... a One Year Post Graduate Certificate or a Two Year Post Graduate Diploma (PGC/PGD) in a Program u wanna do should av bin what u should av gone for, cos a Visa Officer will expect u to get an Higher Degree than going for a DIPLOMA after ur HND

But if u av a cogent reason on why u are going for Just a DIPLOMA, u gotta do justice to that in ur SOP by explaining and convincing the VISA OFFICER why u are going for a DIPLOMA instead of a PGC/PGD

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2020
Miide2:

March 4th
Nawa. I told the agency I used to send a mail to inquire about the delay. Have you sent them a mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Austacus: 3:52pm On May 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good evening everyone..
A quick enquiry...

Can an international student file for PR in a Province he/she did not study....

E.g An International Student who studied in ONTARIO or Saskatchewan and wants to Do his/her PGWP in Manitoba or Alberta for PR Purposes...

Thanks...

Hi,

By law, you're eligible for Canadian citizenship when you live in Canada for 1,095 days as a PR. To your question. If you schooled in a province, let's say ON and wants to get PR real-quick in a flexible province, you would have to work in the province or territory for at least 8 months - 1 year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:56pm On May 24, 2020
Austacus:

Hi,

By law, you're eligible for Canadian citizenship when you live in Canada for 1,095 days as a PR. To your question. If you schooled in a province, let's say ON and wants to get PR real-quick in a flexible province, you would have to work in the province or territory for at least 8 months - 1 year.

Thank u for the enlightenment @Austacus

So for instance,
doing a 1 year program in Saskatchewan and thereafter doing 1 year PGWP in Manitoba goes well right?

2) Can one apply to more than 1 province for PGWP?

Thanks....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EmmySmiles: 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
Wow. Thank you very much. You just gave me hope. I was already giving up on the whole thing.
Thank you so much.

Lekiboboe:

Well..Well.. Yes u will need to pay DAT $500 CAD so as to reserve ur seat and show commitment to the skool

As regards what the agent talked about Travel history, its not true, though it does matter if u av a Travel History, But if u don't have, its no problem, u will only clarify that in ur Statement of Purpose (SOP)

Nobody can assure u of securing a visa, (infactt, Canada said its a crime to assure an Applicant he/she gonna get a visa).....U will need to put all the necessary documents in place , ask questions here in the forum and u will be responded to...

Observation
U have an HND,
.... a One Year Post Graduate Certificate or a Two Year Post Graduate Diploma (PGC/PGD) in a Program u wanna do should av bin what u should av gone for, cos a Visa Officer will expect u to get an Higher Degree than going for a DIPLOMA after ur HND

But if u av a cogent reason on why u are going for Just a DIPLOMA, u gotta do justice to that in ur SOP by explaining and convincing the VISA OFFICER why u are going for a DIPLOMA instead of a PGC/PGD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrolusoji: 6:04pm On May 24, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

I am Olusoji, I have BTech in Fine and Applied Arts in 2012. Though, I have my company; CAC certified in Aug 2015 with Company bank account in Dec 2019. I want to study in Canada so as to link art with technology because I am a practised artist with science background. I prefer a 2-year post secondary diploma in Information Technology: web and mobile app development precisely over post graduate because it is hand on practice. I've paid confirmation fee of $500 to nbcc.ca and paying part of tuition fee of $4641 on 27th May for fall 2020 term.

It is a self sponsor approach because I'll be 32 years by Sep 27th.

My intention is to present gtb personal bank statement of #1,000,000 after I've paid $4641 fee to nbcc
Then present microfinance personal bank statement of #8,000,000
Then shares certificates that worth #2,000,000 in my name

I hope all this have sorted financial support.

Can u tell me what else to consider... though, I think I've done all I could but asking my fellow nairalanders opinions will serve as a lift and insight rather than my personal preparation.

Kindly assist

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Austacus: 6:06pm On May 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Thank u for the enlightenment @Austacus

So for instance,
doing a 1 year program in Saskatchewan and thereafter doing 1 year PGWP in Manitoba goes well right?

2) Can one apply to more than 1 province for PGWP?

Thanks....

100%

2) PGWP is not a prerequisite to choosing a location for you. it's in your hands to choose to work anywhere in Canada upon your PGWP. So.., yes you can apply for work to all the provinces and territory, then choose to relocate of your choice.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by EmmySmiles: 6:08pm On May 24, 2020
Do you know any school that can offer PGD/PGC in Canada. Maybe Ontario will be preferred.
Anon123:

LOL
Please ignore all this frauds called travel agent.. nobody on earth can tell u authoritatively you can't get a visa you haven't applied for yet.. pls check your mail

As for the bolded, why go for a diploma when you can go for a PGD/PGC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:25pm On May 24, 2020
Austacus:

100%

2) PGWP is not a prerequisite to choosing a location for you. it's in your hands to choose to work anywhere in Canada upon your PGWP. So.., yes you can apply for work to all the provinces and territory, then choose to relocate of your choice.
God bless u @Austascus

U do well

Thanks.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:35pm On May 24, 2020
EmmySmiles:
Do you know any school that can offer PGD/PGC in Canada. Maybe Ontario will be preferred.
ONTARIO province houses 75% of Colleges in Canada..
So visit the link below and input the PGC Program u are interested in and its gonna bring out the the name of the Colleges offering that PGC program u searched for and their intakes that is opened for Admission (Fall 2020 intake, January 2021 Winter Intake, May 2021 Spring Intake)

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

For ur best interest, the PGC program u gonna be choosing ,make sure it Aligns/Correlate with ur HND degree.... e.g an Applied Geophysics grad. Going for a PGC in Exploration Geophysics or a Biochemistry grad. Going for a PGC in BioTechnology..

Good luck..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mryoung16: 6:47pm On May 24, 2020
Hi everyone. Compliments of the day.

Please can someone guild me on any masters degree course that can give pathway for securing PR upon graduation.

NB: i had Bsc in public policy. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:05pm On May 24, 2020
EmmySmiles:

A lot of them are in Ontario..
Algonquin College
Conestoga College
Etc.. the list is much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:06pm On May 24, 2020
mryoung16:

Please can someone guild me on any masters degree course that can give pathway for securing PR upon graduation.

Almost all masters degree courses leads to a PR but if you are applying, focus on a masters program related to your BSC

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:28pm On May 24, 2020
mryoung16:

@mryoung16,

Like @Anon123 said , focus on masters program related to ur B.SC ...e.g Master's in International Relation & Policy, M.A. in Public Policy & Adminstration

Visit the link below and check for Universities offering Policy Related Masters Program in different Canadian Province

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Policy&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

So u will check the respective schools and the program (thru google)

All da best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mryoung16: 7:44pm On May 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

@mryoung16,

Like @Anon123 said , focus on masters program related to ur B.SC ...e.g Master's in International Relation & Policy...

Visit the link below and check for Universities offering Policy Related Masters Program in different Canadian Province

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Policy&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

So u will check the respective schools and the program (thru google)

All da best

Thanks so much bro. I was actually thinking that its only easier for students that majored on medical field can easily secure PR.

I will check on the links thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mryoung16: 7:45pm On May 24, 2020
Anon123:

Almost all masters degree courses leads to a PR but if you are applying, focus on a masters program related to your BSC

@Anon123. ..thanks very much sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:55pm On May 24, 2020
mryoung16:

Thanks so much bro. I was actually thinking that its only easier for students that majored on medical field can easily secure PR.

Uwc...

Not true, if that was the case , it will be only international student in the Medical field that's gonna be Applying to come study in Canada..

Every Province has its own IN-DEMAND Jobs...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:07pm On May 24, 2020
mryoung16:

For the bolded, not true

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Propofol12: 8:07pm On May 24, 2020
Please can I use two sponsors for my application. Both of them are my uncles. If this is possible, would I have to submit 6 months bank statements for both of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:38pm On May 24, 2020
For u and every other person,

Try reading previous pages so you'll be asking only questions that may not have been addressed.. U can use 2 sponsors but put urself in the VO's position to understand your financial situation.. I'm sure more experienced persons will answer but pls read up.. I've learned so much in just a short time by reading and asking questions to clarify things I didn't understand after reading

Propofol12:
Please can I use two sponsors for my application. Both of them are my uncles. If this is possible, would I have to submit 6 months bank statements for both of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:48pm On May 24, 2020
Propofol12:

You can use and preferably, 4months bank statements. But I will also advise you have money in your account to show u are also capable of paying for some miscellaneous expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by younghero2: 9:17pm On May 24, 2020
Hello great minds, pls does anyone know when VAC will start allowing booking for biometric in Abuja or Lagos. I submitted my application some days ago, and I got a mail that I should go do my biometric. But all VAC centers in Nigeria is on lockdown, and even trying to book online isn’t working. Any ideas pls.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 24, 2020
Till further notice keep checking the website.
I asked IRCC when it would be open this was theIr response
younghero2:
Hello great minds, pls does anyone know when VAC will start allowing booking for biometric in Abuja or Lagos. I submitted my application some days ago, and I got a mail that I should go do my biometric. But all VAC centers in Nigeria is on lockdown, and even trying to book online isn’t working. Any ideas pls.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 9:41pm On May 24, 2020
A sister just gained an conditional admission at Royal Roads University, Canada to study Masters of Global Management and was given an online course to complete as it is one of the requirements for unconditional admission. The course is "Academic Writing and Critical Thinking" and must pass with a minimum final grade of “B-”70%. Please I will like to know if anyone here has gained admission into this University or if you know anything about the course. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wongwe: 10:15pm On May 24, 2020
Is it advisable to tender domiciliary account statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:22pm On May 24, 2020
Propofol12:
Thank you for your response. Getting the funds in such a short period may be tough. But I'm hopeful. Is it possible to use two sponsors? Like my mum and my uncle?

Yes it's possible. A written declaration (letter of sponsorship & Affidavits) and financial statements must suffice for the two sponsors.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55