Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155932 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
LordAA:
Hello everyone,

I gained admission and I was asked to submit official proof of diploma in order to complete my admission process.
Please how do I do this as I am in possession with my previous certificate already.
Anyone with experience about this should kindly assist me.

Thanks.

@Frankrobbn1, JustMellow, Naijaforeigner.

Hello LordAA,

This should be requested from the exams and records department. Its a Confirmation of Degree letter and your Degree Certificate sent directly by your school. If you've fulfilled the official transcript condition then your school can send it using their official email to your prospect school to cut cost, otherwise it should be couriered.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Luckymama:
So I got my GCMS notes today and I have to say I agree with all those who say the GCMS notes help you see the main concern of the VO. The reason for the rejection was a lack of funds which did not make sense to me because I had more then enough funds for my entire program plus upkeep.

Turns out the VO was concerned that [/b]we did not supply evidence that my sponsor had control of his company account[b].
Note, we submitted three accounts:

1. Mine in which the sponsor had already paid in my tuition and upkeep.

2. His personal account which was also okay

3. Company account to show his source of income as a self employed person because otherwise we had no evidence of how he earned his living. We also submitted incorporation documents of his company.

How does a self employed person show his source of income without showing his business account?

Hello Luckymama,

I will base my brief suggestion on point two of your post. Given that is personal account is sufficiently enough to cover the intended sponsorship, maybe you should consider applying with only his Personal and your own personal BS.

However, if in some ways or reasons best known you decide to still include his company BS to show he has a steady and reliable flow of funds, get him to sign a board resolution letter or any other official document that can prove he's recognized as the CEO and control the company's finance. The letter should also mention the intended sponsorship and funds committed and means to make the funds avail to you.

In the absence of the aforesaid, he can rework on his LoS and input the right details based on the VO concerns and supported with a proof like a reference letter from his bank as the sole signatory to/of the account.

I don't think addressing the concerns would be somewhat tedious. You should base your refusal explainations more on the views of the GCMS notes. If possible, quote verbatim the VO's concerns on the notes before building your narrative.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
ajikaz2003:
Dear Mr. Frank, Just Mellow, et al.

For LOE, please does one have to respond to all previous study permit refusals or it's just the last refusal (i.e the most recent)?

Thank you.

Hello Ajikaz2003,

The most recent only. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

That's some good news ,most esp. for FALL 2020 applicants

With this development, there is a possibility the ONLINE CLASSES meant for Fall 2020 be annulled

I don't think so, as not all international students may want to consider traveling out of their country once the restriction is lifted. Most IS would want to still observe how the gradual flattening of the pandemic curve will shape post lockdown. Afterall there is nothing to lose as PGWP will be issued for the 50% online studies done outside Canada before December 31.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello LordAA,

This should be requested from the exams and records department. Its a Confirmation of Degree letter and your Degree Certificate sent directly by your school. If you've fulfilled the official transcript condition then your school can send it using their official email to your prospect school to cut cost, otherwise it should be couriered.

All the best

Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Scard: 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello MyRace,

Fill in your institution details for them. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

What they meant by official proof of diploma from University of Lagos is that you're ought to send the official copy of your diploma certificate directly from the exams and records of University of Lagos via courier to the school in Canada. However, you scan the unofficial and upload it on your admission portal and explain to them your inability to get the official certificate due to current global pandemic.

By the way, which program are you applying for in Canada and what's the name of the school?

It will end in praise.

Thank you for your reply.

M.Sc in Biology at University of Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
JustMellow:

I don't think so, as not all international students may want to consider traveling out of their country once the restriction is lifted. Most IS would want to still observe how the gradual flattening of the pandemic curve will shape post lockdown. Afterall there is nothing to lose as PGWP will be issued for the 50% online studies done outside Canada before December 31.
Hmm, that's true, let me jz say International students of respective countries differs

In this part of the world, where Power Supply, Internet access (in terms of signal reception, affordability, etc.) is not very much available, and also the Natural Factor (TIME ZONE),lot of students might not be able to meet up with some of the ONLINE CLASSES session

It can be favorable for some people , and at the same time not favorable for some other people

It might likely lead to Deferments of Admission to January 2021 by lots of International student world wide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
justwise:

It Is not really about you showing that you have all the money (mistake many are making) it's about where that money is coming from, that money should not come from company's account, it should come from his savings/ personal account.

Yes just wise, you are right and I learnt that on this thread. But we added the sponsor’s personal account as well. We just added the company account to show his source of income, because I was wondering if he just supports me with his personal account won’t they wonder where his money is coming from? As per he does not have paid employment as a business man.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good day house, @Frankrobbn1
Online application March 24th 2020 and ever since no response from IRCC, application status says eligibility review is on and we are processing background check also. What should I do pls? Do I Continue to wait for them to respond?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajikaz2003(m): 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
Thank you Mr. Frank, I appreciate.

Frankrobbn1:

The most recent refusal grounds are sufficient, that's what the new immigration officer will review to know if your situation has substantively changed.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ajikaz2003(m): 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Thank you very much, Mr. JustMellow.

JustMellow:

Hello Ajikaz2003,

The most recent only. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Glad to know you've finally received the visa officer's secret file (GCMS note) on your application.

In a situation like this, I would suggest your sponsor should obtain a bank reference letter that will attest to the fact that he is the sole signatory to his cooperate account and has satisfactorily been running this account since its creation date until now.

Your sponsor should also get a board resolution letter clearly written on the company's official letter headed paper. This letter should introduce your sponsor as the MD/CEO of the company, and in the letter, the board of directors should confirm that they are fully aware and in support of your sponsor (MD/CEO) of the company to sponsor your education and stay in Canada for a two years master's or PGD/C program in Canada. They should further state that they wouldn't pose to be a hindrance or obstruction to funds accessibility during the course of your studies in Canada and that adequate provisions are in place to making sure that funds are available for you without working in Canada to pay for your fees etc.

In your letter of explanation when carefully analysing and tackling the refusal grounds that were raised by the visa officer in your last application, you should ensure to draw the attention of the new visa officer to the aforementioned points about the board resolution letter and reference letter which you have added in this new application. Also elucidate in detail how the funds for your education will be spent by drafting a financial table detailing the annual funds available and annual expenses for your first year of studies. Having said that, your sponsor should also try to pay at least your tuition fees and have your living expenses transferred into your domicilary account.

I am confident if you implement the above points, it would considerably improve your application chances for approval.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns in this regard, don't hesitate to reach out here for professional assistance.

It will end in praise.

Thank you so much Frankrobbn. I think will definitely do these, in addition to having my husband as a sponsor as well. I had never heard of a bank reference letter before. I learn so much on this thread everyday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Milkytins,

Basing my opinion on your wordings, the cost of your tuition fees for 2yrs coupled with the living costs of a family of three will exceedingly be too high and may outweigh your finances. This may likely be the case IF your proof of funds is fairly strong irrespective of your RA funds.

Why not consider filing a single application, as you stand a better chance without them.

All the best

Thanks a lot. I have more than enough proof of fund: equivalent of 33,000 canadian dollar + 10,000$ from RA after paying first Semester fee. That's total $43,000 after first semester tuition fee.
However, they do request for home tie and something to show one will come back home, and on the other hand, Canada always claim they do encourage family to come together. So why is it always difficult to get Visas for family through student visa if that is what they actually encourage?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Luckymama:

Yes just wise, you are right and I learnt that on this thread. But we added the sponsor’s personal account as well. We just added the company account to show his source of income, because I was wondering if he just supports me with his personal account won’t they wonder where his money is coming from? As per he does not have paid employment as a business man.

Is the money in personal account enough to sponsor you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
justwise:

Is the money in personal account enough to sponsor you?
Yes. Tuition for entire program is 18k dollars. Personal Savings Account statement used had over 40m.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Heywhy19: 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good day all. Got masters of Business Administration offer at University Canada West, tuition fee of $35100 for 2 years. At the moment I can only afford half of this tuition but I plan to work along side my studies. My question now is this , I was told by the school that I can’t work more than 20 hours a week during the semester, is it possible to beat this ? Moreover when I take the semester off , do I pay tuition for the semester as well ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojeriakhij: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please after gaining admission into a Canadian University what is next How do i pay for biometrics ?? Please someone educate me thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Patterns18: 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Patterns18,

Its now a dream for most parents in this modern day Nigeria to see their children grow up outside her terrain. Its never a rule to the number of applicants tied to a sponsor as long as the financial requirement, commitment and sufficiency is met.

You shouldn't adhere to this advice but if you eventually file in this application, it may reek of desperation and the question of genuineness will be put in mark.

Everybody on the list can't just be on a study visa on one go. This is not me trying to say its a red flag or not possible but in otherwords, its discretionarily not right especially on the inclusion of your spouse also filing for a SP. Considerably right, even if you're determine to move your family and/or if your spouse doesn't qualify for EE, she should file as the PA and "some" of the children as accompanying dependent...

...or you can decide to move your children in twos and apply for a visit visa for your spouse. In as much as funds is a crucial part of the SP process, it has other technical and logical aspect of assessment which well describes genuineness. Mind you, applying for a study permit for them respectively means their application will be processed and assessed individually EXCEPT they're acting as accompanying dependent to your spouse and she using the children's admissions as leverage to demonstrate that they won't be a distraction.

Then again, other factors comes to bear like why waste funds when the younger ones could easily get free education and what measures has been taken to ensure that the baby don't act as a distraction. There are so many QUESTIONS to be asked and if there isn't ENOUGH answers stretched out to enable the VO make a proper assessment in arriving to a precise decision, the question of genuineness will resurface.

Since you're determined to accept whatever outcome the application brings forth given that you've already made some financial commitment, you can only try to be convincing enough and clear out blur areas in their application. The approach to processing their application is a make or mar situation. Depending on the approach, endeavour you have a good and/or reliable source of income and strong home ties amongst others.

In conclusion, the chances of a single application is not even guarantee let alone a family application. Keep what you believe in close and wish for the best.

N.B: what has been said is basically of my standpoint and mine alone.

All the best

Many thanks for taking out time to share, I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
ojeriakhij:
Please after gaining admission into a Canadian University what is next How do i pay for biometrics ?? Please someone educate me thanks
Hi,
After gaining ur Admission, gather all required documents including ur Admission letter (Letter of Acceptance) for a Canada study visa then apply....
Visit the link below for

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION[i][/i]
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

All da best!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Heywhy19:
Good day all. Got masters of Business Administration offer at University Canada West, tuition fee of $35100 for 2 years. At the moment I can only afford half of this tuition but I plan to work along side my studies. My question now is this , I was told by the school that I can’t work more than 20 hours a week during the semester, is it possible to beat this ? Moreover when I take the semester off , do I pay tuition for the semester as well ?
No u can't beat it, its a law that a student shouldn't work more than 20 hrs per week during the semester ,the penalty for it is damn harsh

You can only work more than 20 hrs during ur holidays (40 hours per week)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Heywhy19:

International Student Deported From Canada For Working Extra Hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPBBcffsqjk

Student got arrested/deported for working more than 20 hours in Canada | Truck Driving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCjl4jKI_I

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OluwaFavored: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
My apologies but this is why getting visa is getting highly difficult even for a genuine and law abiding individuals.

You have been told that you can only work for 20hrs/wk, why do you want to beat that? why will you come to a very genuine and informative platform like this to ask such question? Are you aware that even the visa officers has a handle on this nairaland and they follow every single post about immigration.

I think its high time we start to demonstrate some level of decency and respect for law, reducing the clear intentions for breaking laws and systems.

Heywhy19:

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hello family, I am putting up my documents for SP application and have attached my online generated ticket number and password document for my statement of account.

However, my sponsor generated the same for his statement of account but only received SMS alert of the login ticket and password, not a document that could be attached. Therefore, I would like to ask
1. if anyone have had a similar experience

2. Can I just type in the login ticket and password on a separate page as my sponsor's statement of account to show my POF?

Please, I will appreciate urgent inputs as I intend to submit my application tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Obanidavid:
Hello family, I am putting up my documents for SP application and have attached my online generated ticket number and password document for my statement of account.

However, my sponsor generated the same for his statement of account but only received SMS alert of the login ticket and password, not a document that could be attached. Therefore, I would like to ask
1. if anyone have had a similar experience

2. Can I just type in the login ticket and password on a separate page as my sponsor's statement of account to show my POF?

Please, I will appreciate urgent inputs as I intend to submit my application tomorrow.
I think ur Bank should av sent an Email to ur sponsor's having this kind of front page(PDF format) in the picture below....showing the Login ticket and Password, and destination..

U can check ur sponsor's email if there is anything of such...

If its not there, inform ur bank about it.

All da best!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tstunt: 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hey bro,

We didn't hear from you. I hope you got a positive response from IRCC?

Chukwuemeka101:
Reapplied may 13
Got mail from IRCC now, I have not checked it..scared though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
Luckymama:

Yes. Tuition for entire program is 18k dollars. Personal Savings Account statement used had over 40m.

The task now is to proof the source of that money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Glad to know you've finally received the visa officer's secret file (GCMS note) on your application.

In a situation like this, I would suggest your sponsor should obtain a bank reference letter that will attest to the fact that he is the sole signatory to his cooperate account and has satisfactorily been running this account since its creation date until now.

Your sponsor should also get a board resolution letter [/b]clearly written on the company's official letter headed paper. This letter should introduce your sponsor as the MD/CEO of the company, and in the letter, t[b]he board of directors should confirm that they are fully aware and in support of your sponsor (MD/CEO) of the company to sponsor your education and stay in Canada for a two years master's or PGD/C program in Canada. They should further state that they wouldn't pose to be a hindrance or obstruction to funds accessibility during the course of your studies in Canada and that adequate provisions are in place to making sure that funds are available for you without working in Canada to pay for your fees etc.

In your letter of explanation when carefully analysing and tackling the refusal grounds that were raised by the visa officer in your last application, you should ensure to draw the attention of the new visa officer to the aforementioned points about the board resolution letter and reference letter which you have added in this new application. Also elucidate in detail how the funds for your education will be spent by drafting a financial table detailing the annual funds available and annual expenses for your first year of studies. Having said that, your sponsor should also try to pay at least your tuition fees and have your living expenses transferred into your domicilary account.

I am confident if you implement the above points, it would considerably improve your application chances for approval.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns in this regard, don't hesitate to reach out here for professional assistance.

It will end in praise.

This is really unnecessary and will not help the op, sometime we unknowingly contribute to the increasing number of the refusals here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hotboss: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Its probably that your SOP was weak during the past applications for admisson. If I may ask, what course of study are you going for in Canada?

It will end in praise

Thank you for responding.. Mechanical engineering. My undergraduate is in same field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
I think ur Bank should av sent an Email to ur sponsor's having this kind of front page(PDF format) in the picture below....showing the Login ticket and Password, and destination..

U can check ur sponsor's email if there is anything of such...

If its not there, inform ur bank about it.

All da best!!!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your quick response, I think we would do just that because he had already received a text message to alert him of the ticket no and password but await the email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jejelaye01: 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Exactly my thoughts.

Too many documents that can easily bring flags to an application and create reason(s) for doubt.

justwise:

This is really unnecessary and will not help the op, sometime we unknowingly contribute to the increasing number of the refusals here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.